Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,690 members, 7,823,945 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed (4102 Views)

Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Kissing Hank's A.ss: An Atheist Parable / Gbile Akanni Exposed The Fraud Of Mountain Of Fire In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2007
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by spoilt(f): 3:09am On Mar 18, 2007
@nferyn
are you an atheist? what do u believe? just curious! smiley
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Seun(m): 11:57am On Mar 18, 2007
Nferyn is not an atheist. He is the resident atheist on Nairaland. After me, of course.

UPDATE: Wow, what a video! Someone seriously needs to transcribe it for dialup users! kiss
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by spoilt(f): 6:08pm On Mar 18, 2007
@seun
resident atheist?? hmmmm!!!! anyway seun u sef na mamber? shocked
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by spoilt(f): 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2007
@seun
spelling mistake! i meant member
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Seun(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2007
Yes, I'm an atheist like Tai Solarin. You can read all about that here: www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4959.0.html

Dial-up users can read the text of the above youtube video here: www.jhuger.com/kisshank.php It's sweet! cheesy
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by spoilt(f): 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2007
@ seun
did u attend mayflower high school ? is that where atheism rubbed off on you?and isnt your full name oluwaseun? are you going to renounce it?
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by sisimose(f): 6:34pm On Mar 18, 2007
ah lipsrsealed
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by sisimose(f): 6:36pm On Mar 18, 2007
;d
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Seun(m): 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2007
sisimose, did you not enjoy the video?

spoilt, I have never attended Mayflower, but as an atheist I like to associate myself with the name of Tai Solarin. wink
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by sisimose(f): 8:04pm On Mar 18, 2007
Seun
the video is nothing special, new or groundbreaking smiley
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by tafari(m): 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2007
Seun:

sisimose, did you not enjoy the video?

spoilt, I have never attended Mayflower, but as an atheist I like to associate myself with the name of Tai Solarin. wink

Mr Admin, What do you believe in? Since you do not believe in God. do you worship idols? how do you edify your soul?
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Seun(m): 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2007
When I'm feeling low, I watch sitcoms, browse the Internet, and chat with friends. wink I worship nothing.
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by maxell(f): 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2007
Seun:

When I'm feeling low, I watch sitcoms, browse the Internet, and chat with friends. wink I worship nothing.

your parents will whip your behind if they find out "you worship nothing" lol
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by sisimose(f): 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2007
i am sure they already did, but seun is so stubborn i bet they gave upĀ  grin grin grin
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Seun(m): 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2007
I'm not a doormat, if that's what you're trying to say. Attempts to bully me back into the faith have been made. wink
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by tafari(m): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2007
@ sisimose, what do you belief in?
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by spoilt(f): 1:17am On Mar 19, 2007
@seun
who was trying to bully you back into your faith? funny! when i'm low i watch sitcoms and that doesnt work? any other tips?? do you plan to raise your kids the same way? just curious.
you must liase with nferyn a great deal. he must be ur other inspiration aside from the great tai solarin.
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 8:54am On Mar 19, 2007
The reactions to this little piece of satire are actually far more enlightening than anything Hank, or rather Karl, could have come up with grin
Hardly anyone who sees the humour in the whole thing.
Seun, beware, you should repent or Hank will come to kick the shit out of you wink

Instructions: Replace Hank with any appropriate and/or applicable deity, replace Karl with any appropriate and/or applicable prophet and/or replacement deity. Repeat until it sticks
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2007
Some schizmatic accounts on the nature of Hank and his Ass:
http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Ginohn/cetera/hankisms.html
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by dtwsola(m): 2:41am On Mar 20, 2007
nferyn, excellent post.
Circular reasoning/logic amazes me. When you want to make a mathematical or scientific proof, you use already established principles and definitions to prove theorems. Many Christians, on the other hand will altogether dismiss a more enlightened person has a fool and discount their argument simply because the bible (which is the object of the argument) tells them so. The mind boggles! It is impossible to argue with someone like that, and I have generally given up, although some of them do end up coming around.

@Seun, how many posts must I have to join your prestigious group.
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Seun(m): 8:17am On Mar 20, 2007
Seun, beware, you should repent or Hank will come to kick the shit out of you

Hehe. Thanks for posting this. I really, really love satire.
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 21, 2007
dtw_sola:

nferyn, excellent post.
Circular reasoning/logic amazes me. When you want to make a mathematical or scientific proof, you use already established principles and definitions to prove theorems. Many Christians, on the other hand will altogether dismiss a more enlightened person has a fool and discount their argument simply because the bible (which is the object of the argument) tells them so. The mind boggles! It is impossible to argue with someone like that, and I have generally given up, although some of them do end up coming around.
Funny how this so called mathematical theorems are nothing but abstract thinking invented by mere men like you. How tangible is the pythagorase theorem?
You agree that oxygen is essential for life yet you have never seen it?
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 8:08am On Mar 21, 2007
davidylan:

Funny how this so called mathematical theorems are nothing but abstract thinking invented by mere men like you. How tangible is the pythagorase theorem?
You can of course choose to ignore those abstract theorems. I wonder e.g. how many bridges would get built without all these [i]abstract [/i]ideas from geometry. Your point?

davidylan:

You agree that oxygen is essential for life yet you have never seen it?
I definitely expect better from you, davidylan. It seems that, when religion gets a satirical treatment, you just forget about the intellectual rigor you aptly apply to other subjects.
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Ka: 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2007
Nferyn,

You should know that in matters like this, either you're preaching to the choir or you're uttering unintelligible nonsense.

The clip was amusing, although it doesn't quite capture some of the subtleties of religious belief.
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 10:05pm On Mar 21, 2007
Ka:

Nferyn,

You should know that in matters like this, either you're preaching to the choir or you're uttering unintelligible nonsense.
A humorous interlude for the choir isn't entirely out of bounds, I would hope wink

Ka:

The clip was amusing, although it doesn't quite capture some of the subtleties of religious belief.
Have you ever seen satire capturing the subtleties of any belief? I never meant this to be a start of an [i]intelligent [/i]debate anyway. I wonder if that's even possible.

Here's another funny cartoon, let's keep this thread sufficiently low brow, shall we grin

Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Seun(m): 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2007
@Ka: sharrap, where is your own clip? You just came here to show us how smart you are, right? Mission failed!

@nferyn: nice! Sometimes, people need to interact with like minds. I think satire primarily benefits those that get it.
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2007
Another one

Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2007
While we're at it

1 Like

Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Seun(m): 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2007
Hehe. I liked them all. My Christian sibling says he doesn't understand the story about Hank's Ass, though.
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by nferyn(m): 10:33pm On Mar 21, 2007
Seun:

Hehe. I liked them all. My Christian sibling says he doesn't understand the story about Hank's Ass, though.
Why am I not surprised
Re: Kissing Hank's Ass - Religious Logic Exposed by Ka: 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2007
Seun,

I don't do clips - I aim for a more refined, subtle approach. smiley

Oh, by the way - Hank just called. He said he's coming to kick your ass from here to eternity. Be afraid, be verrrry afraid. . .

Nferyn,

So you've given up? You've finally realised the gap between believer and infidel is too wide to be bridged? Oh dear!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible? / Bible Study: Fulfilling My Purpose In Christ. Women Perspective Ranti Fawehinmi / A TRIP TO Hell-testimony Of Pastor Philip Mantofa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.