Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It (87551 Views)

Two Lessons You Have To Unlearn If You Want To Be Rich / Tomato Factory: Dangote, Kubau Communities To Resolve Land Dispute / Why Dangote’s Failed Paste Factory Should Give Buhari More Headache Than Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 12, 2018
For your mind you done Yan.
Solstar:
I love the way you ended it. It is not a spiritual attack, it is a religious attack.

Nigerians spend all their time fasting and praying and forget to get creative, then they run around to find fast money in order to buy imported food, cream, phone and wrist-watches so they dont have to waste time being creative when they should be worshipping God. Now churches run 5 services on Sundays, and a midweek service on wednesdays, not forgetting tarry nights and vigils.

The mohammedans are not left out, they pray a fuccking 5 times a day, and are constantly checking their time to make sure they dont miss a date with Allahu, what remains of their time is spent separating quarrels between their 4 wives, the rest is spent reminding the kids of the need to go to the Alfas and Imams for tutelages.

So, what time do we have to plant tomatoes or engineer apples that can grow on our climate.

We are not poor because we are religious, we are poor as a country because we have found an excuse in God.

Yet money does not grow on trees. Dangote should have known better. He has been making serious business mistakes of late, one of which is building $18B Refinery when electric cars and solar panels are the future. I really question the true source of his wealth. How are his projects financed ? From which sources ? He pays back loans at the speed of light, well, almost. Just to create impression of 'source' ? It could be these politicians just financing him till his retirement and eventual demise. It could just be a ponzi that takes money from early mules and paying the new politicians. I envy the man, I truly do, but if I have access to such money, then I should be able to buy up Nigeria and put everyone on a universal basic income from what I can do with that money.

As it is with the tomato factories, so will it be with the refineries in the next 20 yrs. This is the new world order.

2 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Bishopsgate(m): 6:46pm On May 12, 2018
fluentinfor:

Poor analysis by the writer in my own opinion. So, the writer is saying that the richest man in Nigeria did not carry out his research very well? Well, I am sure the writer is naive about agriculture in Nigeria.

Dangote is not only a business man and investor, but also a philantropist.

Let me tell you, he ventured into agricultural processing because he does not want to take over the opportunities for farmers to earn more. If he had established his farm, all those poor farmers would have been crying that he took their land, jobs etc. Are we not in this Nigeria when one state governor was forcing him to invest in farmers in the north? They refused to sell him land, but suggested he partners with local farmers. You and I know how land issues are in Nigeria.

But have you really worked with those demons called local farmers? You get them free input - seeds, fertilizers, agrochemical, etc and they will produce well. Instead of them to sell back to you with discount as the contract says, they try to play smart by selling to another buyer in order to get full price. But you gave them the input free of charge. I guess the writer is naive who just woke up to write gabbage. The writer is the one with spiritual problems and not Dangote. Funny writer, he is asking if the richest man in Nigeria who can feed 10 generations of his, has got spiritual issues? Obviously, he is the one with spiritual blindness.

Is the writer in pluto when ebola bombarded tomato farms some years ago? Oh! The writer thinks it is accidental it was the same period Aliko Dangote's factory was just starting? The writer is naive seriously that he does not know there are cabals in Agricultural businesses. So, if most farmers in Kano or Kaduna sell to dangote tomato factory, how will those cabals that import tomatoes to Lagos, Ogun, Uyo, Ibadan etc make cash. Do you know the kind of commission these cabals take from every truck that enters major markets? Seriously, some writers are suppose to be spanked. And this one is a candidate for 100 lashes.

This writer does not understand how GEJ and Adeshina Akinwunmi fought cabals in fertilizer subsidy. Honestly, some people just talk foolishly. And this writer is one. So annoying gabbage he wrote. I wish to know him personally and talk wisdom into his blocked head. So annoying.

Dangote knows the game. Let us just watch him. I believe his focus is more on the oil refinery he is building. In my own opinion, Aliko will be back. Aliko knows he needs to fight some cabals to make it work. Just let us wait patiently and see what happens next.

Lastly, it is true. Nigeria produces tomato almost too much. Majority get spoilt. It is very true. Successful tomato farmers are super rich. I know this because I am a farmer. My advice is that we should learn about a subject before making comments so we do not show some level of stupidity. It is annoying when people with zero faculty talk nonsemse about great minds. Aliko has my respect anyday, anytime.

Bros you know your "onions" mean!!!

Take it!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Pharaoh9(m): 6:47pm On May 12, 2018
TheLordIsGr8:

You pay for this advert? Or you think say seun dey run charity here.

