Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play (7658 Views)

Apex Legends:why You Must Play It / What Is One Thing That Every Gamer In The World Agrees On? / 11 Common Bad Gaming Habits Every Gamer Is Guilty Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 2:13am On May 11, 2018
1) Spiderman

Publishers: Sony Interactive Entertainment

Developers: insomniac games

Release date: Sept. 7

The friendly neighbourhood spiderman returns to the ps4 as a mind blowing exclusive. The game lets players take charge of a Peter parker who has been the sole protector of new york city for 8yrs.

Maintain law and order in modern manhattan with your web slinging and Spidey senses, crawl up scenic heights and take in the view with adept web crawling skills, finally you get to occasionally play as Mary Jane as you indulge in their romance in certain aspects of the
game.

This is an open world third person perspective game guaranteed to keep you up all night at the breathtaking scenery, there would be a surge of adrenaline coursing through your veins at each spidey swing and nit ro mention he insatiable thirst for more parkour related last minute decision gymnastic action scenes btw Spidey and the villains.

Save the city of new York from the likes of Mr. Negative, Kingpin, Norman Osborne and Shocker.

As ad on pack, the game has been updated to include an array of Spidey suits including(yours truly)"The avenger infinity war space Spidey suit." Remember it from the newly launched avengers movie. cheesy

If there is any game worthy of winning this year's Goty award at GAME, it's got to be insomniac game's masterpiece. Come 7th Sept, ild be sure to grab my copy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zm30yeHHE

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 2:13am On May 11, 2018
2) VAMPYR

Publisher: Focus Home interactive

Developer: Dontnod entertainment

Release date: Jun 5

This game tells a story of how Spanish flu-ridden Victoria era London became a breeding ground for vampires. Players control Jonathan Reid, a repugnant doctor forced by vampirism to either take life or save them.

As you would have guessed a whole number of interactive dialogues with separate outcomes are a constant feature of the game. Become the devil's right hand and enjoy the spoils of action filled anarchy whilst watching London burn to your whims or chose to unearth the plot, yank the conspiracy by it's roots as you usher londoners into the era of the penicillins grin

This vampirism imbues Jonathan with supernatural powers some of which will be addictive cheesy Dont forget to use your powers to kill any of the five classes of vampires in the game. However, going guns blazing on the npcs in the game is also allowed. Levelling up and crafting skills are an integral part of this game. This game niche is one I've been waiting for a long while since bloodborne. grin

The blood thirst, the gore, the action scenes, the semi-openworldness, they are what I live for cheesy I'm so getting this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdTcv3uUi1o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 2:14am On May 11, 2018
3) RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2

Developer: Rockstar studios

Publisher: Rockstar Games

Release date: Oct. 26

Talk about a wild-west themed game. It's been ages since the the 2nd installment was launched. It's only appropriate perhaps that Rockstar gave us another feel from the great red dead series(not that dey care about the fans anyway).

Red dead redemption 2, is going to be a prequel to the rdr of 2010.
The story centers around some outlaw destitute by name Arthur Morgan. Yup a real gunslinger type of fellow. He is also believed to have a reputation that preceeds him as a prominent member of the van der Linde gang. Yup you won't be wrong if you said he's a son of the dirty West.

We've got horses for cars (noble steads), we've got saloons, we've got showdowns, spittoons, this game boasts of towns facing droughts, €loads of banks begging to be robbed, trains waiting to be hijacked, issued 500 and 1000 dollar bills in circulation.
The untamed West in all it's glorious splendour.

There is return of John Marston and Dutch van der Linde from the previous game.

I'm so getting this game at launch date.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 2:14am On May 11, 2018
4) Hitman definitive edition

Developer: I O Interactive

Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Release date: May 18

The best 3rd person perspective tactical stealth game money can buy. Take charge of agent 47, formulating means to kill your targets. Throw yourself into a world of assassinations unfolding the plot by providence to take down the ICA.

The 2016 game has been revamped to include the sarajevo six and patient zero missions pre installed in the disc. With innumerable skins and holiday themes
There is no greater reward for patient physical gamers.

