Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Life As It Comes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life As It Comes (653 Views)

The Hustler (My Life As A Yahoo Boy) / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher SEASON 2(by Abayomi Oluwafaith) / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher Season 1»(18+)by Abayomi Oluwafaith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life As It Comes by riqmarol(m): 3:03pm On May 09, 2018
e1

In order to enjoy my destination, I had to enjoy the journey but I wasn't even enjoying the journey from the start,I always had it in mind"If life gives me LIMES, I'd change d word and SMILE " but the arduous task was changing the words .What do I really want most out of Life? Do I really know? Will I ever get it? Were the questions that wandered my mind all the time..sighs.
What a Saturday morning! still laid in bed, obviously trying to get back to sleep but I just couldn't help the thoughts of school which heaved on my mind.Secondary schools had resumed for a new session,as a prefect, I had to resume a day before other students.My "Diary of sss3" had begun.I went on my kneels for prayers,talking to
GOD is my utmost priority, did a little body movements which I would tag as my morning exercises, then picked up my phone,it was just 7:12am,the anxiety of going back to school didn't make me have a good night rest (so to say),I checked my 2go and WhatsApp for messages, wel,there were.Alas! I'd b going to where I have rest of mind,no chores,no sad nights due to parents quarrels, no disturb from siblings, no scolding from Dad, no abuses from mum but all this were just for sometime,I'd b back in a matter of months.
I dropped my phone and and closed my eyes,reminiscing how things had been in the past 6years,I could still recall vividly when I was being taken to the school as a 10-year old, the crying,Mum was crying she was going to miss her son so I joined in the crying, Dad just told the driver to zoom-off,men!, little or no feelings at all (I said in a low tone),after we had journeyed a little,Dad bought juice and cake for me, was I crying!? Not when juice and cake are going into my tummy. I smiled when I recalled how the junior days had been,errands by seniors, fun with friends,whil I was still in my thoghts,my little jumped on me,ohh!! It was so painful if it wasn't for the fact that he's a 4-year old, he'd have gotten a fire-producing slap.
Tobi! What is it? I asked in annoyance. Dad's calling u," he replied"
I tried to take out of the biscuit he was eating, he resisted and ran out of my room,well, Tobi's kind of stingy, in fact very stingy collecting things from him required tricks but he can eat from you and he's very stubborn. "Good morning sir "I greeted dad when I got to his room,"Morning" he replied."
Dad: what do you say is still left out before you go back to school
I:I haven't ironed my uniforms and house checks
Dad:the generator has little amount of fuel in it,if you can be fast with the ironing and you put off the refrigerator
I:OK sir
Dad: what time do you say we should leave? You know I still have to come back home today
I: By 10am sir
Dad:and how much do I give you for your pocket money
I:like 3thousand naira sha..you said you will send the money for books and provisions later?
Dad:yes. Hmm 3thousand! You now have girls abi
I:The 3k isn't even enough
Dadsadlaughs loudly) chief!! (That's one of the nicknames dad calls me)
I put-on the dynamo and I was running back to my room due to the little amount of ⛽ fuel,almost at my room,I hit my toe against the floor and the skin pilled,Oh No! So I'm starting sss3 with an injured toe not a really good omen .I went slowly into my room to do the ironing although the wound was bleeding.So I try to make out happiness and it's getting sour,no,it won't. After ironing, I arranged my luggage, I was set to go.
Re: Life As It Comes by riqmarol(m): 9:40pm On May 09, 2018
hello people, this is basically my first story,
pls, your comments and encouragement would really be of help and improvement .I hope u enjoy it.
Thank you
Re: Life As It Comes by riqmarol(m): 9:43pm On May 09, 2018
Alas!..we're at d school gate,after boring 3-hour journey.Walked into the school compound to get the check-in form.on getting in,saw that the classes and other buildings had been repainted with different colours, for a moment, I was annoyed,we aren't nursery school kids for crying out loud,anyway, it's my last year so I'm less concerned.
"Baba good afternoon o" I greeted the security guard and took a form.
Took in my luggages and then went for my garri (Trust me,Garri has been a life saver,right from js1,don't know why I'm yet to use glasses) and the. I went for the real deal of the day,to get cleared-in, paying my fees wasn't so tedious being in ss3 and also a perfect but the checking was going to be tedious since ss3s brought in most of the contrabands.
