Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,928 members, 7,952,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Manchester City ‘hero’ Yaya Toure Ready To Play On, Ponders On Next Move - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester City ‘hero’ Yaya Toure Ready To Play On, Ponders On Next Move (730 Views)

“Talk Is Cheap” – Oshoala Backs Super Eagles To Disappoint Yaya Toure, On AFCON / Yaya Toure Leaves Olympiacos After Three Months! / Hazard Ponders On Chelsea Future : I Don’t Want To Have Any Regrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City ‘hero’ Yaya Toure Ready To Play On, Ponders On Next Move by dabblesports(m): 12:46pm On May 11, 2018
One of the English Premier League’s greatest midfielder Yaya Toure says he would like to stay in the Premier League and his decision over a move will not be motivated by money.

The Ivorian will leave current league champions Manchester City at the end of the season, ending his 8 year association with the club. Toure on Wednesday bid the fans and supporters an emotional farewell after an illustrious career with the Citizens.

Toure, 34 has won three Premier League titles since his arrival at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester City’s home ground from Barcelona in 2010, helping to transform the club into a formidable side and a force to reckon with.

The player’s agent Dimitri Seluk said earlier in the week that Toure would pay back half his wages if his next club was not satisfied with his performances.

Toure when answering questions said: “Of course, I want to stay in England, but I will take some time, thinking as always to choose the right one.

“I have maybe one or two years more to play. To go to China or Abu Dhabi, it looks for myself to get more money.
“Of course, people are going to be happy to get some money, but that’s not my point of view.

“Definitely there have been other clubs but I have to compare all the situations and if it’s good for me or not.”

The midfielder expects City to be a force again next season, but says they will have to keep improving if they are to successfully defend their Premier League title feat, something they failed to do in 2012 and 2014.

“The Premier League is the toughest in the world and I hope they are going to respond to the challenge because next season is going to be tougher,” he added.

Toure leaves behind indelible footprints that will stand the taste of time as he will always be remembered as one of the greatest midfielders to have graced the English Premier League and one of City’s finest.

www.dabbsports.com

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Launch Transfer Bid For Manchester City Target / New Manager Unai Emery Sets Sights On First Signing / Brazilian Team Makes Grand Entry To Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.