Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. (1962 Views)

Why God Didn't Kill Pharaoh / Why God Didn't Help Leah Sharibu! / Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Martinez19(m): 6:55pm On May 11, 2018
No matter what tragedy a christian faces, other christians are fond of saying "God hasn't/never/can't/will never abandon you" grin seriously, let's take a look at some examples.

CHRISTIAN: I lost my whole family in a car accident.
ANOTHER CHRISTIAN:"God hasn't/never/can't/will never abandon you" grin

CHRISTIAN: I have spent five years in jail for something I didn't do and I have seven more years to go.

THOMAS: the doctor said I have stomach cancer.

**** Four months later Thomas is dead ****

THOMAS'S SON: My dad died of stomach cancer

For logic's sake, the same can be made for gods of other religion and I am sure if all these happened to a Muslim, many christians will laugh at the muslim god's inefficiency forgetting that their's isn't better.

Can any christian on Nairaland tell me what, in this life, can happen to someone who god has abandoned that can't happen to someone who God hasn't abandoned? grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Partnerbiz(f): 7:01pm On May 11, 2018
going to be debated
Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 11, 2018
following
Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Martinez19(m): 7:26pm On May 11, 2018
Butterflyleo aka butterflylion aka butterl1on, felixomor aka felixmor0n, analice107, OLAADEGBU, Goodmuyis, originalkalokalo and other nairaland theists come and answer.
Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by felixomor: 7:49pm On May 11, 2018
Martinez19:
Butterflyleo aka butterflylion aka butterl1on, felixomor aka felixmor0n, analice107, OLAADEGBU, Goodmuyis, originalkalokalo and other nairaland theists come and answer.
Another useless thread undecided

3 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by hopefulLandlord: 7:51pm On May 11, 2018
I've always asked what observable tragedy can only happen to someone a god has abandoned?

The only person that tried answering that said only someone the Christian god has abandoned "would fall and not rise" but wasn't able to tell us what constitutes the falling and the rising. If a Christian's health goes from 100% to 5% and he dies, did he fall and rise or fell and didn't rise?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Butterflyleo: 8:09pm On May 11, 2018
Martinez19:
No matter what tragedy a christian faces, other christians are fond of saying "God hasn't/never/can't/will never abandon you" grin seriously, let's take a look at some examples.

CHRISTIAN: I have spent five years in jail for something I didn't do and I have seven more years to go.

For logic's sake, the same can be made for gods of other religion and I am sure if all these happened to a Muslim, many christians will laugh at the muslim god's inefficiency forgetting that their's isn't better.

Can any christian on Nairaland tell me what, in this life, can happen to someone who god has abandoned that can't happen to someone who God hasn't abandoned? grin

The thread is as useless as the writer. The problem you atheists have is that you tend to think you can actually reason for God and know how he thinks and operates. You put yourself literally in Gods shoes and talk as if you knew God. Extremely laughable.

A God who sees no Ill or no tragedy in illness or death but simply sees it as either as an opportunity for US to grow and master it or for us to realise how weak we are without him (depending on who is in focus).

A God who sees death as a means to an end and not an end and as such not a tragedy despite us seeing it as a tragedy due to our limited scope of view and insight.

Yet your OP paints death as terrible.
You see a Christian who did nothing but is remanded in jail as a tragedy

What you see is Ill but God sees corruption which we brought upon ourselves by not walking in the spirit and truth of His word.

He has indeed never left no forsaken us because His word is still with us and so is his comfort, assurance, joy, peace and love. Many all over the world have daily come to realise this truth as they turn and accept God as their Lord and saviour but of course trust an atheist to see things through his warped point of view as genuine.

I think you need to read about Paul and Silas when they were imprisoned for doing good and see why God allowed them to pass through that experience.

All things still ultimately work together for the God of a true believer for to him to live is Christ and to die IS GREAT GAIN. So as God requires, IN ALL THINGS WE WILL ALWAYS GIVE HIM THANKS be they what you see as good or what you see as evil.

I will echo felixomor and say this is indeed a useless thread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Martinez19(m): 8:12pm On May 11, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The thread is as useless as the writer. The problem you atheists have is that you tend to think you can actually reason for God and know how he thinks and operates. You put yourself literally in Gods shoes and talk as if you knew God. Extremely laughable.