I searched mr. B (he was my house master in ss2,oh did I tell you I was in blue house),but he wasn't there, then I was told by Mr.Ot. that the house masters had been changed and Mr S. Was now the blue house master,aww! How on earth! I've heard alot of stories about the man from his students, I don't want to have anything to do with him,anyway,that's life. I went to Mr S. for the clearance, it was easy although he queried me for me rough A4 bundle but later accepted it and signed where necessary and told me to go to the Senior Boarding house Master(SBHM) pointing at Mr ot. What! Mr.ot is the new SBHM, mehn! Enough of the surprises.
Mr.OT (self acclaimed Man of GOD,as he was called when I was In js1,) is one of the most cruel teachers in FSTC ikare at the moment, he would make sure he tackle students when they were facing the disciplinary committee and many were his victims including me(I'm a law-abiding student but I faced the Disciplinary committee, You'll know the cause later�). I went to Mr.ot,the SBHM,to do the final signing but he said he won't sign unless the book registrar signs,I didn't pay for books so the book registrar wouldn't sign and neither did d SBHM sign, at first I was confused but I got the vibe, "Guy Na ss3 u dey, why d shit Na"a voice said within me.I took my luggages and went into d hostel without being signed in,I just broke a rule�..wawu ,ss3 is gonna be so much fun,I said as I walked into the blue house hostel.

It was such a sunny Saturday, only the prefects had resumed, other students were to resume on sunday.After arranging my stuffs and meeting with Pelumi, the blue house captain,my close gee(Pelumi was my first enemy when we were in js1,but later-on we became close,slept with our beds joined and did some stuffs in js2�,I won't tell you what we did yet�).Pelumi and I were sharing some gists about what happened during the holiday,esp. about girls, actually he did some girl-runs(sort-of) without telling me ,so he was explaining himself�. While we were walking towards d class, we came across the yellow house captains and later we met prefects who were our friends ,Sat at a spot and we were ranting and chatting about random things.
In the evening, we were told by a teacher that the school authority would like to meet with the prefects,we went for the meeting and later on proceeded to the dining hall to eat supper, female prefects ate on other tables ,those girls feel themselves a lot ,they won't talk to you unless you do first but they shouldn't really try it in ss3,I thought to myself.We all made to sleep in one room since we weren't much in that way,the gist would flow. A funny moment occurred when we recall a status which one of our female mate had used on her 2go account, the grammatical blunder nearly cracked our ribs��,we talked about other random things before we started sleeping one by one.
I laid on my bed and thought about my first day in Js1,it was actually my first day in the boarding house,I was a 10-year old boy who had no idea of where he was being taken to but with lacasera and gala in his hand,he didn't care after all it was his dad driving. Getting to the school, saw other small boys like myself playing on the field, after being checked-in, the house captain helped me with my loads,he was my school father (the house captain was a son of my dad's close friend,I hated him when he came few years before then to spend few weeks at our place),I could recall on my way to the hostel how seniors shouted at me to stop crying but I only cried more.It was a Thursday,my first dinner was eba and egusi soup,my first night preparatory class.
"Just after the eba and egusi soup meal,I left my plate on a cupboard and was set to go for the prep,when I saw a young boy of my stature sitting on the house captain's bed, the house captain being my school father, I questioned him.His reply was he was my senior and so I should not question him, due to the JJC I was,I kept quiet. It was later I found out that he's actually my mate,he lied.Off to the Hall for prep, with ss3 students making a noise, one could see people chattering, lovers doing their thing and the serious ones doing their readings.I read a topic in an English textbook I brought from home and I made two friends there, wale and tayo,both were jss1 students. Alas! The bell was rung and d prep was over.I walked sleepily to my hostel and dropped my book, reached for my plate which I dropped on a cupboard, but it was no longer there! My plate had been stolen?! I've not even used 5 hours in the boarding house! Later that night, I had a talk with my school father,I wanted to start taking my provisions but he told me I could only do such after 3weeks.Guess my first day in the boarding wasn't so welcoming. I had to sleep early as the next day was a Friday and there would be an assembly".And that was Oct.21,my first day in the boarding house..(Back to the present)...I smiled as I thought...Well I'm in ss3 now and all that mattered was enjoying the days we had left in secondary school.
Oh! I had something in mind I wanted to tell pelumi..
Me:baba..this one wey dem use Mr. S as our house master, omo we don enter am o
Pelumi:me sef tire, d man and I no gree na, hin like to dey take 1st position for inspection and na work be day.
