Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu (30973 Views)

Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud / FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses / Alleged Money Laundering: EFCC Closes Case Against Badeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by SBG04: 10:15pm On May 11, 2018
obailala:
Oga, I'm not a lawyer and I dont understand legal terms. What I read up there states the case was closed and there were intentions to amend; whatever that means, I have no clue. But anyone who understands how Nigeria works understands that when a case drags like this, it always ends in nothing. So please allow me to lament...
What sort of foolishness is this?? But there is Google! What is wrong with these useless youths we have today for christs sake! What kind of crass stupidity is this!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Banmeallday: 10:16pm On May 11, 2018
See why you guys are in a shi.thole...criminals get off free without injury...

EFCC is a joke and was only created to intimidate and keep folks in line—-not to prevent stealing.

The Nigger Area at its’ Finest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Doyin2(m): 10:18pm On May 11, 2018
CilicMarin:
A lot Of illiterates now on Nairaland. You read the comments above and can only shake your head about leaders of tomorrow.

They are lazy, unproductive and dumb. Many of them don't read newspapers, listen to radio for informative programmes to equip themselves intellectually.

A case at hand: "FG closes it's case against Orji Kalu" and not a single ipob commentators out 20 above understood the meaning, yet they call Buhari a Dullard...

Tufiakwa for illiterates!

I feel you.

It is very sad.

We have so many misguided,intellectually r3tarded and half baked homo sapiens on NL.

4 Likes

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by gurunlocker: 10:20pm On May 11, 2018
CilicMarin:
[s][/s]

You are still sounding dumb!

Now let me break it for you in a kindergarten way.

When a prosecutor closes its case against an accused, it mean, he/she is done presenting his/her evidence, arguments and cross examination of witnesses, on why the accused should be convicted for the alledged offences.

The Judge then calls on the defendant( accused) to open his case, that is to show the reason why he shouldn't be convicted as argued by the prosecutor.

That was what Justice Ibrahim did, by calling Orji Uzor Kalu to enter his defence on the mentioned dates.

Can you tell me more? I did not know about this?

Lol... This dunce thought you are the only one this is clear to? You know yourself this won't work, he is in your devilish party and become saint since he is singing praise of your Lord. I guess you forgot he was in PDP? 16 years, remember?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by CilicMarin: 10:22pm On May 11, 2018
obailala:
Oga, I'm not a lawyer and I dont understand legal terms. What I read up there states the case was closed and there were intentions to amend; whatever that means, I have no clue. But anyone who understands how Nigeria works understands that when a case drags like this, it always ends in nothing. So please allow me to lament...

You are still digging my brother. Always be open to learning. I have learned a lot from you also on Nairaland, hence was surprised you commented like an average ipob yoot, who doesn't read beyond headlines.

Anyway this is it:

In Criminal cases, When a prosecutor closes its case against an accused, it means, he/she is done presenting his/her evidence, arguments and cross examination of witnesses, on why the accused should be convicted for the alledged offences.

The Judge then calls on the defendant( accused) to open his case, that is to show the reason why he shouldn't be convicted as argued by the prosecutor.

That was what Justice Mohammed did, by calling on Orji Uzor Kalu to enter his defence on the mentioned dates.

Justice Mohammed Idris adjourned the case until May 30 and May 31 for defence to open their case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by gbastarlink: 10:22pm On May 11, 2018
why are u guys deceiving us...?
this government is full of propaganda and some useless fool will still be shouting sai baba.....oga oooooooo
may God help us.
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by BeijinDossier: 10:23pm On May 11, 2018
APC is a disaster. Join APC and have all your criminal cases swept under the carpet.

Bubu is a total joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by CilicMarin: 10:24pm On May 11, 2018
[s]
gurunlocker:

Can you tell me more? I did not know about this?

Lol... This dunce thought you are the only one this is clear to? You know yourself this won't work, he is in your devilish party and become saint since he is singing praise of your Lord. I guess you forgot he was in PDP? 16 years, remember?
[/s]

Senseless ipob yoots bore me!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by rabzy: 10:24pm On May 11, 2018
obailala:

Then go and get some education. Lamentation is not the solution to your ignorance.
You don't need to be a lawyer to understand some basic legal terms, if you have read novels like John Grisham or even newspaper you would know that all prosecution closes their argument and then the defence opens their own.

