Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? (5865 Views)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by Treasure17(m): 10:57am On May 13, 2018
We are humans after all. Forgiveness is easy to some extent but forget is what I don't subscribe to cause it takes the grace of God to do that and besides it depends on the gravity of the offence.
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by Abdulqareem: 11:12am On May 13, 2018
A man was living peaceful with his wife. They are blessed with children. The woman was able to a gather some money from the business she runs. She discussed with her husband on how to reinvest this money, she said she wants to buy things like freezers, grinding engines so as make more money from it. But the husband insisted on buying a car because he is an auto - Mechanic.
She gave the money to him, but the man no buy the car oooooo. He used the money in marrying another wife. To add more salt to her injury, the new wife is diabolical and she resulted to deal with the woman and her children
1. her first step was to cripple every source of the woman's earning diabolically and afflicted her with sickness
2. she asked the husband not to send all the other first wife children to school again
3. The man sent his first son packing because of the woman's son(from another man)
4. She keeps slandering the woman for what she has not done

Now tell me, how can the woman and the children ever forgive the father and his wife. It's almost unforgivable.

So when we talk of forgiveness it depends on the situation.
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by Nobody: 11:13am On May 13, 2018
When you forgive them totally and accept them back, they will still do it again.
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by kmaster007: 11:15am On May 13, 2018
bcoz we don't love ourselves
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by Deji63: 11:29am On May 13, 2018
Ask them o with their painted faces all over church. grin
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by shamecurls(m): 11:37am On May 13, 2018
ArcFresky:
Its forgive, but never forget....

....and when an opportunity comes to revenge. You grab it. The you can only forget cos you took retaliated
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 13, 2018
Pharaoh9:
BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMANS AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE,

RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE MORE WICKED THAN NON RELIGIOUS PEEPS

IT TAKES A BAD, WICKED OR UNFORGIVING PERSON TO BE RELIGIOUS/CHRISTIAN
I don’t understand the whole point of forgiveness has a religious background to it it’s from God saying turn the other cheek. I forgive but I don’t forget meaning I’ve let the issue go but it doesn’t mean I won’t stay vigilant for the next one. Sometimes it’s not easy imagine loving the person who hurt you ? Well God does it everyday so at least we can try
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by Iamzik: 1:00pm On May 13, 2018
AirUnseen:
I have been a Christian for more than ten years and I have noticed that Christians find it difficult to forgive and forget despite the teachings on love.
Many tend to preach forgiveness only when they have paid back. Others will never forget what has happened to them and there are those who justify paying back fellow believers with evil by quoting scriptures.
This situation which we find ourselves in is a true confirmation that the end is near. People setting up one another, pastors dragging church properties, backbiting in the church especially the choir, promotion of ministers based on ethnicity, fighting over boy/girl friends, quarrelling over income, praying for the death of people, etc are proofs that the church is not practicing true forgiveness.
Christians should learn how to forgive just the way Christ did for us.

Please Nairalanders(Christians), why is total forgiveness difficult for we Christians and how can we practice total forgiveness?

Muslim masquerading as Christian on nairaland to give gullible christans something to fight about every Sunday. By their fruits you shall know them....
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by DavSagacity(m): 1:19pm On May 13, 2018
I think this has to do with the individual and not with the religion.
Last week, I suffered gumboro outbreak in my farm and after the lab test, I went to a veterinary store to buy some drugs for the animals. when I got there, the attendants were non chalant in the way they address customers. And because I've suffered the loss of about 550 birds , I poured my pain on the guy and lashed him with words. Later on I told their manager and he understood what I was passing through. when I was driving back to the farm, I began to feel remorse that after all it wasn't the guy at the store that caused the death of my animals. so when I got there the following day, I called him and begged him that I was really sorry. I tried to explain what was happening to my farm but he was not going to hear any of my explanations. He said he has nothing to listen from my mouth.
WhAt am trying to say in essence is that: as long as we live together in the world, irrespective of our religion, the truth is that we'll offend each other along the way. But the beautiful thing is to know when to sincerely say "I am sorry" pls forgive me. and to learn how to forgive one another. That's the beauty about Life. its however perilous for Christians not to have the spirit of forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by SpaceAngel: 1:32pm On May 13, 2018
How do you forgive totally when you are taught to pray for the death and suffering of your enemies? Die by fire . Die die die. It is the Nigerian version bof Christianity. Wonder why Christ never prayed such prayers and we are immitators of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by samopex: 1:33pm On May 13, 2018
Pharaoh9:
BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMANS AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE,

RELIGIOUS PEOPLE ARE MORE WICKED THAN NON RELIGIOUS PEEPS

IT TAKES A BAD, WICKED OR UNFORGIVING PERSON TO BE RELIGIOUS/CHRISTIAN

Being religious is different from being spiritual.
most people who go to church are religious people. few are spiritual. The spiritual won't find it difficult to forgive.
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by samopex: 1:39pm On May 13, 2018
SpaceAngel:
How do you forgive totally when you are taught to pray for the death and suffering of your enemies? Die by fire . Die die die. It is the Nigerian version bof Christianity. Wonder why Christ never prayed such prayers and we are immitators of Christ.

