Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention (22604 Views)

Hope Uzodinma’s Travel Ban, N4.3bn Fraud Case: FG Keeps Mum / Pictures Of Sambo Dasuki With Family Members After His Release From Detention / Alleged N6.3bn Fraud: I’ve High Blood Pressure, Jang Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by 13Ebisco: 6:49am On May 11, 2018
A former governor of Plateau State, Jonah Jang has asked a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in Abuja to order his release from the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The ex-governor said he was diabetic.

Jang approached the court barely 72 hours after his arrest by the EFCC over an alleged N6.3bn fraud.

Jang, in a motion on notice filed by his team of lawyers led by Christopher Eichie, Yakubu Philemon, and Kola Oseni, said his continued detention by the EFCC had made it difficult for him to receive medical attention, which has made his “blood sugar control to be in a bad state.”

A copy of the court processes was given to journalists during a press conference jointly addressed by his media consultant, Clinton Garuba, and another member of his legal team, David Dusu.

While Dusu said he had filed an action at the Plateau State High Court in Jos to press for Jang’s bail, Garuba condemned the manner he was picked, describing his predicament as “politically motivated.”

Dusu said, “Jang was told by the EFCC operatives that he would see the EFCC chairman (Ibrahim Magu); but as soon as he got to the Tunde Idiagbon Block in the commission, he was told he couldn’t go home and that has been the case. He has been kept in the EFCC custody since Monday and has not been charged to court.

“Ironically, both the EFCC and the Independent Corrupt Practices and other-related offences Commission are charging him with the same issue. We are seeing some political intimidation. We are not in a banana republic where anything can happen. They have kept him for 72 hours, the EFCC is holding him unconstitutionally. We are appealing to Nigerians to mount pressure on the EFCC to release Jang.”

The Peoples Democratic Party had in its reaction asked the EFCC to grant Jang bail because of “his health condition and the fact that he is denied access to his lawyers, family and medication.”

Speaking with journalists in Jos, the Chairman of the PDP in Plateau State and a former Minister of Sports, Damishi Sango, said, “As a sitting senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Jonah David Jang who is presently in the custody of the EFCC has been denied bail. This, we consider as a gross violation of his fundamental human rights as provided under the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“In making the appeal for the release of Senator Jang, we are mindful of his health condition and the fact that he is being denied access to his lawyers, family and medication.

“Jang is under threat because of his presidential ambition. If anybody wants to be President, the present government will hold and twist the person’s neck. They think that Jang has large supporters in Plateau State and that if allowed, his popularity might jeopardise their chances in the 2019 election. But the people of Plateau State have taken a decision to sack the APC in 2019.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/n63bn-fraud-i-have-diabetes-jang-cries.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:52am On May 11, 2018
Na him go kill you!!!

74 Likes 8 Shares

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by Nobody: 6:54am On May 11, 2018
Let them take metformin to him at the custody to lower his blood sugar level. As for that money, he must vomit it and face the consequence.

I'm tired of these thieves remembering they have medical conditions only after they are caught. angry

122 Likes 9 Shares

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by new2012: 6:55am On May 11, 2018
They all fall ill when corrupt cases are opened on them.

Nevertheless, the current government is silly, EFCc keeping people unconstitutional in cases they still loose in court, can't they even play by the rule?

The government is equally intensifying efforts to clamp down on opposition. Sylva, KANU are now saints?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by new2012: 6:56am On May 11, 2018
post=67460247:
Na him go kill you!!!

Remember Buhari is equally sick, most of those guys are ill, you can't make the masses suffer and go free.

All our politicians regardless of party affiliations will always be sick.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:56am On May 11, 2018
embarassed
Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by GavelSlam: 7:00am On May 11, 2018
Why do they always fall Ill when they are made to face trial?

Why do Nigerians support them when they face trial?

If Nigerians day our leaders are corrupt why is it is always the one facing trial that that believe is being unjustly tried?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by Olalan(m): 7:01am On May 11, 2018
Funny naija crooks only get sick when on trial......