This is a game I'm willing to get despite already securing the complete season 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfPmiWkGv0I

1 Like 1 Share

5) Shadow of the tomb raider

Developer: Crystal dynamics, Eidos Montreal, Nixxes software bv

Publisher: Square enix Co. Ltd

Release date: Sept 14

Immerse yourself in the next installment of the female uncharted series. Lara takes us on a new journey to Latin America in search of a mayan relic her father(Croft)left buried in the details.

Play another breathtaking daunting adventure as the strong female protagonist, whom against all defying odds continues to survive. She continues to sate our pervy appetites(in this sequel) with her charming good looks, mind boggling silhouette and well-polished British accent.

Indeed, it's a race to the finish, as trinity (a superstitious well funded organisation) tries to foil her attempts at making it to the relic before them. Your guess is as good as mine, if you think this game as like one of those movies where random bad guyz depend on a bloody civilian archaeologist to solve ancient mysteries and riddles obscuring the path(that would most certainly lead to their deaths) to treasures too wondrous for only one man to behold.
However, the relic itself is said to be capable of granting the wielder the power to reshape reality.

Can Lara make it in time to stop Trinity's ploy?
Or
Will she die from the dangerous rapids and traps to the treasure in peru?

I'm definitely grabbing my own copy at launch to find out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9_8250Kndk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 2:15am On May 11, 2018
6) Detroit: Become Human

Developers: Quantic Dream

Publishers: Sony Interactive Entertainment

Release date: May 25

Events take place in 2036, the once hollow abandoned city that is detroit today has been transformed thanks to technological advancements into a city where android robots are produced.

The game let's you take on any of three androids. Making choices through actions and dialogues unique to each character, are a crucial part of the game. Your choices determine what direction the ending is going to take for you. 

Tis has been the way of quantic dream anyway. The masters of narrative driven game play. Remember dey also developed heavy rain, beyond good and evil and Fahrenheit.

Re-shape the future of man and android. As the androids have become self aware and are sentient enough to lead a revolution demanding for equal rights lol

Choices you make between the androids not only shape the character's fate but also determine the fate of the city and a larger extent the world.

So which android are you going to choose: Markus,  Kara or Connor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmKdZdfV1c

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 2:39am On May 11, 2018
7) Biomutant

Developer: Experiment101

Publisher: THQ Nordic

Release date: TBA 2018

The world is set in a post-apocalyptic universe where there are humanoid animal like creatures left to inhabit the earth.

Biomutant allows you to customise your character with different robotic attachments, mutations and weapons, ranging from samurai swords to full-blown assault rifles. Experimentation is key, with each new bit of loot aiming to enhance the gameplay experience.

Played from a third-person perspective, combat will be a mixture of martial arts, shooting and old-school melee attacks. All of these will be determined by your mutations, giving combat plenty of nuance

Exploration is a big component of Biomutant, and the way you can travel across the world is surprisingly varied. The land before us can be traversed on foot, mech, air balloon, jet skis and even a UFO. Hopefully, they all handle well and allow for a bit of customisation.

A plague is spreading across the world of Biomutant, poisoning the land and slowly killing the precious Tree of Life. This dilemma begins to turn neighbouring tribes against one another. The only way to succeed is for you to bring them together in an effort to conquer the greater evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Acp-Gy3UY

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 2:40am On May 11, 2018
cool Call of duty: Black ops 4

Developers: Treyarch

Publishers: Activision

Release date: October 12

Call of duty:bop4,  is going to be the first of the black ops series without a dedicated single player campaign. Although at this point, it's unconfirmed bullocks but we can't wait for them to officially announce the new Treyarch game features on May17.

Treyarch in times past have dished out futuristically themed fantastic warfares. But judging from the huge success of call of duty ww2, Treyarch may want to follow in sledgehammer's footsteps and go old school. Again it's only a rumor so I can't substantiate.

The fans though, are clamouring for more multi player zombie modes, like wtf?  How'd you just decide to skip solo campaign in a cod game, perhaps substitute it with couch multiplayer and then insist ppl play online multiplayer.

Anyway,  hopefully they will not make that mistake of removing campaign  or single player mode. Hell, I skipped the last cod cos of the day one patch trying to cajole me into going with the game(on day one)online for a mandatory day one update.

Looking forward to playing the sequel to black ops 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJv-xtxKkQY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 2:40am On May 11, 2018
9) The last of us 2

Developer: Naughty dog

Publisher: Sony interactive entertainment

Release date : TBA 2018

Naughty Dog has revealed that The Last of Us Part 2 takes place five years after the original left off, with a 19-year-old Ellie acting as the game’s main character. Joel also makes a return, watching over Ellie as a slowly aging old man.