Me :who be d house mistress for girls now
Pelumi:i never sabi
Me:ok na.. Mr.O wey be say we no gree at all.. Na him come be Senior Boarding house master. This new principal sef..either way sha..we gast rock dis ss3
Pelumi:na so.. U dey go chapel tomorrow ?
Me:i no go joh ..we just resume name.. What about u
Pelumi:not going either.
Me:baba goodnight joh..
Sleep that night was so good, Alas! No senior will wake u up by 5am for morning prayers, no more errands, no more fear of failure and mark deductions by teachers.
Re: Life As It Comes by riqmarol(m): 5:52pm On May 11, 2018
Woke up kinda late in the morning, headed outside to brush my teeth . Few mins after, the new blue house master came into the hostel to call pelumi and I. We discussed about how Things were gonna go well and smoothly and he also mentioned changing of hostels as a new hostel had been built therefore houses would change buildings and the lucky house which chooses the right ballot would move into the new hostel and few other things which he said and later went his way.
"Guy,i don't pray that we move into the new hostel o"I said
Why? Pelumi asked
"We would have to do a lot of work in other to maintain it, you know that hostel would be the principal's focus and any Bleep up, the house master would be blamed and the brunt would be on us (the prefects in the house) "I replied
Pelumi: na true o.. I no fit come use work kill myself o, and even the assistant house captain(kale) isn't that serious ..Make we dey go dinning na,food go Don ready.. Hostel don' dry sef.
We went to the dinning and joined other prefects, we were served bread and tea,the tea is more like water so I hardly drink it.
"guy..ur babe don dey plait hair o.. See her " I said to pelumi in a low voice as I laughed
Who are u talking about? He asked
Kemi na.. I answered
Pelumi: Guy, no dey whine me na,i Don tell u weytin happen, and you close to d girl pass me see but when Noah resume,hin go clear you.
I: na cos say she be ma prefect partner ,na why we close b dat but hassle na... Na today noah go kuku resume.
Pelumi: where ur girl na
Which one? I asked
"Mariam " he answered
I :ohh, omo I no do dah girl package o, asin my mind no go with am during that holidays so we no chat at all u know say other female friends plenty for house na. I never see her sef,its like she hasn't resumed.
Pelumi:both of u sha, if u wan do am, do am sharp sha. People wey get eyes on her plenty
I: na Lusi be that, make I go ask him
........Let's do a little bit of intro here.
Lusi is the health prefect boy, Mariam is the health P. Girl
Kemi and I are the sports prefect.
Pelumi is the blue house captain boy .
.......More characters will be introduced soon....
I called out to Lusi...
Lusi: rigma.. How far na
I: I'm good, you just went home to eat everything you could, see ur cheeks .
Lusi :As if you too didn't add more body
I:sure na, where's hope
Lusi :he just went back to the hostel to do something
I:okay, what about Mariam, has she resumed?
Lusi sadlaughs and winks at me) you're missing her already ryt?
She told me she's resuming next week
I: missing keh??... Okay na.. We go dey see for hostel.
Lusi :alryt
"She said she's resuming next week" I said to pelumi.
Pelumi:urh okay.
We were served bread with egg, I didn't take the tea,ate and went to the hostel. An argument occurred among Us in the hostel,it was a matter related to football, after some minutes, everywhere was calm again . House captains had to go help the house officers with the checking in of resuming students which would commence in abt an hour. I took my bath and got dressed in my house wears.
Pelumi and I went to the were the checking was being done, students started resuming and work began, it was a lot if work, checking each baggage and ensuring no contra-band was in it, assembling materials, writing down names, parents handling over their wards to you to take care of them. Jss1&2 Students always appeared very neat on resumption, but just two weeks into the term, they look so dirty and smelly. We did the checking till 6pm,with few breaks in between, sometimes I would just leave so that the house captain and his assistant could do their work.
The night was so lively,with every one appearing radiant and neat from home,every one in groups talking about what happened during the holiday,musics being released and so on. On Sunday nights, our meal was jollof rice ,with meat and apple,no student missed that meal, 99.9% of the students were present. Prefects were to serve d apples that night. We tried to put every student in order and then serve them each an apple.After the serving, I took about 4.apples and left d hall.I got into my hostel and Changed into my shorts, I went to yellow house to greet my guys there. I went to ola(the chapel prefect) and ayo's corner(the assembly prefect). We talked for a while and pelumi and hope came into the hall.Ayo left in order to mobilize juniors to clean d assembly hall as tomorrow would be the term's first Assembly.