A God who sees no I'll or no tragedy in illness or death but simply sees it as either as an opportunity for US to grow and master it or for us to realise how weak we are without him (depending on who is in focus).

A God who sees death as a means to an end and not an end and as such not a tragedy despite us seeing it as a tragedy due to our limited scope of view and insight.

Yet your OP paints death as a terrible.

What you see is I'll but God sees corruption which we brought upon ourselves by not walking in the spirit and truth of His word.

He has indeed never left no forsaken us because His word is still with us and so is had s comfort, assurance, joy, peace and love. Many all over the world have daily come to realise this truth as they turn and accept God as their Lord and saviour but of course trust an atheist to see things through his warped point of view as genuine.

I think you need to read about Paul and Silas when they were imprisoned for doing good and see why God allowed them to pass through that experience.

All things still ultimately work together for the God of a true believer for to him to live is Christ and to die IS GREAT GAIN. So as God requires, IN ALL THINGS WE WILL ALWAYS GIVE HIM THANKS be they what you see as good or what you see as evil.

question is, what can happen to someone God has abandoned that can't happen to someone God hasn't abandoned?

4 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Butterflyleo: 8:18pm On May 11, 2018
Martinez19:
question is, what can happen to someone God has abandoned that can't happen to someone God hasn't abandoned?

Question should be what would happen to one who has been abandoned when he dies (which is the final bustop for everyone) and what would happen to the one whom God has not abandoned when he dies.

Jesus said in this life we will face persecution, etc. He never promised us it would be rosy and that alone should show you how useless your thread is.

John 16:33

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Another translation says and I quote

Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Your criteria for abandonment is what true believers yet rejoice over.

Enjoy your useless and vacuous thread. Try not to attempt using me to boost comments on your empty threads next time.

2 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by hopefulLandlord: 8:21pm On May 11, 2018
Martinez19:

Nothing!

1 Like

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Tonyosas101(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2018
Butterflyleo:

A God who sees no Ill or no tragedy in illness or death but simply sees it as either as an opportunity for US to grow and master it or for us to realise how weak we are without him (depending on who is in focus).

Yet your OP paints death as terrible.

What you see is Ill but God sees corruption which we brought upon ourselves by not walking in the spirit and truth of His word.

He has indeed never left no forsaken us because His word is still with us and so is his comfort, assurance, joy, peace and love. Many all over the world have daily come to realise this truth as they turn and accept God as their Lord and saviour but of course trust an atheist to see things through his warped point of view as genuine.

Do you know how God thinks & operate?
can you reason for God??

5 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by GoodMuyis(m): 9:09pm On May 11, 2018
Martinez19:

Nonsense coming out of bird's mouth,
Trash coming from opposition party,
If you dont have something better or new to say, why cant you be like your Brother S and be silent about God that does not exist.

(Prov 17:28 [KJV])
Even a fool(atheist), when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.
Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Deckline(m): 9:14pm On May 11, 2018
grin grin All these old,unfortunate factory workers will just recharge 100naira and log on to nairaland and be claiming to be atheists. grin Atheists are in in Europe. Those we have here on nairaland are just Artistes acting like Atheists. After they log out now,they will be begging God for forgiveness. Attention seekers! I'm just here to read comments jare.

2 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Butterflyleo: 9:26pm On May 11, 2018
Tonyosas101:

Do you know how God thinks & operate?
can you reason for God??

I believe your question should go to the OP and not to me. Besides if I were to be asked such a question as you just did then I would answer you by telling you to look to Gods word and the guidance of his spirit for it is the spirit of God which takes from God and reveals the will of God to us in accordance to his word.

This is one thing an atheist does not have knowledge or insight into so when they try to "analyse" why God does what he does they do so from the position of their carnal selves and thus miss the entire plot totally yet deceive themselves into thinking they are right in their empty reasoning.

Romans 11:33

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Isaiah 55: 8-9

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts

Yet an atheist seems to think he knows how God thinks and operates.

Common sense isn't truly common.

