Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men (58705 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / A Man Got Married To Two Women In Obudu Cross River State / Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by CaptainGOOD: 8:22am On May 08, 2018
abdelrahman:
The bigot Igbo Christians now!

As usual an aboki man dont know the boundaries of Nigeria.. This is so shameful that u guys are still 50yrs backward.
So calabar is now igbo
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by beylinko(m): 8:31am On May 08, 2018
TheCabal:

Why wont your expectations be upside down; when your sent to school and you gulp down bottles of codeine before you get to class. undecided

Only your God's know what evil you have promoted and perpetrated with this and other bias , the devil has afflicted you with.
I know your type so I won't join words with you.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Skmoda360(m): 8:34am On May 08, 2018
decatalyst:

Practice that has been preserved by some set of demented fools undecided
21 century toriolorun!!!...
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by lolly2pops: 8:47am On May 08, 2018
Im disgusted for years! But what makes me more 'naar' is seeing nigerians doing nothing and even acting suprised at the happenings there. If you guys unite, you can make it hard for Bu... to govern. That land has no value for human life and nobody cares. People only vent their anger on nairaland and forget about it as soon as they logout. Oh God, can you rememebr Africa already
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by utytill(m): 8:58am On May 08, 2018
Ayade,duke,ndoma egba,Florence it's giwa,imoke are making noise whereas slavery is going on under their nose and watch.funny house of assembly doing nothing than to pad budget.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nobody: 9:04am On May 08, 2018
utytill:
Ayade,duke,ndoma egba,Florence it's giwa,imoke are making noise whereas slavery is going on under their nose and watch.funny house of assembly doing nothing than to pad budget.

Don't call duke, Florence and imoke der may not know about it. But Ayades village is not far from that place highest 30 minutes.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by mywells: 9:32am On May 08, 2018
The Nigeria yoots
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by utytill(m): 9:40am On May 08, 2018
ndy87:

Don't call duke, Florence and imoke der may not know about it. But Ayades village is not far from that place highest 30 minutes.
bros how I fit contact ayade,I dey vex
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nobody: 10:11am On May 08, 2018
utytill:
bros how I fit contact ayade,I dey vex

I no be guy o! grin go to fb you will see him der.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by utytill(m): 10:16am On May 08, 2018
ndy87:

I no be guy o! grin go to fb you will see him der.
noted.a plate of afia efere ebot with pounded yam for u anytime I enter calabar.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nobody: 10:25am On May 08, 2018
utytill:
noted.a plate of afia efere ebot with pounded yam for u anytime I enter calabar.

Ooops! wink
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by utytill(m): 10:41am On May 08, 2018
[quote author=ndy87 post=67378079]
Ooops! wink[/quote noted, sorry
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nobody: 10:46am On May 08, 2018
CaptainGOOD:

As usual an aboki man dont know the boundaries of Nigeria.. This is so shameful that u guys are still 50yrs backward.
So calabar is now igbo
and when did I told you I'm a northerner?
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nobody: 10:48am On May 08, 2018
[quote author=utytill post=67378540][/quote]

Don't make me laugh abeg.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by delishpot: 10:51am On May 08, 2018
Abagworo:
It's their culture and shouldn't be interfered with. If Whitemen say man can marry man or man can marry animal, what makes their ideas better than that of our forefathers?

How can you say a grown ass man who personally decides to be sexually attracted to his fellow man (Mind you he can decide to leave the relationship or even change his sexual orientation when and however he decides) is the same or worse than a girl child being sold as a slave to a man who becomes her owner? Is it okay to you because a Female is at the receiving end?
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Emmahunk(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2018
What possible laws can lawmakers from this area make for the Nation without first doing something positive to eradicate this sickening and nauseating tradition in the land of their birth?
God forbid!
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Habibatuley23: 11:26am On May 08, 2018
ISLAM IS SIMPLY JUST BEAUTIFUL.

1 Like

Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nowenuse: 11:41am On May 08, 2018
osusuallstars:
hmmm 8 hours drive from calabar to the remote village. that means from Aba to lagos. that means cross river is the largest state in Nigeria

Cross River is not the largest state. It is just very 'long'. The length of the state is many times more than the breadth. So, travelling along the state takes so much time.

Besides some of these communities are very very interior and have poor road networks. This makes access by road very difficult and time consuming.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by utytill(m): 12:00pm On May 08, 2018
ndy87:

Don't make me laugh abeg.
No wahala,I go let u know when I go enter calabar.but hmmmmm.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 08, 2018
utytill:
No wahala,I go let u know when I go enter calabar.but hmmmmm.

Hmmmmm wat?
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by adeyemi91(m): 12:48pm On May 08, 2018
Seeing the topic, I knew it'll be Cross River. D state is a backward state still living in d 70s. Mostly made up of villages.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 08, 2018
adeyemi91:
Seeing the topic, I knew it'll be Cross River. D state is a backward state still living in d 70s. Mostly made up of villages.

Wat makes the state backward
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by utytill(m): 2:34pm On May 08, 2018
ndy87:

Hmmmmm wat?
Fear d catch me oo.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 08, 2018
utytill:
Fear d catch me oo.

Fear? I no know say I be ekpo ibibio.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by utytill(m): 2:56pm On May 08, 2018
ndy87:

Fear? I no know say I be ekpo ibibio.
laffsssss .not so.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 08, 2018
utytill:
laffsssss .not so.

Then explain.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by utytill(m): 3:02pm On May 08, 2018
ndy87:

Then explain.
big sis,not here may be whatSapp.I no wan chop ban.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 08, 2018
utytill:
big sis,not here may be whatSapp.I no wan chop ban.

Lol.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by utytill(m): 3:32pm On May 08, 2018
ndy87:

Lol.
na true oo,hmmm.
Re: Money Marriage Practice In Cross River State Where Girls Are Sold To Elderly Men by adeyemi91(m): 12:02am On May 11, 2018
ndy87:

Wat makes the state backward
I know what I'm saying. That was where I served.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Dumps His 4 Kids At Agege LGA With Note 'I Can't Feed Them Cos Of Hardship' / Who Is To Blame? / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.