Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? (43372 Views)

10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos / My Family Is Discouraging Me From Moving To UK / Dropping Refuse From Moving Vehicles Attracts N5000 Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by krissconnect(m): 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2022
These past weeks, I've been reaching out to my friends who are abroad to help me with links or advices to move abroad too. But I discovered that none of them decided to help, instead they discouraged me either by saying, "it's difficult to move now or the country isn't issuing visa now".

One of my guy in CANADA defiantly ignored my text when I asked him for links or the route he used to move, the other in Korea said the country isn't issuing visa now but he recently moved back and another directly said that it's very hard to get visas now to travel. But one Asian American in the States gave me lots of links to move to the State and even encouraged me to move.

But then I don't understand why our African brothers over there will never encourage or advice someone willing to move. Is it envy or greediness or what? I've never had any of my guy abroad encourage me to move when I asked for advice. If things are difficult over there, why not come home?

NB: I never asked them for fund cos the money is available.

190 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by TiredHuman: 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
They know that it is not easy there too

188 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by jesmond3945: 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
krissconnect:
These past weeks, I've been reaching out to my friends who are abroad to help me with links or advices to move abroad too. But I discovered that none of them decided to help, instead they discouraged me either by saying, "it's difficult to move now or the country isn't issuing visa now".

One of my guy in CANADA defiantly ignored my text when I asked him for links or the route he used to move, the other in Korea said the country isn't issuing visa now but he recently moved back and another directly said that it's very hard to get visas now to travel. But one Asian American in the States gave me lots of links to move to the State and even encouraged me to move.

But then I don't understand why our African brothers over there will never encourage or advice someone willing to move. Is it envy or greediness or what? I've never had any of my guy abroad encourage me to move when I asked for advice. If things are difficult over there, why not come home?

because they dont want you to come and share jobs with them or become a burden to them. Thats the problem with Nigerian community in abroad. Look at the uk skilled thread, they dont even give people links when they land a job.

168 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by okeysoninv: 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
TiredHuman:
They know that it is not easy there too
ask them to come back, they will abruptly refuse

176 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by krissconnect(m): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2022
jesmond3945:
because they dont want you to come and share jobs with them or become a burden to them. Thats the problem with Nigerian community in abroad. Look at the uk skilled thread, they dont even give people links when they land a job.
Damn it's so saddening. When there might be a lot of jobs?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Greatzeus(m): 7:28pm On Jul 12, 2022
krissconnect:

Because they have been hit with the reality of life over there. In contrast to the dreams of flashiness they thought they were going to meet
See bro,you might travel and things will work for you easily than they told you,that doesn't mean they were lying or trying to discourage you,they were just being sincere.

282 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by DannyFX2638: 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
okeysoninv:
this is where the problem is .
Most people refuse to come back not because of they don't want to , They are afraid of how the society will see them ..

Imagine telling your guys that you are going to Canada then after some months , You come empty handed .. haaa .. You reason am nahh..

Ordinary your village you day go , u go buy full bag.. Make them no go see you as failure , How much more Overseas?

278 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by ednut1(m): 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Those are the two major ways to get into Canada go and read them. When I applied for Canada permanent residency in 2019 scores to apply were low, now the scores are high. If my friend asks me to show him way, how can i help him. Even me if i applied today my points will be low due to age and wont qualify.Some of those guys you chatted probably dont have papers and are lying low to survive and do menial jobs. They obviously wont be interested in letting u come join them adding to their bills and risking them being arrested. So these people are not discouraging you things are not how it used to be. In 2012 you could easily get usa visit visa enter there find babe marry. Today you cant even get visa interviews date for usa till 2024 nor can you easily find who to marry and convert to papers. So that bro who left in 2012 can’t really help you. Your best bet is student visa these days. And you need 5m to 10m these days

223 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by okeysoninv: 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
DannyFX2638:
this is where the problem is .
Most people refuse to come back not because of they don't want to , They are afraid of how the society will see them ..

Imagine telling your guys that you are going to Canada then after some months , You come empty handed .. haaa .. You reason am nahh..

Ordinary your village you day go , u go buy full bag.. Make them no go see you as failure , How much more Overseas?

there is this one guy, that lives in Germany , he returned back after many years in Germany with cool money . just a year of him staying in Nigeria he realized Nigeria is tougher than abroad . quickly he ran back to Germany . ok, anyone telling you Nigeria is better is a liar .