These are very basic terms and it's unbelievable that people didn't know this, neither did they read thru the story to gain understanding.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by jaxxy(m): 10:27pm On May 11, 2018
saaron:
Join APC and sing "Sai Baba" 3 times and your sins will be forgiven. This is how buhari's destructive regime fight corruption.
Useless govt.

An Expected sadly. Pdp will do same thing. Our democracy are anti corruption are the losers. Pdp and Apc are winners

1 Like

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Sirjamo: 10:30pm On May 11, 2018
Ipob miscreants do not know the difference between closing a case ( No more evidence or witness to present in court, now left for judge to decide for or against) and to drop charges. I am not surprised, they only know how to hawk gala sausage, and sell fake spare parts when they are not sniffing urine. Bunch of lazy illiterates.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by gurunlocker: 10:31pm On May 11, 2018
CilicMarin:
[s][/s]

Senseless ipob yoots bore me!

Lol.... You know I've been waiting for you to say this? You fell to the trap, everyone is an IPOB youth to you. That one senseless thing you always post.

Bolo ni baby sha... grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by obailala(m): 10:31pm On May 11, 2018
SBG04:

What sort of foolishness is this?? But there is Google! What is wrong with these useless youths we have today for christs sake! What kind of crass stupidity is this!
You must be a capital idiot for expecting me to know everything including jargon outside my field... A you so daft or just a repugnant imp that you can't correct a person without vomiting abuses? Animal! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by obailala(m): 10:32pm On May 11, 2018
CilicMarin:

You are still digging my brother. Always be open to learning. I have learned a lot from you also on Nairaland, hence was surprised you commented like an average ipob yoot, who doesn't read beyond headlines.

Anyway this is it:

In Criminal cases, When a prosecutor closes its case against an accused, it means, he/she is done presenting his/her evidence, arguments and cross examination of witnesses, on why the accused should be convicted for the alledged offences.

That was what Justice Mohammed did, by calling on Orji Uzor Kalu to enter his defence on the mentioned dates.

Thanks for the education bro...

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by 2016v2017: 10:32pm On May 11, 2018
GreatEngineer:
Why won't they close it when he is busy campaigning for Buhari up and down.

1 Like

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by 2016v2017: 10:33pm On May 11, 2018
saaron:
Join APC and sing "Sai Baba" 3 times and your sins will be forgiven. This is how buhari's destructive regime fight corruption.
Useless govt.

1 Like

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by mank1234(m): 10:38pm On May 11, 2018
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by obailala(m): 10:39pm On May 11, 2018
rabzy:

Then go and get some education. Lamentation is not the solution to your ignorance.
You don't need to be a lawyer to understand some basic legal terms, if you have read novels like John Grisham or even newspaper you would know that all prosecution closes their argument and then the defence opens their own.

These are very basic terms and it's unbelievable that people didn't know this, neither did they read thru the story to gain understanding.
Look here boy, I dont know who you are, but I may probably be far more educated and enlightened than you are or may ever be, and I keep learning new things everyday. Oh yes I read the title and the first few lines and got too pissed to continue; but that you understand a simple legal term which I didnt pick up at first isnt a reason for you to think you are any better than I am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by SalamRushdie: 10:42pm On May 11, 2018
CilicMarin:

Yet you call Buhari a dullard? So you don't even understand what it means for a prosecution to close its case after cross examination of witnesses and presentation of evidence so that the defendant can open his defence?

My friend both you and I know that this is the end of the case as it stand ..close up open ni...Mtcheeeew

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Doyin2(m): 10:43pm On May 11, 2018
Preator:
In a criminal case, the prosecution begins its arguments first(opening its case) presents witness then have a closing argument(closing its case) after this, the defense counsel will begin his own defence. Its a legal term that should not be interpreted literally.

Let me brake it down for them:

EFCC:"My lord I hereby close my case for the defense"

"However expect more charges"

If you still do not grab,you must be a r3tard!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by agabusta: 10:45pm On May 11, 2018
Doyin2:

I feel you.

It is very sad.

We have so many misguided,intellectually r3tarded and half baked homo sapiens on NL.

The comments following this report is the reason it's not worth it arguing with anybody on nairaland. Lots of dumb and illiterate people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by CilicMarin: 10:45pm On May 11, 2018
mank1234:

The case is withdrawn for amendment and not closed as you understand. The word might have be chosen to cause confusion.
If represented there are three scenarios:
1) key evidence may by expunged so that it can be thrown out for want of evidence or so that sentence will be minimal.
2) key evidence may be introduced to obtain opposite of 1 above.
3) the case may never be represented.

