Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola (33765 Views)

Police React To Timothy Owoeye Caught Bathing In Market Square / 2019: Tell Politicians They Can No Longer Buy Their Way Into Office – Jega / Governor Obiano Takes His Campaign To Market, Spotted Buying Things In Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by fabre4: 4:28pm On May 10, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Now, all the credit is being given to Fashola alone and none to his boss. Yes, he is very efficient but he has a boss who supports and helps him actualize his vision.

It is Buhari's administration and all credit should extend to him just as all curses.

We have to learn to be fair and balanced.

credit for what slavery imagine paying for a two bedroom face me I face you house for 35 years and the self employed can't even access it
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by desmond2pk: 4:30pm On May 10, 2018
Do you know some daft will believe this idiot?
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:34pm On May 10, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Why are you on the thread when there isn't anything worth speaking of?
Anyone can do something spectacular. If Fashola can't do something spectacular, you can.
Check our signature in blue here below and you will be better enlightened. You can contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link...
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by fabre4: 4:40pm On May 10, 2018
progress69:

I am repeating it again, we have too many intellectually dull youths on NL who just make comments like toddlers, then fellow toddlers like them. A bulk of this people call the president a dullard, where as i the real sense they are the dullards.
Did u considers quite a number of 180million are children and youths less than 30 which by in reality in Nigeria are not yet ripe for this. Did u consider quite a number of people already own houses or are the houses seen around your village owned by aliens? Did u consider that quite a number are already old or retired and do not need this scheme? Government is a continuous process if previous governments have been working and doing things rightly, Nigeria will be better. But u all want magic in 3 years. If the billions of dollars spent on power and housing in the past 16 years was not stolen, we will probably be generating up to 300000 mega watts now. Work is going on slowly and steady...so keep quite if u have nothing to say

the truth is power generation isn't Nigeria's problem it is distributing it.

besides every minister of housing or works comes up with their own housing scam still where are we? Fashola has done nothing special if he cant find a way of capturing the self employed in this housing project without mortgaging...
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by mfm04622: 5:04pm On May 10, 2018
Omeokachie:
How long does it take to construct one unit of low cost house?

3yrs after, how many has Fashola constructed across the country?

When he talks about "Nigerians", is he referring to 180m of us, or just a few elites?

If he is referring to 180m of us, and he is yet to account for 1,000 units in 3yrs, does he realise that it will take him at least 60,000yrs to provide houses for 120m Nigerians at this his level of performance (assuming the average size of each household is six).

All I see here Is nothing but the same political talks that Fashola is known for, just like his "any serious government can fix power in 6 months"

The project is going on in ALL states of the nation. Few have been completed, most are nearly completed. The houses are meant strictly for civil servants and not to be sold to the public
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by mfm04622: 5:05pm On May 10, 2018
fabre4:

the truth is power generation isn't Nigeria's problem it is distributing it.

besides every minister of housing or works comes up with their own housing scam still where are we? Fashola has done nothing special if he cant find a way of capturing the self employed in this housing project without mortgaging...

Mortgage is the right way to buy houses! In sane climates, it is strange when you want to buy a house outright in cash.
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by trapQ: 5:13pm On May 10, 2018
Because it is not news. Hausas have turned that place to criminal hideout. Slaughter has become a danger zone as the hausas dagger people there.
aribisala0:

Why lol??

Are you alright?
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by fabre4: 5:15pm On May 10, 2018
mfm04622:

Mortgage is the right way to buy houses! In sane climates, it is strange when you want to buy a house outright in cash.

That's a big problem because they don't have job security, business could fold up at anytime depending on government policies then what would happen?
why don't you let them decide which of the payment package they prefer even if it means paying more for outright buying.
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by 2016v2017: 5:36pm On May 10, 2018
Omeokachie:

When he talks about "Nigerians", is he referring to 180m of us, or just a few elites?

If he is referring to 180m of us, and he is yet to account for 1,000 units in 3yrs, does he realise that it will take him at least 60,000yrs to provide houses for 120m Nigerians at this his level of performance (assuming the average size of each household is six).

All I see here Is nothing but the same political talks that Fashola is known for, just like his "any serious government can fix power in 6 months"
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Codes151(m): 5:40pm On May 10, 2018
Another scam loading...

Mortgaging people to everlasting debt
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 10, 2018
dammy13:
​The federal government of Nigerian has pledged to provide affordable houses by mortgage that people can pay for throughout their working life.

The Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, who stated this on Wednesday, said part of the change agenda of the ruling All Progressive Congress is that, “Nigerians would no longer have to buy a house like fish in the market. That is not how it works in other societies.

“The payment period will be spread over a period of time, usually your working life. That is really affordability. Housing is not just about building; it is also providing access to funding through the Federal Mortgage Bank.”

Fashola stated this in Jigawa State where he is on a supervision tour of federal road and housing projects.

According to the minister, “Workers who are contributing to the National Housing Fund have something now to look forward to. We are going to create a line of supply houses and access to credit and allow you to choose what your income can afford.”

“That is the journey of change President Buhari has been talking about. We will experience something new. The change will not be only on the new houses but also how to pay for the houses in a manner that makes it convenient for you,” he stated.

On electricity, the minister said people were now free to set up independent power generation companies “without necessarily requesting for license.”

He said the federal government is encouraging the private sector to invest in generation and selling of power to the public.

