Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,918 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) (47795 Views)

Ekiti Election: NSCDC Deploys 9,747 Personnel To Beef Up Security. / Oyo LG Chairmen Defy Makinde, Resume With Heavy Security Backing / Oyo LG Dissolution: Makinde Behaving Like Military Dictator, Says APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Hardeybohwarley(m): 8:42pm On May 12, 2018
MikeBetty:
I Dont Blame Those Who Said The Best Way To Hide Secrete From Nigerians Is To Reduce It To Writing. You Just Saw Picture Of Dead Girl Without Reading The Content And Started Ranting. Did You Read That Police Killed The Damsel? Please Read Before Commenting. This Is An Act Of Overzealousness On The Part Of Civil Defence. May The Soul Of The Girl Rest In Peace. Amen.
Mr policeman, I read the fact that he was trying to stop some hoodlums but does that stop him from calculating well before spraying bullet. You weren't there neither am I. And that his act is almost Patriotic won't bring the girl back. I am sure if the girl should be your sister or daughter you won't be typing this.
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by stevearagorn(m): 8:47pm On May 12, 2018
It's tormenting not fomenting @op and rip to the dead and thunder for the culprit
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by pussyeater(m): 8:49pm On May 12, 2018
essohjay1:

And the other side of the coin may show that the little girl was one of those disrupting the peace of the polling unit, she simply attacked an armed personnel or the prescription in her hand looked exactly like ballot paper and the officer thought she was there to rig election and steal ballot boxes

Please justify the unwarranted killing!!!
Sense we not kill you. Abeg help me ask am oh

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by MikeBetty(m): 9:01pm On May 12, 2018
Hardeybohwarley:

Mr policeman, I read the fact that he was trying to stop some hoodlums but does that stop him from calculating well before spraying bullet. You weren't there neither am I. And that his act is almost Patriotic won't bring the girl back. I am sure if the girl should be your sister or daughter you won't be typing this.
The Simple Question To You Is; Is Nscdc The Same As Npf? If Not Then Correct Yourself.

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Shaev7(m): 9:06pm On May 12, 2018
Why can't they learn from their foreign counterpart on how to handle street mayhem or crisis? All they do is hold guns loaded with rounds to shoot at civilians who are armless. These bullets are meant for wars and other terror attacks or probably gang shootouts or robbery now shooting at polling units? If it were a pen I am using to type, I would have said it bleeds... No good news about our securities personnel these days and its a huge threat to our societies. If a Nigeria officer can't protect his fellow Nigerian, who will apart from God? An American officer will die for the sake of an American beggar because he because believes that beggar has potential. Dear securities, where have we gone wrong? May the soul of the young girl RIP. #sad
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by positivethought: 9:26pm On May 12, 2018
what happened is a very sad event but the way we Nigerians rush to condemn the security almost everytime without looking at the facts is one of the reasons why the security are often cold to react quick n decisively when call upon, now nobody mentioned they hoodlums that were causing problems that neccesitated the calling of security,security personnel are also human fallible to mistakes especially in relation to the delicate n risk nature of security work, I'm not justifying the shooting but pls let's try to understand with the security too when it's necessary.meanwhile condolences to the bereaved family.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by shemite: 9:33pm On May 12, 2018
The painful thing is that she just finished her WAEC exam yesterday
RIP
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by smushi(m): 9:41pm On May 12, 2018
what you don't know is bigger than you.

Nbote:
Na civil defence we go begin suffer from now!! I've always wondered what dey are doing carrying about rifles in towns and streets. What exactly are dey doing opening fire at all in a populated place and a polling station at dat.. Vigilante carry rifle, Police carry rifle, army carry rifle and even ordinary civil defence carries it's own rifle..
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by newjosboy: 9:49pm On May 12, 2018
May God punish the NSCDC personnel that did this.

1 Like

Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by smyo(m): 9:52pm On May 12, 2018
shithole country with shithole people, Imergin innocent girl, Thunder go fire all of them
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 12, 2018
theres talk of giving frsc men guns, i forsee road causalties on the rise by 1000% ,
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by sammirano: 9:59pm On May 12, 2018
Ibadan... Gun is so cheap mehn, Govt needs to look into that city.

Rip girl
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Jabioro: 10:01pm On May 12, 2018
What is civil defence? I thought they are to defend civilian against any molestation or battery.The civil defence had becoce civilian killers.l have not see any different in their primary duties apart from duplication sheet from police original core duties...Waiting for who will approved the peace corp for another great collateral damages..
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Meritocracy: 10:10pm On May 12, 2018
They suppose burn that civil defence immediately using jungle justice.
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by mathinips(m): 10:13pm On May 12, 2018
2019 uhmmmm
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 12, 2018
Life is so cheap in Nigeria. Who approved rifles for those wackawickee red neck rookies?

This is heart wrenching!!
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Deltatoto: 12:24am On May 13, 2018
babyvoice1990:

An officer of the Oyo State command of Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) during the local government election in Ibadan on Saturday allegedly shot a teenager, simply identified as Kofo.

According to a source, the girl was sent on an errand to buy drugs at a pharmaceutical store when she met her untimely death.

Oyoaffairs gathered that the officers were alerted that some hoodlums were fomenting trouble when personnel of the NSCDC stormed the area to quell the crisis.

A resident who refused to mention his name told Daily Trust that the girl was accidentally shot when the officers were trying to scare away hoodlums at the polling unit.

As a result of the incident, youths in the area mobilized themselves and stormed the divisional office of the NSCDC office at Ekotedo and vandalized their properties.

Effort to get the Oyo State Police Public relations officer, Mr. Adekunle Ajisebutu was proved abortive as his phone was unreachable

Source: http://oyoaffairs.com/2018/05/12/oyo-lg-election-nscdc-officer-shoots-teenager-to-death-in-ibadan/
civil defense no sabi use gin if u c dem be very careful with them else
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by stonegoldgold1: 12:35am On May 13, 2018
I did not really no why government sign this tomato security officers bill, this people are not even capble to handle raffle talkless of operating with raffle, I never use 1 day recognize them as an officer in my life because they are not even capable!!! Now see how they sent this girl out of this world. ...imagine this elewon officer.. ...anyway may her soul rest in peace
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by justjify(m): 1:38am On May 13, 2018
Evil defence
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by raphaeladeyele: 7:13am On May 13, 2018
a mistake has no master, oh! a great mistake
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Sinof(m): 10:30am On May 13, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
welcome to the streets!

people die everyday. i no longer feel a thing when i see another death be it untimely or timely.
something must kill a man. . . life goes on. .

as the viking norsemen would say "the dead don't count".
I Feel 4 The Poor Girl And Her Family, But "Dead Men Dont Count"
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Buffalo2(m): 10:44am On May 13, 2018
I ve never been comfortable with these Civil Defense guys carrying rifles
Re: Oyo LG Election: NSCDC Officer Shoots Teenage Girl Dead In Ibadan (Photo) by Rmpopman: 11:48am On May 13, 2018
very soon EFCC,LASTMA,V.I.O,FRSC,KAI,NURTW,all of them go dey use gun, including securities for malls and banks even fast foods... but wait o, civil defence na for party dem dey dey before na? abi no be dem be GUGURU DEFENCE those days?

this one weak me oo......RIP cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dolapo And Yemi Osinbajo’s Wedding Picture (Throwback) / Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP / Zack Orji Declares Support For Tinubu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.