Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri (51429 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Enugu For The 49 Convocation Of UNN / Prince Tsola Emiko To Succeed Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli / Ooni Of Ife Visits Oldest African Temple In Brazil Which Used To Be A Church.pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 7:11pm On May 13, 2018
gregyboy:

Am an edo

And olu is a yoruba name .itsekeri was mainly yorubas before benin came and ruled over them
So itsekiri is made up majourity of yorubas and minority of edos ...the oba gave them the tittle according to the yoruba meaning of lord or king ....its still dont remove the fact that its part and parcel of benin empire and its ruler is edo....

But i want to throw the question for yorubas how did the name oba originate in yoruba
And how come u refer your king by ooni and still call him oba is that not tautology in english ...

Ogie means royalty in benin oba means king (shinning one) ogiso (gods of d sky) ,enogie(duke ), odionware(most eldest in a comunity)

So tell me and prove to me oba originated in yoruba not benin

why didn’t u call ur king oba before oramiyan u instead call him Ogiso. My guy Ogie is ur word for king same in etsako. In Yoruba baale (ba ile) is ruler over a small community, (Ba ile) is the ruler of the house and Balogun (ba Ogun) ruler of the military unit. So oba lori ngbogbo is the ruler over everything is king. Ooni is the king title oonirisa same with Alafin same with owa-obokun same with awujale same with soun same with Ewi Same with Ogoga, same with elemure same with osemawe are u telling me all those word mean king in Yoruba. Oba is the only word for king in Yoruba and edo and edoid speaking group like etsako use ogie as king uhrobo Ovie without g. So tell me how did word which was first use to describe ur first king who coincidentally come from ife is an edo word.

5 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 8:03pm On May 13, 2018
Moneywomen17:
why didn’t u call ur king oba before oramiyan u instead call him Ogiso. My guy Ogie is ur word for king same in etsako. In Yoruba baale (ba ile) is ruler over a small community, (Ba ile) is the ruler of the house and Balogun (ba Ogun) ruler of the military unit. So oba lori ngbogbo is the ruler over everything is king. Ooni is the king title oonirisa same with Alafin same with owa-obokun same with awujale same with soun same with Ewi Same with Ogoga, same with elemure same with osemawe are u telling me all those word mean king in Yoruba. Oba is the only word for king in Yoruba and edo and edoid speaking group like etsako use ogie as king uhrobo Ovie without g. So tell me how did word which was first use to describe ur first king who coincidentally come from ife is an edo word.

Dont twist history am an historian its spelt baale not ba ile
And again ogie means royalty go on goggle search it out ogiso( royal from sky)
U havnt still told me how d word oba originated or the meaning ...hmm? And how come most yoruba revered oduduwa than rulers who ruled before him?

This were it connect oromiyan came as a representative of his father he came couldnt speak d language couldnt fight his uncle ogiemen
Left with anger leaving his son behind to understand the language and d pple so he could rule ...d boy grew up fought ogiemen and suceeded he got to the throne ...it was a new era of change he took a title cunned from the word ó ba meaning (shinning or white) the benins call white clothing ba(white) so oba means its whitnen or shinning.... The oba became his title and represented him as a king and ogie remained royalty
As he conqured territories the word oba spreaded to yoruba nations and they adopted it for the word royalty and the thier various title along.
So you can simply say as collectively all yoruba obas are in a meeting but the ooni of ife is not among.
And u can say all ogies are having meeting but the oba of benin is not around ...so one is a title the other collective noun..according to the report in the early 90s no yorubas monarch use the word oba nor even had a crown on thier head or beeds on thier neck except the oba of benin

Now you see benin own both the izoduwa and the word oba if you still doubt these then other tribe who reads this will definately see the truth in it
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 8:50pm On May 13, 2018
gregyboy:

U havnt still told me how d word oba originated or the meaning ...hmm? And how come most yoruba revered oduduwa than rulers who ruled before him?

