Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola (33751 Views)

Police React To Timothy Owoeye Caught Bathing In Market Square / 2019: Tell Politicians They Can No Longer Buy Their Way Into Office – Jega / Governor Obiano Takes His Campaign To Market, Spotted Buying Things In Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by dammy13(m): 8:24am On May 10, 2018
​The federal government of Nigerian has pledged to provide affordable houses by mortgage that people can pay for throughout their working life.

The Minister of Works, Power and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, who stated this on Wednesday, said part of the change agenda of the ruling All Progressive Congress is that, “Nigerians would no longer have to buy a house like fish in the market. That is not how it works in other societies.

“The payment period will be spread over a period of time, usually your working life. That is really affordability. Housing is not just about building; it is also providing access to funding through the Federal Mortgage Bank.”

Fashola stated this in Jigawa State where he is on a supervision tour of federal road and housing projects.

According to the minister, “Workers who are contributing to the National Housing Fund have something now to look forward to. We are going to create a line of supply houses and access to credit and allow you to choose what your income can afford.”

“That is the journey of change President Buhari has been talking about. We will experience something new. The change will not be only on the new houses but also how to pay for the houses in a manner that makes it convenient for you,” he stated.

On electricity, the minister said people were now free to set up independent power generation companies “without necessarily requesting for license.”

He said the federal government is encouraging the private sector to invest in generation and selling of power to the public.

“Any interested individual or company can set up power generation from two megawatts downwards and sell it to public without requesting for any licence.

“We are encouraging people to set up small power generation and sell it according to their capacity, not necessarily going for big projects that require huge amount of money and expertise”, he said.

http://kikiotolu.com/nigerians-will-no-longer-buy-houses-like-fish-in-market-fashola/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by DonCortino: 8:34am On May 10, 2018
angry

Tho
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by saintkash(m): 9:01am On May 10, 2018
That's my able super minister... Similar housing project in kano and moving in the speed of light

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by ashjay001(m): 9:02am On May 10, 2018
I remember, when I tried accessing mortgage, a decade agoshocked
The runaround I was given, reset my braingrin

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by omowolewa: 9:05am On May 10, 2018
We hope so

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Omeokachie: 9:22am On May 10, 2018
How long does it take to construct one unit of low cost house?

3yrs after, how many has Fashola constructed across the country?

When he talks about "Nigerians", is he referring to 180m of us, or just a few elites?

If he is referring to 180m of us, and he is yet to account for 1,000 units in 3yrs, does he realise that it will take him at least 60,000yrs to provide houses for 120m Nigerians at this his level of performance (assuming the average size of each household is six).

All I see here Is nothing but the same political talks that Fashola is known for, just like his "any serious government can fix power in 6 months"

218 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Nobody: 9:28am On May 10, 2018
grin

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:44am On May 10, 2018
Any party that has Fashola as their presidential candidate should just go home and relax. Victory is assured!

I will gladly stand in the sun just to vote for Fashola

He is a focused and a visionary leader!

Ready to learn and put his experience in display

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Bodexman(m): 9:57am On May 10, 2018
Omeokachie:

When he talks about "Nigerians", is he referring to 180m of us, or just a few elites?

If he is referring to 180m of us, and he is yet to account for 1,000 units in 3yrs, does he realise that it will take him at least 60,000yrs to provide houses for 120m Nigerians at this his level of performance (assuming the average size of each household is six).

All I see here Is nothing but the same political talks that Fashola is known for, just like his "any serious government can fix power in 6 months"

My brother this project is commendable. When you see good work appreciate it. Nigeria population is high, it will still get to your turn but exercise patience. Or what exactly are we to pride about in the last administration?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Omeokachie: 10:00am On May 10, 2018
Bodexman:

My brother this project is commendable. When you see good work appreciate it. Nigeria population is high, it will still get to your turn but exercise patience. Or what exactly are we to pride about in the last administration?

"Last administration"?

You really can't make your point without political undertone, or can you?

Tell me, how many units of these houses have been completed and commissioned in last 3yrs for which we want me to "wait for my turn"?