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by benuejosh: 7:04am On May 11, 2018
Kai.. All politicians in Nigeria have one kind of terrible illness as soon as they arrest them. Smh! Crooks!

14 Likes

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by Nobody: 7:12am On May 11, 2018
after stealing Nigeria money abi

ur punishment is with God only

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by zeestunner(m): 7:16am On May 11, 2018
How u no go get diabetes when money too sweet lol

8 Likes

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by blackpanda: 7:19am On May 11, 2018
new2012:
They all fall ill when corrupt cases are opened on them.

Nevertheless, the current government is silly, EFCc keeping people unconstitutional in cases they still loose in court, can't they even play by the rule?

The government is equally intensifying efforts to clamp down on opposition. Sylva, KANU are now saints?

Kanu who
Dont call sociopaths please
Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by new2012: 7:21am On May 11, 2018
blackpanda:

Kanu who
Dont call sociopaths please

Lol!
Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by HtwoOw: 7:33am On May 11, 2018
One has broken leg he posed with walking stick

Another claimed cancer, that one escaped to UK

One came with cast on his neck in an ambulace

Now this one has cancer , Is it the money they steal that gives them disease ?

PDP bastards have a few things in common , They deny allegations vehemently , They Sue EFCC , They get arrested , they spend time in EFCC custody , they withdraw their case against EFCC , then finally when the hearing starts , they start having diseases

If i were in power, i'd give them options , return this money and i kill you alone , don't return money i wipe out your family and associates and i'd do them all before i do you

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:43am On May 11, 2018
diabetics plus alleged presidential ambition to rule nigeria, yet he stole N6.5b....so..SO THE RICH ALSO CRY.?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by SweetJoystick(m): 7:54am On May 11, 2018
Idiot, when you dey loot you bee get diabetes? Na when you enter jail e happen abi?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by AustineE1: 8:06am On May 11, 2018
It is so funny how APC government has turned the much applauded anti-corruption fight into a political tool for hunting down oppositions. Ex-governor Jang is a man of exceptional character,known for prudency,from his days as a top military officer,to being the governor of old Gongola state to being the governor of Plateau state.
Anybody who have stayed in Plateau state,will tell you that never in the history of the state,has any governor performed the near magic achievement of Gov Jang,he was able to change the face of Jos with very lean resources.Even the present APC governor can attest to the fact that given 20yrs he may not be able to achieve a quarter of Jangs developmental strides.
Even Jangs worst enemies in Jos will always tell you that Jang is the president Nigeria is searching for,severally Efcc had made efforts in the past to pick him up for political reasons but they more the try,they more the find it had to pin him down with any irregularities,his contract sums are usually very small to compare with similar elsewhere.
Even Magu Effc chairman's conscience will be pricking him for holding a noble and incorruptable innocent Nigeria against his wish but for political expediency and so that the wish of his masters in Abuja will be fulfilled.
PMB,Magu,Lalong etc all will definately have a date with justice for touching an innocent man,nemesis is lurking by the corner.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by Firefire(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2018
Corrupt as Buhary.
Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by AustineE1: 8:25am On May 11, 2018
HtwoOw:
One has broken leg he posed with walking stick

Another claimed cancer, that one escaped to UK

One came with cast on his neck in an ambulace

Now this one has cancer , Is it the money they steal that gives them disease ?