2 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by M0ron: 9:37pm On May 11, 2018
Martinez19:

Eternal condemnation
Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Martinez19(m): 9:38pm On May 11, 2018
Deckline:
grin grin All these old,unfortunate factory workers will just recharge 100naira and log on to nairaland and be claiming to be atheists. grin Atheists are in in Europe. Those we have here on nairaland are just Artistes acting like Atheists. After they log out now,they will be begging God for forgiveness. Attention seekers! I'm just here to read comments jare.
grin wakanda shIt is this? grin
Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Deckline(m): 9:43pm On May 11, 2018
Martinez19:
grin wakanda shIt is this? grin
Oh great! Factory worker sighted!
Ask your sh!tty brained "wanna be" atheists cheesy cheesy you are not an atheist. You guys are just unfortunate cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by M0ron: 9:52pm On May 11, 2018
Deckline:

Ask your sh!tty brained "wanna be" atheists cheesy cheesy you are not an atheist. You guys are just unfortunate cheesy

grin
Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Martinez19(m): 10:17pm On May 11, 2018
Deckline:

You must be a mind reader or have a cctv to know that me and other nairaland atheists are factory workers and unfortunate. Don't you know that there are christians who are factory workers and unfortunate? What bearing does someone's status and fortune have on the existence of God? SMH

6 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by Deckline(m): 6:27am On May 12, 2018
Martinez19:
You must be a mind reader or have a cctv to know that me and other nairaland atheists are factory workers and unfortunate. Don't you know that there are christians who are factory workers and unfortunate? What bearing does someone's status and fortune have on the existence of God? SMH
e pain am grin grin Stop deceiving yourself boy. You are just confused. If you don't have any sensible topic to create,use your 10MB wisely. grin Atheist my foot!! You guys just want attention. Its unfortunate sha. grin

2 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by dalaman: 10:38am On May 12, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I believe your question should go to the OP and not to me. Besides if I were to be asked such a question as you just did then I would answer you by telling you to look to Gods word and the guidance of his spirit for it is the spirit of God which takes from God and reveals the will of God to us in accordance to his word.

When did any God appear to you PERSONALLY and tell you that he has any word? When where and how did that happen? Or did you just accept the words of other men hook line and sinker that claimed to.speak for a particularversion and idea of God they imagined?

You started by claiming in your first post that atheist think they can reason for God then you then went ahead to do the very same thing. You reasoned for your God and served as his mouth piece using your own reasoning as to why he does things or allow them. I keep telling you that if your God exist as advertised you will never be his mouth piece. You are only projecting what you feel God should do and dishing it out to us as if it means anything.

This is one thing an atheist does not have knowledge or insight into so when they try to "analyse" why God does what he does they do so from the position of their carnal selves and thus miss the entire plot totally yet deceive themselves into thinking they are right in their empty reasoning.

Yet an atheist seems to think he knows how God thinks and operates.

Common sense isn't truly common.

All.these are empty platitudes the inventors of your God use to keep people quiet and in line. They know the God they advertise does not act as they want it to act so they lie to themselves and others that his ways are not like theirs, when a simple reading of the bible shows that not to be true. The God of the bible that in some places calls humans to reason with him is the same God that in other places says that his ways are not the same with that of humans. Contradictory nonsense. It's always one contradiction or the other laced with empty platitudes.

If common sense is common you won't be living your life hanging and depending on man made mythology and fictions as you do. Some ancient men invented a God idea and here you are grabbing it and depending on their fictional ideas totally, yet you still have the guts to say that common sense isn't common when you are the perfect example to show that it isn't.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by dalaman: 10:39am On May 12, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Nonsense coming out of bird's mouth,
Trash coming from opposition party,
If you dont have something better or new to say, why cant you be like your Brother S and be silent about God that does not exist.

(Prov 17:28 [KJV])
Even a fool(atheist), when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding.

Yahweh is a fool. Anybody that believes in Yahweh is also a fool.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by AwesomeDuru(m): 11:29am On May 12, 2018
dalaman:

When did any God appear to you PERSONALLY and tell you that he has any word? When where and how did that happen? Or did you just accept the words of other men hook line and sinker that claimed to.speak for a particularversion and idea of God they imagined?

You started by claiming in your first post that atheist think they can reason for God then you then went ahead to do the very same thing. You reasoned for your God and served as his mouth piece using your own reasoning as to why he does things or allow them. I keep telling you that if your God exist as advertised you will never be his mouth piece. You are only projecting what you feel God should do and dishing it out to us as if it means anything.

