Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 (5732 Views)

Official French Open ( Rolland Garros ) 2012 Thread / Tennis: Roland Garros 2011 (where Are All These Yeye Tennis Fans Self) / Talking Tennis: Roland Garros Kicks Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by KennyG6(m): 12:25am On Jun 03, 2010
nonsense nadal has won a lot of tournament on other courts aside from clay, he is no.2 because
1) Fererer is a great player
2) Nadal's knee is dodgy
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tubabie(f): 12:26am On Jun 03, 2010
Federer worshippers are still around, thought you guys were going to be holed up till after this weekend?

@KennyG
Thank You, tell 'em jare
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by dayokanu(m): 12:29am On Jun 03, 2010
Who wont worship 16 GS over 6
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by KennyG6(m): 12:35am On Jun 03, 2010
i respect federer but dont wish him well simply because Sampras is my favourite and cant bear seeing federal express surpass him.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by dayokanu(m): 12:37am On Jun 03, 2010
WHich century are you stuck in?

Cos Federer has already surpassed Sampras since tay tay
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tubabie(f): 12:39am On Jun 03, 2010
^^ Not on every record
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by dayokanu(m): 12:40am On Jun 03, 2010
Which relevat record remains? Number of racquets used or which one
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by A40(m): 1:32am On Jun 03, 2010
@Medjai
Federer didn't catch Sampras in two years! I'm telling you a healthy Nadal would beat Federer and overtake him he has shown that quite a few times now

@Tubabez
Wow so you shoot hoops? Nice. Don't mind Dayokanu mamichula B.Ball is not by height for emphasis just google 'la dunk de la mort' (you should know what that means since you speak a lil french) or 2009 all-star slam dunk contest where a 5'9 Nate Robinson jumped over a 6'11 Dwight Howard to tear the rim. It is the tallest ones that are usually the most stiff i'm sure he would suffer back spasms when you show him some And-1 moves. . .
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tubabie(f): 1:50am On Jun 03, 2010
A-40:

@Tubabez
Wow so you shoot hoops? Nice. Don't mind Dayokanu  mamichula B.Ball is not by height for emphasis just google 'la Le dunk de la mort' (you should know what that means since you speak a lil french) or 2009 all-star slam dunk contest where a 5'9 Nate Robinson jumped over a 6'11 Dwight Howard to tear the rim. It is the tallest ones that are usually the most stiff i'm sure he would suffer back spasms when you show him some And-1 moves. . .

Men, that was really the "dunk of death" grin shocked. Don't worry I will rip Dk apart, 'just wanted to keep it low so that I will have the element of surprise! tongue
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 7:55am On Jun 03, 2010
see tubabie analysing tennis

Jankovic and Dementieva in finals- says who?

where are you putting stosur?

stosur sent Henin and Serena packing remember and i can bet my money, Henin and Serena would have dispatched Jankovic with ease

can you stake your money that Dementieva will beat Shiavone?
hell no : That game is 50/50 but i fancy stosur beating Jankovic

lets see how it goes sha
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by malaika(f): 9:41am On Jun 03, 2010
::
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tubabie(f): 9:42am On Jun 03, 2010
@Tkb
I'll advice you not to stake too much on these ladies' semis, they are tough calls. . .  but that aside,Jankovic has had a good season and her ability to pick all types of balls irrespective of the pace and range as she is quite light-footed may be Stosur's undoing. If Stosur can beat her at this then so be it.
But for the other semi, hmm Dementieva is famous for her nerves at critical times when you need her to perform but all things being equal , she will overcome and be in the final. Lets watch anyway, its all happening this afternoon.

malaika:

I wish Stosur goes all the way and takes the title. She has the heart and it'll be a refreshing change from the norm.
But any of the four ladies will be a change from the norm 'cos none of them has ever won the French Open Title.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 9:52am On Jun 03, 2010
tubabie:

@Tkb
I'll advice you not to stake too much on these ladies' semis, they are tough calls. . . but that aside,Jankovic has had a good season and her ability to pick all types of balls irrespective of the pace and range as she is quite light-footed may be Stosur's undoing. If Stosur can beat her at this then so be it.
But for the other semi, hmm Dementieva is famous for her nerves at critical times when you need her to perform but all things being equal , she will overcome and be in the final. Lets watch anyway, its all happening this afternoon.
But any of the four ladies will be a change from the norm 'cos none of them has ever won the French Open Title.
ur analysis makes a lot of sense

but i doubt if dementieva would have it easy against Shiavone
this match is 50/50

i will bet my money on stosur, i see stosur beating Jankovic
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
Shiavone through to the finals

where is tubabie?
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
pls someone shd bring out tubabie

stosur just won the first set 6-1

did she say dementieva and jankovic will play the finals?

hehehehe
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tubabie(f): 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hehehehehe no shizzles. Like I stated earlier , it was gonna be a dicey prediction.
Dementieva just manages to disappoint at critical times  embarassed I know she's got no control over her injuries but why now?
Congrats to those two ladies, hope we have a fiery final and may the best player win.