E CONCERN YOU?
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 12, 2018
For your mind you done Yan.It's not by the likes na kids full here they know no better. The OP had something constructive to say but by ending it with that gibberish line makes me feel he copy and pasted it, only the last line was his . And you came and laced it with the most.
Solstar:
I love the way you ended it. It is not a spiritual attack, it is a religious attack.

Nigerians spend all their time fasting and praying and forget to get creative, then they run around to find fast money in order to buy imported food, cream, phone and wrist-watches so they dont have to waste time being creative when they should be worshipping God. Now churches run 5 services on Sundays, and a midweek service on wednesdays, not forgetting tarry nights and vigils.

The mohammedans are not left out, they pray a fuccking 5 times a day, and are constantly checking their time to make sure they dont miss a date with Allahu, what remains of their time is spent separating quarrels between their 4 wives, the rest is spent reminding the kids of the need to go to the Alfas and Imams for tutelages.

So, what time do we have to plant tomatoes or engineer apples that can grow on our climate.

We are not poor because we are religious, we are poor as a country because we have found an excuse in God.

Yet money does not grow on trees. Dangote should have known better. He has been making serious business mistakes of late, one of which is building $18B Refinery when electric cars and solar panels are the future. I really question the true source of his wealth. How are his projects financed ? From which sources ? He pays back loans at the speed of light, well, almost. Just to create impression of 'source' ? It could be these politicians just financing him till his retirement and eventual demise. It could just be a ponzi that takes money from early mules and paying the new politicians. I envy the man, I truly do, but if I have access to such money, then I should be able to buy up Nigeria and put everyone on a universal basic income from what I can do with that money.

As it is with the tomato factories, so will it be with the refineries in the next 20 yrs. This is the new world order.

1 Like

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by CharlesJok3r: 6:50pm On May 12, 2018
Solstar:

WOW!!!
you made my day. I swear.

3 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by obembet(f): 6:51pm On May 12, 2018
Solstar:

This is kind of pple we need in this country.... Pple that think out of the box... I will like to copy this too

3 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Youngzedd(m): 6:55pm On May 12, 2018
Olatara:
I love this, do you think electric car will make sense in Nigeria? nothing is working.

Nigeria makes money from the oil we sell to other countries. When these countries adopt Electric cars, what happens to our oil

Sales will reduce drastically.

5 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Truth234(m): 6:56pm On May 12, 2018
Solstar:

Yet money does not grow on trees. Dangote should have known better. He has been making serious business mistakes of late, one of which is building $18B Refinery when electric cars and solar panels are the future. I really question the true source of his wealth. How are his projects finance ? From which sources ? He pays back loans at the speed of light, well, almost. Just to create impression of 'source' ? It could be these politicians just financing him till his retirement and eventual demise. It could just be a ponzi that takes money from early mules and paying the new politicians. I envy the man, I truly do, but if I have access to such money, then I should be able to buy up Nigeria and put everyone on a universal basic income from what I can do with that money.

People like you never ceased to amaze me, imagine you based your conclusion of Dangote's innovation on beer parlour discussions. One, the project is not $18 billion but estimated at $14 billion. Two, Dangote is building one of the biggest industrial sites in the world-- fertilizer plant, petrochemical plant, and refinery.

The petrochemical plant alone can produce 1.3 million metric tonnes of petrochemical products per year. The gas plant has the capacity to produce 3 million cubic metres of gas per annum and generate 12,000 mw of power, thrice what Nigeria is generating presently.

While the fertilizer plant will produce 2.8 million metric tonnes of assorted fertilizer. The refinery will produce 640,000 bpd of refined petroleum products. This project will create more than 200,000 jobs and deepen national growth. To give you an idea of how much this man will generate in revenue per annum, Nigeria is currently spending about N2.6 trillion on the importation of refined petroleum products per year, now add Ghana and other African countries that he will be exporting his product to. Now do 10 years financial projection, he would have made his investment capital for the whole project on just petroleum products even before western nations fully adopt electric car, talkless of African nations.

On Tomato factory, Dangote said with low dollar liquidity it is hard to source for forex to import raw materials needed to meet demand, hence, his resolve to follow his usual path, take over the entire industry by building all the value chain and logistic channels (raw materials, manufacturing, and supply chain).

