Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN (19278 Views)

Sale Of Polaris Bank: CBN Sets Record Straight / First Bank: CBN Breaks Silence, Says No Individual Can Own The Bank / How To Apply For NIRSAL Microfinance Bank CBN N50bn COVID-19 Loan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Horus(m): 8:42am On May 11, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqk7nKWREPo

CBN to withdraw mutilated currency in circulation
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by otswag(m): 8:43am On May 11, 2018
There is an overwhelming surge of old and mutilated naira notes in circulation. Obviously, there has been a drop in generation or circulation of new notes for months now. Instead for someone to be held accountable for this or instead of them telling us the real motive behind this, we the people have been given the task of reminding the banks to do their jobs. Smh!!

1 Like

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by OhiOfIhima: 8:44am On May 11, 2018
Nogodye:
The rate at which dirty naira notes circulate is so alarming.Its been long i saw new #100 and #200 note...It's a National embarassment.
You can say that again brother... Seriously the thing is bordering me..
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by cardoctor(m): 8:44am On May 11, 2018
U wont collect change be dat
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by israelmao(m): 8:44am On May 11, 2018
CBN you lack good follow-up strategy .What about people that go about buying dirty naira notes and sarcacity of N100 notes in circulation?Is it a monetary policy or poor management?

2 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Exodusontop(m): 8:47am On May 11, 2018
Especially #100 notes. It's terrible these days.

1 Like

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Britishcoins(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2018
Baawaa:
Fine, what about the ones ATM machine dispose
Dispense not dispose....
Abi na goods you are disposing for sale?
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by tofolo(m): 8:50am On May 11, 2018
youngest85:
Yesterday I went to withdraw 40m for my supplier who doesn't trust internet banking.
To my greatest surprise, half of the money is condemned notes

I just left it for them and walk away,.......nonsense!
bros, if the CBN gives the banks mints they would pay customers mints. They are to be blamed here. angry
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by anaytomi: 8:56am On May 11, 2018
Why have the government refused to print new N100 notes ? undecidedWhy have the government refused to print new N100 notes ?
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Vulcanheph(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2018
youngest85:
Yesterday I went to withdraw 40m for my supplier who doesn't trust internet banking.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....For your mind
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by alertness(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2018
youngest85:

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by alertness(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2018
youngest85:

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by caahies: 8:57am On May 11, 2018
candy:
The quality of the N100 is just too poor. Even when you get new N100 note, it depreciates so fast. They should divert the resources they use in destroying/recycling mutilated N100 notes into improving the quality bi ko.

I dont see the sense in this ya comment.
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by bigtt76(f): 9:00am On May 11, 2018
How do you reject dirty bank notes coming from the ATM? undecided

post=67459332:
The Central bank of Nigeria has urged Nigerians of their right to demand new notes from banks and reject dirty notes as the CBN continues its efforts to rid the country of dirty currency.

Isaac Okorafor, acting director, communications department of the of the CBN said this in a statement.

He also blamed the commercial banks of putting a spanner in the works in the CBN’s attempt to use cleaner notes.

Okorafor then spoke on some of the measures taken by the CBN to get cleaner notes in circulation, including, the reduction in the amount it charges banks for sorting the dirty notes for clean ones from N12,000 to N1,000 per box.

He said this reduction in charges was in a bid to encourage more banks to bring in dirty money and exchange it for clean notes which then go back into circulation.

Seeing that the move wasn’t working as planned, the CBN has started making moves to remove the monies from circulation themselves including engaging associations in various markets to encourage traders to change genuine dirty notes for new ones.

“The bank has already taken the new measure to Kano, Kaduna and Abuja and also intends to bring it to the south,” Okorafor said.

http://newshelm.ng/reject-dirty-naira-notes-from-the-bank-cbn/

cc lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Jabioro: 9:01am On May 11, 2018
youngest85:

Be lieing and continue to masturbate..tell him to (pay) deposit the cash into your account.
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by bharkarh(m): 9:01am On May 11, 2018
emi14:

Fat liar. Organization that transacts #40m business doesn't trust transfers?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by gcof(m): 9:03am On May 11, 2018
youngest85:

you left the money already debited from your account?
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by diebuhari1: 9:15am On May 11, 2018
Britishcoins:

Dispense not dispose....
Abi na goods you are disposing for sale?
Good correction, but your example shows that you don't know the meaning of 'dispose' either.

