Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,503 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Relocating Back To Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Relocating Back To Nigeria (1325 Views)

About Relocating To Nigeria From The United States / Medical Doctor Relocating To Nigeria Needs Advice / Relocating Back To Nigeria (To Lecture In University) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating Back To Nigeria by Devonian(m): 2:56pm On May 22, 2010
After over 10 years in the UK where I obtained my bachelor's, master's and doctorate degrees, in addition to teaching for a few years, I am planning to return to Nigeria and contribute my own quota to my fatherland. I intend taking up a teaching appointment in a University, preferably a Federal University.

Is there anybody on Nairaland who, as professionals or academics returned home from UK, USA, Canada or Australia, who can share their experiences with me here on:
(a) what to expect; and
(b) the pitfalls to avoid.
If you do not fall into this category please DO NOT respond to this posting. I need ONLY professionals or academics (not hustlers, no offence intended, please!) who have already experienced returning home after a long spell in European, North American and Australasia countries.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 22, 2010
You should have allowed other views and get different ideas.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria by Spyker: 5:56pm On May 22, 2010
olas2u:

You should have allowed other views and get different ideas.
Exactly.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria by Kc0022000(m): 7:12pm On May 22, 2010
No wonder your thread got close to no replies. Not everyone with degree are actually educated
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 7:44pm On May 22, 2010
The private universities will pay you more money, and give you a much more condusive environment.
There are a bunch of good private schools around nowadays.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria by Onyeara: 8:17pm On May 22, 2010
My friend we cannot advise you based on the information you provided here. Could you please tell us your area of specialty and the locations you will like to settle.By location, I meant east west etc. All I can say for now is that most universities should be able to absorb you at lecturer 1 level since you have got some teaching experience. Though  some might lay emphasis on your previous work/publications to be able to take you at level1.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:06am On May 23, 2010
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 23, 2010
I dont even think you can survive the office politics.But there are now so many private universities,and Lagos business school is highly rated in Africa,and it welcomes people like you,but The federal universities i think you have to know people to even get placement,you are not the only person coming to Nigeria,They are so many,somebody i know just left and he as started to teach in Rivers,and is experiences are better imagined.You must have the heart of a lion.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria by olaolabiy: 11:26pm On May 23, 2010
@OP,
YOU ARE SOOOO ARROGANT! mr professional. yeye guy. professor of black studies.
Re: Relocating Back To Nigeria by olaolabiy: 11:31pm On May 23, 2010
i can even pick out some errors in your posts, mr professional. what you have, hundreds of people have them on this forum. you need 'help'.

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Bank MD/CEO Live On Twitter. @godwin_fiele / Dredge Masters/ Dredge Trainers Jobs And Careers / GL 08 Salary @ Federal Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.