@Tkb
Stop jumping up and down, relax jare tongue
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
tubabie:

Hehehehehe no shizzles. Like I stated earlier , it was gonna be a dicey prediction.
Dementieva just manages to disappoint at critical times embarassed I know she's got no control over her injuries but why now?
Congrats to those two ladies, hope we have a fiery final and may the best player win.
i know Dementieva is good but to say Jankovic will beat Stosur? never

Samantha stosur just disgraced her
6-1, 6-2

shiavone should be ready for some tennis lessons in the finals

well done Samantha
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2010
@Tkb
Stop jumping up and down, relax jare

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
Tkb no get shame, See as he ddey jump about.

When dem send Nadal go home your body go come down
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by coolguyz(m): 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
Dementieva retires after being a set down. This is really gonan be a French Open final no bookmaker predicted right!
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Tkb no get shame, See as he ddey jump about.

When dem send Nadal go home your body go come down
posting here and updating events is jumping about?

or what exactly is jumping about that you and tubabie are talking about?
i spam una mailbox?

as for Nadal going home? we shall see
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by tkb417(m): 5:17pm On Jun 03, 2010
coolguyz:

Dementieva retires after being a set down. This is really gonan be a French Open final no bookmaker predicted right!
ure right!!!
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
where are the Fed fans? shocked grin
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2010
livin:

Please , everyone should give federer a break. Becos he's won a lot doesn't mean he'll always win. Not everyone has to like him but u have to respect his achievements.

One reason nadal is no. 2 is coz the clay court tournaments are more. his winning streak will continue until someone else comes up as d new king of clay.

Nothing lasts 4eva.
Give honor to whom honor is due.

lol what nonsense. there are only 3 clay masters tournaments and 1 clay slam. We have 2 hard court slams, at least 4-5 hard court masters and the masters cup is on hard court. Nadal has been world number 2 since 2005 despite not being a hard court player and your excuse is what?

If there were more clay tourneys like you falsely claim then Nadal would be number 1 not Federer.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2010
happy 24th birthday Rafa!

Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2010
where are the Fed fans?

Yes You are calling us?
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
Federer fans? We still dey.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2010
Yes Nadal is the king of clay but Federer also has impressive record on clay compared to that of Nadal on grass. Federer has played in four finals and one semi final of the French Open in the last 5 years. He has won only one though. Nadal sucks on grass apart from that Wimbledon title, he doesnt do well at all on grass. Fed has had numerous chances of beating Nadal on clay, sometimes he squanders two set leads like he did against Del Potro in the US Open.
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 03, 2010
medjai:

Yes Nadal is the king of clay but Federer also has impressive record on clay compared to that of Nadal on grass. Federer has played in four finals and one semi final of the French Open in the last 5 years. He has won only one though. Nadal sucks on grass apart from that Wimbledon title, he doesnt do well at all on grass. Fed has had numerous chances of beating Nadal on clay, sometimes he squanders two set leads like he did against Del Potro in the US Open.

lol Rafa was runner up in 2006, 2007 (losing only to Federer) and eventual champion in 2008. Sure he doesnt do well on grass (despite winning Aegon in 2008).
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2010
Latin guys are generally better on clay. I have lost count of the number of Latin guys who have won the French open in the last 12years
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by A40(m): 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2010
Vamos Nadal!! Happy birthday! Go and get that French Open and Number 1 spot

@Medjai
Bros abeg make we rest Nadal has beaten Federer at Wimbledon and the Aussie Open! Get back to us when Fed beats Nadal at Roland Garros
Re: Tennis: Roland Garros 2010 by medjai(m): 12:08am On Jun 04, 2010
Na wa for these Nadal fans o. Can you compare Nadal's achievement on grass to Federer's achievement on clay? Federer has played in 5 French Open semis, 3 times runner up and 1 time winner. Besides, Nadal has never achieved anything in the US Open. He has never won it nor be the runner up but Federer has won 5 and one runner up. Nadal knows his boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Messi Chose The Best Player That He’s Seen And It Is Not Ronaldinho Or Maradona / Tokyo 2020: Peak Sponsors Nigeria’s Paralympians / Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.