Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) (5737 Views)

Nigeria Vs England 5 - 2 (Copa Lagos 2011) / U-20 WC: Nigeria Vs England On Wednesday 10th August @ 11pm / Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by DiJuice(m): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2010
If you are still one of those who think the ball crossed the line you had better have a rethink!! grin grin grin see pic.

Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Kx: 10:30am On Jun 28, 2010
We have been getting it all wrong.
The net at the back of the post is there for something.

As far as FIFA is concerned, if the ball did not rock the net, it is not a goal.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by DiJuice(m): 10:43am On Jun 28, 2010
@kx, I dont agree with you. The rules say a ball is a goal once the whole ball crosses the goal line. It is not importae ball to touch the net to make it a goal.

see http://www.talkfootball.co.uk/guides/rules_of_football.html#k for help.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Kx: 11:09am On Jun 28, 2010
DiJuice,
You are aboslutely correct.
But with fifa referees latest action in germany vs england,i am correct.
Otherwise, how else do u and fifa explain the fact that a goal that
all eyes could see crossing the line was adjudged no goal?
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by DiJuice(m): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2010
Our Picture here shows the ball did not cross the line. How about that!! grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by eyoniggar(m): 11:29am On Jun 28, 2010
I wonder how dumb you guys can be. The poster just wants to
have fun. He/she photo-shopped the line to move across the line
in order for it to show that the ball has not crossed the line.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by kool05(m): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2010
that is rubbish. that is showing that there is no professionalism in this fifa world cup from the referees. b'coz most of the errors going on in this world cup can never happen in league matches.

I really expect much from fifa than this rubbish that is going on. FIFA has to look into this matter coz its getting worse. Only God knows the next mistake that is going to happen.

http://footballopedia..com
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by DiJuice(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2010
FIFA Will have to seriously consider its stand on goal line technology for future world cups. The errors that we have withnessed in SA 2010, are capable of giving the beautiful game a bad Image. Whatever needs to be done to give the referee a better advantage when he makes his decisions is welcome.

There has been talk of two extra goal-line referees, a new ball embeded with a chip to help identify when it crosses the line or outright vedio replays. Whichever choice FIFA makes will be welcomed. What is your take??
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Iyineda(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2010
From best to 'least' best:

1. Instant Video Replay of a contentious call - each team can make at most 2 appeals per game (yes, there is need to limit the number of appeals just like in tennis).

2. A new ball embeded with a chip - sounds cool but kinda expensive. . .

3. Two extra goal-line referees. It has its limits though. undecided Ask Ajax Amsterdam during a match of the Europa League last season.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Spyker: 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2010
grin grin grin grin

I am sure the referee and his assistants all have funny eyes (half past four eyes or quarter past three eyes) for not allowing that goal.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by MSY: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2010
As far as FIFA is concerned, if the ball did not rock the net, it is not a goal.

The ball that the England keeper fumbled to give USA a goal did not rock the net either, how come it was counted as a goal? , Dummy!!!
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by hercules07: 5:37pm On Jun 28, 2010
The linesman could not see that the ball had crossed the line because he was badly positioned, he was not in line with the post, also, the referee was behind play, so, he needed the linesman to confirm if the ball had crossed the line. It was a bad call in the match, but, it is what it is.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by banom(m): 5:43pm On Jun 28, 2010
Is this not supposed to be on the Joke section ? this is the funniest thing my eyes so today.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by tempest01(m): 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Faher(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2010
Nairaland has lost it's humor. You're supposed to laugh.

@OP: That's some funny sh*t you've got there. The referee's view perhaps? cheesy
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by fredo648: 5:57pm On Jun 28, 2010
I am appealing to fifa to please look into there rules again and find a solution to this kind of problems. The Referee
are spoilling the joy of the game - football.  The England Vs Germany and Argentina Vs Mexico is a bad example.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by snowdrops(m): 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2010
Any use of technology will defeat the fundamental principles of football which is continuity.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Confusion: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2010
of course the ball did not cross the line
fifa has seen this picture and they agree with it
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by sayso: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2010
it depends on the particular part of the line the ball crossed.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by folem: 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2010
snowdrops:

Any use of technology will defeat the fundamental principles of football which is continuity.
grin grin grin

Fundamental Principle?

