Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,769 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? (4985 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference? / "Sex Is Sweet": Kaduna Redeemed Christian Church Of God Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:31am On Jul 12, 2018
Yale9:

pls do not subject me to someone else's opinion.

"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you" (1 Corinthians 6:17),

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:51am On Jul 12, 2018
Ubenedictus:

sorry your excerpts were not written by those who wrote the creed, when the council of nicea wrote the Catholic Church it wasn't referring to schismatics and heretical gathering like the Protestants, you can read up on it.

so as usual your link is lying

The Nicene Creed actually stated "the Catholic and apostolic Church." See the link for the whole article.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Nicene-creed.html

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56am On Jul 12, 2018
Ubenedictus:

he protested against what he believed was wrong but even him was very clear that Catholics believe in the deity, death and resurrection of Jesus and that they are Christians with valid ministry, true creed and sacrament unlike yourself who enjoy saying the opposite.

Catholics has the basics you listed, so I asked again, if that is all that is needed, why the Protestant revolution?

You equate your traditions with and above the Word of God.

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:18am On Jul 12, 2018
LordReed:

No its because you are a hypocrite.

I can understand why you liberals would call me names. Jesus was called worse names and it is because you cannot stand the truth. Your moral compass is different from mine and this is the reason why I find it difficult to understand how a Christian can be a Democrat/liberal, the two don't mix. So, yes, I can understand why you will call me names, because I don't agree with your humanists ideologies which go contrary to the Word of God and since you have no argument you have to resort to ridicule, ad hominens and name calling.

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:23am On Jul 12, 2018
9inches:

Luther 95 thesis was not about the deity, death and resurrection of Jesus in fact Catholics believe all those basic points, Catholics were the ones who defined all those basic points.

infact Luther believed the Catholic creed and believed Catholics were Christians, unlike you.

Why then does your tradition tend to oppose what is written in God's Word?

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:38am On Jul 12, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

You equate your traditions with and above the Word of God.
you are the one who believes in the tradition of men called sola scriptura made up by Martin Luther. I on the other hand hold to the fullness of the word of God that comes to us as both scriptures and apostolic tradition in the accordance with 2 thess.

but the question remains, if the basics is all that is needed why then the Protestant revolution?

1 Like

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:12am On Jul 12, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

The Nicene Creed actually stated "the Catholic and apostolic Church." See the link for the whole article.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Nicene-creed.html

sorry that link not the council of nicea, this is what the council wrote

But the holy, catholic, and apostolic church
anathematizes those who say, "There was a time when
he was not" and "He was not before he was begotten"
and "He was made from that which did not exist," and
those who assert that he is of other substance or
essence than the Father, that he was created, or is
susceptible of change.

so the Catholic Church does not mean every body who claim to be Christian, actually the Catholic Church comprises of those who have not been excommunicated.

even till today the Catholic Church still excommunicates those who teach heresy, so not every Christian is a member of the Catholic and apostolic Church, certainly not people whose Church was founded by kumuyi not the apostles.

1 Like

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2018
Ubenedictus:

sorry that link not the council of nicea, this is what the council wrote

But the holy, catholic, and apostolic church
anathematizes those who say, "There was a time when
he was not" and "He was not before he was begotten"
and "He was made from that which did not exist," and
those who assert that he is of other substance or
essence than the Father, that he was created, or is
susceptible of change.

so the Catholic Church does not mean every body who claim to be Christian, actually the Catholic Church comprises of those who have not been excommunicated.

even till today the Catholic Church still excommunicates those who teach heresy, so not every Christian is a member of the Catholic and apostolic Church, certainly not people whose Church was founded by kumuyi not the apostles.

Where does it say the Roman Catholic church? undecided
Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by LordReed(m): 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

I can understand why you liberals would call me names. Jesus was called worse names and it is because you cannot stand the truth. Your moral compass is different from mine and this is the reason why I find it difficult to understand how a Christian can be a Democrat/liberal, the two don't mix. So, yes, I can understand why you will call me names, because I don't agree with your humanists ideologies which go contrary to the Word of God and since you have no argument you have to resort to ridicule, ad hominens and name calling.

LoL, I call you what you are, a hypocrite. You endorse adultery, fornication and have the guts to point fingers. Not only are you a hypocrite, you are a freaking joke.

2 Likes

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by 9inches(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Why then does your tradition tend to oppose what is written in God's Word?

What tradition? Name one. Let's take it from there.

1 Like

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Where does it say the Roman Catholic church? undecided
it is the Catholic Church , there are 22 churches that make up the Catholic Church, the Roman Catholic Church AKA the Latin Church is just one of them, there are the antiochene Catholic Church aka the Maronites, the melkites etc,

the council of Nicene actually mentioned the Roman Catholic Church, it is there in the canon.

canon 6
Let the ancient customs in Egypt, Libya and Pentapolis
prevail, that the Bishop of Alexandria have jurisdiction in
all these, since the like is customary for the Bishop of
Rome also. Likewise in Antioch and the other provinces,
let the Churches retain their privileges. And this is to be
universally understood, that if any one be made bishop
without the consent of the Metropolitan, the great Synod
has declared that such a man ought not to be a bishop.
If, however, two or three bishops shall from natural love
of contradiction, oppose the common suffrage of the
rest, it being reasonable and in accordance with the
ecclesiastical law, then let the choice of the majority
prevail.

so as you can see the Roman Catholic Church is always there.

1 Like

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:54am On Aug 19, 2018
LordReed:

LoL, I call you what you are, a hypocrite. You endorse adultery, fornication and have the guts to point fingers. Not only are you a hypocrite, you are a freaking joke.

How and when did I endorse adultery and fornication? undecided
Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by LordReed(m): 9:06am On Aug 19, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

How and when did I endorse adultery and fornication? undecided

Donald Trump and his many escapades.

1 Like

Re: Over 30,000 Denominations Of The Christian Church And Cannot Agree? by orisa37: 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2018
Ofcourse we all agree in being "BORN AGAIN" AND IN CHRIST JESUS" !!!
Also all Religions agree in God, The Supreme Spirit. We only know Him in our different "Tongues"!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Some Of Satan's Tricks To Get Us To Lose Faith In Christ Jesus / Catholic Church And August Meeting. / Holy Month Of Ramadan - Quotes; Tips; Advise;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.