This were it connect oromiyan came as a representative of his father he came couldnt speak d language couldnt fight his uncle ogiemen
Left with anger leaving his son behind to understand the language and d pple so he could rule ...d boy grew up fought ogiemen and suceeded he got to the throne ...it was a new era of change he took a title cunned from the word ó ba meaning (shinning or white) the benins call white clothing ba(white) so oba means its whitnen or shinning.... The oba became his title and represented him as a king and ogie remained royalty
As he conqured territories the word oba spreaded to yoruba nations and they adopted it for the word royalty and the thier various title along.
So you can simply say as collectively all yoruba obas are in a meeting but the ooni of ife is not among.
And u can say all ogies are having meeting but the oba of benin is not around ...so one is a title the other collective noun..according to the report in the early 90s no yorubas monarch use the word oba nor even had a crown on thier head or beeds on thier neck except the oba of benin

Now you see benin own both the izoduwa and the word oba if you still doubt these then other tribe who reads this will definately see the truth in it

lol u and davidnaze I don’t know who is my ridiculous. Ogiso means royal from the sky if I e-slap u. The community oduduwa met had people like obalufon and co so it predates oduduwa arrival to ife. Ogie means king in ur language. Let me break this down to u o means he like in Yoruba u say o ti lo si Igbo means he has gone to the bush. Ba means rule that’s why there is baale ruler of a small community ale(alee) and ile (ilee)same thing means land. Some will ask tani baale ilu yi (who is the ruler of this community) while the husband of the house is ba ile that’s how it’s pronounced means the ruler of the house. Now Yoruba is a tonal language ile means both house and land depending on how u pronounce it if u are an historian u should have know the influence of the word ba in Yoruba u even say word in Yoruba like mo ju iba yin oo oba wa (i bow to u our king) oba is oba Lori nhgnogbo (ruler over everything) and oduduwa is more revered than the other monarch same way people like sango, Ogun and oranmiyan are more revered coz they did something special when they were alive. And I googled meaning of ogiso from different source it came up thesame sky king. In fact u are the first revisionist to say it means royalty from the sky.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 9:01pm On May 13, 2018
gregyboy:

so between its whitening or shining that Benin oba means or the Yoruba own the ruler over everything which one make more sense for a king

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 8:56am On May 14, 2018
Moneywomen17:
so between its whitening or shining that Benin oba means or the Yoruba own the ruler over everything which one make more sense for a king

Benin own makes more sense i gave u biography of the origin of the name...but u havnt given urs

I tekk you names special like that don't just pop up from the mouth it began with something
Names liie paharoah,queen,king they all have origin why how the world was cunned
But you havnt told me urs....

And again orimiyan never ment his father he was trained by chiefs this brought about y pribce dont get to see thier father even till death...but it has been changed now just imagine how long this tradition was practised.... So i dont know how orimiyan wispered in a little boy of 3months old that oba would be your title....
And even if he did tell the chiefs to put him as an oba not ogiso then why did orimiyan himself didnt install himself as an oba where he went to
It was believe when he left he went to establish oyo ...he took upon himself alafin not oba so you see the word oba was cunned by a benin prince eweka just like the rest oduduwa linage took coined thier own title ....and i will say again the word oba spread to Yoruba nation due to conquest by benins before precolonial times yoruba kings bear thier respective title with no oba attached to it ...just like when the french named Dahomey after benin does that mean dahomey was originally benin. Think?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 9:19am On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

Benin own makes more sense i gave u biography of the origin of the name...but u havnt given urs

I tekk you names special like that don't just pop up from the mouth it began with something
Names liie paharoah,queen,king they all have origin why how the world was cunned

And again orimiyan never ment his father he was trained by chiefs this brought about y pribce dont get to see thier father even till death...but it has been changed now just imagine how long this tradition was practised.... So i dont know how orimiyan wispered in a little boy of 3months old that oba would be your title....
And even if he did tell the chiefs to put him as an oba not ogiso then why did orimiyan himself didnt install himself as an oba where he went to
It was believe when he left he went to establish oyo ...he took upon himself alafin not oba so you see the word oba was cunned by a benin prince eweka just like the rest oduduwa linage took coined thier own title ....and i will say again the word oba spread to Yoruba nation due to conquest by benins before precolonial times yoruba kings bear thier respective title with no oba attached to it ...just like when the french named Dahomey after benin does that mean dahomey was originally benin. Think?

The root of it is at your foreign title...Omo N'Oba. Not Oba...but a descent from an Oba lineage. That which was issued forth from an Oba.

You had Ogiso. Omo is not your vocabulary in Edo. So how did Omo N'Oba become your ruler?

What you should have had is Ovie 'Giso....the child of Ogiso as rulers.