some so called Christians go against Christ's commandment today. Jesus emphasized the need to pray for our enemies, that this makes us the true children of God. it is evident in the life of Christ, even when he was subjected to torture in the hands of the Roman soldiers. He prayed to God to Forgive them. when I examined the lives of the apostles who were persecuted, the were filled with love for their persecutors to the extent of praying for them. if they were to be present day believers, they would have prayed for fire to come down from heaven and consume their persecutors. hmmm, what a pity.
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by Jesusgirl92(f): 3:28pm On May 13, 2018
AirUnseen:
I have been a Christian for more than ten years and I have noticed that Christians find it difficult to forgive and forget despite the teachings on love.
Many tend to preach forgiveness only when they have paid back. Others will never forget what has happened to them and there are those who justify paying back fellow believers with evil by quoting scriptures.
This situation which we find ourselves in is a true confirmation that the end is near. People setting up one another, pastors dragging church properties, backbiting in the church especially the choir, promotion of ministers based on ethnicity, fighting over boy/girl friends, quarrelling over income, praying for the death of people, etc are proofs that the church is not practicing true forgiveness.
Christians should learn how to forgive just the way Christ did for us.

Please Nairalanders(Christians), why is total forgiveness difficult for we Christians and how can we practice total forgiveness?
(1) How many Nigerian Christians do you think you know?
(2) How many oyinbo Christians do you know?? Categorizing Christians.... Continue.
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 13, 2018
First, you should know that when you see christians acting out those things you listed up there, its a clear evidence that they have not been gracefully broken at heart. Also, their minds have not been renewed to that point of the "flesh" dying.
It doesn't make them non-christians, but they are still babes in Christianity. Babies grab anything, whether good or bad. They just want it. But as they grow, their understanding heightens and they become responsible. Same with christians babes. It is constant hearing and practice of the word that will transform them.
I saw a young man, who left choir practice and headed straight to a hotel with a lady, even with his bible. He's a babe in christianity, it doesn't matter how much he prays or blast in tongues. But the Holy Spirit will help them as they continue.
Now, on forgiveness and forgetting;
Forgiveness is NOT easy to give because of human desires(thirst for vengeance), knowledge(our rights), the pains(gravity of offence) and make-up(our background) but the HOLY SPIRIT is He that will help (helper) you in releasing the pains and comfort you (comforter), open your understanding about life circumstances, fills you with great resilence power and then energize you to forgive the person.
However, bear in mind that no unlawful hurt aganist another goes unrewarded. The earth is programmed to bring back 2 you what you gave out. So when you hurt sm1 ask for forgiveness. When (s)he does genuinely, it terminates the growth of that seed (hurt/pain) that you planted. Moreover, we should learn to forgive, it does good to our spirit, soul and health.
When it comes to "forgetting" it takes place with time. Its not an instant action. The human brain captures and stores information and replays it at any "look alike" scene.
Also forgetting hurts comes when true forgiveness is given but with time. Only God forgives and Forgets, instanta.
God bless us all.
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by Goodness4525: 6:36pm On May 13, 2018
Cos they are not Christian in the first place and if u are wondering who they are;

The exact opposite of it,,,, and more of scribes and Pharisees
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by RadiantKiwi(f): 8:54pm On May 13, 2018
DynamicR:
No matter how difficult it seems in answering this question, one has to understand that humility plays a major role in forgiveness. One has to see the need to respect ànd put others in shoes. When hurt, one does not need to keep grudges in his/her heart. But in situations where one is continuously hurt, he just got to change his friends or environment and focus more on others issues of life. This helps one to forget.

True talk
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by ArcFresky(m): 10:33pm On May 13, 2018
shamecurls:

....and when an opportunity comes to revenge. You grab it. The you can only forget cos you took retaliated

No u don't forget so that the experience doesnt repeat itself.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by shamecurls(m): 7:55am On May 14, 2018
ArcFresky:

No u don't forget so that the experience doesnt repeat itself.

You very right.
Re: Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians? by Martinez19(m): 9:03am On May 14, 2018
Iamzik:

Muslim masquerading as Christian on nairaland to give gullible christans something to fight about every Sunday. By their fruits you shall know them....
what the op is saying is the stack reality. I noticed a long time ago that most christians are the opposite of what you would expect. Envious, cruel, backstabbing and untrustworthy. Funny enough christians don't really have much trust and faith in their god and they don't really know much about their.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Replace The Word "A.L.L.A.H" With God, They Are Not The Same / Was Jesus Sent To The Jews Only Or The Entire World / Does Anyone Know Any Reformed Churches Located In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.