Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos (37159 Views)

YouTube Suspends TB Joshua’s Emmanuel TV Over 'Hate Speech'. The Prophet Reacts / Shiloh 2019: Oyedepo Slams Buhari’s Govt Over "Hate Speech" Bill / Oyedepo Replies Presidency, Says ‘dead Buhari Statement Not Hate Speech’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 07, 2018
The Christian body must condemn the arrest of this pastor by all means.

Have you ever heard of an ordinary imam being arrested?

Today it's this man of God, tomorrow it might be yours, next it might be mine. Soon it becomes a norm.

Before you know it, while worshipping, the police walks in to tell you to lower your voices.

Forget the hate speech nonsense the police are using. We all know for a fact that there is no other police in the world that is as corrupt as the Nigerian police.

We must condemn this. Strongly.

An imam can never be arrested like this. The Muslim body in Nigeria has given many warnings, hate speeches and threats on different occasions. What happened? Who got arrested?
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by Reference(m): 9:07pm On May 07, 2018
Malcolm101:

Today it's this man of God, tomorrow it might be yours, next it might be mine. Soon it becomes a norm.

Before you know it, while worshipping, the police walks in to tell you to lower your voices.

Forget the hate speech nonsense the police are using. We all know for a fact that there is no other police in the world that is as corrupt as the Nigerian police.

An imam can never be arrested like this. The Muslim body in Nigeria has given many warnings, hate speeches and threats on different occasions. What happened? Who got arrested?

Hmmm...what do you call Sheikh El Zak...and his followers... slippery slope. Next are outspoken pastors of mega assemblies.... and a certain Bishop who doesn't like thus government one bit.
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by blazhykowskyi(m): 9:08pm On May 07, 2018
Hanseel1:

Why is Muric leader -Prof Akintola still walking free?

Tell me what he has said against other religions.
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by tiredoflife(m): 9:08pm On May 07, 2018
Amarabae:
Why should he be criticising Catholics?
Some of these Pentecostals and their methods.
I thought the Bible said judge not.
This is indeed a hate speech.
religious fanatics everywhere.
Nonsense.
That's why I am still proud to be a Methodist.
All these new age ministries don't move me.
God is everywhere
Jesus prayed that the church will be one, but some fanatics want to cause division in the body of Christ.

of cause na hate speech but when u Catholics call us names like yahoo yahoo pastor
new generation church
fake miracles
its not hate speech
once we talk about ur dogmas
its hate speech

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by tiredoflife(m): 9:10pm On May 07, 2018
Malcolm101:

no they shouldn't
Catholics are rejoicing already
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by brojoshua: 9:14pm On May 07, 2018
I don't really get that message but truly catholic church is a synagogue of Satan, sat upon by a beast. And the people of the government of the world, which is also the government of Satan, will also persecute anyone who tell the truth about them, for both the false church and the government of the world are one and of Satan.
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by kokan: 9:15pm On May 07, 2018
asawanathegreat:
They are trying to silent our voices but it won't work.
What do you want to say about Catholic? What do you know about Bible? If is about what people says Catholic won't have been in existence again. But say Whatever my CATHOLIC is still STANDING TALL. because my GOD is still standing FIRM

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by naijacentric(m): 9:16pm On May 07, 2018
6660M0666:
This is pure religious politics and nothing else.

Some of the people he wanted to speak against were shrewd enough to intercept him, that's all.

'Cause if it were just a matter of degrading the religious practices of others, all the Pastors desecrating Shrines, all the Imams that fervently wind up their members against other religions and all the Prophets that surreptitiously but unequivocally denigrate the OTHER religion would have also been nabbed.