“Any interested individual or company can set up power generation from two megawatts downwards and sell it to public without requesting for any licence.

“We are encouraging people to set up small power generation and sell it according to their capacity, not necessarily going for big projects that require huge amount of money and expertise”, he said.

http://kikiotolu.com/nigerians-will-no-longer-buy-houses-like-fish-in-market-fashola/

Oga Fashola, It's been 3 years. Please show us the house(s) u have built
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by tete7000(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2018
izaray:
APC is full of scammers angry

It's a party build on lies, propaganda and falsehood. Once you tell one lie, you need thousands to cover it up. That is the case with Buhari and his travelling troupe.
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by IMASTEX: 7:35pm On May 10, 2018
Omeokachie:

100 likes. They thinks all Nigerians are almajiri that don't have any reasoning faculty.
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by g0tze: 7:43pm On May 10, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Any party that has Fashola as their presidential candidate should just go home and relax. Victory is assured!

I will gladly stand in the sun just to vote for Fashola

He is a focused and a visionary leader!

Ready to learn and put his experience in display

Only zombies and skull miners will agree with what you posted.
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:50pm On May 10, 2018
g0tze:

Only zombies and skull miners will agree with what you posted.
I don't need anyone to agree with me, I am giving you a first hand information.

He might make mistakes which is prone to human

But Fashola is very okay you can take it to the bank!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by mfm04622: 8:30pm On May 10, 2018
fabre4:

That's a big problem because they don't have job security, business could fold up at anytime depending on government policies then what would happen?
why don't you let them decide which of the payment package they prefer even if it means paying more for outright buying.

If they can't keep up with mortgage payment, they sell and get part of their equity back. Or reschedule the loan. Many options are available
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by mfm04622: 8:32pm On May 10, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Oga Fashola, It's been 3 years. Please show us the house(s) u have built

Go back and read the story and check the attached pictures. I know the one for Kaduna
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by fabre4: 8:46pm On May 10, 2018
mfm04622:

If they can't keep up with mortgage payment, they sell and get part of their equity back. Or reschedule the loan. Many options are available

sell? the value of their cash must have depreciated
There are things you won't understand till you witness them. but believe me one or double payment within a feasible time frame would be perfect
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 10, 2018
mfm04622:

Go back and read the story and check the attached pictures. I know the one for Kaduna

gringringrin.
Afonja.
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by mfm04622: 5:48am On May 11, 2018
fabre4:

sell? the value of their cash must have depreciated
There are things you won't understand till you witness them. but believe me one or double payment within a feasible time frame would be perfect

It is also possible to pay off faster if you wish. Even in normal mortgage banks will accept you paying off faster. So what is the issue?
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by prince049(m): 10:54am On May 11, 2018
Omeokachie:

Wherever you go, favour shall overshadowy ou. God will bless your hands

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Omeokachie: 11:14am On May 11, 2018
prince049:

Wherever you go, favour shall overshadowy ou. God will bless your hands

God bless you too sir.
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by saintkash(m): 3:31pm On May 11, 2018
comshots:
Have you seen the house?

Yes sir.. I took the picture myself
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by mbos: 4:00pm On May 11, 2018
In Imo State owerii.

We have enough houses for the people..
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:22pm On May 11, 2018
Omeokachie:

"Last administration"?

You really can't make your point without political undertone, or can you?

Tell me, how many units of these houses have been completed and commissioned in last 3yrs for which we want me to "wait for my turn"?

Hoping you've got an answer to that.

Maybe it will get to "my turn" on the 60,000th year! SMH
so what do you want him to do with 10billion budget
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:23pm On May 11, 2018
anibirelawal:

If you cant wait for your turn, just go and build yourself a choice house.
chop knuckle
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:23pm On May 11, 2018
Omeokachie:

Already did mate.

Just worried more that politicians are deceiving your likes with false hope.

you that ua not decided
Who e epp
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:24pm On May 11, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
Apparently, there is no economically viable place that would have been more appropriate for Federal low cost housing projects. It's the backwaters of Jigawa that was most appropriate.
so they don't need house in jigawa abi
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:26pm On May 11, 2018
mikhe2:
How did we end up like this. How can a rogue be a minister? Minister that lack ideas. Mr Fashola allow your work to do the talking.. Don't you allow you mouth to do the work for you.#criminals in powers
like this
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:27pm On May 11, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Now, all the credit is being given to Fashola alone and none to his boss. Yes, he is very efficient but he has a boss who supports and helps him actualize his vision.

It is Buhari's administration and all credit should extend to him just as all curses.

We have to learn to be fair and balanced.

when election come whowill be elected fashola or his boss
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:28pm On May 11, 2018
PassingShot:

You must think you have made sense but you haven't.

Of the 180 million, 30% could be between ages 0 and 17 - they are not ripe to own a home.
40% could be between ages 18 and 25.- most likely still not ripe except a small proportion of them.
of the remaining 30%, we will have those who won't be able to own a home due to poverty.

Too many intellectually lazy youths.
you forgot to add we already have Manny houses that ppl can't afford
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by anibirelawal(m): 5:45pm On May 11, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
chop knuckle

Knuckles ! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Uche Secondus And Olusegun Obasanjo At A Press Conference Today / Atiku Mourns Pastor Odukoya, Extends Condolences To His Family & Congregation / Military Descends On Arepo Vandals Hideout In Operation Awathe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.