251 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by TiredHuman: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
okeysoninv:
If they come back, they know they will be asked unwanted and uncomfortable questions. I know of a bank manager who sold her properties to travel overseas. When she got there, the only job she was offered was to sweep the roads. She couldn't come back because of the amount of ridicule she would face here

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by okeysoninv: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2022
TiredHuman:
If they come back, they know they will be asked unwanted and uncomfortable questions. I know of a bank manager who sold her properties to travel overseas. When she got there, the only job she was offered was to sweep the roads. She couldn't come back because of the amount of ridicule she would face here
did she also told you amount she earns sweeping the roads

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by TiredHuman: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
okeysoninv:
did she also told you amount she earns sweeping the roads
Not the exact amount but it is barely enough for her

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by okeysoninv: 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
TiredHuman:
Not the exact amount but it is barely enough for her
pure. lie, which country

38 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by ednut1(m): 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
TiredHuman:
bank manager didn’t relocate legally hence the sweeping job. If she has papers they would have at least given her banking officer job somewhere in the country

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Originalsly: 12:58am On Jul 13, 2022
@ OP.... if you live in Lagos.... what advice would you give someone who is doing pretty good in the village but wants to sell out and move to Lagos? .... someone who has never been to Lagos before?

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by krissconnect(m): 2:09am On Jul 13, 2022
Originalsly:
@ OP.... if you live in Lagos.... what advice would you give someone who is doing pretty good in the village but wants to sell out and move to Lagos? .... someone who has never been to Lagos before?
Sorry, I'm not in lagos

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by krissconnect(m): 2:10am On Jul 13, 2022
ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Those are the two major ways to get into Canada go and read them. When I applied for Canada permanent residency in 2019 scores to apply were low, now the scores are high. If my friend asks me to show him way, how can i help him. Even me if i applied today my points will be low due to age and wont qualify.Some of those guys you chatted probably dont have papers and are lying low to survive and do menial jobs. They obviously wont be interested in letting u come join them adding to their bills and risking them being arrested. So these people are not discouraging you things are not how it used to be. In 2012 you could easily get usa visit visa enter there find babe marry. Today you cant even get visa interviews date for usa till 2024 nor can you easily find who to marry and convert to papers. So that bro who left in 2012 can’t really help you. Your best bet is student visa these days. And you need 5m to 10m these days
I understand all these but I'm not asking to come live with them. And they didn't tell me that the living situation out there is difficult, they straight up either told me the country is not issuing visa rn or that they have no link for me to come over. It clearly shows they don't want you to come, kind of depicts jealousy

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by ednut1(m): 2:34am On Jul 13, 2022
krissconnect:

I understand all these but I'm not asking to come live with them. And they didn't tell me that the living situation out there is difficult, they straight up either told me the country is not issuing visa rn or that they have no link for me to come over. It clearly shows they don't want you to come, kind of depicts jealousy
jealous of There are many countries not issuing visas to Nigerians. When last did you see anyone going to usa on visit visa when compared to like 4 years ago.If you think they are lying go to the embassy website and apply. Person fit dey suffer abroad and u expect them to tell you to come . Can a nigerian get work permit in dubai today No. Some countries in Europe have quota for Nigeria study visa these days. What if you friend went when there was no quota. No one owes you anything. Find your own way

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Originalsly: 4:46am On Jul 13, 2022
krissconnect:

Sorry, I'm not in lagos

If you live in Lagos ....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by krissconnect(m): 9:54am On Jul 13, 2022
Originalsly:

If you live in Lagos ....
And I said no, I don't live in lagos

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by oluayebenz: 10:23am On Jul 13, 2022
Link

Those your friend have this same mentality before they moved oversea but the truth is, the real life reality has set in......

Those guys might be there illegally and won't be able to help you in anyway.
Abroad is no more like in the 90's.

