Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,432 members, 7,861,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail (38600 Views)

CCECC Celebrates Completion Of Track Laying On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line / $1.5bn Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail: FEC Gets Cost Overrun Request From Amaechi / Work Commences On Federal Roads In Imo -as Minister Of Works Visits Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by Madeu(m): 3:11am On May 09, 2018
Offpoint:

we are doom as a nation.. our 1960 independent was a bullshi.t cuz it's not showing in anyway sector. our educational system is crap...
We cannot keep blaming our independence as a result of failure in all sectors. It takes a curious mind to find pragmatic solution to problems. That's where we as a people are lacking in that regard.

To make matter worst, the technology behind this type railway engineering has been existing for centuries. It can be termed as legacy. I don't think anybody or organisation still holds patent for some of it basic components and structural design. Therefore our engineers can come together, brainstorm and handle project like this effectively.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by Nobody: 4:54am On May 09, 2018
LZAA:

both of u wee not go and join the ilorin jihad naw grin
Yes we need to finalize the Ibadan emirate LoL

Cc lzaa onyeoga Madridguy itsmeaboki Bamoski shalomc Madridguy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by WhoBeThisMan: 5:19am On May 09, 2018
tribalmall:
And some fools will be expecting we vote back PDP that left the few rail line we had in the country to roit. At times i wonder if the brain of this igbo people is functional.
what has igbo got to do with it??
I'm conserned about the tribal sentiments of BMC crew. If they told you guys to do this, then all Nigerians should be worried

1 Like

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by tribalmall: 5:36am On May 09, 2018
udemzy101:

Stop posting nonsense, rehabilitation of the rail system started with the former government, so what are you saying?

Is it now a crime for the present administration to continue from where they stop?

But the hardship did not even when it is obvious Ebele depleted our reserve n never saved when crude was sold at $100 / barrel.

Igbo boy continue fooling yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by tribalmall: 5:40am On May 09, 2018
bigpicture001:
...u typ with an intuition I am.PDP..must every thing b about party..? if that's how u are wired that's not same for me..for.me, I tink buhari's biggest mistake on economy was to reject international loan for infrastructure development in d face of recession. also the ppl against his loans are not also wrong cuz he showed very high tendencies towards ethnicity,nepotism,favouratism..infact..buhari still lives in the nigeria of old divided by ethnicity..he is not fit for president!

Why not go n remove him let see you try. I guess Ebele that looted the treasury n reserve is the fit one for the presidency.

Such an unintelligent tribalistic Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by laurel03(m): 5:58am On May 09, 2018
Kennydoc:

I know. Jonathan repaired the narrow gauge from Lagos to Kano and PH to Maiduguri. He then built Abuja to Kaduna standard gauge, even though OBJ conceived the project.
The point is that we shouldn't make it seem like Buhari is doing anything extraordinary.
they started the narrow gauge repair during obj.. i reside very close to nrc then and Abuja to Kad was not started and finished by him...
The Abuja-Kaduna rail project was finalised in 2009. The contract for building the new line was awarded in December 2010. Track laying for the single standard gauge line was officially launched in July 2013. And even the railway was mostly financed by China Exim bank.. same thing goes to the one presently going on in lagos to ibadan. Definitely gej project was not extra ordinary
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by alen4smith(m): 6:02am On May 09, 2018
bigpicture001:
..a father with 3 children that chooses to always favour a particular child nd neglecting the others is actually doing good in the fact that he is investing in his child nd nit drinking away all his money instead of training the child...but then the father is a fool cuz he might end up not having a child at all..cuz one sidedness and favouritm.will eventually lead those children to war with them.self.nd mayb his favourite child be killed and all his investment wasted..fashola is likened to that foolish father of three...u call his strides good cuz it favours ur zone,hence the same reason..the igbos fought a war with nigeria and still wants out....tribalistic minister is who he is and MINISTER OF LAGOS!!!!!
you cant eat your cake and have it mr this is the consequence of your blind politics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by bigpicture001: 6:28am On May 09, 2018
alen4smith:
you cant eat your cake and have it mr this is the consequence of your blind politics.
...northerners didn't vote Jonathan, but they got their fair share of development, South westerners didn't vote obj,but they got their fair share of development..presidency is a neutralisation point and nothing a place to show ethnicity...he could hv contested for a state govt position where he can freely show this...if u stand with him on this issue, then I know ur senses are incomplete
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by Offpoint: 6:41am On May 09, 2018
9jaArea:

The Brits only thought us to speak English and we are still satisfied with that, reason why we have lots of teachers without classroom on NL.
It hurts... our too much dependency on the whites. year in and year out we are producing graduates from every sector of our educational system, but with nothing to show for it.
Medically: we depend on the whites
Technologically we depend on the white
Agriculturally we depend on the white
Even the so education, the best one you can get is from the white.
How long will it continues? most of the so call lecturers are worried about sex. 95% of what they should have make research on and teach their students... they make it an assignment. it's a pity.
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by GavelSlam: 6:49am On May 09, 2018
bigpicture001:
...northerners didn't vote Jonathan, but they got their fair share of development, South westerners didn't vote obj,but they got their fair share of development..presidency is a neutralisation point and nothing a place to show ethnicity...he could hv contested for a state govt position where he can freely show this...if u stand with him on this issue, then I know ur senses are incomplete

Was there any politics of bitterness?