Dangote is one of the world's most creative entrepreneurs, and for the record, his business strategies are being studied across the world. I just hope Nigerian youths will pay attention, learn and follow his blueprint. ITbomb, SOFTENGR, Afam4eva, Rainmania, CharlesJok3r, obembet, Olatara, Bishopsgate, ElFabchuks, lekkan, LegDoLand, abdullkabar, Pharaoh9, LordKO, Elegant154

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by wordcat(m): 6:58pm On May 12, 2018
Afam4eva:
Did he not do a feasibility study before venturing into a business with limited raw material?

As much as i respect Aliko Dangote, i think he's overrated as a business man because i can count how many businesses that he has failed at even as Nigeria's business man.

Dongote is not a businessman.

Some selected people in power are just using Dangote to hide their loot if not, tell me why one man will be given license to solely do a business that more than hundred people can do?

4 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Myself2(m): 6:59pm On May 12, 2018
CoolFreeday:
if this is true, then I'm going to add tomato to list of what to farm.

I dont know why Nigerians don't like farming though its very lucrative

You better make sure you farm only the hybrid specie and also locate you farm in or around Kano state where the plant is or not more than 100 km from the plant else transportation-related post harvest losses will wound you

1 Like

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 12, 2018
You dey mind all these block heads for here. Them go just open mouth and talk gibberish. I mean he is even alluding it to spiritual attack! And most of the kids here will take what he says as the gospel and go out there and preach it. And the stupidness recycles angry
fluentinfor:

Poor analysis by the writer in my own opinion. So, the writer is saying that the richest man in Nigeria did not carry out his research very well? Well, I am sure the writer is naive about agriculture in Nigeria.

Dangote is not only a business man and investor, but also a philantropist.

Let me tell you, he ventured into agricultural processing because he does not want to take over the opportunities for farmers to earn more. If he had established his farm, all those poor farmers would have been crying that he took their land, jobs etc. Are we not in this Nigeria when one state governor was forcing him to invest in farmers in the north? They refused to sell him land, but suggested he partners with local farmers. You and I know how land issues are in Nigeria.

But have you really worked with those demons called local farmers? You get them free input - seeds, fertilizers, agrochemical, etc and they will produce well. Instead of them to sell back to you with discount as the contract says, they try to play smart by selling to another buyer in order to get full price. But you gave them the input free of charge. I guess the writer is naive who just woke up to write gabbage. The writer is the one with spiritual problems and not Dangote. Funny writer, he is asking if the richest man in Nigeria who can feed 10 generations of his, has got spiritual issues? Obviously, he is the one with spiritual blindness.

Is the writer in pluto when ebola bombarded tomato farms some years ago? Oh! The writer thinks it is accidental it was the same period Aliko Dangote's factory was just starting? The writer is naive seriously that he does not know there are cabals in Agricultural businesses. So, if most farmers in Kano or Kaduna sell to dangote tomato factory, how will those cabals that import tomatoes to Lagos, Ogun, Uyo, Ibadan etc make cash. Do you know the kind of commission these cabals take from every truck that enters major markets? Seriously, some writers are suppose to be spanked. And this one is a candidate for 100 lashes.

This writer does not understand how GEJ and Adeshina Akinwunmi fought cabals in fertilizer subsidy. Honestly, some people just talk foolishly. And this writer is one. So annoying gabbage he wrote. I wish to know him personally and talk wisdom into his blocked head. So annoying.

Dangote knows the game. Let us just watch him. I believe his focus is more on the oil refinery he is building. In my own opinion, Aliko will be back. Aliko knows he needs to fight some cabals to make it work. Just let us wait patiently and see what happens next.

Lastly, it is true. Nigeria produces tomato almost too much. Majority get spoilt. It is very true. Successful tomato farmers are super rich. I know this because I am a farmer. My advice is that we should learn about a subject before making comments so we do not show some level of stupidity. It is annoying when people with zero faculty talk nonsemse about great minds. Aliko has my respect anyday, anytime.
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Youngzedd(m): 7:05pm On May 12, 2018
tosinet:

Building a solar panel manufacturing plant in Nigeria would have been really relevant as part of reasons its still expensive is the shipping cost from countries like China ,Germany USA etc.
It would have made solar panels readily available and cheap and every home is a potential customer.

You're right. Shipping make the price to be on a high side. Majority the batteries that are heavy. Imagine just 200AH battery is around 110k.

1 Like

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Bishopsgate(m): 7:06pm On May 12, 2018
Solstar:

To your last line, I am not a tribalist, and I will never be one. Neither I will adjudge any human based on race, tribe or color, but I will use religion as a parameter some times because it is inductive learnings, the Gods have me to query for that. And I can sort it out with the Gods.