U got to be joking.

There are lots of stoppages in football from controversial sending offs, free kicks, penalty kicks, injuries to Goalkeepers e.t.c & the time taken on these can as well be used by a video umpire to adjudicate on contentious goal-line issues.

Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Meldrick(m): 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2010
snowdrops:

Introduction of a technology that rules out human error of such magnitude like the goal scored by Lampard is paramount. FIFA cannot continue this no technology principle at the expense of some teams. They are to better in the game and work towards perfection. Blatter must re-consider his stand.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by mamagee3(f): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2010
You guys are really funny. . .

Seriously, this world cup is beginning to piss me off with all these officiating controversies hovering around.

Why can't FIFA just use technology in sorting all these arrant rubbish? undecided

Instead of stirring up all these unnnecessary stuff, Lampard scored a goal instead the referee chose to stand by his ridiculous decision.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by tempest01(m): 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2010
mama-gee:

You guys are really funny. . .

Seriously, this world cup is beginning to piss me off with all these officiating controversies hovering around.

Why can't FIFA just use technology in sorting all these arrant rubbish? undecided

Instead of stirring up all these unnnecessary stuff, Lampard scored a goal instead the referee chose to stand by his ridiculous decision.

This is not the first time in the w/c that the refree made the wrong call. It is now that it has happened to England that they now know that we need technology, this topic has been lingering for some time and it was still them that were critics, Hope the refreeing doesn't spoil the w/c for Africa.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by CarlosVent(m): 7:07pm On Jun 28, 2010
ME D REFREE WASNT RIGHT.
ONCE IT HAS CROSD D LINE ITS A GOAAAAAAAALLLLLLL
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by mamagee3(f): 7:10pm On Jun 28, 2010
CarlosVent:

ME D REFREE WASNT RIGHT.
ONCE IT HAS CROSD D LINE ITS A GOAAAAAAAALLLLLLL
I doubt the referee even saw it since he was in front and you'll need to be by the side of the goal post to see it!

Technology was needed to see the goal line, that's it!
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Builder: 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2010
why all this noise bout changing the rules of the game, if this incident were to happen to an african country, it wouldda been swept under the carpet. england is out they were useless with all their highly paid players, all least wayne rooneey was voted the ugliest player ever to feature in any world cip, a consolation prize if u ask me
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Ruq: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2010
What sort of dafts are in this thread? Once a ball passes the goal line even if it is with an inch its a goal. But the referee couldn't see it because of where he was and the ball moved so fast for anyone to notice. That's where technology is needed but i think FIFA wont want to use tech because technology wont make the game  original. But i would recommend it even if it makes the stupid.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Sauron1: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2010
lol.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by mamagee3(f): 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2010
Hahhahaha. . .

Can't believe someone just changed the title of the thread,lol. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by Rastamann: 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2010
Fifa should employ a third referee that will be on watching the replays on TV and giving the correct judgement when there are controversies.
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by kazman7(m): 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2010
the referee actually has less fault compared to the ignoramus linesman,, the impact of football on peoples emotions across the globe now should make it mandatory for football governing body (FIFA) to find a way of addressing this issues or else,
Re: Fifa Says Referee Was Right: Germany Vs England (see Pics) by IYANGBALI: 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2010
its ok guys, we need not to quarel over dis,
let us award the goal dat was cancelled to england
so the scores now is GERMANY 4 - 2 ENGLAND
and the winner of the match is G E R M A N Y tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Botswana, Ghana, Guinea, Mali : AFCON 2012 Group D / Best Sport Prediction And Strategy Website In The World / Tokyo 2020: Peak Sponsors Nigeria’s Paralympians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.