Did anybody go as far as protesting loans for such infrastructural growth?

Did people request as Ohaneze and Massob did that appointments should be declined?

Was there a vehement dissent to every capital investment to be made ?

Did Abaribe not go on the floor of the house to reject the same rail network which had earlier been accepted saying it didn't touch enough Igbo communities even when the one debated was better negotiated and improved upon by additional igbo cities?

Were many of you not egging him on?

It's time to think about what you stand for.

3 Likes

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by Offpoint: 6:49am On May 09, 2018
Madeu:

We cannot keep blaming our independence as a result of failure in all sectors. It takes a curious mind to find pragmatic solution to problems. That's where we as a people are lacking in that regard.

To make matter worst, the technology behind this type railway engineering has been existing for centuries. It can be termed as legacy. I don't think anybody or organisation still holds patent for some of it basic components and structural design. Therefore our engineers can come together, brainstorm and handle project like this effectively.
My question is "why aren't they doing that?" why aren't they robbing minds together? are they self-defeated? or they the lack the resource to do so?
how can they that do that when the challenge the government should thrown to them they take to the whiteman and leaving our engineers docile and unfruitful.
if they constantly see jobs to handle they'll improve... that's what I think. if you don't put what you learn to practice it becomes useless to you and your surroundings.
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by 9jaArea: 6:54am On May 09, 2018
Offpoint:

It hurts to our too much dependency on the whites. year in and year out we are producing graduates from every sector of our educational system, but with nothing to show for it.
Medically: we depend on the whites
Technologically we depend on the white
Agriculturally we depend on the white
Even the so education, the best one you can get is from the white.
How we it continues? most of the song call lecturers are worried about sex. 95% person of what they should have make research on and teach their students... they make it an assignment. it's a pity.

You're right on point, the corruption and incompetency in the educational system is at per with what is in the political system, most times I wonder why no one is paying attention to that.
The standard has gone so low that lecturers prefer to print books and sell to students against the standard practice of using published textbooks as it is in sane climes. I was surprised when my lecture bought a car with the grant he got for research, the other used it for his wedding.
To make it worst, when these people talk of educational reform what they actually mean is for more money to be made available for spending.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by Madeu(m): 6:57am On May 09, 2018
Offpoint:

My question is "why aren't they doing that?" why aren't they robbing minds together? are they self-defeated? or they the lack the resource to do so?
how can they that do that when the challenge the government should thrown to them they take to the whiteman and leaving our engineers docile and unfruitful.
if they constantly see jobs to handle they'll improve... that's what I think. if you don't put what you learn to practice it becomes useless to you and your surroundings.
That's the answer.
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by Offpoint: 7:10am On May 09, 2018
9jaArea:

You're right on point, the corruption and incompetency in the educational system is at per with what is in the political system, most times I wonder why no one is paying attention to that.
The standard has gone so low that lecturers prefer to print books and sell to students against the standard practice of using published textbooks as it is in sane climes. I was surprised when my lecture bought a car with the grant he got for research, the other used it for his wedding.
To make it worst, when these people talk of educational reform what they actually mean is for more money to be made available for spending.
Imagine that! using research money to get a car... I don't see Nigeria coming out of her woes any sooner. our underlying problems are way too much. people believe Nigeria greatest problem is CORRUPTION not knowing the greatest problem of Nigeria is GREED. The unfortunate thing is almost every Nigeria is greedy and *Self-concerned*

2 Likes

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by alen4smith(m): 8:06am On May 09, 2018
bigpicture001:
oga this is politics and it is a game those who know how to play it enjoy its benefits

2 Likes

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by MistaB(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2018
When you see a good development, just accept and embrace it. And pray that its completed in the shortest possible time. Does it matter if election is around d corner? If it can be completed before the election isnt that going to be a good news? Or will they carry the rail track awat after the election?
jessca048:
because election is now around the corner

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by worksmart(m): 8:11am On May 09, 2018
Neither Obasanjo nor Jonathan completed any projects even when elections were around the corner.
jessca048:
because election is now around the corner

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by bigpicture001: 8:37am On May 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

Was there any politics of bitterness?

Did anybody go as far as protesting loans for such infrastructural growth?

Did people request as Ohaneze and Massob did that appointments should be declined?

Was there a vehement dissent to every capital investment to be made ?

Did Abaribe not go on the floor of the house to reject the same rail network which had earlier been accepted saying it didn't touch enough Igbo communities even when the one debated was better negotiated and improved upon by additional igbo cities?

