Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

RE: Say No To Bleached Bodies - Actress Susan Peters Shares Throwback Picture - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / RE: Say No To Bleached Bodies - Actress Susan Peters Shares Throwback Picture (417 Views)

Say No To Bleached Bodies - Susan Peters Shares Throwback Picture / Susan Peters: "Cee-c Was Disgraced, Her Bad Character Made Her Win Nothing" / Susan Peters Owing Tonia Mua As Makeup Artist Gives Her 24 Hours To Pay (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RE: Say No To Bleached Bodies - Actress Susan Peters Shares Throwback Picture by Enskynelson(m): 9:21am On May 11, 2018
This article is in response to the post here on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/4497188/say-no-bleached-bodies-susan

Bleaching: Another Perspective
I am a lover of naturalness and I advocate seriously against skin bleaching. But a perspective people are missing is this. Many Africans were not born 'that black.' Many when they were born were fair-skinned until the Sun came and turned Mary into black Maria; the once-fair skin became charcoal overtime and before you know it, we have nothing natural left of our colour. At this point, all people remember about your God-given colour is the Sun-flaked skin and your shaded look forgetting your God-given colour is the one you were born with. The truth of the matter is, a naturally dark skin can be good and enviable if kept away from the harsh rays of the Sun because it is a very delicate part of the body. My little exposition should help all those criticizing bleaching just because they feel it is a way of not being contended or proud of your 'natural look', because there is nothing natural about a Sun-burnt skin afteral. Remember, a child when born is not this black in Africa and if we were to grow under a more conducive weather, many will not think of bleaching.
All I see about most reasons from anti-bleaching advocates is hypocrisy. And here are the reasons. You first of all ignorantly call a Sun-shaded skin ‘natural’ and it doesn’t just end there. You claim they are not proud of their natural colour, yet you fix hairs, eyes lashes, fix eyeballs, fix bums, and you do make-up that make you look unnatural. Bleaching, toning etc could be a way of correcting the effect of the Sun on the skin and reverting it back to the natural way but what’s up with scraping all your eyebrows and using eye pencil to draw a line, what are you trying to make natural with your outrageous makeup? What is natural about the hair and nails you fix?
My suggestion is that, instead of just standing up to criticize bleaching all because it makes you feel people are not proud of their 'natural' colour, please do more research so that we can prevent more babies from being blackened by the tropical Sun.
Finally, for all of you bleaching guys, you better start sharing this on your wall and Whatsapp groups. At least, I have finally given you a reason to beat many blasting you for this.

CC: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
#NelThoughts #NelInspirations

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Celebrities Without Makeup, The Need To Know / ‘you Know It’s True’ – Eminem Reacts After Nicki Minaj Publicly Admit To Dating / Basketmouth Explains Why Money Is More Important Than Peace Of Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.