Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

The Power And Victory Of The Cross! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power And Victory Of The Cross! (4105 Views)

Why Christians Need Not Fret About Victory Of APC's Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Celebrating The Victory Of Jesus Christ / Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by 9Ebisco: 4:39am On May 13, 2018
Colossians 2: 14 – 15 “Having CANCELLED and BLOTTED OUT and WIPED AWAY the HANDWRITING of the note (bond) with its legal decrees and demands which was in force and stood against us (hostile to us), this note with its regulation, decrees and demands.

HE SET ASIDE AND CLEARED COMPLETELY out of our way by NAILING IT TO HIS CROSS; God DISARMED THE principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, IN TRIUMPHING OVER THEM IN Him and in it (the Cross)” (AMP). 1 Corinthians 7: 8 “But we speak the Wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory; Which NONE OF THE PRINCES OF THIS WORLD KNEW: for had they known it, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE CRUCIFIED THE LORD OF GLORY.”

Since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, no event has been so potent, consequential and efficacious as the Sacrifice of JESUS on the Cross.

The Cross of Calvary is the transforming catalyst, the game changer and the antidote to all human syndrome of sin, poverty, disease, wretchedness, sickness and death. The Cross is the GREAT DIVIDE between the Old and New Testaments.

It sets the partition for the Old and New Wine Covenants. The Cross puts the New Testament believer in a different class of being the POST CROSS Saint.

All the Old Testament believers were the PRE-CROSS but today, the believer is the POST CROSS Covenant Royal Priesthood.

At the cross, the most powerful Lamb of God was sacrificed for the emancipation of mankind. All that God has and owns were hidden in CHRIST JESUS, the Lamb of God.

Colossians 2:3 “In Him all the treasures of Divine wisdom, comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God and all the riches of spiritual knowledge and enlightenment are stored up and lie hidde.” (AMP). So when God sacrificed JESUS, He sacrificed all His Treasures, Riches and Resources to PAY for the redemption of mankind.

The life of every living is in the blood and when God sacrificed JESUS, He sacrificed all His Riches, Treasures and Life for the Redemption of the fallen man. The Treasure of Heaven has been crucified.

The sacrifice of JESUS on the Cross was GREATER than the sin committed by Adam in the Garden of Eden. The Supreme Price paid by JESUS has nullified all the demonic claims and activities in the life of the fallen Adam.

The Holy life and Blood shed on the Cross of Calvary has outlawed all the legal and illegal claims of the Devil against the believer. 1 John 3: 8a “For this purpose the SON OF GOD WAS MANIFESTED, that He might destroy the WORKS OF THE DEVIL”.

Poverty, Sickness, Disease, Wretchedness, failure and Death are now illegal and should not operate in the life of the POST CROSS believer.

JESUS was manifested on earth to destroy the works of the enemy on behalf of the believer. Galatians 3:13 “CHRIST hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree”.

Bible scholars have established the FIVE POWERFUL VICTORIES THAT HAPPENED at the Cross, which they call the five Ds.

• FIRST – At the Cross – Satan was DISARMED. Jesus spoiled the Principalities and Powers of their subsisting Powers. JESUS the Anointed One broke the power of the enemies and stripped them of their armour. Colossians 2:15 “And having spoiled Principalities and Powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”

• SECOND – At the Cross – Satan was totally DEFEATED. He was defeated in his own wickedness. The Holy Blood of JESUS, which was shed on the Cross, kept the devil and his cohorts completely DEFEATED.

• THIRD – At the Cross, Satan and his cohorts were DETHRONED. By shedding His Innocent, Spotless, Sinless Blood, JESUS DETHRONED the wicked demonic spirits of Satan and evil. The Price for man’s emancipation and redemption has been paid through death and shed Blood of JESUS on the Cross. Satan has no claim anymore on earth.

• FOUR – At the Cross – JESUS DISPOSSESSED the Devil of all the stolen goods of the believer. Luke 11:22 “But WHEN ONE STRONGER THAN he shall come upon him, and OVERCOME him, HE TAKETH FROM HIM all his armour wherein he trusted, and DIVIDETH HIS SPOILS”. All Power in Heaven and on Earth resides permanently in the LORD JESUS.

• FIVE – At the Cross – JESUS DESTROYED Satan who (Hebrews 2:14) “Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that THROUGH DEATH He might DESTROY HIM that had the power of death, THAT IS, THE DEVIL”. Through the Sacrifice of JESUS on the Cross – Satan has been DISARMED, DEFEATED, DETHRONED, DISPOSSESSED and DESTROYED in your life. You are victorious through the BLOOD from the Cross of JESUS CHRIST.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/the-power-and-victory-of-cross.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by Nobody: 5:07am On May 13, 2018
The blood that Jesus shed for me Way back on Calvary The blood that gives me strength from day to day It will never lose its power It reaches to the highest mountain It flows to the lowest valley The blood that gives me strength from day to day It will never lose its power

Thank You Lord for the blood!
*It's communion service today at LFC*
Happy Sunday NLanders. Let's worship our Maker today and always.

3 Likes

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by mekonglobal(m): 6:05am On May 13, 2018
Thank you Jesus! For the wonderous work of the cross. If not for you......

