Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

DBMS About Database - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / DBMS About Database (1066 Views)

Quite Old Database App From My Boss / What To Do With Spoilt Sql Database? / Building An Ionic 3 Shopping Cart App With Firebase Realtime Database Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DBMS About Database by LordDarius(m): 10:01pm On May 10, 2018
Hi...Gurus, seems like to venture into big data has become a major issue
You advise is very much needed.
How could one
1. Become a database analyst
2. Which ICT institution will you recommend
3. Which of the programming languages (MySQL, Oracle or even MS Access) would one start with.
4. Which text book, e-book will be OK

Thank you in advance.. .....
NL pgming is like a home... . smiley smiley

Cc: pcguru
Afonja
DHTML
watin na
Re: DBMS About Database by dajoaneke(m): 10:30pm On May 10, 2018
I will reply you in the morning. By God grace

Modified:
dajoaneke:

Thanks for your patience. I was really sleepy when I saw the post, so I...

Please note that I'm not a professional in this field. Neither am I a certified database professional.

To answer your question:

1: To become a database analyst, you need to study the fundamentals of database. You will learn to manage and deploy a database management system. Simple tasks as Create, delete, execute, query, are all simple tools you need to know at this point. However, certain roles in implementing executions are privileged which may require permission from admin.
You can learn from any professional school or online video tutorials and books.

2: I will recommend NIIT (I am not a staff or affiliated, I just happened to have made enquiries with them) which have excellent course outline. They are quite expensive though. There are several other ways to learn. My favourite is Video Tutorials which I take time to download training courses.

3: MySql is a prerequisite for DBMS. This language is more popular and has a wider acceptance across different DB. I will recommend that you begin with fundamentals of Linux OS because most times Oracle which is the leading DBMS is installed on either Windows or Linux. If you are familiar with Windows, don't be stuck using Linux.

4: There's no specific method to learn, some people sleep off during video tutorials, some people get along well with books and for some, they learn best with human tutor.

I have a complete oracle 11g books from NIIT given to me by a friend. If you are interested, I'll lend it to you for 6 months, if I have the guarantee of getting it back. Not a kobo I require.

Good luck in your quest for knowledge

1 Like

Re: DBMS About Database by LordDarius(m): 12:01am On May 11, 2018
dajoaneke:

Thanks boss.
Amen to that
Re: DBMS About Database by MrGreenMavro: 8:16am On May 11, 2018
dajoaneke:

its morning...we are waiting
Re: DBMS About Database by dajoaneke(m): 1:02pm On May 11, 2018
LordDarius:
Hi...Gurus, seems like to venture into big data has become a major issue
You advise is very much needed.
How could one
1. Become a database analyst
2. Which ICT institution will you recommend
3. Which of the programming languages (MySQL, Oracle or even MS Access) would one start with.
4. Which text book, e-book will be OK

Thank you in advance.. .....
NL pgming is like a home... . smiley smiley

Cc: pcguru
Afonja
DHTML
watin na

Please note that I'm not a professional in this field. Neither am I a certified database professional.

To answer your question:

1: To become a database analyst, you need to study the fundamentals of database. You will learn to manage and deploy a database management system. Simple tasks as Create, delete, execute, query, are all simple tools you need to know at this point. However, certain roles in implementing executions are privileged which may require permission from admin.

2: I will recommend NIIT (I am not a staff or affiliated, I just happened to have made enquiries with them) which have excellent course outline. They are quite expensive though. There are several other ways to learn. My favourite is Video Tutorials which I take time to download training courses.

3: MySql is a prerequisite for DBMS. This language is more popular and has a wider acceptance across different DB. I will recommend that you begin with fundamentals of Linux OS because most times Oracle which is the leading DBMS is installed on either Windows or Linux. If you are familiar with Windows, don't be stuck using Linux.

4: There's no specific method to learn, some people sleep off during video tutorials, some people get along well with books and for some, they learn best with human tutor.

I have a complete oracle 11g books from NIIT given to me by a friend. If you are interested, I'll lend it to you for 6 months, if I have the guarantee of getting it back. Not a kobo I require.

1 Like

Re: DBMS About Database by dajoaneke(m): 2:03pm On May 11, 2018
GreenMavro:

its morning...we are waiting
LordDarius:

Thanks boss.
Amen to that
Please see my post
Re: DBMS About Database by MrGreenMavro: 2:13pm On May 11, 2018
Thanks for the prompt response
Re: DBMS About Database by LordDarius(m): 2:28pm On May 11, 2018
dajoaneke:

To answer your question:

Thanks again boss
I will like to have the Oracle book but I really want to start small.. ..maybe from access and MySQL
NIIT is one that I have considered also.. .which by His Grace by ending of this year I will enrol
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Please Help: How Is IG, FB, Twitter Working? / Simple PHP Registration Form With SOURCE CODE / Programmer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.