What is foreign vocab doing in your monarchy lineage if he wasnt a foreigner?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2018
Moneywomen17:
lol u and davidnaze I don’t know who is my ridiculous. Ogiso means royal from the sky if I e-slap u. The community oduduwa met had people like obalufon and co so it predates oduduwa arrival to ife. Ogie means king in ur language. Let me break this down to u o means he like in Yoruba u say o ti lo si Igbo means he has gone to the bush. Ba means rule that’s why there is baale ruler of a small community ale(alee) and ile (ilee)same thing means land. Some will ask tani baale ilu yi (who is the ruler of this community) while the husband of the house is ba ile that’s how it’s pronounced means the ruler of the house. Now Yoruba is a tonal language ile means both house and land depending on how u pronounce it if u are an historian u should have know the influence of the word ba in Yoruba u even say word in Yoruba like mo ju iba yin oo oba wa (i bow to u our king) oba is oba Lori nhgnogbo (ruler over everything) and oduduwa is more revered than the other monarch same way people like sango, Ogun and oranmiyan are more revered coz they did something special when they were alive. And I googled meaning of ogiso from different source it came up thesame sky king. In fact u are the first revisionist to say it means royalty from the sky.

You have just said the truth but u don't want to admit it because you prefer the lies
Yoruba are lost .its annoying a kingdom like benin with well documented fact hisory still argues a primitive people like oyo our art bronze aint just art but document of history before i start
Reigning insult on the empire lemme show why i will never take you guys serious....

Oduduwa history say he was the first settler in ife came with his people from mecca or sky and establish ile ife ...now you claim otherwise the benin says he ment a ruler at ife while he went to ife you discarded it becuae of pride ...now you are same person who is admitting there was a ruler before oduduwa ...
Question

1) obalufon was is it a title or the person name
2) if it was title why was it changed
3) if it was a name of the ruler why did yoruba adopt it as a title for kings
4) obama wa given by a kenyan man does that mean it originated from nigeria
5) edo is used by japan does that mean is from benin
6) olu also means leader why did yoruba not adopt it for a title
To this analogy oba olu fon it comprises of three names oba king olu king fon which i know nothing of so if they were two words indicating kings why did yoruba pick oba instead of olu this showed the never made use of the world till 19century .and obalufun was probalbly someones name not a title he he was the ooni of ife with his name obalufon thirdly this could obalufun was probably was formed ro counter benins ...if the old folktale says oduduwa was the first settler then obalufon was fake it originated to counter benins ....i could also there was obaghodo and take it up with no prove to it then just mere writup on net ...ours had prove on his origin prove that lasted uptill the 19c which proves that its only the benis dat bore the name oba most of all youruba works artefact were discovered less than 70yrs ago even the ife head even motemi statue was recently constructed even the oduduwa festival are all recent this to show your history is recent unlike the edos that documented everything on art....obalufon whatever you call his its fake argue with ur yoruba people how odudwa originated first
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 1:44pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

You have just said the truth but u don't want to admit it because you prefer the lies
Yoruba are lost .its annoying a kingdom like benin with well documented fact hisory still argues a primitive people like oyo our art bronze aint just art but document of history before i start
Reigning insult on the empire lemme show why i will never take you guys serious....

Oduduwa history say he was the first settler in ife came with his people from mecca or sky and establish ile ife ...now you claim otherwise the benin says he ment a ruler at ife while he went to ife you discarded it becuae of pride ...now you are same person who is admitting there was a ruler before oduduwa ...
Question

To this analogy oba olu fon it comprises of three names oba king olu king fon which i know nothing of so if they were two words indicating kings why did yoruba pick oba instead of olu this showed the never made use of the world till 19century .and obalufun was probalbly someones name not a title he he was the ooni of ife with his name obalufon thirdly this could obalufun was probably was formed ro counter benins ...if the old folktale says oduduwa was the first settler then obalufon was fake it originated to counter benins ....i could also there was obaghodo and take it up with no prove to it then just mere writup on net ...ours had prove on his origin prove that lasted uptill the 19c which proves that its only the benis dat bore the name oba most of all youruba works artefact were discovered less than 70yrs ago even the ife head even motemi statue was recently constructed even the oduduwa festival are all recent this to show your history is recent unlike the edos that documented everything on art....obalufon whatever you call his its fake argue with ur yoruba people how odudwa originated first

my guy show me where u read it anywhere that olu means king who told u that. Olu means lord. Again u do this all the time write up nosebse that have been explained to u over and over again. How many times will I lecture u that oduduwa falling from the sky is a myth after his death he was deify like so many other in Yoruba history. And also the Mecca story is a recent made up one by Yoruba Muslim to connect oduduwa to their religion not fact. Oduduwa met people some ruler in ife and when he was crowned king made those king he met some sort of ruler under him something like a chief. And one of such ruler under him is the Obalufe http://thehopenewspapers.com/2016/03/adediwura-emerges-new-obalufe-of-ile-ife/. The artifact that was taken from ife I hope u know they did a carbon dating on it that shows it’s ancient not some 70 years old like u will like us to believe. U said I discarded that oduduwa met people in ife please show me anywhere that I said that u fucking liar u know u are really annoying the way u lie like other people aren’t viewing this thread except u.

