Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. (47952 Views)

"Stupid Journalist": Compilation Of FFK's Abusive Words Against Osinbajo / Buhari Presented With A Compilation Of Throwback Photos From His Military Career / Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures (2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by DanielsParker(m): 7:48pm On May 11, 2018
this brought tears to my eyes. I wish I were born then

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by lawrenc5m: 7:49pm On May 11, 2018
shamecurls:

Be patient. His Excellence , President Mohmmadu Buhari (GCFR) is taking us to where we rightfully belong

It's all about time, belief and perseverance
is this person in this country.....so blind

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by fucktoto: 7:50pm On May 11, 2018
foooolani and terrorism.

they were observing the traffic light and wondering if they could make it explode. angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7096158_fbimg1526044033879_jpeg6e57dfaec03f5d5a201b050106e7c692

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by freedomchild: 7:51pm On May 11, 2018
All I can see are bunch of slaves and there masters... Ojukwu appeared in a position that if implemented could change Africa's history... Those days are gone.. Biafra is the answer

5 Likes

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by martowskin1(m): 7:57pm On May 11, 2018
The most educative post for the past 3months

3 Likes

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by InvertedHammer: 7:58pm On May 11, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by pasol4real(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2018
CaptainBUGGY:
Mostly southwest, south south and north.... Wonder what our blodas from the yeast were doing during those times
Go ask your father ,in those days the north ,west n the rest of nigeris were no where near the igbos .
There was a popular saying then " the igbos n the rest of Nigeria.
The enchanter is obviously a tribalistic Afonja.

3 Likes

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 11, 2018
now let the thread burn from the second page on.. lol
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by fucktoto: 8:04pm On May 11, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
Just stop abeg, stop calling the old bastards that enjoyed Nigeria but all they gave back was suffering and military coups
These pictures no make you vex?

na zombie be dat. why he go vex?

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by mokt(m): 8:05pm On May 11, 2018
Nice pix. Does anyone else feel some kind of connection with the Vintage pix? I really love the Shiba Peter's and the Almagamation pix.

2 Likes

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by OjomaBrown: 8:19pm On May 11, 2018
God bless you for sharing
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by SAD007(m): 8:20pm On May 11, 2018
Thank you for posting all this.. remain great, we pray and hope Nigeria rises from her ashes.
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by sholla20(m): 8:25pm On May 11, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

The mumu in this Northerners didnt start with Buhari coming to commission a bus stop in Lagos......his ancestors went all the way to London to inspect traffic light...
ahba, savage at it's peak

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Ishilove: 8:27pm On May 11, 2018
theenchanter:
1....... Hugo Weaving of "Matrix" was born in Ibadan, Nigeria. He has three nationalities, Nigeria, UK and Australia.

2......Nike Ogundaye of "Nike arts gallery" with no formal education but lectures at Harvard.

3......Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo with that agbada.

4....... Queen Elizabeth with a Benin king, chief Awolowo was there too.
Baba was born with swag cheesy
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Ishilove: 8:30pm On May 11, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

The mumu in this Northerners didnt start with Buhari coming to commission a bus stop in Lagos......his ancestors went all the way to London to inspect traffic light...
This is cold

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Olatara(f): 8:30pm On May 11, 2018
mansakhalifa:

True...

But then,did you know that we missed a slim chance to reconstruct history sometime between 1957 and 1959?

If you 've read what I 've read,then you will know what I know and what I mean.
Pls tell me, I want to know

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by sirgalahad26(m): 8:33pm On May 11, 2018
Oh God of creation help restore the glory of this great nation!
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Banmeallday: 8:42pm On May 11, 2018
all I see is a place put together by Oyibo and called Area for Niggers....
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 11, 2018
shocked shocked
This is interesting.
When men were patriotic and Nigeria was d best of brides.
We shall reclaim our pride as a nation.
So help us God!
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by gidjah(m): 8:46pm On May 11, 2018
Some of us who were born at a time. When there's little hope for this nation would understand better,i grew up in this Nigeria and was a bit wise in the Early 80's.life was still fair and hopes were still high, I still remember taking 1 kobo. To school for 5 working days and yet bring back some shillings home.later it was 5kobo for 5 school days in th secondary school.we though Things will get better and kept praying, suddenly it was 1# to school and then #5...chei!this nation started getting bad no be today o.i remembered paying 108#as my 3yrs school fees in the seconary school.as soon as buhari came in the 80's and left office for daddy IBB, things started getting out of hands,prices of things started getting high,inflation was d major cause of this.money Started flowing over without control,i still recalled sighting heavy heavy notes of bails of money with military dad,the then govt destroyed Nigeria gradually through inflation and high level corruption

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Ttipsy(f): 8:49pm On May 11, 2018
first nigerian civil engineer?? Igbos making us proud since bc

3 Likes

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 11, 2018
Ishilove:

Baba was born with swag cheesy

No yorobberz invented swag.

Put anyone in agbada and the swag is instantaneous.