All.these are empty platitudes the inventors of your God use to keep people quiet and in line. They know the God they advertise does not act as they want it to act so they lie to themselves and others that his ways are not like theirs, when a simple reading of the bible shows that not to be true. The God of the bible that in some places calls humans to reason with him is the same God that in other places says that his ways are not the same with that of humans. Contradictory nonsense. It's always one contradiction or the other laced with empty platitudes.

If common sense is common you won't be living your life hanging and depending on man made mythology and fictions as you do. Some ancient men invented a God idea and here you are grabbing it and depending on their fictional ideas totally, yet you still have the guts to say that common sense isn't common when you are the perfect example to show that it isn't.
Well said brother, well said. Regardless, that religious dunce will still come and confuse himself the more. Religion is our only problem in this country, I'll keep reiterating it and It's sad because it's only a few of us that are conscious of this fact, others just continue living in their dreams where a certain god comes down from the sky and carries them away. Smh

3 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by dalaman: 11:34am On May 12, 2018
Martinez19:

This is their coping mechanism. It's just a lie they tell themselves so that they can make sense out if their pet superstitions and keep believing in it.

If you ask them a direct question as you've doNE, all they can do is to come and try to redefine everything and now tell you why their God doesn't act or acts in a particular way. They will try to redefine everything and reinvent or add new meanings to things just so that they can explain absurdity away as they always do.
Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by hopefulLandlord: 12:07pm On May 12, 2018
dalaman:

This is their coping mechanism. It's just a lie they tell themselves so that they can make sense out if their pet superstitions and keep believing in it.

If you ask them a direct question as you've doNE, all they can do is to come and try to redefine everything and now tell you why their God doesn't act or acts in a particular way. They will try to redefine everything and reinvent or add new meanings to things just so that they can explain absurdity away as they always do.

I think Christians that agree there's really nothing that can only happen to non Christians should take their time to correct the wrong preachings by pastors and evangelists

When you hear preachers preaching they'll tell you about how your life in Jesus would be sweet, how all your problems would go away or at least your life would improve if you accept a Jew killed by three nails in a Small Israeli village aeons ago died for your sins. This is what preachers and evangelists preach. Infact they'll say the issues you're going through are there because you lack Jesus and haven't given your life to him, they use real life examples like
"You've been struggling and can't make ends meet"
"Your mates are making it and they've left you behind"
"your marriage has been barren, no children"
"You can't get a spouse, they're all turning your proposals down or they're not proposing (for the women)"
"you lost your job"
"You're fighting a disease, your health is deteriorating. doctors have given you just a few more years to live"

They tell listeners Jesus is the answer, they'll then cite examples of people who've been married for years with no children but pregnancy came almost as soon as they gave their lives to Christ. examples of people who's business boomed as soon as they accepted Jewish mythology. They'll talk about a jobless person who got a high paying job as soon as he accepted zombies rose out of their graves and walked around Jerusalem. They'll talk about how they drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank because they believed Jesus flew bodily out of earth

They'll spice it up with testimony time where people would come out and say they dodged a bullet by the power of a Jew amongst many other ridiculous stories

This is the Christianity preachers and evangelists sell to the non Christians and they get a few members here and there from such messages but such converts finds out very quickly that this new Awesome life in Christ falls far short of some kind of divinely orchestrated masterpiece. They have that sickness, their businesses are still failing, they still haven't gotten the child, their marriage is still unloving, still no fiancé or fiancée, still can't get jobs etc. infact their problems didn't disappear but probably got worse. Jesus is supposed to be divinely guiding their new lives from morning pee to dreamland and everything in between, but it seems that the Christians have a "plain ole life" just like all the heathen and unbelievers. infact there's NO difference between their former lives and this new one

I'm of the opinion that those Christians that think the way these preachers package and sell Christianity is wrong owe it to Jesus to pushback against it and call out these preachers for not preaching the way its supposed to be. But they won't do that, why? I have a theory. its the same reason adverts of most drugs talk about what sickness the drug would cure but its when you buy it that you see its side effects in barely visible fine print on the container of the drug. its the same reason fast food companies print unrealistic pictures of burgers, looking "sexy" and 100000% bigger than its life size. Its the same reason designer clothing companies Photoshop their models to make them look unrealistically sexy in their clothes etc Christianity is just another business and lies are welcome cuz the end justifies the means.....just like most of the pharmaceutical, fast food and clothing businesses