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 2:06pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

u gave me ur imagination origination of the word. I have showed u how the word (ba) is very much used in the Yoruba lexicon even separate from king. But u ignore it. Ur king title is the shining white or whatever u call it but what’s ur word for king in particular and the truth is it’s ogie u can try to deny it all u want. No Yoruba king till today use oba as title so there is no recent adoption they still go by ooni alafin as their title but our particular word for king is oba seperate from whatever title the chose for themselves when the become king. Get that into ur thick skull. Oba word for king is different from the thousands of title so many Yoruba oba bears.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 2:13pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

Question

look am really tired of going back and forth with u if u have any intelligent or logical argument to post I will reply to but if it’s the same he fell from the sky bla bla that I have time and time again tell u it’s a myth or deliberately lying that olu means king and other annoying thing u do I won’t bother replying to u and that means am done in this thread too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by scholes0(m): 3:30pm On May 14, 2018
Please who brought the Benins into a discussion thread about meeting between the Ooni and the Olu?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 3:32pm On May 14, 2018
Moneywomen17:
u gave me ur imagination origination of the word. I have showed u how the word (ba) is very much used in the Yoruba lexicon even separate from king. But u ignore it. Ur king title is the shining white or whatever u call it but what’s ur word for king in particular and the truth is it’s ogie u can try to deny it all u want. No Yoruba king till today use oba as title so there is no recent adoption they still go by ooni alafin as their title but our particular word for king is oba seperate from whatever title the chose for themselves when the become king. Get that into ur thick skull. Oba word for king is different from the thousands of title so many Yoruba oba bears.

If we wanna talk use the yoruba dont use the word oba compare to edo state particularly benin just forget useage we have the words in our names in our social activities ,in our parable everything
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 3:40pm On May 14, 2018
Moneywomen17:

I laff mouth piece of the yorubas ....guilty conscience ....two title for king u must be silly to lie that kind lie to my face oba(title) ooni(title) just like d way u have said ogie means royalty in benin then thier respective title follow just like u have said ..but i could also say oba is general to all kings under benin territories then thier respective tittle follows ..if not oba is respected in benin most monarchs will take up upon themselves to bear d name oba and what would you say to that ... nobody will ever take yoruba history serious they were all formed in d 19c when olokun head and oduduwa heads were found in ife they quickly beg the british to take it so thier art can go where Benin art as gone ...

Obalufun or obatanla are propanganda me nd you know it ....oba is alien to yoruba ...justify if
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Olu317(m): 3:48pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

If we wanna talk use the yoruba dont use the word oba compare to edo state particularly benin just forget useage we have the words in our names in our social activities ,in our parable everything
Funny enough, I thought the only set of people that bear names thats is related to kingly lineage, uses “Oba" as a prefix or suffix to their names. Least I forget, Bini history,acknowledged a lot slaves that rose up to the position of Iyatse. This showed there were many people who may not even be of Edo ancestry ,from historical account. We really want to know if there are people who are of Ogiemien descendants that bore or bear “Oba" as prefix or suffix, to their names,in the ancient times or present day ?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2018
Olu317:
Funny enough, I thought the only set of people that bear names related to kingly lineage, uses Oba as a prefix or suffix to their names. Least I forget, Bini history,acknowledged a lot slaves that rose up to the position of Iyatse. This showed there were many people who may not even be of Edo ancestry ,from historical account. We really want to know if there are people who are of Ogiemien descendants that bore or bear “Oba" as prefix or suffix, to their names,in the ancient times or present day ?