And the one that Daddy Freeze has been doing is what??
how do dey relate is it d same?
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by Estella27: 9:19pm On May 07, 2018
people I need some advice. I became born again 3 years ago ever since my life has changed drastically for better. From not beliving in God to worshiping Him with all my soul. 
I attend a church which forces me to belief things that are not been laid in my heart. They don't seek for me to understand but to impose it on me. Right now I am very grateful for what God has done for me and open my eyes and set me free from bondage. 
I was told that I am a sinner because I wear pin earning and do my hair. I was brought up with string moral values and I have always dressed modesty and decent wherever I go. But the fact that the church that I am attending says I am a sinner makes me believe that maybe that's not my church. I dont want to do something because of people I am not serving them I didn't become born again and started beliving in God because of men. If i am to change something I want to do it because of God not men. So what will you advice me? Thanks and God bless
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by kokan: 9:20pm On May 07, 2018
brojoshua:
I don't really get that message but truly catholic church is a synagogue of Satan, sat upon by a beast. And the people of the government of the world, which is also the government of Satan, will also persecute anyone who tell the truth about them, for both the false church and the government of the world are one and of Satan.
.. You are God now that knows the Evil and the righteous? You will even push GOD aside when you get to heaven and do the judgment. Tell me if your church has no procedures they follow? Which Catholics refers to has doctrine. Spare me you hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by DaHrNn(m): 9:27pm On May 07, 2018
Hanseel1:

Democracy started in USA,,,,we all copied our constitutions from USA..

people say things worse than this everyday in America.. how many have been arrested for hate speech??

You're are just an unliberated political bigot.

The most dumb statement of 2018... Receive senses in Jesus Name.... Can someone help me say amen to this guy's senselessness?
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by asawanathegreat(m): 9:28pm On May 07, 2018
kokan:
What do you want to say about Catholic? What do you know about Bible? If is about what people says Catholic won't have been in existence again. But say Whatever my CATHOLIC is still STANDING TALL. because my GOD is still standing FIRM
God will help us
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by brojoshua: 9:38pm On May 07, 2018
And the corrupt government will not prosecute and imprison any of the corrupt politicians who looted Nigeria's money and also any of the big false prophets and pastors who scammed the people spiritually and religiously and also shared looted money with corrupt politicians to become wealthy but will be running after one small insect who may be saying things that are hurtful to them. A corrupt country is an accursed country. It is all these corrupt and false pastors in particular that supposed to be arrested and to take all their ill-gotten wealth away, which they accumulated by spiritual and religious brainwashing and scamming, by collecting money from those who stole public and private money. Nigeria is a country in perpetual corruption, injustice and darkness, which leaves all the real criminals untouched but are harassing some small insects somewhere because those small insects are not worshipping their gods and the corrupt people they are celebrating, but they can't touch any of the big but corrupt elephants, hippopotamuses, etc.
And all the corrupt politicians are just walking through their courts and trample it under foot and go free by just bringing the corrupt judges, judiciary, etc.
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by Thescienceprof(m): 9:38pm On May 07, 2018
Hanseel1:

Nigeria is a democracy.
Freedom of speech is entrenched in our constitution.

The same constitution says the exercise of your fundamental rights must not be repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience.
It is called Rule of Law bro.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by kmaster007: 9:39pm On May 07, 2018
pastors sha...
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by themanderon: 9:39pm On May 07, 2018
I have a very bad feeling about this hate speech shenanigans. Its a ploy by this evil government to silence people and prevent them from saying the obvious truth. They know they have failed in every ramifications so they just have to prevent people from saying it. If anyone should be tried for hate speech it should start with the grandpa at the rock cos he is the author of hate and destructive speech.
The dangers is that the government will now start applying it loosely meaning many will end up behind bars. There is fire on the mountain oh!!! This pastor may just be an experimental lab rat in the actual scheming going on behind the scene.
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:52pm On May 07, 2018
Hanseel1:

Nigeria is a democracy.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom to insult and incite; go to Germany (a democratic country) and insult the Jewish religion or deny the existence of the holocaust; then wait for what they'll do to you.
No freedom is absolute - there is always a limit to your freedom.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by jinxet2000: 9:54pm On May 07, 2018
This is manipulation that will lead to many arrests. If you accept this, then you are in for multiple arrest of Christian pastors.
This is democracy and everyone is entitled to his voice. Not because they are good words but because that is what democracy is all about.
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by TMemos: 9:55pm On May 07, 2018
Hanseel1:

people say things worse than this everyday in America.. how many have been arrested for hate speech??

No. Democracy DID NOT start in the USA.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by ridbell01(m): 10:12pm On May 07, 2018
Hanseel1:
This is funny ..I'm sure the pastor doesn't pay dues or he has some problems with the authorities... APC just want to scapegoat him whilst they're the founders of hate speech..
well I hope my instincts aren't right
you need brain flash/unlock

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by rickyrex(m): 10:13pm On May 07, 2018
6660M0666:
This is pure religious politics and nothing else.

