Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' (44308 Views)

Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ / Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US: There's 'no Free Ticket' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by Timoleon(m): 7:56pm On May 09, 2018
ttmacoy:
CNN did not focus on Nigeria, the Canadian government singled out Nigeria.

I guess the twitter handle that is on the main story belongs to Canada eh?

k
Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by ttmacoy: 7:58pm On May 09, 2018
The original story from the Canadian government broke a few days ago and specifically called out Nigeria so CNN was just reporting what the Canadian government released.

Timoleon:

I guess the twitter handle that is on the main story belongs to Canada eh?

k

2 Likes

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by gidjah(m): 8:04pm On May 09, 2018
Those white countries are way older than us Africans o,we also have a large scale of poor whites In their own lands too.wvwn an average American would any day prefer to live I places like quiet or ontario compared to to new Indian or new Mexico wi reference to safety and other factors.w still have America immigrant flying out till date am so sure u read such in the news.its just that African style of leadership has refused to evovle from its subsistence style till date,very selfish kind of leadership, the white man , gave us theory and, vanished away with the practicals, majority of oir leaders are circumstances-made ,they were never prepare for leadership.i have outside the the countless countless times too and saw how things work out there.i wept for my nation the first time I we to jouhanesborg (s/A),I was like waooooo!!u mean this is Africa?? So so organised a federal city, the then president came to our function with just a security aid!there weren't police presence on the roads there,the decorum was too superb, for the periods of 3weeks I spent there.come to naija the giant of africa,right from the airport you will notice haphazard Ness like a torned apart jigsaw puzzle.
ooshinibos post=674 21832:

I know how you feel , I live in Europe and travelled the world , yes , I agree we have poor white folks but the homeless and the poorest man in a civilized white man still have access to welfare and basic amenities , we black have not done the barest minimum to fend for ourselves and that's the honest truth , we don't know to serve ourselves , we should be sending AID packages to places like Canada and American by now ..and bring back the black man from oblivion and embarrassment

2 Likes

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by ooshinibos: 8:16pm On May 09, 2018
gidjah:
Those white countries are way older than us Africans o,we also have a large scale of poor whites In their own lands too.wvwn an average American would any day prefer to live I places like quiet or ontario compared to to new Indian or new Mexico wi reference to safety and other factors.w still have America immigrant flying out till date am so sure u read such in the news.its just that African style of leadership has refused to evovle from its subsistence style till date,very selfish kind of leadership, the white man , gave us theory and, vanished away with the practicals, majority of oir leaders are circumstances-made ,they were never prepare for leadership.i have outside the the countless countless times too and saw how things work out there.i wept for my nation the first time I we to jouhanesborg (s/A),I was like waooooo!!u mean this is Africa?? So so organised a federal city, the then president came to our function with just a security aid!there weren't police presence on the roads there,the decorum was too superb, for the periods of 3weeks I spent there.come to naija the giant of africa,right from the airport you will notice haphazard Ness like a torned apart jigsaw puzzle.
Just a quick point South Africa Infrastructure was built that the white apartheid regime ...
in the 1980s Nigeria and Zimbabwe were classed as civilized Nation ( I remember a few afro Americans and black British moved to Nigeria permanently during the 1980s) but we used our black wickedness to ruin it to the ground ,hopefully we can regain our civilization again
Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by Josh44s(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2018
bedspread:
u no see the thread

We Must Enter Canada na?

Nobody is going anywhere. We will all face this government and it’s evil agenda to Islamized Nigerians and Nigeria.
Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by gidjah(m): 8:31pm On May 09, 2018
ooshinibos:

Just a quick point South Africa Infrastructure was built that the white apartheid regime ...
in the 1980s Nigeria and Zimbabwe were classed as civilized Nation ( I remember a few afro Americans and black British moved to Nigeria permanently during the 1980s) but we used our black wickedness to ruin it to the ground ,hopefully we can regain our civilization again
yes o, I remember too.the young ones now won't understand much about this,but going to SA really opened my eyes and i pained me so much that out leadership style keeps taking us backward, we just. Too selfish, no. Patriotism only tribalism and playing religion!!imagine this new got too,appointing , over 98%of security leaders from one of the geographical location?is that patriotism or bigotry?
Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by Bethankful: 10:39pm On May 09, 2018
Nigerian is call Aliens
We don really suffer kai

1 Like

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by sirlop(m): 10:59pm On May 09, 2018
IHate9jerianss:

I can guarantee it because I have studied the history of todays' "civilized" nations.
It took centuries for many of them to get where they are today Centuries.
Many of them still aren't perfect.
Expecting instantaneous development from any nation is completely unrealistic.
With this level of corruption and looting? I doubt

1 Like

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 09, 2018
IHate9jerianss:

I can guarantee it because I have studied the history of todays' "civilized" nations.
It took centuries for many of them to get where they are today Centuries.
Many of them still aren't perfect.
Expecting instantaneous development from any nation is completely unrealistic.

