Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:13 AM

I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me, See How - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me, See How (1196 Views)

Marketspaceng Just Scammed Me After Sending Him A Feature Source Code / Why I Think Animation Is A Better Career Path Compared To Software Development / I Got Scammed!!! Devs Shine Your Eyes... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me, See How by TimiRume(f): 6:59pm On Nov 24, 2018
I got to know about admob self click apps not long ago and i took interest. I created a thread(check profile) seeking for help. Among all the handles that decided on helping me create the app with extra benefits, techgeek12 was the only guy that offered to do the job before payment. Nice bait! It's my first and i fell for it.

We got chatting on whatsapp, and i think there were times i nursed doubts but because of my determination to get on with this, i chose to build trust instead. He "created" this admob app after getting some codes(add units,barners et all) from my admob acc and sent it to me via whatsapp( app has no specific name and not on google). At first the app couldn't install but i took my pad to a friend and he helped me install. After installing, i opened app and saw adds popping. Techgeek was "patient and understanding" all through this time, he congratulated me and advised me to start clicking on the apps and expect earnings on my admob acc. I religiously followed all the instructions. And i paid him for this.

The first time i clicked some adds, i rushed to check my admob acc for any reflections. Nothing. I informed him, and he said it would take some time for google to analyse and process my data. I kept clicking for days with no earnings at all. IS IT POSSIBLE THIS APP HE CREATED FOR ME IS LINKED TO HIS ACCOUNT AND NOT MINE?

I notified him of my zero earnings. He said i should be patient and even offered to click on my app too when i told him i forget to click sometimes, its not encouraging to keep clicking for nothing. Then i informed him of my adsense acc i created alongside the admob, if it has anything to do with the situation. He immediately took that up, blaming me for not informing him earlier on.

He said i need to verify my adsense account first before earnings show up on my admob. And also said i needed a US virtual number, cos it was best to get US-verified adsense than a Nigerian one. I googled and saw there was no much difference but i didn't want to cut him off at this point since i still needed lots of help. I went on. He said i'll need to pay him first before he buys the virtual number. I told him to get it, since i'll pay him anyway. He refused to. {I don't have my main bank app on my device for security reasons, the one i have has just less than 1k, so everytime i want to get to transfer i go to a bank atm. I know i can use bank codes right? but i also don't want my money to be easily accessible by me in very tempting situations like this}

At this point, i decided to see how i can get an american friend involved. I told him of my friend that can be of help with his number, address and bank account, basically all the requirements for this adsense. I didn't notice how weird his chats became until i told him my friend wasn't in the states now but can only help with his bank account. He started accusing me of not trusting him and how that made him sad. It was odd because he was always in "good spirit" and this simple economical idea of mine wasn't welcomed. HE MAKES MONEY FROM CLICKING ADDS but needs this meagre sum badly?

Ok he guilt tripped me into paying him for the virtual number. I paid, he confirmed it and said he was on it and almost done, since yesterday afternoon i've not heard from him. Whatsapp messages to him are no longer seen, he is not picking his calls anymore. Am i just paranoid or has this guy really scammed me? I've stopped clicking on the apps. Ever since that app got into my phone, my keypads have been misbehaving.

Fortunately for me, the money i paid is 8k. You mean this guy spent a week just to get 8k from me? His name is Onipede Akintunde Olufunso and he operates a First bank account.

The main reason i created this thread is to get away from this mess. How do i get this app out of my phone? Is this a genuine app? is this app truly linked to my admob acc? Can i go on with it? How do i protect my adsense acc and get it verified? I'm no programmer, i need answers. At this point i don't know if i can trust anybody online!
Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me, See How by SultanYoung: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2018
well sorry for what you might be passing through but in other to uninstalled this app from your phone you should install king root and netqin on your phone, then you can uninstall the app there after uninstall the app goodluck

1 Like

Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me, See How by grandstar(m): 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2018
TimiRume:
I got to know about admob self click apps not long ago and i took interest. I created a thread(check profile) seeking for help. Among all the handles that decided on helping me create the app with extra benefits, techgeek12 was the only guy that offered to do the job before payment. Nice bait! It's my first and i fell for it.