Some of the people he wanted to speak against were shrewd enough to intercept him, that's all.

'Cause if it were just a matter of degrading the religious practices of others, all the Pastors desecrating Shrines, all the Imams that fervently wind up their members against other religions and all the Prophets that surreptitiously but unequivocally denigrate the OTHER religion would have also been nabbed.

And the one that Daddy Freeze has been doing is what??
after all the grammar wet I enjoyed from you, you con end am with question wey no tally. Freezy mention your church name or your pastor name. Freezy opinion has people who still debate on it. And moreso him use Bible as referent. But this pastor was one sided and with the power and influence wey Catholic get. I swear vif them face that pastor even IG of police to go grant am bail. People will not mind their business

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by DEcclesia(m): 10:18pm On May 07, 2018
you guys should let him carry out his program... at last we will know who is who
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by AntiWailer: 10:19pm On May 07, 2018
Hanseel1:

Nigeria is a democracy.

Freedom after speech is not there. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by ogunsj: 10:25pm On May 07, 2018
Hanseel1:

Nigeria is a democracy.
my friend, where your right ends is where another person's own begins. there's no absolute freedom anywhere. be guided.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by rickyrex(m): 10:27pm On May 07, 2018
Reading some people's comments here I see the blood of that pastor flowing in them. If any church should stand to critize Catholic not even mountain of fire. So he spent his years in apostolic ministry studying the life style of Catholic. Chaii
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by ogunsj: 10:55pm On May 07, 2018
Hanseel1:

lazy youth, what does it take to read about what you don't know. democracy started in USA ko, democracy stated in India ni. ode
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by Amarabae(f): 10:57pm On May 07, 2018
rickyrex:
Reading some people's comments here I see the blood of that pastor flowing in them. If any church should stand to critize Catholic . So he spent his years in apostolic ministry studying the life style of Catholic. Chaii
God bless you.
Dont mind them.
Why can't the pastor mind his business and Leave catholic alone,
What he committed is institutional defamation .
The same bible they are quoting said judge not.
Lets remove religious sentimentality when vividly analysing a situation

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by So101: 11:08pm On May 07, 2018
Hanseel1:

Nigeria is a democracy.
so we should pitch one against another just because we can talk. Use sense small na

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 07, 2018
ogunsj:
lazy youth, what does it take to read about what you don't know. democracy started in USA ko, democracy stated in India ni. ode

undecided

you saw where I said democracy can be traced to ancient Greece right?? undecided

all these secondary school kids sef..
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by Therealev: 11:14pm On May 07, 2018
Daviddson:
Of course, but that doesn't gives anyone the liberty to make libelous statements against somebody. Or to verbally threaten another person. In case you didn't know, in law, a threat alone is seen as being equal to an actual commission of a crime.

I am sitting on the fence on this one. But I do not see a Threat. The Topic was Beware, MURIC threatening to invade NASS if they do not stop the impeachment process on MBuhari is a threat, it's MURIC threatening the NBA for not allowing their Hijab Wearing Sister a call to Bar, but I do not see any MURIC member being nabbed for inciting violence or hate speech. I am not even religious to start with. It's Apparent Politics.
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by Shaev7(m): 11:22pm On May 07, 2018
Later he will say Holy Spirit ministered to him. Somebody just dey go put himself for trouble. Now the Holy Spirit ended up exposing him. Why will someone wake up and decide to just say rubbish? I respect what other people believe in even if its Babalawo, but don't disturb anyone. People just end up in the hands of this pastors just because of quick miracles and lack of knowledge. Christians in here should go and study the words of Jesus properly.
Re: Pastor Chris Mordi Arrested For Propagating Hate Speech In Lagos by SirBunky85(m): 12:27am On May 08, 2018
Daviddson:
Yes, your instincts aren't right. If you'd taken time to read without being blinded by politics and hate, you'll have seen that it was not a political comment the pastor made.
dont mind dat bitter soul dat is blinded by his hatred against apc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Lady Who Sowed Husband's Car As Seed In The Church / Apostle Omotosho Tope Joseph 74 Prophecies For 2019 / Abel Damina Warns Against Seed Sowing: God Doesn't Multiply Money, Hardwork Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.