Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Defeated Shame (complete Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Defeated Shame (complete Story) (364 Views)

House Of Scandals (the Complete Story) / The Testimony Of a Freed Man :two Kingdoms One Soul (complete story) / MRS MARA (complete Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Defeated Shame (complete Story) by cherry6(f): 8:39pm On May 11, 2018
For several years, I felt bad about the idea of going for such option. Maybe because I'm too young or afraid of being judged badly in the neighborhood! I read on the Internet that at my age, this modesty is understandable. But all that is over now.
My cousin once told me these words of encouragement "You do not have to worry, no one will notice, not even the seller will pay attention."
Shame kept me tied up too long. Tomorrow I'll do it, at 12:00 precisely, I told myself.
I left home in search of a shop in the neighboring area, because everyone in my area knows each other. I could meet my mother’s friend, who would tell her everything.
On D-Day, I wore my face cap, hoping to give myself confidence, then went out. So I found myself alone on that fateful morning, trembling with shame, in front of the shop. Right next to me, two old women were discussing as they went on with their daily activity.
I recovered my last ounce of courage and advanced discreetly. Aureoles of sweat dripping under my arms. Yet, I wore the latest anti-perspirant from Nivéa Beauty. "More false advertising!" I said to myself.
The shopkeeper, was gnawing his rosary.
I stood right in front of him. I waved to him to approach, then whispered what I wanted. He looked at me with a look full of disgust and told me in a dry tone: “#300”.
The women discussing beside me were now gazing at me, and whispering to each other.
I was trembling like a leaf, I brought out the money and handed it to him.
He handed me the package and almost snatched the #500 note from my hands.
I could not wait to collect my change. I hid the object in my pocket, pulled my cap on my face hoping only one thing: not to be recognized ...
Then I engulfed in the small discrete street that will lead me directly home. I overtook a small group of drunkards. Sitting on the terrace of a bar, they turn a goblet of palm wine, mixing laughter and galleys. In the shade of a banana tree, I saw a woman pounding in an old mortar.
At the shelter behind his shutters, my neighbor smiled at me; Embarrassed, I accelerated my pace.
Finally, I arrived at the family apartment, exhausted and covered with sweat. Without a sound, for fear of attracting the attention of my parents, I went straight to my room. The pictures of my brothers and sisters seems to look at me with disapproval from the wall where they were hung. I hurriedly hid my precious package under the mattress.
That was it, I defeated the taboo… I bought a C*ND*M
Source:
https://www.amebobabe.com/2018/05/defeated-shame-complete-story.html

(1) (Reply)

Darling Sister By Light / See The Writing Platform That Converts Your Stories Into Chats / The Blind Lover-episode 5(the End)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.