Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) (46015 Views)

Man Murdered After Baby Mama Shared His Location In Chicago (Photos) / 26-Year-Old Nigerian Woman Declared Missing By Toronto Police (Photos) / Man Murdered Over N200 Bottle Of Beer In Ogun (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by shegra58: 2:04pm On May 12, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Nairabet and BetNaija have caused more harm than good to my country Nigeria.
We have more lazy folks and wishful thinkers hoping to become millionaires only through betting.

It's about time the National Assembly invites Akin Alabi.
Afterall Tupac was a defendant because someone committed murder after listening to his songs.
Same with Eminem, he was grilled too
Same with Ricki Lake and Jerry Springer.

Akin Alabi must share some responsibility in whatever vice his betting scheme causes.

Gambling is Nigeria's next big nightmare and not even drug-abuse. FG should devote the same energy used in hunting down Tram, Reph and Codeine-distributors to terrorizing betting outlets.
The media who helped shut down the Nigerian Ponzi scheme market should also lend a hand to eradicating gambling.
Shut up there and carry your sermon go church embarassed
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by babatee1985(m): 2:05pm On May 12, 2018
WebSurfer:

No sense in what you wrote up there... find a hustle and stop wasting your life gambling
So who tell u say gambling no be hustle? You think say to forecast and win on betting dey easy? Anything that requires logical thinking and reasoning is hustle on its own..

1 Like

Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by Ayobami7(m): 2:28pm On May 12, 2018
Eyaah
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by ade2291(m): 3:19pm On May 12, 2018
Felixalex:

Hmmm you think if the government doesn't get anything in return those betting companies would still exist? They are taxed heavily already. Again bet9ja is a sponsor of the Lower Division of Nigerian league.

Gambling is a social vice, but u got it wrong when u said "getting nothing in return". Only maybe the government do not use those taxes for projects that will directly benefit the common man

"Exchange rate will drastically improve"

I don't even understand the rationale behind your analysis, nawa! AIT need invite u come "the money show" make u educate us more

Thank you for educating the fellow. I wanted to reply him with most of the details u already shared, he wrote out of ignorance. I once worked in a betting company, and I can confirm so many youths have been employed by these companies. It's myopic for anyone to think all these companies with big structures all over the nation aren't paying taxes. The truth is that, they're heavily billed by the government.

Murdering cases can occur in any thing that carries money along, most especially when it is a huge sum. You can't tell people to stop doing business because you heard a businessman was murdered. I shake my head when reading the guy's post.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by geezynoni: 3:20pm On May 12, 2018
online bet is the best.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by ayusco85(m): 3:26pm On May 12, 2018
Lonestar124:
what's he writing

May his soul rest in peace.....One thing must surely kill a man.

What a dumb mentality. What's "one thing must kill a man"? undecided

1 Like

Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by Lonestar124: 3:36pm On May 12, 2018
ayusco85:

What a dumb mentality. What's "one thing must kill a man"? undecided
I repeat "one thing must a kill man" o ye man eruditely mentalized.
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by Okoyeochapaul(m): 4:08pm On May 12, 2018
Iriks:
The Government should ban betnaija. The country is losing Billions of naira without getting anything in return.
This scam is worse than MMM
Most eu contries banned betting without a moment thought, Nigeria should do the same. It just don't have any benefits to the country, whether in long run or otherwise.
If this is banned even exchange rate will drastically improve
How can betting platform be collecting from the society and giving nothing in return
Its quite unfortunate.

Some miserable low-lives low-ballers that cannot work hard to earn a living will not like this
You don't destroy lives to make wealth, you impact lives to make wealth!

U SICK
Let the FIRS or whatever taxing agency tax these betting platform, increase their taxes by huge values that will make them go into natural extinction
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by ArinzeRaph: 4:35pm On May 12, 2018
cinoedhunter:
Na him cause am.... sth him for do online , withdraw am online , no person go know
is it possible to operate it online from Benin Republic?
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by ArinzeRaph: 4:38pm On May 12, 2018
Buffalowings3:
That is why i play online by myself. shocked