How or what enemies we would be forced to face now in the sequel, we do not know yet.
Naughty dog has been keeping details about tlou2 under wraps, that it's almost scary.

But take it from me, if those dev guys don't say something about the game theme and release date at e3, then be rest assured that it would be launched by November this year.

We will return to bask in the shades of our post apocalyptic zombie infested world soonest; that I am certain of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzdNECcio54

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 3:01am On May 11, 2018
10) Agony

Developers: Madmind studio

Publishers:  PlayWay

Release date: May 29

This game reminds me of doom ps4;  except for the fact that doom wasn't filled with grotesque looking creatures with titties dangling all over the place. Nor with every demon in here looking like a poor crossbreed btw minotaurs.

With that being said, agony is a first person perspective game centred in hell.
The protagonist is also imbued with supernatural possessive powers. Which he uses to evade other demons, kill enemies and so on.

His primary aim is to meet the queen of hell, whom is believed to be able to grant safe passage to condemned souls in the pits of hell after dey have obtained absolution.

However, it seems the queen herself has her own 12 herculean labors that the protagonist must be tasked with. What may strike you odd as a first time player or what may seem more interesting and alluring about the queen, are the size of her own mammary glands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOr9iOjJ0Bk

There's a lot of gore, guts and nudity in this first person survival horror. All what a fella like me lives for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSGIaiuqb-Y

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 3:01am On May 11, 2018
11) Dark souls remastered

Developers: From software

Publishers: Bandai Namco Entertainment

Release date:  May 25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVOMHz9luo

Yup, the great old 2011 game that began the souls series as we know it, is about to be relaunched remastered to be played on now-gen consoles.

Play this 3rd person view rpg as a nameless accursed undead, bound by the artificially rekindled flame to never clasp unto the jaws of death. Your goal here is to seek the old lords souls to end the age of fire.

Later on in the game, it will be revealed that you may decide to let the fire die out to usher in the new age of dark. But in all, you battle undead like yourself, ancient Lords of cinder and dragons that are undead.

The dreaded seath the scaless

This is a game I've known would be ported to the ps4 ever since the sequel got rebooted for the ps4. The game includes even the artorias of the abyss content. Which takes the nameless undead to the past to duel against the great knight artorias of the abyss, who was corrupted by manus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIJpz2QJVTc

2 Likes 1 Share

Okay that's pretty much it cao

I'm going to re-edit the red dead now grin
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Nobody: 3:12am On May 11, 2018
Was that it ?
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by cao(f): 4:52pm On May 11, 2018
Lakeside79:
Was that it ?
Anti-spam bot doesn't seem to like him...
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 1:35pm On May 12, 2018
grin

Cc lalasticlala mynd44
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by TheBulusNotes(m): 5:01pm On May 12, 2018
You should have waited after E3 before creating this thread

Dude last of us 2 ain't 2018 and literally all of your game covers have ps4 logo (just observing)
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 7:22pm On May 12, 2018
TheBulusNotes:
You should have waited after E3 before creating this thread

Dude last of us 2 ain't 2018 and literally all of your game covers have ps4 logo (just observing)

Waiting, would mean some games I listed in there would have already been launched by e3.

Think beyond the console wars for once in your life and accept that greatness awaits. Even if E3 comes, X box will pack 40 b titled exclusive games that nobody wants to hear about. #greatnessawaits

I may decide to have used a Nintendo switch logo or X box one logo, it's not really a big deal. I didn't see X box one logos to use probably cause their logos are out of circulation on the internet.

You keep claiming to not be an X box fanboy but here you are observing what you know nothing of. I will agree to change the logos if you can provide me with X box one logos of spiderman, detroit become human and tlou2
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by TheBulusNotes(m): 11:02pm On May 12, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Waiting, would mean some games I listed in there would have already been launched by e3.

Think beyond the console wars for once in your life and accept that greatness awaits. Even if E3 comes, X box will pack 40 b titled exclusive games that nobody wants to hear about. #greatnessawaits

I may decide to have used a Nintendo switch logo or X box one logo, it's not really a big deal. I didn't see X box one logos to use probably cause their logos are out of circulation on the internet.