Silly question.....if an ogiemen linage decides to give his son obasohan woukd you stoo him or do u want me to tell you a lie that i know ...if wanna use ogiemen for your point dont forget oba gave other territories under it different title like olu of waari,obi of onitsha etc this is to show oba for himself collectively they all obas to thier respective zones...this is simple english
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 4:12pm On May 14, 2018
[quote author=Moneywomen17 post=67551908]my guy show me where u read it anywhere that olu means king who told u that. Olu means lord. Again u do this all the time write up nosebse that have been explained to u over and over again. How many times will I lecture u that oduduwa falling from the sky is a myth after his death he was deify like so many other in Yoruba history. And also the Mecca story is a recent made up one by Yoruba Muslim to connect oduduwa to their religion not fact. Oduduwa met people some ruler in ife and when he was crowned king made those king he met some sort of ruler under him something like a chief. And one of such ruler under him is the Obalufe http://thehopenewspapers.com/2016/03/adediwura-emerges-new-obalufe-of-ile-ife/. The artifact that was taken from ife I hope u know they did a carbon dating on it that shows it’s ancient not some 70 years old like u will like us to believe. U said I discarded that oduduwa met people in ife please show me anywhere that I said that u fucking liar u know u are really annoying the way u lie like other people aren’t viewing this thread except u. [/qfirst

Just answer those six question

All those link u brought are recently written there is a link i will also show which say edo had obagodo or ogiso ...those it prove anything both the obalufe nd obaghodo were recently written i would he be oromiyan ruled maybe benin would have said he brought the name to ife nd again Yoruba nevered conqured any edo town but edo did so through conquering names ,food culture are transfered just like the way british made us speak english so 100℅ logically sure thats how oba got to yoruba just like d way benin got to dahomey and they don't lie about it

If wanna still argue am here for you but first answer those 6 question first

So two history if Yoruba to you is false thankgod one yoruba has admitted it out of many but how am i sure the third youre bring aint going to be well packaged lie
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 4:13pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

I laff mouth piece of the yorubas ....guilty conscience ....two title for king u must be silly to lie that kind lie to my face oba(title) ooni(title) just like d way u have said ogie means royalty in benin then thier respective title follow just like u have said ..but i could also say oba is general to all kings under benin territories then thier respective tittle follows ..if not oba is respected in benin most monarchs will take up upon themselves to bear d name oba and what would you say to that ... nobody will ever take yoruba history serious they were all formed in d 19c when olokun head and oduduwa heads were found in ife they quickly beg the british to take it so thier art can go where Benin art as gone ...

Obalufun or obatanla are propanganda me nd you know it ....oba is alien to yoruba ...justify if
my guy do u read at all where did I say oba is title in Yoruba I said it’s yoruba word for king why things like ooni and alafin are just their title. Read well below and stop acting like someone without eyes. I never said Ogie mean royalty u said that. Everybody know Ogie is Benin word for king. There is nothing to justify edo word for king Ogie and Yoruba word for king oba

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 4:17pm On May 14, 2018
[quote author=gregyboy post=67556441][/quote]list the six question
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 4:19pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

yoruba have oba in everything u listed up there.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 4:22pm On May 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

The root of it is at your foreign title...Omo N'Oba. Not Oba...but a descent from an Oba lineage. That which was issued forth from an Oba.

You had Ogiso. Omo is not your vocabulary in Edo. So how did Omo N'Oba become your ruler?

What you should have had is Ovie 'Giso....the child of Ogiso as rulers.

What is foreign vocab doing in your monarchy lineage if he wasnt a foreigner?

Are u aware we conquered yoruba territories
So who are u going to say borrowed the name
Ure speaking english does dat means it belongs to you...one day u gonna tell me every wod in benin is yoruba
Our language is well structured some wods hve two names like ass in benin is called onisan ,ikebe
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 4:24pm On May 14, 2018
scholes0:
Please who brought the Benins into a discussion thread about meeting between the Ooni and the Olu?

I told them earlier on to leave the rebellious spirit outside and make sure they knock before they enter here. These are not Benins, these are Edos...Omo Isobo. grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 4:25pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

Ure speaking english does dat means it belongs to you...one day u gonna tell me every wod in benin is yoruba
Our language is well structured some wods hve two names like ass in benin is called onisan ,ikebe

Where did you conquer Yoruba territory? Which Yoruba territory did you conquer?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 4:32pm On May 14, 2018
Moneywomen17:
my guy do u read at all where did I say oba is title in Yoruba I said it’s yoruba word for king why things like ooni and alafin are just their title. Read well below and stop acting like someone without eyes. I never said Ogie mean royalty u said that. Everybody know Ogie is Benin word for king. There is nothing to justify edo word for king Ogie and Yoruba word for king oba

Then if oba is yoruba word for king and ooni have thier respectve title if you can accept this why not accept ogie means royalty and oba means tittle
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 4:33pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

my guy answer this question why was it that before u had any contact with ife u use ogiso(sky king) but the moment an ife prince came to ur town coincidentally u started using oba. Out of all edoid language etsako people use Ogie as king uhrobo use Ovie even itsekiri that has a Benin ruler also use ogiame which apparently means king of the water so why does edo use oba to refer to king

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 4:35pm On May 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Where did you conquer Yoruba territory? Which Yoruba territory did you conquer?