Not like those grown men tying wrapper or wearing adopted attire for oyibos

My tribalistic troll for the day

Ain't no swagger like yorova swagga cause Yoruba swagga na da alpha and omega
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by uuzba(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2018
theenchanter:
1...... originally designed Nigerian flag by Taiwo Akinkunmi

2........ Alake of egbaland in London.

3....... gas station in Lagos 1957

4...... Thomas Sankara of Burkina Faso with Abami-eda in Feb 1987, Sankara was later assassinated in Oct that year.

Uncle, shake not. We were colonised by British people who speak English. And accordingly that place is called a petrol station because petrol is sold there not gas.
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Ishilove: 8:55pm On May 11, 2018
oyb:

No yorobberz invented swag.

Put anyone in agbada and the swag is instantaneous.

Not like those grown men tying wrapper or wearing adopted attire for oyibos

My tribalistic troll for the day

Ain't no swagger like yorova swagga cause Yoruba swagga na da alpha and omega
Smh

1 Like

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by ogbiwa: 8:57pm On May 11, 2018
When I see pictures like this, this line from our anthem comes to mind: "...the labours of our heroes past shall never be in vain...". Truly, men and women bled and sacrificed to give this country a hope and a future, but today what do we have? Urchins and misfits hell bent on ravaging what is left of the country these people suffered for. I wonder if they're turning in their graves at the sight of what the country has become? I believe this country shall rise still and be great, I have to...it's the only country we have and that our children will grow up to call theirs. In this instance those words have become prayers and action words... indeed the labors of these heroes shall not be a waste at the end of the day. Nostalgic photos you got there OP

3 Likes

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by ifyboy60(m): 8:58pm On May 11, 2018
SweetJoystick:
mallam must always be mallam, see as he siddon for floorilluminati no be today, e Don tey

Oga dat is not iluminati I believe its the star of david
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 11, 2018
Ishilove:

Smh

So much Yoruba swag you had to use a Yoruba meme

cheesy grin cool

Oti recognize. O ti da mo
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by pinkyruledworld(m): 9:03pm On May 11, 2018
theenchanter:
1....... Hugo Weaving of "Matrix" was born in Ibadan, Nigeria. He has three nationalities, Nigeria, UK and Australia.

2......Nike Ogundaye of "Nike arts gallery" with no formal education but lectures at Harvard.

3......Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo with that agbada.

4....... Queen Elizabeth with a Benin king, chief Awolowo was there too.
Baba be forming O.G #EBORAOWU
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Gift101(m): 9:14pm On May 11, 2018
SweetJoystick:
illuminati no be today, e Don tey

LMAO Guy u read my mind
Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by uuzba(m): 9:20pm On May 11, 2018
Blackfire:
This can only bring tears to your eyes...

See so much potentials and wonderful future.

What happened... What happened... What happened?

Education was insulted and destroyed.
Illiterates joined the military. Took up weapons and created a civil war. Then led the country amiss for 30years. Educated people gave up and left which we call "brain drain".
Today's youth are all ass lickers. They will not condemn the injustice of the elite but rather lick ass and get paid for it.
Idiots steal the mace at the house of assembly. Thieves run as senators. Nobody condemns them for their N30,000,000 monthly salary because they've been brain washed by cheating pastors never to question the BIG MAN WHO EARNS BIG MONEY.
No emphasis on "Character" anymore.

Just SCORE the highest marks in school (kill, kidnap, bribe and cheat - nobody will ask that part)
Pay the biggest Tithe in Church OPENLY (Kill, kidnap, bribe and cheat - nobody will ask that part)
Throw the most lavish traditional and white wedding ceremonies(kill, kidnap, bribe and cheat - nobody will ask that part)
F*ck around on music videos with shoe, watch, cars and prostitutes (kill, kidnap, bribe and cheat - nobody will ask that part)
-
We killed CHARACTER. That is what happened in Nigeria. And boko haram will continue to mock us and kill us because we are so foolish unto each other. If they can get €1,000,000 for kidnapping a bunch of girls which office work do you want to give them again?

When they were operating their local industries, were you patronising them? Or you used all your money yo buy imported goods and enrich foreign nations to the detriment of your own? As you have imported more foreign products (toothpick), so has the value of your currency fallen from £1 - N1 to £1 - N500.

Praising an rewarding liars, thieves and cheats.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Compilation Of Vintage Nigerian Pictures. by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 11, 2018
mmsen:

No. Do tell.

First of all Google this: How Zik stopped Nigeria from breaking up in 1957 and see the result you will get.

At that conference,the British granted autonomy to the Eastern and Western region,whilst scheduling that of the Northern region for 1959.

From my little research[reading and documentaries] and what the old men in my family told me,the British had toyed with a plan to split their 1914 creation i.e. Nigeria into 3 separate countries. That would have meant that the Eastern and Western and Northern Regions would have been allowed to go their separate ways.

But unfortunately,guess who truncated it?
NCNC supremos.

Hope this helps...?

I stopped laying the blame squarely at the foot of the British after I read that damning chapter of that history textbook that hot afternoon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Agents Caught With Cash And Bag Of Rice In Osun Governorship Election / Girl Killed By Stray Bullet In Orlu As Unknown Gunmen Clash With Soldiers PHOTOS / Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.