Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud (27265 Views)

El-Rufai Orders Ministries, Departments To Accept Old, New Naira Denominations / Reps Mull Reduction Of 428 Ministries, Departments & Agencies / Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by fergie001: 9:20am On Oct 23, 2019
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, Bolaji Owasanoye, yesterday revealed that after the ICPC discovered N9.2bn as over-bloated personnel costs of the ministries, departments and agencies, the MDAs went on secret recruitments for a cover-up.

“They hurriedly started employing people. Appointments given yesterday were backdated one year, and ad hoc staff upgraded,” he revealed.

Speaking before the joint Senate and House of Representatives Committee on Anti-corruption and Financial Crime at the 2020 budget defence, he said the ICPC had recovered the money from the various MDAs.

He said the money would have been “padded” as personnel costs if the commission had not discovered it.

“We got them to sign off the money. The money is now available for government to spend,” he stated.

He said he was embarrassed to see academic institutions involved in the sharp practice, calling for their inclusion in the IPPIS system before the October deadline.

He also advised that recruitment templates in all agencies of government be changed from offline to prevent recruitment scandal.

Suleiman Abdu Kwari, co-chairman of the committee, also confirmed that secret recruitment was ongoing in some MDAs.

He said the committee would collaborate with the ICPC to enforce action and make the country a better place.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/mdas-in-secret-recruitments-to-cover-up-n9-2bn-fraud.html

4 Likes

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by fergie001: 9:23am On Oct 23, 2019
No wonder ASUU wanted to burn down the country that they must not be included in the IPPIS.

ICPC......We don't want media circus like your neighbours o.

Do what you've got to do!

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by athaboi(f): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2019
Nigeria is gone

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Brandstudio01: 10:07am On Oct 23, 2019
The interesting part is that there's no corrupt individuals among our Minister, if somone like Amaechi can publicly say he has never taken Bribe in his entire Political Career.
Won't be surprise if some people call for a proof. As if such can never happen in this country.
I only weep for our youths and the unborn generations in this country

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up.

5 Likes

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:07am On Oct 23, 2019
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, Bolaji Owasanoye, yesterday revealed that after the ICPC discovered N9.2bn as over-bloated personnel costs of the ministries, departments and agencies, the MDAs went on secret recruitments for a cover-up. 
It is no more business as usual.
This would have been swept under the carpet in previous years.
No more impunity in our land.
To a new and better Nigeria we go.

They hurriedly started employing people. Appointments given yesterday were backdated one year, and ad hoc staff upgraded,” he revealed. 
That is their modus operandi, this is one of the ways, they looted our country blindly.
Phony recruitments.
Bastards!

He said he was embarrassed to see academic institutions involved in the sharp practice, calling for their inclusion in the IPPIS system before the October deadline. 
Huge embarrassment this is!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Grace001: 10:08am On Oct 23, 2019
vv

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 23, 2019
Correction is fighting back angry angry angry
Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Macktaob(m): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2019
Okay
Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Sweetcollins: 10:08am On Oct 23, 2019
Naija way

1 Like

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by maxjax(m): 10:08am On Oct 23, 2019
we need the link abeg
Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Grace001: 10:08am On Oct 23, 2019
athaboi:
Nigeria is gone

There was never a country, you're saying it's gone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Briells: 10:08am On Oct 23, 2019
Wow! Just imagine

In other news... are you having bumps or keloid as a result of piercings or shavings contact me on zero 8 zero 6 two five 1 1 six one 0
Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by kokomaster3d: 10:09am On Oct 23, 2019
IPPIS is the biggest fraud of the century.

1 Like

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by skinnyzsam(m): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2019
Who sell our pant grin
Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Skoji: 10:10am On Oct 23, 2019
It is finished
Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Josh44s(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2019
What a country!

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by pobosky20(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2019
Chai!!!!!!!!! Nigeria ooooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by donprinyo(m): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2019
ICPC pls note dat action speaks louder dan words. Stop doing like local yoruba man dat always make noise without action.

5 Likes

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by confyy007(m): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2019
Same way they gave the looted abacha funds to the poor

6 Likes

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2019
Mr stealing is not corruption was right after all, hence he gave us ipppis et al to combat stealing with technology, as for corruption...God airpus.

2 Likes

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2019
kokomaster3d:
IPPIS is the biggest fraud of the century.

IPPIS would stop all this fraud, you know.

Some of this is happening because some agencies aren't yet under IPPIS.

Quoted from the above article.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by wonuks(m): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2019
shocked
Get a professional website design without advance payments. See my signature or profile for details

2 Likes

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Stalwert: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2019
And ASUU does not want ippis for university despite IPPIS imperfections, it would still reveal many rubbish in the universities.

7 Likes

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 23, 2019
We eat, drink, walk, talk and breath corruption.

From every sector and social groups, across all age brackets, irrespective of size and strata.

Na wa ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by ZombieTERROR: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2019
This administration epitomises failure and corruption.!...

Never have we had it this bad

Looting.. Embezzlement everywhere

Yet zombies are chanting sai barber

Nigeria is a failed nation
Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by ajayiopy: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2019
fergie001:

“They hurriedly started employing people. Appointments given yesterday were backdated one year, and ad hoc staff upgraded,” he revealed.

Speaking before the joint Senate and House of Representatives Committee on Anti-corruption and Financial Crime at the 2020 budget defence, he said the ICPC had recovered the money from the various MDAs.

He said the money would have been “padded” as personnel costs if the commission had not discovered it.

“We got them to sign off the money. The money is now available for government to spend,” he stated.

He also advised that recruitment templates in all agencies of government be changed from offline to prevent recruitment scandal.

Suleiman Abdu Kwari, co-chairman of the committee, also confirmed that secret recruitment was ongoing in some MDAs.

He said the committee would collaborate with the ICPC to enforce action and make the country a better place.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/mdas-in-secret-recruitments-to-cover-up-n9-2bn-fraud.html
CAN THEY BACKDATE ACCOUNT STATEMENT OF THE STAFFS RECRUITED TOO?

1 Like

Re: Ministries, Departments, Agencies In Secret Recruitments To Cover N9.2bn Fraud by MisterGrace: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2019
Idiots and thieves.

3 years ago, I went to a Ministry that was recruiting.
I met with the commissioner. Dude asked me who sent me, I replied that no one sent me.
He then asked if I had N300,000 to pay to him so he can offer me the job.

I mean, from whence would I get such money as an applicant?

That was how dude sent me out of his office. Not that I wasn't qualified but because I didn't have a politician or money to buy the job.

I just gave up on Nigerian that day. If I have my way, I would have left this country long ago.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Growing Campaign: Tinubu Camp Fumes Over Buhari’s Silence / Voting Ends At Ruling APC Presidential Primary / Terrorism Charges Against Emefiele By DSS (Full Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.