100 naira data would have avoided this
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by ArinzeRaph: 4:40pm On May 12, 2018
greggng:
That is why I am playing my bet9ja online. I don't want some greedy n airalanders to come steal my ticket
how can I operate online from Benin Republic?
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by kalu61(m): 4:43pm On May 12, 2018
Naturalobserver:
At least these lazy Nigerian youths who play bet9ja or nairabet are better than you.
Sometimes they lose,sometimes they win
Sometimes on a weekend when there is no bread,they stake like #200 nd get like #10,000
They enjoy d weekend spending d 10k with friends nd the remaining change they use to subscribe.
But u keep buying data,following every topic on nairaland.You get nothing in return
You only end up as a nairaland celebrity...thats where it ends NAIRALAND CELEBRITY.
These lazy youths keep enjoying themselves on a low key and u keep fighting for popularity.
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by herkeym001(m): 4:45pm On May 12, 2018
Baschweinsteiger:
This is why I do my shiit online.
Oya come and kidnap the money in my bank account.
Online no too good jare. Naso person go dey stake anyhow. Even at midnight, as you dey forecast you dey stake sharpsharp with full confidence as if say team manager don call you tell you wetin there goal line go be.

But if to say na shop.......the laziness in you go dey push you back becos you no go wan queue up with those people dey shout .......... play my game, play my game na
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 12, 2018
herkeym001:

Online no too good jare. Naso person go dey stake anyhow. Even at midnight, as you dey forecast you dey stake sharpsharp with full confidence as if say team manager don call you tell you wetin there goal line go be.

But if to say na shop.......the laziness in you go dey push you back becos you no go wan queue up with those people dey shout .......... play my game, play my game na

That's where self discipline comes in.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by greggng: 5:07pm On May 12, 2018
ArinzeRaph:
how can I operate online from Benin Republic?

All you needed is a trustworthy person that will help you fund your account. You can use their platform to bet from anywhere. For me I use my zenith MasterCard atm to fund my account via Quick teller online platform. Sure their is a service fee of 100naira to it. But I don't mind, I prefer that one than going to bank or using Quick teller at bank ATM.
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by ArinzeRaph: 5:10pm On May 12, 2018
greggng:

All you needed is a trustworthy person that will help you fund your account. You can use their platform to bet from anywhere. For me I use my zenith MasterCard atm to fund my account via Quick teller online platform. Sure their is a service fee of 100naira to it. But I don't mind, I prefer that one than going to bank or using Quick teller at bank ATM.
ok
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by Ups01(m): 5:54pm On May 12, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

We have more lazy folks and wishful thinkers hoping to become millionaires only through betting.

Afterall Tupac was a defendant because someone committed murder after listening to his songs.

Akin Alabi must share some responsibility in whatever vice his betting scheme causes.

Gambling is Nigeria's next big nightmare and not even drug-abuse. FG should devote the same energy used in hunting down Tram, Reph and Codeine-distributors to terrorizing betting outlets.
The media who helped shut down the Nigerian Ponzi scheme market should also lend a hand to eradicating gambling.

For once, you made sense

1 Like

Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by mavinjay1(m): 6:27pm On May 12, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Wooow This is Epic!!
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by cinoedhunter: 8:16pm On May 12, 2018
ArinzeRaph:
Why not
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 12, 2018
Horlami3370:
NairaBlogger.com

Dad of man murdered over NaijaBet winnings begs police

28-year old Achuku Vincent Joseph of Sabo Pegi area in Lafia, Nasarawa State, was gruesomely murdered after he allegedly won N7.4 million on the NaijaBet betting platform. .

According to a report by Dailytrust, the father of the deceased, Aruma, revealed that Achuku’s corpse was discovered in the early hours of Saturday, April 15, abandoned by the roadside at Federal University Lafia, with several machete cuts.

Accordingly him: “On Tuesday, around 5am, my son came into my room and told me that thieves were in our house in the night and they entered his room to steal his plasma TV and a NaijaBet ticket slip with which he won N7.4m. .

Later, some of his friends came into the house, shouting that they would not agree because the NaijaBet agent knows about those who stole the winning ticket. Later in the day, my son started screaming, complaining of severe headache. .

After a while, he started behaving abnormally, saying they wanted to kill him. His condition later worsened as he could no longer talk. We took him to the hospital and he was admitted. Moments later, his friends showed up again. .

They revealed that he had been given a charm and that they had warned him not to stay without the charm. A pastor was invited to pray for him after we discovered the charm in his pocket. .

My sister insisted we keep him away from his friends by relocating him from the place since we were not sure where his problem was from. They still used diabolic means to trace him which worsened his condition.” .

He noted that Achuku went out as early as 5am on the day he was killed without the knowledge of anyone and he suspects that he was lured out of the house through some kind of spiritual means, only for the family to find him dead later. .

Aruma said, “I suspect both his friends and the NaijaBet agent for this ungodly act. My appeal to security agents is to investigate and unveil those responsible for the killing.” .