Were many of you not egging him on?

It's time to think about what you stand for.
..adeosun decision for the FG not to go for loan was never made for her..nobody informed her decision...what u are saying is wen d FG in its budget application to the NASS allocated a huge amount of money to railway spanning some specific route,that after the president has shown for over two years that he is not concerned with the world country..y won't the national assembly and concerned groups protest...if u don't know..the budget money is gotten from FG's share of proceeds from oil.and collections by the FIRS....these collections affect everyone..nd u can't tell them.to shut up for not voting for u,yet take their mony and development everywhere aside thier states....plz guy..av replied u much and am still enjoying it...but wen u start getting unreasonable cuz u want to side a party or a foolish man that's wen I will have a rethink..if u know me,then u have met the most "just" person in.Nigeria....
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by GavelSlam: 8:39am On May 09, 2018
bigpicture001:
..adeosun decision for the FG not to go for loan was never made for her..nobody informed her decision...what u are saying is wen d FG in its budget application to the NASS allocated a huge amount of money to railway spanning some specific route,that after the president has shown for over two years that he is not concerned with the world country..y won't the national assembly and concerned groups protest...if u don't know..the budget money is gotten from FG's share of proceeds from oil.and collections by the FIRS....these collections affect everyone..nd u can't tell them.to shut up for not voting for u,yet take their mony and development everywhere aside thier states....plz guy..av replied u much and am still enjoying it...but wen u start getting unreasonable cuz u want to side a party or a foolish man that's wen I will have a rethink..if u know me,then u have met the most "just" person in.Nigeria....

Can you write in a coherent manner?

You can start with paragraphs.
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by maisauki: 9:15am On May 09, 2018
deji17:
Sai Amaechi!

Sai Buhari!!
may God bless d womb that carried u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by maisauki: 9:18am On May 09, 2018
seunmsg:
Some people will still come and call it Jonathan initiated project.
even if it was Oga jona wey start am and Buhari finish am, na pesin wey finish job w go praise na
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by bigpicture001: 9:27am On May 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

Can you write in a coherent manner?

You can start with paragraphs.
...sorry for the errors in typing,but I type from a phone.nairaland to me is for relaxation and nvr at office or home.usually when am on the road.am sure u got my.msg.but ur citing of paragraphs is alluded to trying to insult.cuz I know insulting responses wen I see them,esp having been a member here for 2 yrs..well.this is it. have a nice day!
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by omoharry(f): 11:16am On May 09, 2018
tribalmall:
And some fools will be expecting we vote back PDP that left the few rail line we had in the country to roit. At times i wonder if the brain of this igbo people is functional.
You dont have to vote back PDP but if you vote in APC again because this project that is not yet completed then..It means you can easily be deceived by these politician..election is coming so there are trying to speed up alot of project to deceive people like you so that after voting them in you it will become business ans usual and you will now go back to square one..shine your eye ..dont be a gullible youth
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by omoharry(f): 11:27am On May 09, 2018
Ttipsy:
useless govnt.. since 1960 no rail connection in the country! naija govt gwd morning o.
the painful part of it is that infrastructure in Nigeria is based on politics and the so called youth r daft, arguing unnecessarily
True talk..Majority of Nigerian youth are daft and lack direction on what they deserve as citizens...these things are only basic and yet you see them head over heels praising these stupid politicians that have embezzled about 90% of their resources and decided to hurry up with some project because election is by the corner..they keep repeating the same mistake over and over again..our youth are very gullible and easy to manipulate..Its a hopeless situation.With the kind of people that we are , Nigeria is not going to change for the better in a very long time.

1 Like

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by Barzinime(m): 12:53pm On May 09, 2018
You should go and read about it, they didnt build it for you to understand the difference undecided
pinkyruledworld:
whats the different btw this light rail and the normal rail. ayam not understanding.
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by deji17: 1:12pm On May 09, 2018
maisauki:
may God bless d womb that carried u

Amen. You too.

1 Like

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by proffemi: 1:46pm On May 09, 2018
tribalmall:

That's not right bro. Why the hate nao?
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by pinkyruledworld(m): 2:39pm On May 09, 2018
Barzinime:
You should go and read about it, they didnt build it for you to understand the difference undecided
i actually find this offensive tho, anyways Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by colossus91(m): 2:44pm On May 09, 2018
if its not electric train make una go sitdown!!
Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by Barzinime(m): 2:45pm On May 09, 2018
Just wanted to tell you to read about it.....i am sorry if what i said was offensive smiley
pinkyruledworld:
i actually find this offensive tho, anyways Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Finally Track Laying Commences On Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:41pm On May 09, 2018
Barzinime:
Just wanted to tell you to read about it.....i am sorry if what i said was offensive smiley
No qualms. Life goes on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bokoharam Kidnaps Cameroon's Vice Prime Minister's Wife / Witches Association Backs Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War -vanguard / Fashola: Release Igbo PVCs. NOW.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.