You keep claiming to not be an X box fanboy but here you are observing what you know nothing of. I will agree to change the logos if you can provide me with X box one logos of spiderman, detroit become human and tlou2
dude I was just looking for your trouble about the logos since you and ps4 are 5 & 6 grin grin

No offence ooo, just joking with ya

But seriously you should have waited for E3 for more game news and stuff
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 11:13pm On May 12, 2018
TheBulusNotes:
dude I was just looking for your trouble about the logos since you and ps4 are 5 & 6 grin grin

No offence ooo, just joking with ya

But seriously you should have waited for E3 for more game news and stuff
Contrary to what you believe. I actually own an xbox360 and play games on it.

I can just as easily conjure up threads like this one in under 30mins after e3

What good would waiting till e3 then do 4 me, *shrugs* what bad would that do for me? I won't have cause to talk about detriot become human, vampyr, hitman, dark souls remastered and agony in this list angry do you get it now?
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by TheBulusNotes(m): 12:14am On May 13, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Contrary to what you believe. I actually own an xbox360 and play games on it.

I can just as easily conjure up threads like this one in under 30mins after e3

What good would waiting till e3 then do 4 me, *shrugs* what bad would that do for me? I won't have cause to talk about detriot become human, vampyr, hitman, dark souls remastered and agony in this list angry do you get it now?

True cool

Keep on the good work
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by steevy(m): 6:27am On May 13, 2018
Looking forward to Detroit and Spiderman...still haven't explored all possible outcomes on the demo. Tlou2 is looking like next year
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 13, 2018
Omo that agony game enh ...nah to watch walkthrough.

I ain't buying tag thing
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 4:07pm On May 13, 2018
tobianthony:
Omo that agony game enh ...nah to watch walkthrough.

I ain't buying tag thing

Where is your sense of adventure?

I thought you are willing to embrace fps view gaming
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 13, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Where is your sense of adventure?

I thought you are willing to embrace fps view gaming

Man I like horror games but I ain't fcking with that game no way sir ...
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Babysho(m): 9:29am On Jun 18, 2018
Thegamingorca:
7) Biomutant

Developer: Experiment101

Publisher: THQ Nordic

Release date: TBA 2018

The world is set in a post-apocalyptic universe where there are humanoid animal like creatures left to inhabit the earth.

Biomutant allows you to customise your character with different robotic attachments, mutations and weapons, ranging from samurai swords to full-blown assault rifles. Experimentation is key, with each new bit of loot aiming to enhance the gameplay experience.

Played from a third-person perspective, combat will be a mixture of martial arts, shooting and old-school melee attacks. All of these will be determined by your mutations, giving combat plenty of nuance

Exploration is a big component of Biomutant, and the way you can travel across the world is surprisingly varied. The land before us can be traversed on foot, mech, air balloon, jet skis and even a UFO. Hopefully, they all handle well and allow for a bit of customisation.

A plague is spreading across the world of Biomutant, poisoning the land and slowly killing the precious Tree of Life. This dilemma begins to turn neighbouring tribes against one another. The only way to succeed is for you to bring them together in an effort to conquer the greater evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Acp-Gy3UY

Really excited about this one.
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by temitimx19(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2018
I can't wait for Ghost of Tsushima

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by temitimx19(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2018
I can't wait for Ghost of Tsushima grin

Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
temitimx19:
I can't wait for Ghost of Tsushima grin

Aesthetically, the game is alright. But I wouldn't put much hope in it
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by temitimx19(m): 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Aesthetically, the game is alright. But I wouldn't put much hope in it
Hahahah. Based on the preview on E3, the gameplay is dope. I dey really anticipate for more videos.
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
The OP should be banned from.making gaming threads!

This list is so bad and smells souch like 4 days old dirty arse
Re: 2018 Games yet to be launched that every gamer Must Play by Thegamingorca(m): 6:34am On Jun 22, 2018
Uchihaitaci:
The OP should be banned from.making gaming threads!

This list is so bad and smells souch like 4 days old dirty arse

Welcome back lestat

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PSVR Owners In Nigeria - Here Is Our Corner ( Playstation VR) / How To Use Usb Controller For Games On Pc / Xbox2 Vs Ps5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.