The Nasarawa State Command’s PRO, Idrisu Kennedy, revealed that the command has arrested some people in connection with the killing, adding that the matter is being investigated.

https://nairablogger.com/120/dad-man-murdered-n7-4-million-naijabet-winnings-begs-police/
""Achuku went out as early as 5am on the day he was killed without the knowledge of anyone and he suspects that he was lured out of the house through some kind of spiritual means""

This is baseless.
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by umuna(m): 8:44pm On May 12, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

first time I am reading something nice from you!
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by Baobab4loan(m): 9:46pm On May 12, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

But come to think of it did those guys resign from there work to play bet9ja? The answer is no those youth you see there av always been idle even before the advent of bet9ja they are just using bet9ja to wide away time
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by grandstar(m): 10:17pm On May 12, 2018
Iriks:
The Government should ban betnaija. The country is losing Billions of naira without getting anything in return.
This scam is worse than MMM
Most eu contries banned betting without a moment thought, Nigeria should do the same. It just don't have any benefits to the country, whether in long run or otherwise.
If this is banned even exchange rate will drastically improve
How can betting platform be collecting from the society and giving nothing in return
Its quite unfortunate.

Some miserable low-lives low-ballers that cannot work hard to earn a living will not like this
You don't destroy lives to make wealth, you impact lives to make wealth!
Let the FIRS or whatever taxing agency tax these betting platform, increase their taxes by huge values that will make them go into natural extinction

Are ou sure they don't pay taxes?
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:58pm On May 12, 2018
How are we sure the betting company's involvement?
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by watchandpray1: 11:23am On May 13, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

We are with you Bro.
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by Therealev: 11:38am On May 13, 2018
ArinzeRaph:

Yes, there are many international betting platform online. Check betway, bet360, betvictor, bwin and williamhill. I'm sure one or two of those should service your area.
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by ArinzeRaph: 6:42pm On May 13, 2018
Therealev:

Yes, there are many international betting platform online. Check betway, bet360, betvictor, bwin and williamhill. I'm sure one or two of those should service your area.
thanks
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by okafor200(m): 1:31pm On Apr 07, 2019
Who wants to become a proffesional football trader and make millions to visit my thread below
Re: Father Of Man Murdered Over N7.4 Million Naijabet Winnings Begs Police (Photos) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
Horlami3370:
NairaBlogger.com

Dad of man murdered over NaijaBet winnings begs police

28-year old Achuku Vincent Joseph of Sabo Pegi area in Lafia, Nasarawa State, was gruesomely murdered after he allegedly won N7.4 million on the NaijaBet betting platform. .

According to a report by Dailytrust, the father of the deceased, Aruma, revealed that Achuku’s corpse was discovered in the early hours of Saturday, April 15, abandoned by the roadside at Federal University Lafia, with several machete cuts.

Accordingly him: “On Tuesday, around 5am, my son came into my room and told me that thieves were in our house in the night and they entered his room to steal his plasma TV and a NaijaBet ticket slip with which he won N7.4m. .

Later, some of his friends came into the house, shouting that they would not agree because the NaijaBet agent knows about those who stole the winning ticket. Later in the day, my son started screaming, complaining of severe headache. .

After a while, he started behaving abnormally, saying they wanted to kill him. His condition later worsened as he could no longer talk. We took him to the hospital and he was admitted. Moments later, his friends showed up again. .

They revealed that he had been given a charm and that they had warned him not to stay without the charm. A pastor was invited to pray for him after we discovered the charm in his pocket. .

My sister insisted we keep him away from his friends by relocating him from the place since we were not sure where his problem was from. They still used diabolic means to trace him which worsened his condition.” .

He noted that Achuku went out as early as 5am on the day he was killed without the knowledge of anyone and he suspects that he was lured out of the house through some kind of spiritual means, only for the family to find him dead later. .

Aruma said, “I suspect both his friends and the NaijaBet agent for this ungodly act. My appeal to security agents is to investigate and unveil those responsible for the killing.” .

The Nasarawa State Command’s PRO, Idrisu Kennedy, revealed that the command has arrested some people in connection with the killing, adding that the matter is being investigated.

https://nairablogger.com/120/dad-man-murdered-n7-4-million-naijabet-winnings-begs-police/
So sad!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Shot Dead While Returning From Work In Rivers State (Photos) / Woman Declared Wanted For Lesbianism In Lagos / Man Shot Dead As Aye & Eiye Cultists Clash In Delta (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.