Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Nwabufo Alleges Threats By IPOB ,after AFP Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwabufo Alleges Threats By IPOB ,after AFP Interview (263 Views)

Xenophobia: South African Government Shows Concern Over Threats By NANS / Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life! / Sheikh AbdulRaheem Aduanigba Chief Imam Yoruba Of Ilorin Alleges Threats To Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwabufo Alleges Threats By IPOB ,after AFP Interview by nairalandankrah: 9:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Daily Post Nigeria

Fredrick Nwabufo, journalist and columnist, claims he has come under fresh threats from members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.

The columnist first had a brush with the proscribed group in June 2019 when he wrote an article asking the south-east to cooperate with Miyetti Allah on security.

Irked by the article, some members of the group issued threats against the journalist.

But now, the group appears to be set on its threats.

In an interview with AFP Fact Check on August 14, the journalist said the movement’s supporters see Buhari as an obstacle to the realisation of their separatist goals and employ the body-double narrative to “de-legitimise” the Buhari government.

“The (Biafran) leadership needs the controversy to stay alive, to remain relevant,” Nwabufo said in the AFP report.

His opinion appeared not to have sat well with the group and Nnamdi Kanu, its leader, who issued threats against AFP in a broadcast.

Speaking on the fresh threats on Monday, Nwabufo said he woke up to calls from his family in the south-east, telling him he was wanted by IPOB.

‘’I woke up to calls from family in the south-east this morning. They told me IPOB was looking for me. They also expressed fear for their own safety,’’ he said.

“This is one threat too many. Members of IPOB had issued similar threats before. But this is more targeted — with my photo and an insidious message which has been circulated on social media by agents of the proscribed group.

‘’I have decided to take it, not reclining. The security agents will be involved this time.”

Nwabufo said he was preparing to file a petition with the DSS over the threat.

Recall that in 2019, the group attacked Ike Ekweremadu, the former deputy senate president, at an event in Germany.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/17/ipob-issues-fresh-threats-against-journalist-fredrick-nwabufo-after-afp-interview/

Re: Nwabufo Alleges Threats By IPOB ,after AFP Interview by LaboPolitics: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2020
Who gives a damn about a clout-chasing efulefu slowpoke?

This mor0n overestimates his importance. I'm even reading about him for this first time.

Hungry journalist looking for patronage from powers that be. Las las na gutter clearing appointment dem go give like Ibokwe his mentor. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nwabufo Alleges Threats By IPOB ,after AFP Interview by ejighikemeuwa: 10:14am On Aug 18, 2020
Mr., are you fighting BIAFRA or BIAFRA fighting you?
Re: Nwabufo Alleges Threats By IPOB ,after AFP Interview by nku5: 10:31am On Aug 18, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Daily Post Nigeria

Fredrick Nwabufo, journalist and columnist, claims he has come under fresh threats from members of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.

I[b]n an interview with AFP Fact Check on August 14, the journalist said the movement’s supporters see Buhari as an obstacle to the realisation of their separatist goals

shocked Arrant nonsense. GEJ was actually the biggest threat to IPOB because Igbos felt like Nigerians and nobody remembered Biafra sef. Buhari did the exact opposite and In the process made Nnamdi Kanu/Biafra very popular among Igbos generally.

Personally I had never heard of IPOB until Buhari became president. I was travelling to PH and the driver of my bus tuned in once we were within the East. This was just after Buhari said that 97% and 5% rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nwabufo Alleges Threats By IPOB ,after AFP Interview by Charmingrascal(m): 10:42am On Aug 18, 2020
You don't like the 'terrorist' tag but you keep threatening people and instigating your youth against other tribes and people who share different ideology from yours.

Isn't that how terrorists operate?

Re: Nwabufo Alleges Threats By IPOB ,after AFP Interview by Pollosa1: 10:43am On Aug 18, 2020
embarassed serious matter
Re: Nwabufo Alleges Threats By IPOB ,after AFP Interview by kingzizzy: 10:50am On Aug 18, 2020
Charmingrascal:
You don't like the 'terrorist' tag but you keep threatening people and instigating your youth against other tribes and people who share different ideology from yours.

Isn't that how terrorists operate?

No thats not how terrorists operate. Terrorist kill people! Threat without action is not terrorism

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Primate Ayodele Reveals Who Will Finally Emerge As Governor / Ndigbo Lawyers With Conscience Forum Calls For Withdrawal Of Invitation To OBJ / / Revealed: Mailafia’s Resignation From NIPSS Came After He Was Issued Query

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.