Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal (447 Views)

EU Rejects Any US Attempt To Invoke Iran Nuclear Deal / Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany / Iran’s Nuclear Site Hit By Earthquake Of 4.9 Magnitude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by Colossusgist(m): 12:54pm On May 11, 2018
Days after the US president walked away from a three-year-old deal that mandated rigorous scrutiny of Iranian facilities, senior administration officials said monitoring should continue regardless.

Known officially as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), the deal between Tehran and major world powers forces Iran to open any site to inspectors within 24 days at most and introduced 24-hour remote surveillance at some sites.

Supporters of the Obama-era accord argue it provided “the world’s most robust” monitoring regime, allowing access to the Islamic republic’s most sensitive nuclear sites.

Speaking at a rally in Indiana on Thursday Trump said tough inspections were still needed.

“We must be able to go to a site and check that site. We have to be able to go into their military bases to see whether or not they’re cheating,” he said.

The White House is demanding the existing inspection regime, however imperfect, continue under the aegis of the International Atomic Energy Agency, the UN nuclear watchdog.

“We expect Iran will continue to implement the Additional Protocol and cooperate with the IAEA whether or not the JCPOA remains in place,” one senior administration official said.

A second official confirmed to AFP on Thursday that Washington still wanted the inspections.

Other signatories to the Iran deal — including Tehran, China and European powers — have vowed to press ahead with the agreement’s implementation.

But officials are privately skeptical about how long it can survive, particularly if the United States imposes sanctions on European companies doing business in Iran.

And non-proliferation experts have warned that a vital window into Iran’s nuclear activities could be lost....

[b]Continue Source[/b]http://www.colossusgists.com/2018/05/us-wants-iran-nuclear-inspections-to.html

Re: U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by Donald95(m): 1:09pm On May 11, 2018
They ought to be monitored jhor. Don't mind Obama

If you allow those guys, they will sell weapons to this Terrorist in Abuja which he will give to his brothers to bomb the south
Re: U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by CSTR1003: 1:12pm On May 11, 2018
A Muslim nation with nukes?
Madness.
Re: U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by Crocky23: 1:24pm On May 11, 2018
This is like eating your cake and having your cake.

I hate racist Donald Trump.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 11, 2018
Trump knows what he is doing and Iran is also smart by not playing the fire for fire game if not they would have fallen into Trump's hand.

Iran should continue the deal with the other countries and not play into the hands of a man who is unpredictable.

That's just my opinion please.
Thank u...
Re: U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by Randy100: 1:33pm On May 11, 2018
Trump is speaking tough, that is how you know a leader. I can't be paying you not to produce missiles. Produce it and I will crush you.
Re: U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by AZeD1(m): 7:16pm On May 11, 2018
Randy100:
Trump is speaking tough, that is how you know a leader. I can't be paying you not to produce missiles. Produce it and I will crush you.

Nobody was paying Iran.

If Trump and his people were serious, they would have known that the "deal" was basically "We will remove economic sanctions in exchange for inspecting your nuclear sites".

Trump has broken the deal Iran should kick out those inspectors.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by AZeD1(m): 7:17pm On May 11, 2018
Donald95:
They ought to be monitored jhor. Don't mind Obama

If you allow those guys, they will sell weapons to this Terrorist in Abuja which he will give to his brothers to bomb the south

Another uninformed individual who has no clue what the deal was about.
Re: U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by tolexy007(m): 9:02pm On May 11, 2018
Crocky23:
This is like eating your cake and having your cake.

I hate racist Donald Trump.

Who cares? God bless Trump

1 Like

Re: U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by Oches4me(m): 9:15pm On May 11, 2018
CSTR1003:
A Muslim nation with nukes?

Madness.
i can see the madness over u, but christain should be allow to own weapons of mass destruction.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Wants Iran Nuclear Inspections To Continue Despite Withdrawal by Lucasbalo(m): 2:47am On May 12, 2018
AZeD1:

Nobody was paying Iran.

If Trump and his people were serious, they would have known that the "deal" was basically "We will remove economic sanctions in exchange for inspecting your nuclear sites".

Trump has broken the deal Iran should kick out those inspectors.
Gbam.

(1) (Reply)

Finally! Donald Trump Host Breakfast For Muslim Holy Month Of Ramadan / Mexican Politician,The 112th Since September,Shot Dead Point Blank On The Head / Can Someone Shed More Light On This Ongoing Trade War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.