Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide (17457 Views)

Italian Man Who Wanted To Commit Suicide Changed His Mind And Shot An Africanman / Policeman Attempts To Commit Suicide In Taraba (Photos) / Nneka Obazee: Lesbian Meant To Be Deported To Nigeria Tries To Commit Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide by hopefulLandlord: 5:29am On Jul 06, 2018
I want to play the devil's advocate here so don't think whatever I say next is me encouraging suicide, I'm simply trying to show the other side of the coin and tell you how a suicidal person would see what you're saying
Ortintin:
"As chopping off one's head is not the cure for headache, so is commiting suicide not the solution to your predicament"
Chopping your head off actually does "cure" headache as headaches stop immediately

I have being reading in the news recently about the upsurge in suicide attempt mostly common among young people. I want you to know that at every point in life, everyone have thought of ending their own life but one thing or another freezes their hands.
Yeah, it takes a huge courage to go through with suicide attempts

I hope you still your hands and find solace in reading this reasons I have outlined:

1. It will upsets your parents and crush the spirit of the few that actually love you.
The problem with this is that it ignores the fact that certain suicidal people do it out of love for those that love them, think of a cancer patient who is suffering. he not only suffers but also watches his loved ones suffer also psychologically, emotionally and financially. his loved ones are having their spirits crushed slowly in an attempt to keep the cancer patient alive

Such a patient might just decide to jump in the lagoon. yes his committing suicide would hurt the loved ones but he probably feels they'll recover with time

2. It displeases God. Besides no one even knows what happens after death?
I'm an atheist but your question here exposes something you probably haven't thought about. what if there's heaven and hell but only people who commit suicide go to heaven and those who don't go to hell? as strange as it sounds whatever happens after death is speculation. also someone who's suicidal most likely doesn't give a rat's ass behind about afterlife, he's more concerned about exiting this one as fast as he can

3. Those who benefit from you, might become hopeless for life. Ok you don't believe me! Well your pet, that poor man/woman you often give alms to, that person who eats from you, the person coming to meet you for assistance will definitely feel it.
What about someone who isn't benefiting anyone but depends on people? a jobless, uneducated, unloved and dependent person who people actually see as a burden?

4. There are beautiful moments ahead of you. All it requires is for you to just pass today's test.
actually a suicidal person at best thinks there "might" be beautiful moments ahead of them but most can't think of something getting better. they're psychologically unable to even think about it and when they do all they see is bleakness

5. life is full of ups and down. Sometimes you cry, other times you laugh. All these challenges are what makes life beautiful.
We all have breaking points

try taking a glass of water, drink from it and drop it. easy right? try taking the glass, hold it and don't drop it for 1 hour and your hands start to hurt. hold it for 5 hours and your hands would need medical attention. hold it for a day and you'll be hospitalised

see? the more challenges last and don't get solved the more it can lead someone to breaking point especially if those challenges are huge and preventing such a person from progressing or even regressing in some facet of life

6. Life is an adventure, where you place your footprints at the sand of time.
I don't see how this is relevant

7. Pain is but for a moment, you won't always feel this way.
refer to my reply to your number 5

8. Note that everyone is going through one problem or the other. So you are not the only one in this. And by now you should have known that no condition is permanent.
actually there are certain conditions that are permanent, genetic diseases is one such or at least there's no known cure

9. If i may ask "can you remember the trouble you got yourself into when you were a child and you wish the ground should swallow you up? For everything heals with time. And you shall smile again.
Seriously? this would sound insulting to a suicidal person, while the reason he wanted the ground to open up is due to his immaturity, an adult is totally different

10. As there is a solution to the hardest maths problem, so is there a solution to your problems. Discuss your situations with people of wisdom or those you know to be wise and they might help find answers that work.
refer to number 8

11. If you kill yourself, you’ll just become another statistic. Choose to live and inspire others with your turn around story.
There are people who live suffer and die suffering. an SS kid born to a poverty stricken family for example

12. Life is so unpredictable. You might be contemplating of committing suicide, while someone might be thinking of giving you the money you asked for. Or may be its even your Ex just thinking of coming back to you. So don't kill yourself cause everything can take shape just within the twinkling of an eye.

13. Sometimes when you are about to give up might be when hope will just come. So pause and look on the brighter side.
this is like saying there's a possibility the poorest man in the world becomes a billionaire in 2 minutes time, its possible but so close to impossible that its better ignored, this is how a suicidal person would think

14. Remember the story of Job; despite he lost his wealth, children, and even wife. He still had hope and his blessings was restored back seven years later in seven folds.
Yeah, the biblical story about a man who's children were all killed then he gave birth to new children and everything became good again. if you don't see what's wrong in that story especially Yahweh's involvement then.......

15. On a lighter note, let me beg that you wait till December before considering it. Am sure the breeze and fun of Christmas will wash your thoughts off .
Nice one!

