Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! (14420 Views)

Hurray! Nairaland Surpasses Two Million Members! / Nairaland Now Has Over 2 Million Members. / Nairaland Count Down To 2 Million Members: 281 More To Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by QTEST007(m): 7:40am On May 09, 2018
I said it, I'm not the only one

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by Jirate(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2018
shizzle1:
And another 500K inactive. Another 200k are scanners

If you know, you know cheesygrin

Who are Scanners, Are You A Scanner?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by HtwoOw: 7:42am On May 09, 2018
Don't you mean 500 thousand active / real accounts ? 1.5 belongs to Ghost and LiePob youths always creating accounts to insult and abuse

Yesterday the count was around 1,970,388 , I checked because i was going to create this thread , are you telling me 30k real people opened accounts overnight ??

daamazing:
With at least 1 million being second accounts undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by HtwoOw: 7:44am On May 09, 2018
No, you aren't i was going to create this thread, but NL got boring because of insults , favoritism and unwarranted ban, i do not spend as much time as i used to here anymore ...... so , yet, no be only you
QTEST007:
I said it, I'm not the only one
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by ghuzy01: 7:45am On May 09, 2018
All I can deduce from this thread is that there are so many haters and enemies of progress in this Nigeria. Smh...lets give the guy some accolades he has done well for himself and millions of people whose lives have been changed from countless information on this platform.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by AreaFada2: 7:47am On May 09, 2018
Congrats! But multiple accounts mean it's probably around 700,000.

Those people who brag about how they have the best and most loving hubby in the world, forming happily and successfully married woman, when they find out he has another fully-fledged family outside, they open a second or even a third account to seek advice from Nairalanders.

Those guys who claim they never use money to attract girls, when their girl suddenly announces engagement to another guy, they open another account to lament how they paid the girl's fees throughout her university studies & paid her rent.

As long as humans like to "form", hyping themselves online anyhow, multiple accounts will be the norm. cheesy grin

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by Viccur(m): 7:48am On May 09, 2018
Who is deceiving Who? You mean u'r not aware of ''different monickers same person'' syndrome. continuu oo
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by Horlami3370: 7:49am On May 09, 2018
bodejohn:

I didn't say lovers...I said followers.

Not all Sai Buhari followers love him...you can ask Aisha...

No, that's what you mean by asking if he'll not contest for election cos many politicians doesn't have up to that followers....or you expect those that doesn't like him to vote for him ?
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by engrjacuzzi: 7:51am On May 09, 2018
who was the first Nairaland member? who ever gets this deserve a special gift.
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by AustineCJ: 7:53am On May 09, 2018
Great one...but truth be told, visitors alone r more than registered members.... some really wish to register but don't know how to go about it...in any way let's pop something.
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by mrkunlex(m): 7:54am On May 09, 2018
Nairaland A Great Forum.Source For Many Website.Ready To Tackle Nairaland By Creating A Forum Site Better Than It
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by Evangkatsoulis: 7:55am On May 09, 2018
Like over 100k are bot accounts.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by Kobicove(m): 7:56am On May 09, 2018
Congratulations to the Nairaland team!
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by chronique(m): 7:59am On May 09, 2018
2 million members with over 50% of kids and nuisances populating the site. Congratulations Seun.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by mayoor2045(m): 8:03am On May 09, 2018
Congratulations to us all here, Oya let's celebrate!!!
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by Nobody: 8:03am On May 09, 2018
Factfinder1:
Most are scam account and inactive most people have over 5 accounts....like airforce1 he has multiple accounts some of which he uses to make praise comments to his childish and immature threads....some have their real accounts and another account they use in begging for money and claiming to be new....anyways congratulations Mr suen but please remove the Islamic bias and give all of us freedom of speech and expression you dont pay us to be on nairaland so allow us enjoy our total freedom

So on point. But you're preaching to the choir
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by Kobicove(m): 8:03am On May 09, 2018
AreaFada2:
Congrats! But multiple accounts mean it's probably around 700,000.

Those people who brag about how they have the best and most loving hubby in the world, forming happily and successfully married woman, when they find out he has another fully-fledged family outside, they open a second or even a third account to seek advice from Nairalanders.

Those guys who claim they never use money to attract girls, when their girl suddenly announces engagement to another guy, they open another account to lament how they paid the girl's fees throughout her university studies & paid her rent.

As long as humans like to "form", hyping themselves online anyhow, multiple accounts will be the norm. cheesy grin

Are you speaking from experience? grin
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by motherfucker: 8:05am On May 09, 2018
e no reach any 2M, i alone have as much as 20 Plus handle. angry

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by mercytripletz: 8:05am On May 09, 2018
engrjacuzzi:
who was the first Nairaland member?
who ever gets this deserve a special gift.

Seun
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by saintkeppy(m): 8:12am On May 09, 2018
The Forum is not longer what it use to be, tryin' to compare topical issues discussed by matured minds, sharin'their thoughts about those topics with many pages of good responses &what we have now which is more of postin'unnecessary Gossips about celebrities, some unclad celebrities to the front page than some good topics lyin'hopelessly in various Sections beggin'for front page attention, maybe the Mods in those days knew their jobs very well, today a topic hardly make 5pages, very few reasonable responses, more of silly comments some of which is charaterized by uncultured &ill mannered members, mostly teenage members who have access to cheap phones&data services.

