Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,938 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You (48427 Views)

Akeredolu Swears-In Newly Elected Local Government Chairmen And Deputies / Ambode Faces Impeachment As 57 LG Chairmen Endorse Jide Sanwoolu For Governor / Are You Living in A Slum?- See UN-HABITAT DEFINITION, No 2 Just Might Shock You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by diamond88: 4:03pm On May 08, 2018
Boys get to help themselves. Nature call

Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by engrjacuzzi: 4:12pm On May 08, 2018
I thought it was baale and kabiyesi that approve bus stop... as the case is always "owó ijoba" from agberos
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by Debazent1: 4:13pm On May 08, 2018
They are not even aware of this functions
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by Sleezwizz: 4:13pm On May 08, 2018
jojomario:
Their allocations have been hijacked by the star executives.

So na because of this small thing wey u wan post make quote all d OP's post?...
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by Bruemath(m): 4:17pm On May 08, 2018
Ok
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by deebrownneymar: 4:20pm On May 08, 2018
But where is the love...oops...I mean autonomy?
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by khanwale(m): 4:20pm On May 08, 2018
DOES IT INCLUDE SEXING VILLAGE GIRLS?!
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by Lucasbalo(m): 4:24pm On May 08, 2018
GreenMavro:
smiley

But here in Nigeria 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen are

1. CHOP MONEY

2. CHOP MORE MONEY

3. CHOP MORE MORE MONEY

4. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MONEY

5. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

6. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

7. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

8. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

9. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

10. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

11. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

If you notice...most LG chairman have BIG STOMACH angry angry
Except my Brother who is a chairman in Lagos.�
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by Koolking(m): 4:25pm On May 08, 2018
These are local government Chairman's functions on Wikipedia. The reverse is the case in Nigeria.

Local government is a drain-pipe to the Nigerian government. It brings no real community impact (positive impact) to the people. Last I checked, Raji Fashola of Lagos state undertook street numbering and naming in Lagos state.

Local government in Lagos state only collect Radio/TV license and Okada levies for personal aggrandizement.
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by IMASTEX: 4:26pm On May 08, 2018
Already know of such responsibilities. Their case is like sending a farmer to the farm without cutlass.
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by manitoba(m): 4:27pm On May 08, 2018
There are great opportunities at the LG level if the chairmen can look outside the box. I will be willing to help any Chairman that is ready to take the bull by the horn in achieving this goal.
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by Macdav(m): 5:07pm On May 08, 2018
Sirjamo:
Where on earth do you expect them to get the revenue to execute all that? The governors seize everything and only give them tokens. LG autonomy is the solution.

You are on point!! That's why devolution of power is needed in this country of ours, by so doing the citizens will easily know who ought to bell the cat between the federal, state and the local government.. Then they knows who to hold accountable for what ever goes the way it shouldn't.
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by FKMagazine(m): 5:10pm On May 08, 2018
GET CHEAP PUBLICITY VIDEOS FOR ALL YOUR CHURCH PROGRAMS & BUSINESSES THROUGH DIGITAL SIGNAGE.

Turn your handbills into attractive Animated Videos, we can also help to spread the video accros all social media platforms (Facebook,LinkedIn,Twitter,WhatsApp,blogs) reaching millions of people in the process boosting your church and business.
save yourself the stress of wasting a lot of money on printing, sharing fliers & pasting banners. FOR JUST 7k(video with background music) 12k(Video with voice over) we also send bulk SMS and build websites.

For more info call or whatsapp @ BISYOM Media on: 09073982244
www.bisyommedia.com
@bisyommedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQkCPYMG_z0
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by seguno2: 5:15pm On May 08, 2018
Sirjamo:
Where on earth do you expect them to get the revenue to execute all that? The governors seize everything and only give them tokens. LG autonomy is the solution.

The local governments have allocation from the federation account.
Why should the people allow the governors seize their local government allocation?
Did Tinubu not make a lot of noise because Obasanjo seized some of the local government allocation until Yar’Adua cleared the balance
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by mokt(m): 5:25pm On May 08, 2018
Sirjamo:

FROM THE STATE GOVERNMENT
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by Eife(m): 5:32pm On May 08, 2018
Teewhy2:
What they do most that I know?
1) Issue tickets to okada people and people pushing wheel barrow
2) Collecting money from people selling from road side at bus-stops.
3) Local government chairman coming to office mostly end of the month to distribute allocation.
4) patching small potholes on small streets after which they pick aso-ebi to commission the road that was patch.
5) distributing bowl of un-cooked rice gotten from party headquarter to party members with N500 for stew.
6) issuing tickets for TV/radio permit.