16. Besides you can find comfort by reading articles on those who are faced with terrible situations but yet decided to live. The story I read about a man's gory scar really touched me cause no one wanted to see his face or come near him but yet he didn't commit suicide. Today he can smile again because he has a wife and beautiful children.

You can read amazing suicide averted stories here to lift your spirit.

http://www.ortintin.com/2018/05/16-reasons-why-you-should-not-commit.html?m=1

In conclusion, I hope this article might have opened your eyes to seeing a better you. And I leave you with this quote:

"For a man to take his own life is to underrate life. And a man must never underestimate anything. For the worthless of thing today might become the most important tomorrow" - Ortintin
Got tired

1 Like

Re: 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide by hopefulLandlord: 5:33am On Jul 06, 2018
Lexusgs430:
You did not naturally bring life, why unnaturally quench it......

This means you don't kill insects or eat food at all because they all have "life"

2 Likes

Re: 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide by Lexusgs430: 5:47am On Jul 06, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

This means you don't kill insects or eat food at all because they all have "life"

Do insects commit suicide? The topic is about humans vs suicide.......
Re: 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide by hopefulLandlord: 6:17am On Jul 06, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Do insects commit suicide? The topic is about humans vs suicide.......
did you naturally give insects life? why quench it?
Re: 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide by ogolomachi(f): 7:28am On Jul 06, 2018
Ortintin:

And u are alive to write this....ok o
it literally means changing who you are and everything about you
Re: 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide by Lexusgs430: 8:17am On Jul 06, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

did you naturally give insects life? why quench it?

I would rather quench an insects life, than a human committing suicide.......
Re: 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 06, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Really good replies.
Re: 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide by Ortintin: 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
DonPikko:
You can't save a man from himself

Ofcourse, u can. Even Jesus christ advices us to.
Re: 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide by Ortintin: 1:34pm On Apr 28
hopefulLandlord:
I want to play the devil's advocate here so don't think whatever I say next is me encouraging suicide, I'm simply trying to show the other side of the coin and tell you how a suicidal person would see what you're saying

Chopping your head off actually does "cure" headache as headaches stop immediately

Yeah, it takes a huge courage to go through with suicide attempts

The problem with this is that it ignores the fact that certain suicidal people do it out of love for those that love them, think of a cancer patient who is suffering. he not only suffers but also watches his loved ones suffer also psychologically, emotionally and financially. his loved ones are having their spirits crushed slowly in an attempt to keep the cancer patient alive

Such a patient might just decide to jump in the lagoon. yes his committing suicide would hurt the loved ones but he probably feels they'll recover with time

I'm an atheist but your question here exposes something you probably haven't thought about. what if there's heaven and hell but only people who commit suicide go to heaven and those who don't go to hell? as strange as it sounds whatever happens after death is speculation. also someone who's suicidal most likely doesn't give a rat's ass behind about afterlife, he's more concerned about exiting this one as fast as he can

What about someone who isn't benefiting anyone but depends on people? a jobless, uneducated, unloved and dependent person who people actually see as a burden?

actually a suicidal person at best thinks there "might" be beautiful moments ahead of them but most can't think of something getting better. they're psychologically unable to even think about it and when they do all they see is bleakness

We all have breaking points

try taking a glass of water, drink from it and drop it. easy right? try taking the glass, hold it and don't drop it for 1 hour and your hands start to hurt. hold it for 5 hours and your hands would need medical attention. hold it for a day and you'll be hospitalised

see? the more challenges last and don't get solved the more it can lead someone to breaking point especially if those challenges are huge and preventing such a person from progressing or even regressing in some facet of life

I don't see how this is relevant
refer to my reply to your number 5

actually there are certain conditions that are permanent, genetic diseases is one such or at least there's no known cure
Seriously? this would sound insulting to a suicidal person, while the reason he wanted the ground to open up is due to his immaturity, an adult is totally different

refer to number 8

There are people who live suffer and die suffering. an SS kid born to a poverty stricken family for example

this is like saying there's a possibility the poorest man in the world becomes a billionaire in 2 minutes time, its possible but so close to impossible that its better ignored, this is how a suicidal person would think

Yeah, the biblical story about a man who's children were all killed then he gave birth to new children and everything became good again. if you don't see what's wrong in that story especially Yahweh's involvement then.......

Nice one!

Got tired

So are you saying people should go ahead and commit suicide
Re: 16 Reasons Why You Should Not Commit Suicide by Intelguru(m): 1:25am On Apr 29
The aromas and flavours of foods alone will never allow me to contemplate suicide. How many years person dey live sef!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Murdered My Father For Scolding Me ─ Son / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Set Ondo Community Ablaze, Kill Three Persons / ‘ex Boyfriend Murdered My Fiancée,’ Businessman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.