Regarding the Corporate Credit ratings of businesses in Nigeria, do not be carried away, banks beg me to come and take loans too, Yes and I am not boasting here. I design my whitepapers and design businesses that cant fail, because I start my businesses with understanding that they are bound to fail, then I start designing optimization and process-focused templates to cement the pot-holes and none of my businesses can actually fail, because competition is almost zero here if you are equipped with the right moets.

I had to paint the above picture to show you that Dangote's corporate rating is not the chief reason he is being hunted for loans. Nigerian banks are lazy, they are run by players who are too scared to design Special Purpose Vehicles for the Nigerian business climate. Because every borrowed whitepaper, which we are good at, in receiving from World Bank and/or IMF are designed to fail, and even the Western business concepts will fail here except we customize and optimize them.

Lest I forget, Dangote made a silly mistake by listing his equities on the Western Stock Exchanges. Irrespective of the dynamics of rampaging bulls or bears coming out of hybernation, (people vest on Wall Street and stocks will understand me better), emerging markets are a clean chop chop for the powers that be. That is why he lost so much billions. Emerging markets have no business in New York Stock Exchange or London etc, except you are smart enough to stay invisible and trade under a different Logo, which is not what anyone wants.

Dangote might be richer than I am, but trust me, he has more money than he has the brains that I am equipped with when it comes to running consortiums on a scale that I am talking about.

But this is Nigeria, no one seems to read, we just worship people because they have money, but then again. What do I know.

Nice one again.

My statement on language was simply to butress his interaction with the rice sellers in Lagos. Communication is key in business in markets. I am no tribalist either. I am an edo guy o. Yoruba wife, schooled in the north and with an Ebonyi guy as best friend so I no fit try am.

The first successful flight by man was done by bicycle repairers and not the physicists of their time - please remember this.

Dangote is rich because he has been successful in his businesses. He might not be as cerebral as you are but you do not get that successful in business by being a dummy.

All his acquisitions and phenomenal growth around the world are evidence of his intelligence. I am not paid to do this but I just need you to see that he is wise and shrewd in business.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by ajl: 7:09pm On May 12, 2018
Solstar:

You totally got the part of your write-up on Dangote Refinery wrong. Even if electric cars are coming on board soon, that soon is different for different parts of the world. It could a century for less developed countries. By then, he already recouped his investment. And no matter what, petroleum will still be around for a long long time. And so would be gasoline and diesel based vehicles.

2 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by chukzyfcbb: 7:11pm On May 12, 2018
Bull shit, and more bull shits.
Dangote isn't the only person with a huge tomato factory in Nigeria. Most of y'all just swallowed the OPs story hook line and sinker.

Pls Google on Erisco TOMATO FACTORY. its as large as Dangotes factory , one of the biggest in Africa! located in oregun Ikeja.

He too has complained about the business, but his own complaints has been centred on lack of forex to maintain the plants and most importantly The flooding of Imported tonatos in the country.

How many people on Nairaland make stew with just pure tomatoes or pure tomato juice? Most of us use a blend of the two (Tin tomato and Fresh tomato) while others use Tin tomato.

The thing is TIN TOMATO is cheaper to import, if Dangite and erisco decides to turn this locally made Tomato into a Tomato juice, it would be more expensive and difficult to compete with the imported ones.

I see most comments here saying Dangote refused to carry out feasibility study before setting up the plants, loool

You guys think Dangote board of directors, is made up of nairalanders business wannabe.

#With a Ban on Imported tomato and an Improved business policy (Forex, loans rate), Dangote and Erisco tomato plant will show positivity

1 Like

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by uuzba(m): 7:11pm On May 12, 2018
Earthbound:
The problem is that we depend on the north for a bulk of the tomatoes in this country. As we all know, the north is terribly unstable.

Agriculture is the best venture the youth of today can invest in.

In the old days, before effizy began, agriculture was all that we engaged in. Today, one Toyota Corolla costs about N11,000,000.

How many mangos can you sell to buy one Toyota corolla (don't forget to add petrol, servicing and insurance money).

The trade in crude oil has messed up our economy. Crude oil income was NEVER meant to be used for buying FINISHED GOODS. It should have been used to support EXISTING industries, equipping universities.

The more we used crude income (foreign exchange $$$$) to purchase finished goods (toothpick) the more the value of our naira fell.

So what was your answer? How many mango trees and mangos should be sold to buy one Toyota corolla?