1 Like

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by chigoziri2403(m): 9:16am On May 11, 2018
Cutehector:
The money in bullion vans being sent to banks, are you trying to tell me they are clean?
yes they are
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by grtboy51(m): 9:17am On May 11, 2018
leave am 4 d machine
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by chigoziri2403(m): 9:20am On May 11, 2018
Jerryojozy:
CBN is not serious. As a cash officer in one of the leading comercial banks in Kano. My dirty notes in 18 boxes were rejected on Tuesday simply because one packet wasn't dirty enough. A customer came, requested for a huge sum and I gadly gave him those dirty notes. CBN should be considerate especially Kano branch.

Genius J
nobody rejects dirty notes , what you might have brought was deemed clean and still fit for the market.
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Shaev7(m): 9:23am On May 11, 2018
Nogodye:
The rate at which dirty naira notes circulate is so alarming.Its been long i saw new #100 and #200 note...It's a National embarassment.
esp 100

2 Likes

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by musicnmagic(m): 9:32am On May 11, 2018
let the CBN mint new money then, abi dem want make hunger kill us if we reject the money
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by nelsonebby(m): 9:33am On May 11, 2018
Baawaa:
Fine, what about the ones ATM machine dispose
return it.

1 Like

Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Nobody: 9:33am On May 11, 2018
why cant cbn compel banks to stop issuing dirty notes, nigeria is a funny place, you have to buy mint notes from banks.

its the fault of some people who think mint notes are trophies.
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Mcreloaded(m): 9:55am On May 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The CBN needs to stop trying to play to the gallery and tell us exactly how much 100 Naira new notes they have printed since Buhari came to power ... I don't understand how the CNN can wake up and blame banks when the onus to mop up old bills and re issue new ones lies with it ... The CNN should also tell us why the problem lies more with the 100 naira note when compared to other denominations ? This Buhari govt is truly the most dangerous and divisive govt when it comes to our history .

CNN? Repeated it twice. Hope all is well?
Need medical help?
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Mcreloaded(m): 9:56am On May 11, 2018
three:

From the President to the CBN Governor no one takes responsibility.

Like someone said yesterday on another thread, if we the citizens do everything elected and appointed officials are meant to do including paying tax what is left for them to do?

Blame Jonathan as usual. What else
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by bareal(m): 10:06am On May 11, 2018
Is it not the duty of the CBN to withdraw these dirty notes from circulation? How this has become our dirty is what baffles me.

Until we reject it before CBN will know that it's their duty?
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by bareal(m): 10:10am On May 11, 2018
quentin06:
why cant cbn compel banks to stop issuing dirty notes, nigeria is a funny place, you have to buy mint notes from banks.

its the fault of some people who think mint notes are trophies.

It is not just about compelling the commercial bank to stop issuing these dirty notes but, for the CBN itself to take charge and withdraw them from circulation. As long as commercial banks still have them, they will keep issuing them out.
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by Headmaster055(m): 10:10am On May 11, 2018
When I was younger... I was having this idea that ATM machines dispense clean notes... but, the reverse is the case..... banks are pushing rugged and dirty notes to Nigerians deliberately.
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by gbishman: 10:22am On May 11, 2018
Hahaha haha, sometimes I just look at these leaders and laugh. They act like they do not know what's going on within themselves, banks that sell mint notes to party goers are the same people who are demanding people to insist on clean notes. Mscheww
Re: Reject Dirty Naira Notes From The Bank- CBN by enemyofprogress: 11:03am On May 11, 2018
Fulani herdsmen just want to destroy this country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Detailed Requirements Of Starting Filling Station Business In Nigeria / Nigeria’s Economy Could Slip Into Recession, CBN Warns / Banks, MTN Dispute Over USSD, Airtime Fees Deepens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.