5 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by dalaman: 12:23pm On May 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I think Christians that agree there's really nothing that can only happen to non Christians should take their time to correct the wrong preachings by pastors and evangelists

When you hear preachers preaching they'll tell you about how your life in Jesus would be sweet, how all your problems would go away or at least your life would improve if you accept a Jew killed by three nails in a Small Israeli village aeons ago died for your sins. This is what preachers and evangelists preach. Infact they'll say the issues you're going through are there because you lack Jesus and haven't given your life to him, they use real life examples like
"You've been struggling and can't make ends meet"
"Your mates are making it and they've left you behind"
"your marriage has been barren, no children"
"You can't get a spouse, they're all turning your proposals down or they're not proposing (for the women)"
"you lost your job"
"You're fighting a disease, your health is deteriorating. doctors have given you just a few more years to live"

They tell listeners Jesus is the answer, they'll then cite examples of people who've been married for years with no children but pregnancy came almost as soon as they gave their lives to Christ. examples of people who's business boomed as soon as they accepted Jewish mythology. They'll talk about a jobless person who got a high paying job as soon as he accepted zombies rose out of their graves and walked around Jerusalem. They'll talk about how they drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank because they believed Jesus flew bodily out of earth

They'll spice it up with testimony time where people would come out and say they dodged a bullet by the power of a Jew amongst many other ridiculous stories

This is the Christianity preachers and evangelists sell to the non Christians and they get a few members here and there from such messages but such converts finds out very quickly that this new Awesome life in Christ falls far short of some kind of divinely orchestrated masterpiece. They have that sickness, their businesses are still failing, they still haven't gotten the child, their marriage is still unloving, still no fiancé or fiancée, still can't get jobs etc. infact their problems didn't disappear but probably got worse. Jesus is supposed to be divinely guiding their new lives from morning pee to dreamland and everything in between, but it seems that the Christians have a "plain ole life" just like all the heathen and unbelievers. infact there's NO difference between their former lives and this new one

I'm of the opinion that those Christians that think the way these preachers package and sell Christianity is wrong owe it to Jesus to pushback against it and call out these preachers for not preaching the way its supposed to be

I've said it many times before that the way Christians talk to each other about their faith is totally different from the way they talk when they encounter atheist.

When talking to each other they repeat all what you've stated while beating their chest, but when cornered by the atheist they always throw the bible under the bus or deny that which they proclaim and try to run away from it.

They will clearly tell each other that God will never forsake them because they are his children or he always has answers to their situation and wont let them down, he'll always shield them from troubles and dangers etc, but when an atheist ask them for practical examples they deny everything they've said or stood for and start crying that you are carnal bla bla bla. That's the escape tactics they use always to keep deluding themselves.

Most Christians are not true believers. When they see a fellow Christian that is truly displaying his/her faith they begin to berate the person, for example when they see a Christian that refuses to go to the hospital and chooses to obey what the Bible says by going to the church elders or simply believing that Jesus will heal him/ her when he/she prays and it fails like it always does, they'll start crying that the bible didn't actually mean what it says or that the Christians were foolish and lack wisdom or some other silly excuse that they always throw around.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by hopefulLandlord: 12:35pm On May 12, 2018
dalaman:

I've said it many times before that the way Christians talk to each other about their faith is totally different from the way they talk when they encounter atheist.

When talking to each other they repeat all what you've stated while beating their chest, but when cornered by the atheist they always throw the bible under the bus or deny that which they proclaim and try to run away from it.

They will clearly tell each other that God will never forsake them because they are his children or he always has answers to their situation and wont let them down, hell always shield them from troubles and dangers etc, but when an atheist ask them for practical examples they deny everything they've said or stood for and start crying that you are carnal bla bla bla. That's the escape tactics they use always to keep deluding themselves.

Most Christians are not true believers. When they see a fellow Christian that is truly displaying his/her faith they begin to berate the person, for example when they see a Christian that refuses to go to the hospital and chooses to obey what the Bible says by going to the church elders or simply believing that Jesus will heal him when he/she praysaid and it fails like it always does, they'll start crying that the bible didn't actually mean what it says or that the Christians were foolish and lack wisdom or some other silly excuse that they always throw around.