When the school gen was put off at around 9:50pm,pelumi and I walked to the blue house hostel. Pelumi brought out his black contina sandals to polish them,i didn't bother bringing out mine as I had a injury on my leg and I won't be wearing sandals until it was healed. I was feeling so sleepy that night so I slept off, what a busy day it was.
Re: Life As It Comes by riqmarol(m): 1:15pm On May 15, 2018
E4
The first Monday in ss3! I knelt beside my bed to do my prayers, Got a bucket to fetch water from the tap,I just didn't want to send a junior yet, As I walked to the tap most junior students had gotten ready in their white shirt and Blue trousers uniform, they still looked very neat and kempt and of course there were still some people who has just woken up and abt to get water too, those were the likes of ss2 and 3. Without wasting time, I fetched a bucket of water, took my bath and got dqressed in my uniform. I went out of the hostel towards the dinning hall, one could see the students in groups discussing till the be was jingled and everyone went into the hall to eat.
Alas! The awaited assembly,which starts with prayers on arrival of the authorities followed by the national anthem after which the principal addresses the students. Even as a prefect, I didn't really listen to what was being said ,my gaze was on the girls, Observing body for changes��,Yeah, that's naughty, some had started to plait their hair too, d fashionable wristwatches, d sweetcented colognes, My attention was drawn back when I heard the Principal call out the house masters to pick ballot to see who will move into the new hostel. It was such an intense prayer -filled moment, after d house masters had picked, each were to show their papers and Luckily, the winner was the Red house master! The house members all rejoiced with shoutings having no idea what they were in for. The assembly ended and everyone moved back to the hostel to change to house wears as the first Mondays of the term were meant to clean the school.
I got to the hostel to meet some of the ss3s In blue house.Let me do a little bit of intro here :
There's Joseph,the librarian prefect, he's kind of huge, just like 3inches taller than I was, Then Ahmed, not a prefect just a sort of bad guy(Everyone's bad tho),then bode,the short guy and then Stephen,the assistant house captain......
We were all seated in d hostel, trying to avoid being called by teachers to supervise the cleaning,i took off my blazers and I decided to go to class just see what's up and greet my girls. There were few girls in the class Among dem was olami and Lydia.olami is just one of these shorty with the beauty, we hated each other so much in js1 but on getting to senior class, we became very close ,she's the punctuality prefect.Lydia,the fair in complexion beauty ,we've been friends from jss1 and still friends. We exchanged greetings and were chatting till olami made a statement about me being her school father in ss3. Initially thought it was w joke till she said she was serious. I just said "Ok" to her and I bade them goodbye as I went out of the class. As I walked through the corridor, I came across Abdul and innocent (the red house captains),we greeted and made jokes about their new hostel and left. On my way to the hostel, I began to ponder on what olami said ,Could there be hidden meanings to what she meant?Was she giving me a green light? Or maybe she wanted us to be with benefits but hell no! She's got a guy who's been asking her out and I wouldn't like to cross his way.
The labour master later ordered the prefects to supervise the cleaning, it was so arduous even though we weren't the ones doing the cleaning. Later that day, pelumi and I went to green house as blue house seemed boring..Headed to the ss3 room and the the guys were balling with their naughty gists and contra -band. We greeted in guys way after which I went to Femi, the green house captain ,who was listening to music on his android phone,i collected the phone and was listening to music until the battery was flat and gave it back to him, i went to Lusi 's corner..and gave him a light punch, and greeted Joshua (the assistant green house captain )who was beside him
Lusi:guy, don't break my arm na
I: na so ur bones weak reach?
Lusi : (Laughs) wande, do you know kike?
I: be specific ,I know more than one kike na.
Lusi :she attends hallmark, I met her at the summer lessons, (he then told me her 2go username)
I: yh, I know her...we dey chat sef.
Joshua :uhn! Oga.. Na every girl u sabi
I: (laughs) baba.. Shut up ah.
Lusi :she make sense o,u get her number?
I:no,you wan do her package ni?
Lusi :no now, but I like her..
I Was about to reply lusi when the head boy walked in and announced that the principal wanted to have a meeting with the prefects immediately.That message alone changed the mood.

(1) (Reply)

My First Encounter With A Ghost / The Abomination - Episode 10 / The Thing About You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.