Great argument. I always tell people that Europe was not always like it is today. It grew organically. America was not always like this. It grew organically. But the case of africa, Nigeria in particular, is that a group of people were forcefully joined together without much conversation about their terms of coexistence.

But what if the world ends before that "centuries" you talk about? Think nuclear war.....
Good point once again.

1 Like

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by donqx: 12:00am On May 10, 2018
this is a great lesson for the bastard corrupt nigerian politicians who has failed and turned this country to hell on earth for the poor masses thinking about their own selfish interest...I pray you will all make hell because those who are gone before you are in hell burning.

if nigeria atleast better ..most nigerians won't get depressed and think about travelling out of the country. to get a menial job is hard not to talk of skilled jobs.railway,airways,breweries,mill, nitel,nepa everything that works years back all failed to work now.

1 Like

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by Kentrasso(f): 12:04am On May 10, 2018
Oh well, we don’t want them either.

Maybe they can move to Australia

1 Like

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by Codes151(m): 12:13am On May 10, 2018
I can't even stand near a Nigerian flag anymore...

Thanks to govt.. And bad leaders

1 Like

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by comodo: 12:35am On May 10, 2018
Newpride:
This is what our past government caused into the lives of her citizens.

16 good years wasted, no light, no good road, no enabling environment to attract investors, no employment but corruption of all kinds.

And those same set of people who ruined the country are now parading themselves to be savior.
I keep hearing 16 years like say Naija is 16yrs old. We re 58 yrs for crying out loud. People have been ruling this country since independence. So make I hear word. Na so I dey look bohari dey rant. I go dey ask was this man not a head of state in the 80s. What was his achievement then? Nothing.
Truth. Soon pipu go even run go somalia soon.

1 Like

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:54am On May 10, 2018
Don't blame them: after Trump rejected them Canada also doesn't want them; in fact who would want to admit mainly the criminal elements of potopoto?
Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by millionboi(m): 8:49am On May 10, 2018
udemzy101:
The funny thing is that, you will see a guy with good business, good job selling everything just to go seek asylum in Canada.

SMH.
inferiority
Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by Canadamigrate: 9:11pm On May 10, 2018
Firgemachar:
Where is canadamigrate
banned
Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by ooshinibos: 7:45am On May 23, 2018
IHate9jerianss:

It could be 2099.It could even be 2150
What I realized a few years ago was Nigeria isn't completely "down" yet.It's when we reach the point of no return and our face is in the dirt with nowhere else to go THATS when Nigeria will eventually get her act together.
It happened in every "civilized" country and it will surely happen here
everything na excuse , excuse is the talent of the black man ,its always somebodies fault for his failure

1 Like

Re: Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' by RuggedSniper: 11:38pm On Dec 13, 2020
LordCenturion:
*Nigerian asylum seekers arrive to Canada

Many of the asylum seekers take buses or taxis to a US border town, and walk over to the other side of the border, where they are intercepted by Canadian officials. Asylum seekers have pointed to their growing unease about the Trump administration's attitudes toward immigrants for leaving the US.

But in recent months, the cohort of who has been crossing into Canada has changed.

Many of those crossing now are Nigerian asylum seekers, who legally come to the US on a visa, stay briefly in the US and then cross the border into Canada, officials say.

"There is a small number that is abusing the US visa system. They don't have a desire to visit the United States. Their intention is to come to Canada and claim asylum," Canada's Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen said in an interview with CNN partner CBC.

In an effort to stem those growing numbers, three Canadian officials have been stationed to work with US visa officials in Lagos, Nigeria, to prevent the abuse of US travel documents. And Hussen is scheduled to travel to Nigeria this month to meet with its officials there.

"Coming across the border in a way that seeks to circumvent our procedures is no free ticket to Canada," said Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, in a statement.

"We will continue to work with the United States to deter the misuse of travel documents that has helped drive the influx."
This is just a crazy behavior!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Blasted For Photoshopping Her Trip From Kenya To China (Hilarious Photos) / Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) / A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.