PDP bastards have a few things in common , They deny allegations vehemently , They Sue EFCC , They get arrested , they spend time in EFCC custody , they withdraw their case against EFCC , then finally when the hearing starts , they start having diseases

If i were in power, i'd give them options , return this money and i kill you alone , don't return money i wipe out your family and associates and i'd do them all before i do you
some of you seems to reason from your Anus,the last thing i will do is to hold brief for a proven corrupt politician but speaking recklessly the way you did,shows you could equally be part of Nigerians problem,you write without reasoning,more like 'an automated online mumu',who are PDP corrupt politicians?the same people who are now in government,how comes that all the former governors that now make up the APC are now saints?...you as an ordinary Nigeria is a victim of the political game being played by our elites.
I pray for a government that will truly fight corruption not for political expediency but in totality,as it is down in higher climes and only then we can institute the anti corruption mentality as a culture and a way of life.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by Sirjamo: 8:34am On May 11, 2018
AustineE1:
It is so funny how APC government has turned the much applauded anti-corruption fight into a political tool for hunting down oppositions. Ex-governor Jang is a man of exceptional character,known for prudency,from his days as a top military officer,to being the governor of old Gongola state to being the governor of Plateau state.
Anybody who have stayed in Plateau state,will tell you that never in the history of the state,has any governor performed the near magic achievement of Gov Jang,he was able to change the face of Jos with very lean resources.Even the present APC governor can attest to the fact that given 20yrs he may not be able to achieve a quarter of Jangs developmental strides.
Even Jangs worst enemies in Jos will always tell you that Jang is the president Nigeria is searching for,severally Efcc had made efforts in the past to pick him up for political reasons but they more the try,they more the find it had to pin him down with any irregularities,his contract sums are usually very small to compare with similar elsewhere.
Even Magu Effc chairman's conscience will be pricking him for holding a noble and incorruptable innocent Nigeria against his wish but for political expediency and so that the wish of his masters in Abuja will be fulfilled.
PMB,Magu,Lalong etc all will definately have a date with justice for touching an innocent man,nemesis is lurking by the corner.
You well so? they said somebody is a thief, you are giving us history lesson of what he did in his state, wetin concern us with that one?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by possibility1234: 8:46am On May 11, 2018
But APC also has former governors, are they saints

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by MrGreenMavro: 8:58am On May 11, 2018
wink
Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by ayusco85(m): 8:58am On May 11, 2018
When you were embezzling the billions you didn't know you had diabetes.

You are paying for been the cause of Joshua Pwajoks death.

Rot In Jail

5 Likes

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by Buhari2019: 8:59am On May 11, 2018
Corruption using sickness to fight back.

3 Likes

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by ZeeBaba17(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2018
why is it that anytime anybody is held for an offence you begin to hear one sickness or the other but come to election time nobody wants to agree that they are sick??

2 Likes

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by ZarahBuhari: 8:59am On May 11, 2018
How won't you now have diabetes when you used the monies to lick sugar, sweet, candy and chewing gum.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by HeWrites(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2018
Diabetes kii you dia
Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by Nobody: 8:59am On May 11, 2018
Since your health condition didn't stop you from stealing, it shouldn't stop you from going to jail.

3 Likes

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by Nobody: 9:00am On May 11, 2018
They should be giving him his drugs in jail please. He ain't going nowhere. Aimoye sick people in Kirkiri and Igbeba Prison.

3 Likes

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by alphaconde(m): 9:00am On May 11, 2018
forget about bail just try and jail them

sharp politicians sharp trial all this bail stories na waste of time.

if buhari no fir jail one politician for this e first tenure then he is as bad as the pdp goverment, even evans still awaiting trial.

rubbish judiciary

1 Like

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by obailala(m): 9:00am On May 11, 2018
"They simply want to kill him, all because he spoke against the ruling party. How can the efcc detain a man who's diabetic?.... Just imagine how they are humiliating him, no respect given to him even as an ex statr governor. If they can do this to a governor, what's the fate of the ordinary man?... Buhari is just a tyrannical beast."

**In the voice of the usual mumus**

10 Likes

Re: N6.3bn Fraud: I Have Diabetes – Jang Cries Out From Detention by Nobody: 9:00am On May 11, 2018
Let his doctors visit him there

Miserable midget old fool.
Thief

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court Nullifies Makinde's Sack Of LGA Chairmen, Councillors In Oyo State / Gunmen Invade UNIABUJA Staff Quarters, Abduct Professor,Children, Others / Buhari Is Home Sick – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.