Ooh i cry u dont know ur history am done with you bring another yoruba arguer who admit this u have already admitted two oduduwa history is false thats ok

My six question are in my quote check them and answer it apart from dat am not answering u anymore since u dont know benin conqured yorubas
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

Then if oba is yoruba word for king and ooni have thier respectve title if you can accept this why not accept ogie means royalty and oba means tittle
lol so oba means title we are getting somewhere and Ogie means king. I never disputed that ur king title is oba omo n oba n edo. What am telling u is the word means king in Yoruba and till today no king in Yoruba land use it as title not one. Let’s seperate title for word oba
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 4:37pm On May 14, 2018
Moneywomen17:
my guy answer this question why was it that before u had any contact with ife u use ogiso(sky king) but the moment an ife prince came to ur town coincidentally u started using oba. Out of all edoid language etsako people use Ogie as king uhrobo use Ovie even itsekiri that has a Benin ruler also use ogiame which apparently means king of the water so why does edo use oba to refer to king

Go through my quote i have answerd dat
And why is till 19c yoruba adopted d name oba for thier king
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Moneywomen17(m): 4:38pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

Go through my quote i have answerd dat
And why is till 19c yoruba adopted d name oba for thier king
i see that now and I keep telling u there is no adoption are u daft. Name one king in Yoruba land that use oba as his title instead of his normal title before this (19c) adoption. Just one
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 4:51pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

Ooh i cry u dont know ur history am done with you bring another yoruba arguer who admit this u have already admitted two oduduwa history is false thats ok

My six question are in my quote check them and answer it apart from dat am not answering u anymore since u dont know benin conqured yorubas

You proposed the claim. I am responding to you to clarify your claims, if you are truthful.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by Olu317(m): 5:25pm On May 14, 2018
gregyboy:

Silly question.....if an ogiemen linage decides to give his son obasohan woukd you stoo him or do u want me to tell you a lie that i know ...if wanna use ogiemen for your point dont forget oba gave other territories under it different title like olu of waari,obi of onitsha etc this is to show oba for himself collectively they all obas to thier respective zones...this is simple english
I can see.....You see Ogiamen naturally detests Oba Bini and forceful take over of their territory...Little do you know that Bini has lineages with peculiar names associated with them. grin
gregyboy:

I can see.....You see Ogiamen naturally detests Oba Bini and forceful take over of their territory...Little do you know that Bini has lineages with peculiar names associated with them.

Obi of Onitsha indeed! Did I read you claim Olu? Do you even know what Olu mean? Is it a Bini word?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by BabaRamota1980: 5:44pm On May 14, 2018
This gregyboy has beat around the bush and regurgitated the hoax that his elders passed down.

Im waiting to get a list of Yoruba territories defeated by Benin.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri by gregyboy(m): 7:55pm On May 14, 2018
Moneywomen17:
i see that now and I keep telling u there is no adoption are u daft. Name one king in Yoruba land that use oba as his title instead of his normal title before this (19c) adoption. Just one

Ok now u have admitted another lie...we getting somwhere...

So if oba want used by ur kings in 19c why d knew adoption along with thier title like ooni of ife oba ogunwansi akanbi is that not tautology like saying king of ife oba(king) ogunwansi akanbi blablabla... It doesnt rhythm... This simply wanting pple to know the name belongs to u falsefully out of desperation you started putting it as an introductory background for all your king
It simply oba(king) of benin not the former..when all royalty are at a meeting u simply say all ogies are in a meeting not all obas ogie means royalty

Nothing u say can ever convince me ...obalufon is a lie he never existed same with obatanla if they did then obaghodo existed too...

Oba is a benin world a king from benim took it upon itself without contact from his father then you yorubas who were primitive savaged unorginised people come to tell benins who had a well documented history his story's

Am always here when yorubas have issue and they start spilling the truth ijebu has alredy stated that dey came from sudan thats beging of division

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nsibiri: The Pre-colonial Writing Of The South Eastern People / Lady Slumped On Seeing Emir Sunusi (Photos) / Mrs Dike An Igbo Citizen To Become The First Female OBA In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.