The case was not withdrawn, rather the FG closed its case.

How can a Judge appoint 30th and 31st May for the defendant(Orji Uzor Kali) to open his case, if the case had been withdrawn? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by profdee1(m): 10:48pm On May 11, 2018
And when the judge saw the broom, they passed over him...... It is well
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by officialtahir: 10:49pm On May 11, 2018
Going through the first page comments i was just laughing and shaking my head, most of them dont even know the difference btw closing case and withdrawing case ad regards court matters.
My people Its better to keep quite and be thought of a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubts, most of the commentators in the first and second page just showcase their level of ignorance and foolishness up there, at lease if you dont know how things works is it not better to keep quiet, observe and learn... Nawaoo and most of una wan run mad when buhari called u lazy lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by CilicMarin: 10:49pm On May 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:

My friend both you and I know that this is the end of the case as it stand ..close up open ni...Mtcheeeew

What are you still saying?
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by cola: 10:52pm On May 11, 2018
Is it not now safe to say 90% of folks on this forum these days are at best semi-literate? And these are the same folks always expressing opinions on about every issue on this forum, seeking to shape other people's opinions.
They go from topic to topic shouting "dullard" "dullard".
They are in their hundreds on this forum with bare comprehension of even the most basic issues, giving one another 'likes' in hundreds.

Now I understand why many people don't take this forum seriously anymore... Such a shame!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by viralinfo: 10:53pm On May 11, 2018
na waohhhhhhhhhhhhh...hand for head..........Abeg for those who care to known jst click on this link you be surprise of what you see...APC government the more you look the more you see Afrika wonder..https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/list-of-15-nigerians-who-own-a-private-jet.142890/
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by Guyman02: 10:55pm On May 11, 2018
tflourish9:
Many respondents don't even know what it means to close a case in court.As usual,many didn't even read beyond beyond the headline

Sharaap there, are you a lawyer. The prosecutor has closed the current case against him to be amended. Did he give you a timeline when the amendment and new charges will be filed at the court? No!
What's the implication, it means the case may not be revisited until after 2019 elections if Buhari fails to win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by bpalace(m): 10:57pm On May 11, 2018
CilicMarin:
A lot Of illiterates now on Nairaland. You read the comments above and can only shake your head about leaders of tomorrow.

They are lazy, unproductive and dumb. Many of them don't read newspapers, listen to radio or watch TV for informative programmes to equip themselves intellectually.

A case at hand: "FG closes it's case against Orji Kalu" and not a single ipob commentators out of 20 above understood the meaning, yet they call Buhari a Dullard...

Tufiakwa for illiterates!

We seen u that pack sense inside tin.... So if FG wan close case they will just withdraw? Enjoy whatever u gain from this ppl...but it won't last

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by cola: 11:01pm On May 11, 2018
It's the tragedy of democracy. Even the most glaring idiots can express an opinion and worse, even vote!
Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by mank1234(m): 11:04pm On May 11, 2018
CilicMarin:

The case was not withdrawn, rather the FG closed its case.

How can a Judge appoint 30th and 31st May for the defendant(Orji Uzor Kali) to open his case, if the case had been withdrawn? grin

You're right. I saw that line after reading the post a second time. That's why I deleted my post. Some headlines can be very misleading.

1 Like

Re: Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: EFCC Closes Case Against Kalu by CilicMarin: 11:05pm On May 11, 2018
[s]
Guyman02:

Sharaap there, are you a lawyer. The prosecutor has closed the current case against him to be amended. Did he give you a timeline when the amendment and new charges will be filed at the court? No!
What's the implication, it means the case may not be revisited until after 2019 elections if Buhari fails to win
[/s]

Dumb! You don't close a case to amend rather you withdraw a case. The Federal Closed its case for Orji Uzor Kalu to open his defence.

And the Judge gave him 30th and 31st of May, to come and show cause, why he shouldn't be jail as argued by the Federal govt.

See the report below

Justice Mohammed Idris adjourned the case until May 30 and May 31 for defence to open their case.

Go and get Education and stop following Nnamdi Cownu about. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Burkina Faso For ECOWAS Summit (PHOTOS) / Salihu Tanko Yakasai: Kaduna-Kano Rail Will Never Be Completed – Ganduje’s Aide / APC Women Leaders Visit Tinubu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.