Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Ubi Franklin responds after Tekno was accused of stealing ‘Jogodo’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ubi Franklin responds after Tekno was accused of stealing ‘Jogodo’ (303 Views)

Bella Shmurda Responds After LASU Begged Him To Return To The School / Sex With Mother & Daughter: Naira Marley Responds After He Was Criticised / Professor Linkin: Tekno Paid Danfo Drivers N2m For “Jogodo” But Ignored Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ubi Franklin responds after Tekno was accused of stealing ‘Jogodo’ by Gift101(m): 8:21pm On May 09, 2018
The Chief Executive Officer of Made Men Music, Ubi Franklin has given his responses after one of his artistes, Tekno, was accused of stealing a song from veteran music duo, Mad Melon and Mountain Black popularly known as Danfo Drivers. Tekno had been earlier accused by the Danfo Drivers of stealing their song ‘Jogodo’ without their consent or even reaching out to them. The artistes however threatened to beat him anytime they sight him. In an interview with Wazobia TV in Lagos, they said they have come to Lagos to hunt for Tekno and collect the money/royalties he owes them for sampling their song without permission.

See the video below: Ubi Franklin reacted on a comment section saying that his team contacted the duo but it was one story or the other from them. ”We contacted them sha and it was one story or the other smh. This actually makes me laugh” he wrote on IG. However, Ubi was attacked by other social media users with a lot of people arguing that his artiste had no right to use other people’s materials except when he has full authorization to do so Read Ubi’s reaction below: Song theft is a major problem in the Nigerian music scene. A lot of Nigerian artistes have been called out be either song writers or other artistes of using their materials without their consent. The most notable of all is the age-long feud between former music group partners, Tuface and BlackFace. The latter had been alleged to be the rightful owner of the African Queen song, which a lot of people consider to have been Tuface’s breakthrough song.

http://toribaze.com/entertainment/ubi-franklin-responds-after-tekno-accused-stealing-jogodo/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, MissyB3, Fynestboi

(1) (Reply)

"I Hate Having Enemies" - Nina Apologizes To Bobrisky / New Trick To Get Any Girl To Love You Using DAVIDO ASSURANCE / I Disobeyed My Father Because Of Music – Mr. Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.