I wish Seun can balance everything here so as to bring back that old vibe Nairaland was known for.
Longlive Nairaland, Africa's Largest social forum
God Bless Seun, the founder
More wisdom to you sir, as you keep on movin' this Great Forum to the next Enviable Height.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by diamond88: 8:13am On May 09, 2018
Bcbabe:
how do you mean......are implying Seun and him are the one that deactivate the account or what........................the email linked to the account is working, he requested code to change password, and succeed in changing it to a new one, but when he tried to access the site........he can't!

Your friend use a disposable email and exactly what your friend went through is the situation I found myself. I have sent direct mail to Dominique, a supermod to help resolve it since March this year. I was told to present another mail that will be use to replace my first email, which i did but since then nothing had been done. Seun is clearly aware of all the complaint and I feel this issue is a database problem.
I am currently using my cousin nl to reach out to my customers.
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by AreaFada2: 8:14am On May 09, 2018
Kobicove:

Are you speaking from experience? grin
Nope! No experience of such.

Only very few people can give any sound advice on NL. Most are single, jambites, jobless, slay queens with hardly any relevant life experience. Aside property, culture, politics zone, I come here to amuse myself with Nairalanders bad mouth. grin cheesy

Experienced ones like Jarus, Spider880 and others are very easy to know. Of late mature people have become less active on NL.

But many people do not even hide it. They begin like it "please I am a popular nairalander and I had to open a new account to post the painful situation I am going through". cheesy grin grin

I guess everyone has seen it.

If they were modest, honest people all along, why would they suddenly feel so ashamed to say it as it is?

Others say "I need advice for my friend", yada yada yada. Which friend lives ten kilometers under Olumo rock that cannot access Nairaland? cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by skales67(m): 8:19am On May 09, 2018
daamazing:
With at least 1 million being second accounts undecided

You are even saying "second"...some have third, fourth, fifth and even 10 accounts.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by iQUOTE: 8:20am On May 09, 2018
Believe me, it's not up to 2 million as you see up there. I was online through out yesterday. I saw the way the figures were sky rocketing. It was about 1,978000, how come several thousands registered in less than 24 hours? I almost created a thread for it. Believe me, some silly kids have messed up the scheme of things in here. If you doubt me, this thread or any other thread on FP should have atleast 50,000 views if we're actually 2mil people.

Some overzealous kids were busy creating multiple accounts. Here's a link to the countdown thread. So much for "2 million members."

https://www.nairaland.com/4489864/nairaland-count-down-2-million

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by engrjacuzzi: 8:22am On May 09, 2018
mercytripletz:

Seun
certainly not Seun
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by goodlife4every1(m): 8:26am On May 09, 2018
Drchristian:
Seun let's celebrate I nid money....sud I send my details?
Imagine should being spelt as sud... Even if he wanted to i will advise him not to...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by CeeKay17: 8:28am On May 09, 2018
sonsomegrigbo:

What of when both the advisors and commanders are haters LIKE YOU?
You just made a very unintelligent comment. Just sit down and analyze what you just wrote now. Try seeing if you can make any sense out of it. Good-luck while you're at it

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by daviesblaze(m): 8:28am On May 09, 2018
why the hate posts. anyways, seun, you deserve some accolades. haters can go shove it up their a$$. undecided ]:-
Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by uwajeh(m): 8:30am On May 09, 2018
Unfortunately the more members you've acquired, the more unserious and bigoted the articles and comments on the site have become.

There are so many baseless stories that make the front page it's quite ridiculous. There was always the option of following Linda Ikeji's blog or some other gossip blog if we wanted such news but to a lot of us nairaland seemed a better option cos is was so much more mature. Unfortunately that's not the case now.

As if that wasn't bad enough nairaland continues to allow ethnic and religious bigotry to thrive on the site particularly with respect to the comments. What does it cost to ban someone who has no regards for the sensibilities of others??!!!

But for the auto section and some other more informative sections and the lack of credible alternatives for now a lot of us would have left nairaland.

You guys have done a great job over the years but nairaland is fast losing its appeal for a lot of us. Please you guys really need to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by CeeKay17: 8:31am On May 09, 2018
iQUOTE:
Believe me, it's not up to 2 million as you see up there. I was online through out yesterday. I saw the way the figures were sky rocketing. It was about 1,975000, how come several thousands registered in less than 24 hours? I almost created a thread for it. Believe me, some silly kids have messed up the scheme of things in here. If you doubt me, this thread or any other thread on FP should have at least 50,000 views if we're actually 2mil people.
Of course it not 2 million people. Not even close sef. I think they mean 2 million accounts. No way Nairaland has even up to 800k members sef.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by africanusvu(m): 8:31am On May 09, 2018
Angelawhite:
Let's celebrate the largest African forum with 2 million members today! grin

Seun
Lalasticlala
.is that Seun?thunder fire you there.I he been here yrs and u haven't made plan to encourage old Members who supported you diehard. U banned me twice.you we craze.but.guy.you de try.don't mind me.I love ur style only u ar too partial on religious posts.u hate Christianity

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Has 2 Million Members! by Azazi(m): 8:33am On May 09, 2018
Please don't count those useless apc e-warriors... they are just there to cause wahala.... remove them we know how many they are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

[FREE Guide] Yahoo Bitcoin Investment Latest Format – Step By Step Guide / State In Nigeria As Drop Down / Eyowo Vs Voguepay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.