2 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by FAMILY247(m): 7:13pm On May 12, 2018
@solstar how can I contact you, I will like to learn from you, am in my mid 20s, I reside in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 12, 2018
Pharaoh9:

E CONCERN YOU?

See pishur sef. Zinc Island... Na ban dey come for you so.
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:16pm On May 12, 2018
Instead of him blaming the fulani herdsmen for farmlands invasion he jejely close down his factory since that is not an excuse for failure
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 12, 2018
Bishopsgate:

Nice one again.

My statement on language was simply to butress his interaction with the rice sellers in Lagos. Communication is key in business in markets. I am no tribalist either. I am an edo guy o. Yoruba wife, schooled in the north and with an Ebonyi guy as best friend so I no fit try am.

The first successful flight by man was done by bicycle repairers and not the physicists of their time - please remember this.

Dangote is rich because he has been successful in his businesses. He might not be as cerebral as you are but you do not get that successful in business by being a dummy.

All his acquisitions and phenomenal growth around the world are evidence of his intelligence. I am not paid to do this but I just need you to see that he is wise and shrewd in business.

True, but if you are great with relationship management and have the reputation grand enough to dine with politicians and sponsor both sides of the war, and live fugal, then the world will walk into your door steps dropping blank checks in anticipation that you are a worthy surrogate, and if you are truly one, then you know enough to put up Special Purpose Vehicles to keep the wheels running for more private investors.

Some of us went to Business Schools, so we know how the cookies crumble if we must toe that line. I am not against Dangote, I love him as a person, and I am actually excited that he is pulling it off without any challenger.

Who knows I might just get fed off enough to start my own convertible bonds ponzi.

7 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by ajl: 7:30pm On May 12, 2018
Afam4eva:
Did he not do a feasibility study before venturing into a business with limited raw material?

As much as i respect Aliko Dangote, i think he's overrated as a business man because i can count how many businesses that he has failed at even as Nigeria's business man.

It's obvious you don't know what it mean to be a successful entrepreneur. If you don't want to fail then it's not for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 12, 2018
Truth234:

People like you never ceased to amaze me, imagine you based your conclusion of Dangote innovation on beer parlour discussions. One, the project is not $18 billion but estimated at $14 billion. Two, Dangote is building one of the biggest industrial sites in the world-- fertilizer plant, petrochemical plant, and refinery.

The petrochemical plant alone can produce 1.3 million metric tonnes of petrochemical products per year. The gas plant has the capacity to produce 3 million cubic metres of gas per annum and generate 12,000 mw of power, thrice what Nigeria is generating presently.

While the fertilizer plant will produce 2.8 million metric tonnes of assorted fertilizer. The refinery will produce 640,000 bpd of refined petroleum products. This project will create more than 200,000 jobs and deepen national growth. To give you an idea of how much this man will generate in revenue per annum, Nigeria is currently spending about N2.6 trillion on the importation of refined petroleum products per year, now add Ghana and other African countries that he will be exporting his product to. Now do 10 years financial projection, he would have made his investment capital for the whole project on just petroleum products even before western nations fully adopt electric car, talkless of African nations.

On Tomato factory, Dangote said with low dollar liquidity it is hard to source for forex to import raw materials needed to meet demand, hence, his resolve to follow his usual path, take over the entire industry by building all the value chain and logistic channels (raw materials, manufacturing, and supply chain).

Dangote is one of the world's most creative entrepreneurs, and for the record, his business strategies are being studied across the world. I just hope Nigerian youths will pay attention, learn and follow his blueprint. ITbomb, SOFTENGR, Afam4eva, Rainmania, CharlesJok3r, obembet, Olatara, Bishopsgate, ElFabchuks, lekkan, LegDoLand, abdullkabar, Pharaoh9, LordKO

Subsitute $18b in my write up with $14b and keep the remaining as your University thesis. I am not competing with any of you here on this private forum, I am stating the obvious, if you are smart enough to see, Sir.

I am not your enemy, so be nice to me. I am a friend. Dangote does not know business bro, he is just lucky to come from a place where criminals need a safe heaven and a surrogate. That to me, is the luck that has become Dangote and I love him for being smart, but does not mean he is the Business God that you guys have made out of him.

7 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 12, 2018
Bishopsgate:

Nice one again.

I am not against your thread, I am just hoping that my freedom of speech is a natural cosmic right that should be seen as one.

We are not designed to agree. Our brains fire differently. The key here is tolerance.

