Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed (48422 Views)

Oyebanji Appoints Dr Habibat Omolara Adubiaro As SSG / Gunmen Who Burnt Uzodinma's House Killed 2 Security Aides (Graphic Picture) / Buhari Commends 2 Security Men For Returning Bag Of Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by AquaBekee: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Former PDP AMAC/Bwari Fed Rep aspirant, Omolara decries attempt on her life

* Says, "they killed two of my members, now they are after me."

A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain in the AMAC/Bwari federal constituency of Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Hon. Odetunde Iyabode Omolara has lamented of an attempt by unknown gunmen to assassinate her.

Hon Odetunde, a PDP women leader and the founder of the Northern Women Peace Forum who contested to represent AMAC/Bwari federal constituency during the 2023 primary election held in Abuja, alleged that an intention to eliminate her was planned during that primary election.

Speaking to journalists from an undisclosed destination, about her ordeal with the gun throttling hoodlums, Omolara revealed that the shooting that took place at the election ground during the primaries in Abuja was targeted at her, adding that she has not point at any individual yet as a mastermind.

She said, "Although I lost the PDP ticket to the incumbent member representing AMAC/Bwari federal constituency, Micah Jiba, yet, I am still a strong PDP member and a women leader for that matter."

According to her, "I escaped with the aid of my security assistants as the shooting raged on. But a recent raid in my home in Abuja by the unknown hoodlums numbering about five, killed two of my security assistants, Abdulkadir Iliya and Simon Oti, and destroyed my properties worth millions. During the raid, they allegedly requested to know my whereabout before killing the two men," she added.

She called on authorities to protect her children and loved ones, expressing fear that they might be the next target, while calling on the FCT Police Command to take action and fish out the gun throttling hoodlums, as an official request has been lodged at the command.

Meanwhile, Hon Odetunde, a voice in the clamour for inclusion of women in governance has been unrelenting to see that come through. She had noted that there is a sharp division in the number of women representation compared to men in Nigerian political offices, saying that volatility, induced by religion has also remained a cause for worry especially in Nigeria's political environment.

She has also challenged the exclusion of Christians in key political positions in the country while urging for equity and fair play in political appointments.

Through her humanitarian foundation, 'Northern Women Peace Forum,' she has reached out to a great number of less privileged people, awarded scholarships and brought succour to the indigents in the society.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/killing-of-my-aides-political-says-pdp-former-house-of-reps-aspirant-insists/

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by AquaBekee: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
More

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by AquaBekee: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Here

1 Like

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by cosmatika(m): 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2022
Good one.
The insecurity don dey reach everybody.
For those supporting bad politicians because of tribalism, personal gain or religion, insecurity and bad economy no dey check those things before e reach your side.
So if you like be saying we will teach Igbos a lesson next year, e go reach all man

Meanwhile, abeg who be this masquerade we've been seeing his picture today?
Can the agbado master show us his pictures in Abuja mosque tomorrow like he has been doing in recent times

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by ClassicMan202(m): 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nigerian politics!!!

8 Likes

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Nltaliban(m): 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2022
This country is so unsafe under buhari a general.

To say that he is a monumental failure is an Understatement. APC muust not be allowed to continue

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Ancecoker(m): 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2022
grin
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Michelle70(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
The country is in this sorry state because the money meant for the country's progress are all going into this shameless politicians pockets.

If i talk, them go say i be sadist but all Nigerian politicians looting and relooting deserve to...

lemme not talk fest

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Jahblessings888(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Antoeni(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Run to Your Juju priest Na
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Abaje195(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ok
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Lovenorth: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
PDP Igbos are always raising false alarm
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by cocoboss(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Politics is indeed a dirty but profitable game

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by ikotunblog: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
This guy is gigantically suffering from the incorminicado of his nebomanian, which are incurably catarlize than the limpopoo of his ferocious
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by SultanElhadi(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
w
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by gender123: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
angry
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by phoneport(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Haba!!! It is not even 2023 yet and they have started killing each other
By 2023, All PDP must have Tikud All APC and they will all be swept away, leaving only Those who have LABOURED to enjoy the fruit of their LP. grin grin grin
Celebrate Grace sombori

Men... See my sense shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by iamoyindamola(m): 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ina ru ana
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by merits(m): 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Muna400(f): 3:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
We can only say chaiiii for u... The tables have turned... When these pple were killing de masses, where were u guys

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by ATLIEN2027: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2022
K
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Omooooooo: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2022
A
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by rajiedreez: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2022
cry
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Carlyboi(m): 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2022
What rubbish is this precisely?how would you put unrelated pictures and events together and while blowing false alarm disguised as threat to life Just for the sake of publicity and propaganda for this particular politician

Some of these inept mods self how on earth was this kinda meaningless post allowed on the front page of nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by sainsburry: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2022
Hmmmmm The Lord Is Your Strength Ma

1 Like

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Fiftee50: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2022
E don dey reach una too.lol
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Tayorshd2(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nobody is safe anymore shocked naija my country of all time

BAT2023 FOR PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Killerbag36: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nice one i pray ur enemies get to u soon,
Mama wem say pikin no go sleep mk e de awake to mk sure the pikin no sleep

U never see anything u carry full society money balance u feel say u go get rest of mind
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by Padipadi(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2022
Ehhhh
Re: Odetunde Omolara Decries Attempt On Her Life. Her 2 Security Assistants Killed by SeeHim: 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2022
Nawa o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy 89th Birthday To General Gowon. See This 50-Year Throwback Newspaper / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! / Did Melinda Gates Claim To See Dead Bodies All Over Africa? (Fact Check)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.