You are totally correct.
The funny part is the tv/radio permit, i remembered when I was working with karu LGA. Like why on earth should I be paying tax on TV I'm using for my own business
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by markfem2: 5:32pm On May 08, 2018
Scrap local governments.
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by CocoaOla: 5:37pm On May 08, 2018
licensing bicycles they should not forget to give them plate number too. funny
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by dyze(m): 5:40pm On May 08, 2018
jojomario:
Their allocations have been hijacked by the star executives.
Do you have to quote everything? undecided
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by mfm04622: 5:49pm On May 08, 2018
The State Government has hijacked both funds from Abuja and IGR of local government. Fact. So LG chairmen have no money to do anything
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by asawanathegreat(m): 5:49pm On May 08, 2018
Awwww...this guy must be studying political science(4lvl) in uniabuja ooo....chai...see our exam for tomorrow....
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by mfm04622: 5:53pm On May 08, 2018
Eife:

You are totally correct.
The funny part is the tv/radio permit, i remembered when I was working with karu LGA. Like why on earth should I be paying tax on TV I'm using for my own business

Radio/TV was copied from UK. However, such money was used to operate broadcasting stations both TV and radio. That is what BBC TV and Radio stations use to operate. Because the money is not subject to govt, it ensures broadcasting stations are independent. In Nigeria, imagine local governments charging 50,000 to 100,000 per year for radio license! How much is the TV?
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by Lovintus2(m): 6:05pm On May 08, 2018
One of the disadvantages of Federalism (Which Nigeria practices) is that there is an excessive control of the Local Government by the state government. Therefore, these above mentioned functions become almost impossible for the Local Govt to achieve. Besides it's constitutional!
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by adisa786: 6:12pm On May 08, 2018
A country practising democracy while the the local is yet to be granted autonomy
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by 2016v2017: 6:13pm On May 08, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge”. So says the Good Book.

Indeed, there is an incredible degree of ignorance in the land as it concerns the statutory functions of the various arms of Government in Nigeria.

No wonder we pay so much attention to the Federal and State Government, thus paying little or no attention to the Local Government Council. And in the process, we allow the Local Government Chairmen and Councilors to escape with an incredible degree of incompetence or dereliction of duties.

In Nigeria, most Local Governments chairmen are only interested in the aspect of their functions, which will attract revenue to them while they conveniently ignore the responsibilities stipulated under the Fourth Schedule.

They also love the display of power but do not appreciate the responsibility that go along with power.

Now, here are some roles of the Local Government Council- specifically as it pertains to the transport and allied sector – that is often erroneously ascribed to the State Government and even the Federal Government

1.Licensing of bicycles, trucks (other than mechanically propelled trucks), canoes, wheel barrows and carts.

2.Establishment, maintenance and regulation of Bus stops, Motor Parks.

3.Construction and maintenance of roads, streets, other public highways, parks, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State.

4.Naming of roads ‘and streets and numbering of houses;

5.Provision and maintenance Of public toilets

6.Public waste management (refuse disposal)

7.Erecting and maintenance of Street lights

8.Regulation of Out-door advertising and hoarding

9.Construction and clearing of drainage

10.Provision and maintenance of public transportation

11.Elimination of destitute, beggars and street urchins from the street.

So what exactly do Local Government Councils use their allocations and internally generated revenues for?

https://autojosh.com/see-11-functions-of-the-local-government-chairmen-that-might-shock-you/

Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by loomer: 6:24pm On May 08, 2018
chairmen wey dem dey appoint or the one them elect?
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 08, 2018
Tracypacy:
Don't be foolish and start comparing yourself with others. It will rob you of your inner peace and you’ll find yourself heading down the slippery road of envy and jealousy. The truth is you’re unique. The Almighty created you to do things that no one else was created to do!
They have retrieve the licence of someone's destiny
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by iluvdonjazzy: 6:26pm On May 08, 2018
no be their fault , state govt no dey green release their money for dem DAT is why local govt autonomy is better.
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by Eife(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2018
mfm04622:

Radio/TV was copied from UK. However, such money was used to operate broadcasting stations both TV and radio. That is what BBC TV and Radio stations use to operate. Because the money is not subject to govt, it ensures broadcasting stations are independent. In Nigeria, imagine local governments charging 50,000 to 100,000 per year for radio license! How much is the TV?

That's Naija for you.
If only our politicians can really do what they promised. Seriously this country will be good
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by jojomario(m): 8:03pm On May 08, 2018
Aldebaran:

Na wa, you can quote anything grin

Are you a lawyer? grin
I beg no vex. I be barrister lawyer
Re: See 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen That Might Shock You by ayanbaba2(m): 8:22pm On May 08, 2018
GreenMavro:
smiley

But here in Nigeria 11 Functions Of The Local Government Chairmen are

1. CHOP MONEY

2. CHOP MORE MONEY

3. CHOP MORE MORE MONEY

4. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MONEY

5. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

6. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

7. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

8. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

9. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

10. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

11. CHOP MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MONEY

If you notice...most LG chairman have BIG STOMACH angry angry
funny you...

this looks like....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed / Dino Melaye Turns Pastor On Twitter, Nigerians react / Atiku Abubakar Visits Calabar , See The Crowd That Welcomed Him - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.