5 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Bishopsgate(m): 7:34pm On May 12, 2018
Truth234:

People like you never ceased to amaze me, imagine you based your conclusion of Dangote innovation on beer parlour discussions. One, the project is not $18 billion but estimated at $14 billion. Two, Dangote is building one of the biggest industrial sites in the world-- fertilizer plant, petrochemical plant, and refinery.

Dangote is one of the world's most creative entrepreneurs, and for the record, his business strategies are being studied across the world. I just hope Nigerian youths will pay attention, learn and follow his blueprint. ITbomb, SOFTENGR, Afam4eva, Rainmania, CharlesJok3r, obembet, Olatara, Bishopsgate, ElFabchuks, lekkan, LegDoLand, abdullkabar, Pharaoh9, LordKO

Beautiful. I Don dey tell them since den no hear.. lol
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Bishopsgate(m): 7:35pm On May 12, 2018
wordcat:

Dongote is not a businessman.

Some selected people in power are just using Dangote to hide their loot if not, tell me why one man will be given license to solely do a business that more than hundred people can do?

Bros abeg which business are you talking about?
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Bishopsgate(m): 7:44pm On May 12, 2018
Solstar:

True, but if you are great with relationship management and have the reputation grand enough to dine with politicians and sponsor both sides of the war, and live fugal, then the world will walk into your door steps dropping blank checks in anticipation that you are a worthy surrogate, and if you are truly one, then you know enough to put up Special Purpose Vehicles to keep the wheels running for more private investors.

Some of us went to Business Schools, so we know how the cookies crumble if we must toe that line. I am not against Dangote, I love him as a person, and I am actually excited that he is pulling it off without any challenger.

Who knows I might just get fed off enough to start my own convertible bonds ponzi.

Nice. I like people who discuss intellectually . It was nice chatting with you and all other contributors on this thread.

It tells me we have the brains to run this country properly.

2 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by gentlegenius(m): 7:46pm On May 12, 2018
Solstar:

Very nice write up... But you've forgotten to mention that Dangote even declared interest in buying a football club like Arsenal FC... This shows lack of focus- the very reason why he's been making wrong business moves in recent times.

3 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Bishopsgate(m): 7:48pm On May 12, 2018
Solstar:

I am not against your thread, I am just hoping that my freedom of speech is a natural cosmic right that should be seen as one.

We are not designed to agree. Our brains fire differently. The key here is tolerance.

It ain't my thread and note from all my writing - I do enjoy the discourse very much.

I too simply expressed my personal views so why and how can I stifle yours?
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 12, 2018
uuzba:

In the old days, before effizy began, agriculture was all that we engaged in. Today, one Toyota Corolla costs about N11,000,000.

How many mangos can you sell to buy one Toyota corolla (don't forget to add petrol, servicing and insurance money).

The trade in crude oil has messed up our economy. Crude oil income was NEVER meant to be used for buying FINISHED GOODS. It should have been used to support EXISTING industries, equipping universities.

The more we used crude income (foreign exchange $$$$) to purchase finished goods (toothpick) the more the value of our naira fell.

So what was your answer? How many mango trees and mangos, should be sold to buy one Toyota corolla?

LMAO. It depends on who your buyer is. That's what business is about
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by Mariangeles(f): 7:57pm On May 12, 2018
Solstar:

The problem with this country is not having minds like yours at the helm of affairs .

Some evil men have held this nation hostage for so long...hindering any kind of progress, enriching themselves at the detriment of the nation... Smh

3 Likes

Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by SailorXY: 7:57pm On May 12, 2018
Bishopsgate:
Bro we live in a capitalist country at its infancy.

Your write up just defined CAPITALISM in its raw form.

The world is not, has never been, and will never be fair.

The day we decide to stop wailing and being the victims is the day you emancipate yourself from poverty and lack..
No. The day we start thinking beyond tribalism & nepotism is the day the populace begin channeling their brains towards the opportunity to make wealth.

Capitalist countries even @ infancy made concerted efforts & least had basic amenities available to tax payers. In your case, common power flash in your village this moment & your whole community respond in rapturous cheers. The world is laughing @ our foolishness & cowardice, so blessed yet so cursed in equal measure.
Re: Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It by iambijo(m): 8:00pm On May 12, 2018
Solstar:

hey who are you ? You write nice, sir be my tutor plss

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Access Bank Reacts To Porn Video That Appeared On A Screen At Its UNILAG Branch / 15 Fastest Growing Small Business OPPORTUNITIES and IDEAS In Nigeria For 2013 / SEE The Nigerian Naira's Exchange Rate To The Dollar As At Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.