We got chatting on whatsapp, and i think there were times i nursed doubts but because of my determination to get on with this, i chose to build trust instead. He "created" this admob app after getting some codes(add units,barners et all) from my admob acc and sent it to me via whatsapp( app has no specific name and not on google). At first the app couldn't install but i took my pad to a friend and he helped me install. After installing, i opened app and saw adds popping. Techgeek was "patient and understanding" all through this time, he congratulated me and advised me to start clicking on the apps and expect earnings on my admob acc. I religiously followed all the instructions. And i paid him for this.

The first time i clicked some adds, i rushed to check my admob acc for any reflections. Nothing. I informed him, and he said it would take some time for google to analyse and process my data. I kept clicking for days with no earnings at all. IS IT POSSIBLE THIS APP HE CREATED FOR ME IS LINKED TO HIS ACCOUNT AND NOT MINE?

I notified him of my zero earnings. He said i should be patient and even offered to click on my app too when i told him i forget to click sometimes, its not encouraging to keep clicking for nothing. Then i informed him of my adsense acc i created alongside the admob, if it has anything to do with the situation. He immediately took that up, blaming me for not informing him earlier on.

He said i need to verify my adsense account first before earnings show up on my admob. And also said i needed a US virtual number, cos it was best to get US-verified adsense than a Nigerian one. I googled and saw there was no much difference but i didn't want to cut him off at this point since i still needed lots of help. I went on. He said i'll need to pay him first before he buys the virtual number. I told him to get it, since i'll pay him anyway. He refused to. {I don't have my main bank app on my device for security reasons, the one i have has just less than 1k, so everytime i want to get to transfer i go to a bank atm. I know i can use bank codes right? but i also don't want my money to be easily accessible by me in very tempting situations like this}

At this point, i decided to see how i can get an american friend involved. I told him of my friend that can be of help with his number, address and bank account, basically all the requirements for this adsense. I didn't notice how weird his chats became until i told him my friend wasn't in the states now but can only help with his bank account. He started accusing me of not trusting him and how that made him sad. It was odd because he was always in "good spirit" and this simple economical idea of mine wasn't welcomed. HE MAKES MONEY FROM CLICKING ADDS but needs this meagre sum badly?

Ok he guilt tripped me into paying him for the virtual number. I paid, he confirmed it and said he was on it and almost done, since yesterday afternoon i've not heard from him. Whatsapp messages to him are no longer seen, he is not picking his calls anymore. Am i just paranoid or has this guy really scammed me? I've stopped clicking on the apps. Ever since that app got into my phone, my keypads have been misbehaving.

Fortunately for me, the money i paid is 8k. You mean this guy spent a week just to get 8k from me? His name is Onipede Akintunde Olufunso and he operates a First bank account.

The main reason i created this thread is to get away from this mess. How do i get this app out of my phone? Is this a genuine app? is this app truly linked to my admob acc? Can i go on with it? How do i protect my adsense acc and get it verified? I'm no programmer, i need answers. At this point i don't know if i can trust anybody online!

First and foremost, what you paid for is a despicable app for the purpose of click fraud.

People like me pay for ads to Google only you to cheat us by clicking on it rather than genuine visitors. Is it right to you? Some of these clicks are very costly.

Kindly stop it and research any biz you want to conduct online so it it neither fraudulent or cheat you of your cash.

Forget your cash but expise the crook as best as possible

If you want to engage in online business, download videos from YouTube on how to make money on Clinkbank or Jvzoo.

Also download videos on how to get cheap quality traffic.

Also download videos on how to drive free traffic.

4 Likes

Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me, See How by sparkle6(m): 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2018
TimiRume:

Ok he guilt tripped me into paying him for th
The main reasanybody online!
What? 8k but i made a legit thread here
www.nairaland.com/4834432/make-more-than-10-daily
for just 5k negotiable and you fell for a scammer.
How come you guys are just blind to good guys then met the bad guys and end up getting cash licked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me, See How by talk2hb1(m): 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
TimiRume:

I dont like it when people come hwre to lodge complain about developers but sister take we are all here to help you figure things out, techgeek12 where are youyou? Come lets settle this amicably.
Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me, See How by talk2hb1(m): 11:18pm On Nov 24, 2018
Wait like say this guy get bad reputation here ooo

(1) (Reply)

Help With This Book If You Have It. / Help With Construction Of Troublesome Sql Statement In Vb.net! / Matchfinding Algorithm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.