Hoping you've got an answer to that.

Maybe it will get to "my turn" on the 60,000th year! SMH

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Blackfire(m): 10:03am On May 10, 2018
Woow woww woow wow ... What a good news,

But when i saw ...WILL...

I say thunder fire una

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by anibirelawal(m): 10:10am On May 10, 2018
Omeokachie:

"Last administration"?

You really can't make your point without political undertone, or can you?

Tell me, how many units of these houses have been completed and commissioned in last 3yrs for which we want me to "wait for my turn"?

Hoping you've got an answer to that.

Maybe it will get to "my turn" on the 60,000th year! SMH

If you cant wait for your turn, just go and build yourself a choice house.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Omeokachie: 10:13am On May 10, 2018
anibirelawal:

If you cant wait for your turn, just go and build yourself a choice house.

Already did mate.

Just worried more that politicians are deceiving your likes with false hope.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by anibirelawal(m): 10:18am On May 10, 2018
Omeokachie:

Already did mate.
Just worried more that politicians are deceiving your likes with false hope.

Congrats then!

Note, I dont give a fork about any polithiefcian with false hopes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Omeokachie: 10:28am On May 10, 2018
anibirelawal:

Congrats then!

Note, I dont give a fork about any polithiefcian with false hopes.

Really?! Haha haha...

Congratulations! That's a new you then.

28 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by izaray(f): 10:29am On May 10, 2018
APC is full of scammers angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by anibirelawal(m): 10:32am On May 10, 2018
Omeokachie:

Really?! Haha haha...
Congratulations! That's a new you then.

Lol, but i always try as much as possible to be patroitic. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:37am On May 10, 2018
Apparently, there is no economically viable place that would have been more appropriate for Federal low cost housing projects. It's the backwaters of Jigawa that was most appropriate.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Omeokachie: 10:57am On May 10, 2018
anibirelawal:

Lol, but i always try as much as possible to be patroitic. grin

Patriotism sure have a new meaning mate. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by anibirelawal(m): 11:04am On May 10, 2018
Omeokachie:

Patriotism sure have a new meaning mate. grin

Thare are two sides of a coin, lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by three: 11:55am On May 10, 2018
Omeokachie:

I posted links to the promises and all and it got taken down!
sad

[modified]
The post preceding this one (screenshot below) taken down as well!
Is there a new rule I am unaware of?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by three: 12:26pm On May 10, 2018

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Peterpanny: 12:26pm On May 10, 2018
crazy mad entities.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by trapQ: 12:26pm On May 10, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Stemkay: 12:26pm On May 10, 2018
Another lie from APE piece (APC)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by Etizz: 12:27pm On May 10, 2018
These guys are bent on making this country uncomfortable for her citizens ...

They keep lying with all they have just to pls the hear of those who really wanna hear what they want to hear,... They have nothing to offer

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by aribisala0(m): 12:29pm On May 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:
Apparently, there is no economically viable place that would have been more appropriate for Federal low cost housing projects. It's the backwaters of Jigawa that was most appropriate.
This particular project is situated in one of the frontwaters of Jigawa state

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by three: 12:29pm On May 10, 2018
I see..... sad

Meanwhile this was Fashola years ago with his 'there is no low cost cement or iron rod' line.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/building-low-cost-houses-fashola/

I'm glad he seems to have moved on from that 'the people who elected me are not low cost' stance...

However, Minister Fashola has been faffing around for the last three years...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by aribisala0(m): 12:29pm On May 10, 2018
trapQ:
Lol
Why lol??

Are you alright?
Re: Nigerians Will No Longer Buy Houses Like Fish In Market – Fashola by mikhe2(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2018
How did we end up like this. How can a rogue be a minister? Minister that lack ideas. Mr Fashola allow your work to do the talking.. Don't you allow you mouth to do the work for you.#criminals in powers

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Sani Abacha & Wife As A Young Couple / Photo: President Buhari Arrives India / Amosun And The Burden Of Non Indigenes In Ogun State - By Dr Chris Orie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.