Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Orji Uzor Kalu And His Grand Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu And His Grand Promises (995 Views)

Obiano, Tinubu, Amosun, Kalu And Akande At SUN Award: Caption The Photo / Atiku Abubakar Pictured With His Grand Children / Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu And His Grand Promises by azorjiu(m): 8:06pm On Mar 16, 2007
Orji Uzor Kalu and his ridiculous promises.

Is he really contesting or is he playing some sorts of pranks?
How could someone as thick as Uzor ever dream of ruling nigeria in this jet age?

The guy is a joke sha.

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/mar/16/326.html

We’ll win World Cup with me as President — Kalu

AS politicians continue to inundate Nigerians with ‘sweet nonsense’ promises in their bid to get to the seat of power, Progressive People’s Alliance Presidential candidate, Orji Uzor Kalu says he is the only candidate that has an agenda for Nigerian Sports. He also vowed to lead Nigeria to capture the most glamorous sporting trophy in the World, the World Cup that would be staged in South Africa in 2010.

“I’ve promised Nigerians that Nigeria will be the first African country to win the World Cup if I become their next President. I know the politics of sports and I know the people who run sports and I know the administration of sports”, Governor Kalu said in our Corporate office in Kirikiri on Tuesday.

“When I was elected Governor of Abia, I promised that I would break the jinx of no Nigerian Club winning the Champions Cup. I did it with Enyimba and went a step further to retain it back to back.

It is not easy. It takes one who knows and has the interest of sports to achieve results. It is even bad that Nigeria is not hosting the World Cup. Nigeria should show example as the giant of Africa but nonetheless, the Eagles would bring the trophy home for Nigerians with me as their President”, Kalu who is also the Pillar of Sports in Nigeria emphasised. He said that he would draft President Olusegun Obasanjo to receive the World Cup from former President of South Africa, Nelson Mandela.

“I’ll make President Obasanjo the envoy to receive the World Cup from Africa’s legend Mandela. It’ll be from Mandela to OBJ and he will bring the Cup to Nigeria”, Governor Kalu noted.

He was asked if he had a sports agenda for Nigeria in his manifesto and he fired back. “I am the only Presidential candidate that has a sports agenda. I am a young man who loves sports and I know the game and can interact with the players and athletes of this country. No other candidate has anything for sports.

Sports has remained a veritable ground and a political tool which many countries have employed. We’ll take our rightful position in sports in Africa and the world once I become the President of Nigeria”, the Governor said .
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu And His Grand Promises by jom28gy(m): 4:22pm On Nov 08, 2018
But he is contesting for Senate

(1) (Reply)

Power Probe: C’tee To Write Report Abroad! / President Yar’adua To 're-energise' Ties With France / Vision 2020 And Yaradua's Wrong Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.