Una country people don mess up everything.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Billyddude: 1:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
Originalsly:

Why do you want to move to Lagos..do you have a skill..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Raregem9000(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
Find his own way? Remember, we rise by lifting others up. I experienced same thing the poster was saying three years ago. I have a cousin who lives abroad. He has been there for a decade now and i only asked him to just help with an invite while i pay for every money that will be spent and i will work things out when i get there. Note: I'm paying for everything. This my cousin kept on giving me stories like it's not easy there that i shouldn't come. He even said i should use the money i had with me to start a business in Nigeria instead of coming there. I was like why are you still there if it's not easy? I just bone him and block him on every social platforms. A year after, i went to an agent to help on a Canadian Visa but i was duped. I'm looking forward to doing all by myself when i'm ready to go on the adventure again without involving any agent and when the soup is done, i would unblock that my cousin, so that he can see that what he failed to help me with has been achieved.
ednut1:
jealous of There are many countries not issuing visas to Nigerians. When last did you see anyone going to usa on visit visa when compared to like 4 years ago.If you think they are lying go to the embassy website and apply. Person fit dey suffer abroad and u expect them to tell you to come . Can a nigerian get work permit in dubai today No. Some countries in Europe have quota for Nigeria study visa these days. What if you friend went when there was no quota. No one owes you anything. Find your own way

29 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by ednut1(m): 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
Raregem9000:
Find his own way? Remember, we rise by lifting others up. I experienced same thing the poster was saying three years ago. I have a cousin who lives abroad. He has been there for a decade now and i only asked him to just help with an invite while i pay for every money that will be spent and i will work things out when i get there. Note: I'm paying for everything. This my cousin kept on giving me stories like it's not easy there that i shouldn't come. He even said i should use the money i had with me to start a business in Nigeria instead of coming there. I was like why are you still there if it's not easy? I just bone him and block him on every social platforms. A year after, i went to an agent to help on a Canadian Visa but i was duped. I'm looking forward to doing all by myself when i'm ready to go on the adventure again without involving any agent and when the soup is done, i would unblock that my cousin, so that he can see that what he failed to help me with has been achieved.
unfortunatey you dont know how visit visa works these days. Your cousins invite wont have helped in getting visa. You would have been judged by your circumstances in Nigeria and probability of coming back which clearly you weren’t coming back. For many countries unless its for a parent to child kind of visit they wont read your invite letter so its pretty much useless in this your case. Like i said things have changed. He could get into trouble self harbouring you illegally in some countries. This life na everyone for himself o

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Originalsly: 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2022
krissconnect:

And I said no, I don't live in lagos

Pretend you live in Lagos..... what advice will you give?

11 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Originalsly: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
Billyddude:

Why do you want to move to Lagos..do you have a skill.

Playing devil's advocate.... yes.... I can weave baskets very well..... and very good at plucking chickens. I'm also a logger .... very large trees I can
cut down all by myself. How can you help me to relocate to Lagos?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by krissconnect(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
Originalsly:

Pretend you live in Lagos..... what advice will you give?
Oh okay. Lagos is a land of so many opportunities. Well, if you can shelter yourself and feed yourself for sometimes, I will advise you leave the village. But please, plan yourself very well. With good plans, determination, hardwork, grace and contentment.. you will make it

16 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Billyddude: 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2022
Originalsly:

Playing devil's advocate.... yes.... I can weave baskets very well..... and very good at plucking chickens. I'm also a logger .... very large trees I can
cut down all by myself. How can you help me to relocate to Lagos?

Well I don't really know bout the skills you mentioned there, if u doing well in d villa maybe u should stay back...coming to lag will need u coming with cash to get accommodation,more like u starting over....looking out for opportunities..

2 Likes

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Raregem9000(m): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2022
You maybe right and i wouldn't have been pained if this was what he told me. Imagine him saying it's not easy there that i should invest my money into any business in Nigeria and he's over there making the dough. Lol Some people no just want others reach where dem dey. That's just it.
ednut1:
unfortunatey you dont know how visit visa works these days. Your cousins invite wont have helped in getting visa. You would have been judged by your circumstances in Nigeria and probability of coming back which clearly you weren’t coming back. For many countries unless its for a parent to child kind of visit they wont read your invite letter so its pretty much useless in this your case

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by anyanwustanley11(m): 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2022
ednut1:

No one own you anything .find your way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? by Originalsly: 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2022
Billyddude:

Well I don't really know bout the skills you mentioned there, if u doing well in d villa maybe u should stay back...coming to lag will need u coming with cash to get accommodation,more like u starting over....looking out for opportunities..

Hmmmm..... so you are discouraging me? ... is it you are just jealous?... afraid that I may be successful while you are not?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tree Falls At Kintampo Waterfall In Ghana, Kills 20 Students Swimming, Injure 30 / A Small Truck Carrying 40ft Container In Abuja (Photos) / LASTMA Vehicle Falls While Chasing A Car From Onipanu To Maryland, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.