So true bro, so true

About your sickness example, if that person who went to elders "get better" and she comes to church to give testimony about how she refused to go to the hospital but simply prayed and got healed. these same Christians that would've criticised her if her situation got worse would be the same hailing the testimony and saying the person applied "biblical principles". They always chose the most convenient side after the fact

3 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by dalaman: 12:49pm On May 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

So true bro, so true

About your sickness example, if that person who went to elders "get better" and she comes to church to give testimony about how she refused to go to the hospital but simply prayed and got healed. these same Christians that would've criticised her if her situation got worse would be the same hailing the testimony and saying the person applied "biblical principles". They always chose the most convenient side after the fact

If the person comes and shares a testimony that she was healed (which mostly happens after the person have used medication at home) they'll say the person applied biblical principles, if it fails as it mostly does, then the person lacks wisdom and wasn't suppose to take what was written literally.

It's always a win win situation for them with their dubious ways.

1 Like

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by frank317: 4:59pm On May 12, 2018
dalaman:

They will clearly tell each other that God will never forsake them because they are his children or he always has answers to their situation and wont let them down, he'll always shield them from troubles and dangers etc, but when an atheist ask them for practical examples they deny everything they've said or stood for and start crying that you are carnal bla bla bla. That's the escape tactics they use always to keep deluding themselves.

Most Christians are not true believers. When they see a fellow Christian that is truly displaying his/her faith they begin to berate the person, for example when they see a Christian that refuses to go to the hospital and chooses to obey what the Bible says by going to the church elders or simply believing that Jesus will heal him/ her when he/she prays and it fails like it always does, they'll start crying that the bible didn't actually mean what it says or that the Christians were foolish and lack wisdom or some other silly excuse that they always throw around.

Lol... christians when preaching will tell u how ur life will be perfect with Jesus. They share tracks that only talks about how jesus saved a man from the hands of armed robbers, how they won a contract after doing the will of God, how life has been sweet since they accepted Jesus as their personal lord and saviour... but when atheists ask simple question or raise issues like the one the op raised u see their likes (butterflylion and co) being on the defensive and shamelessly pointing it out to u that the all loving, all mighty perfect Jesus never promised life will be a bed of roses... how do these guys not know they are nothing but a pile of joke

3 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by frank317: 5:02pm On May 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

So true bro, so true

Lol.. they never lose...

A christian fall sick and pray, then got heal... God becomes the greated physician

A christian falls sick prays his life out but dies... the Christian becomes a fool who should have known thay God, the greatest physician, had given doctors the brain to heal him...

I just tire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by dalaman: 5:41pm On May 12, 2018
frank317:

Lol... christians when preaching will tell u how ur life will be perfect with Jesus. They share tracks that only talks about how jesus saved a man from the hands of armed robbers, how they won a contract after doing the will of God, how life has been sweet since they accepted Jesus as their personal lord and saviour... but when atheists ask simple question or raise issues like the one the op raised u see their likes (butterflylion and co) being on the defensive and shamelessly pointing it out to u that the all loving, all mighty perfect Jesus never promised life will be a bed of roses... how do these guys not know they are nothing but a pile of joke

That's why I keep saying that they are not true believers. I've seen them berate and criticize fellow Christians that showed true belief and faith. Example of the lady that refused to take her daughter to the hospital but truly relied on prayers believing that Jesus will fulfill his word but the daughter died . Christians like image, davidylan and Co all said she lacked wisdom for relying on Jesus. Butterflyloe on the other thread equated it to hate speech when told to do as the bible said. grin.

Very funny and deluded people they are.

3 Likes

Re: The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. by dalaman: 5:42pm On May 12, 2018
frank317:

Lol.. they never lose...

A christian fall sick and pray, then got heal... God becomes the greated physician

A christian falls sick prays his life out but dies... the Christian becomes a fool who should have known thay God, the greatest physician, had given doctors the brain to heal him...

I just tire

Always a win win situation for them so that mythical beliefs can continue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesu Ni Ajinde Ati Iye / Win a free pilgrimage trip to Jerusalem and enjoy live concert with Tope Alabi / Solipsism: You Are All Alone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.