Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! (781 Views)

Kwara Hijab: Chief Imam Yoruba Ilorin, Supports Christians Position (video) / Nwabufo Alleges Threats By IPOB ,after AFP Interview / Sheikh AbdulRaheem Aduanigba Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! by sinkhole: 4:29pm On May 12, 2018
AN Islamic scholar, based in Ilorin, Kwara State, Sheikh AbdulRaheem Aduanigba, has alleged that his life is under threat, claiming that some people attempted to kidnap him in his residence on Tuesday night.
Speaking with Saturday Tribune in a telephone conversation, Sheikh Aduanigba, who said he is the Lemomu Yoruba (Chief Imam Yoruba) of Ilorin, said he was being persecuted for his stance on the emancipation of the Yoruba race.
A video went viral on the social media, during the week, in which the Islamic cleric called on Muslim faithful to drop their Islamic names and rather adopt their Yoruba names as part of the efforts at resuscitating the Yoruba renaissance.
Speaking on Thursday, he said his ordeal started some 20 years ago when he was turbaned as the Chief Imam Yoruba of Ilorin, an action which he said did not go down well with the Ilorin Emirate and which culminated in a law suit which he eventually won in 2009.
“I was in my house on Tuesday, 8 May, 2018, when some three men came knocking at my gate at about 11pm. They claimed that they were police officers who were acting on the instruction of the Kwara State Commissioner of Police, Mr Aminu Pai Saleh, who they claimed invited me to a meeting at that odd hour.
“I became suspicious as I noticed that two of the three men wore unkempt beards and I thus concluded they were not policemen. They told me that I should come with them to honour a supposed invitation by the Commissioner of Police.
“I became more curious and I asked that they should allow me place a call to the police commissioner who is well known to me. Oddly, the first line was switched off and the second rang and rang many times, unpicked.
“One of the men now unwittingly suggested that the police commissioner must be sleeping, a clear signal that the said invitation at 11pm may not have even emanated from the police commissioner. My suspicion was coupled with the fact that there was no warrant of arrest and no formal letter of invitation.”
Speaking on the development, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Kwara State command, Mr Ajayi Okasanmi, who spoke on behalf of the Commissioner of Police, claimed that the Islamic cleric was duly invited by the police.
He said the cleric refused to honour the invitation made to him, despite the fact that the letter was sent to his residence, advising him to come out from hiding and “behave as a responsible citizen.”
According to Okasanmi, Sheikh Aduanigba was invited by the police, based on a petition written by those he described as concerned citizens of the state over alleged inciting video made and disseminated by the cleric to public.

source: http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/chief-imam-yoruba-of-ilorin-alleges-threats-to-life-%E2%80%A2he-should-come-out-of-hiding-kwara-cp/

The said video can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Yy8jtf1SU

Re: Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:36pm On May 12, 2018
I blame the man that sold his brothers out to alimi in the first place.
Re: Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! by lilfreezy: 4:52pm On May 12, 2018
A patriotic yoruba man
Re: Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! by Daviddson(m): 5:32pm On May 12, 2018
I'm not a Muslim, but I think the right thing is for the Yoruba elders to quickly rise to this man's defence before they use him as scapegoat. I trust the Yoruba people's sagacity; maybe they're still studying the situation to know how to respond without heating up an already tensed situation.
Re: Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! by tarano: 5:35pm On May 12, 2018
Who are the concerned individuals let the police name them. Nothing must happen to the cleric. Fulani centric clerics and politicians have made provocative statements in the past. Nothing was done. The will be problem in Ilorin.
Re: Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! by Blackfire(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2018
By the time they finish with you....

You will know kwara state and all Yoruba land belongs to the Muslims.
Just watch the next move, even your fellow brothers and sisters will line up to sell you for a bowl of ewedu and amala.
Re: Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:41pm On May 12, 2018
I have this feeling Yorubas should rally round this guy to reclaim Ilorin from these useless Fulanis.

Its very unfortunate that that despite the population of Yorubas in Kwara, fulanis still run government over this.

What then is the essence of democracy being a game of numbers?

This subjugation must stop once and for all.
Re: Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! by Reelectbuhari: 6:44pm On May 12, 2018
sinkhole:
AN Islamic scholar, based in Ilorin, Kwara State, Sheikh AbdulRaheem Aduanigba, has alleged that his life is under threat, claiming that some people attempted to kidnap him in his residence on Tuesday night.
Speaking with Saturday Tribune in a telephone conversation, Sheikh Aduanigba, who said he is the Lemomu Yoruba (Chief Imam Yoruba) of Ilorin, said he was being persecuted for his stance on the emancipation of the Yoruba race.
A video went viral on the social media, during the week, in which the Islamic cleric called on Muslim faithful to drop their Islamic names and rather adopt their Yoruba names as part of the efforts at resuscitating the Yoruba renaissance.
Speaking on Thursday, he said his ordeal started some 20 years ago when he was turbaned as the Chief Imam Yoruba of Ilorin, an action which he said did not go down well with the Ilorin Emirate and which culminated in a law suit which he eventually won in 2009.
“I was in my house on Tuesday, 8 May, 2018, when some three men came knocking at my gate at about 11pm. They claimed that they were police officers who were acting on the instruction of the Kwara State Commissioner of Police, Mr Aminu Pai Saleh, who they claimed invited me to a meeting at that odd hour.
“I became suspicious as I noticed that two of the three men wore unkempt beards and I thus concluded they were not policemen. They told me that I should come with them to honour a supposed invitation by the Commissioner of Police.
“I became more curious and I asked that they should allow me place a call to the police commissioner who is well known to me. Oddly, the first line was switched off and the second rang and rang many times, unpicked.
“One of the men now unwittingly suggested that the police commissioner must be sleeping, a clear signal that the said invitation at 11pm may not have even emanated from the police commissioner. My suspicion was coupled with the fact that there was no warrant of arrest and no formal letter of invitation.”
Speaking on the development, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Kwara State command, Mr Ajayi Okasanmi, who spoke on behalf of the Commissioner of Police, claimed that the Islamic cleric was duly invited by the police.
He said the cleric refused to honour the invitation made to him, despite the fact that the letter was sent to his residence, advising him to come out from hiding and “behave as a responsible citizen.”
According to Okasanmi, Sheikh Aduanigba was invited by the police, based on a petition written by those he described as concerned citizens of the state over alleged inciting video made and disseminated by the cleric to public.

source: http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/chief-imam-yoruba-of-ilorin-alleges-threats-to-life-%E2%80%A2he-should-come-out-of-hiding-kwara-cp/

The said video can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Yy8jtf1SU

who cares and why is he complaining?

we have other pressing national issues to be talking of threat to just a single person life

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Commends Okorocha, Condemns Obiano, Umahi / The Spirit Of Afa Igbo Efuna Is On The March Again / Nigerian Govt Speaks On Kidnap Of Mikel Obi’s Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.