1 Like

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by Trustme2(m): 7:05am On May 13, 2018
The cross is the final defeat of the enemy
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by bloomstar: 8:37am On May 13, 2018
respect to the trinity, jesus is Lord
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by Zither(m): 8:38am On May 13, 2018
As long as you are in Christ, come what may you are a winner.

2nd Corinthians 2:14 — Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ....

This is why we are a unique people, the first fruits of His creation. I am so glad I belong to the family of God.

2 Likes

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by Jamiubond009(m): 8:40am On May 13, 2018
Can any good Samaritan be of help to me this Sunday . my health is frail and it's a struggle to eat. Anything will be appreciated. 0015696893 is my GTBank account number. GOD bless you
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:06am On May 13, 2018
Thank you for sharing, OP.

AFFORDABLE BOOKKEEPING & ACCOUNTING SERVICES: ₦27,500 per month

CLICK, IF YOU NEED AN EXPERIENCED ACCOUNTANT TO MANAGE YOUR COMPANY'S ACCOUNT
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by daveP(m): 9:08am On May 13, 2018
Hallelujah.... Death is defeated, the crowds have stung and failed. Now we can live and act in Victory.....
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by Rucheen(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2018
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy Spirit I am blessed

1 Like

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by hopefulLandlord: 9:25am On May 13, 2018
daveP:
Hallelujah.... Death is defeated, the crowds have stung and failed. Now we can live and act in Victory.....

You're still gonna die anyways

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by OyinO: 9:37am On May 13, 2018
There is no power or victory of any cross. Jesus was killed by 3 nails for blasphemy, proclaiming himself as King of the Jews, going against the teachings of Moses and for causing uproars. Besides, the Cross belongs to Rome. Jesus was hanged on a tree. Read the buybull for thy own understanding.

4 Likes

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by Platony(m): 9:37am On May 13, 2018
I am rich, i am strong through Christ who strengthens me. Halleluyah!!

1 Like

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by daveP(m): 9:43am On May 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Death and being a Christian were synonyms of those days. They willed to die when confronted with the denying Jesus, versus their lives. They chose to die.... so a true Christian shouldn't be afraid of death. I will die, we all will die one day, but what happens after that death is what I can guarantee you, as I can guarantee that eternal life awaits whoever is a believer, and eternal damnation awaits who ever doesn't believe on Jesus.

He wants all to get to see Him again and escape damnation, thus he ordered all Christians to keep spreading the gospel far and wide. That is love for man. It wasn't to be by force as so faiths do profess. it's by choice.

Reflect your life and escape the damnation the world have put on itself.

You talk like you think we all feel we won't die. We all have flesh and it must decompose one-day.

1 Like

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by DeepSight(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2018
9Ebisco:

The sacrifice of JESUS on the Cross was GREATER than the sin committed by Adam in the Garden of Eden. The Supreme Price paid by JESUS has nullified all the demonic claims and activities in the life of the fallen Adam.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/the-power-and-victory-of-cross.html

Really my friend, tell me sincerely - how come a perfect and wise God requires human sacrifice for the forgiveness of Sins?
Is human sacrifice not a detestable and barbaric thing as far as we know?

In particular, how does the said human sacrifice in any way make the forgiven people better souls?
For is it not our collective experience that after the purported human sacrifice of Jesus, the Nazarene Rabbi - humans have continued in evil and sin of every kind and description - and there is no discernible enlightenment of their souls?

Would it not therefore appear that the so called sacrifice in fact did nothing whatsoever to improve or better the spiritual standing of humanity - not even those among them who call themselves Christians?

Would it not have made better sense to you if forgiveness from a righteous God derives from the simple act and condition of repentance and penitence: repentance in the sense of genuinely recognizing the wrong of sin and withdrawing from it and penitence in the sense of feeling genuinely remorseful about sin and having a desire to live in higher and more noble ways? Should these two feelings not be the higher and noble feelings that would sensibly and naturally form the basis for the forgiveness of a loving, merciful and righteous God? Even as a human parent, what would form the basis of your forgiveness of an erring child? Would it not be these?

In addition does it not make better sense to say that individual atonement is required? What justice is there in taking the sins of a person and placing them on the head of another person? How can a purportedly just God transfer responsibility or liability for sins from one who committed them to another who is blameless? How does this fit and work out in your worldview?

At the end of the day, you are content to wave all these simple and sensible thoughts aside and conclude that the murder/ execution of a Jewish Rabbi some two millennia ago for some strange ritualistic reason serves to absolve you of your sins?

Kontinu.

3 Likes

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by avalontony(m): 12:49pm On May 13, 2018
I am so grateful for the blood of Jesus Christ, the lamb of God that was slain.
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by wittyt98(m): 1:16pm On May 13, 2018
of what benefit is that shit for me here in Africa bruh?

1 Like

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:29pm On May 13, 2018
God forbid that I should glory in anything aside the beautiful cross of Christ.
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:32pm On May 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You are at the mercy of death, but not so for a son of God.
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by busky101(m): 3:10pm On May 13, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

genuine believers don't die, we only sleep! Death is when your soul is perishing in hell, for example all the people Jesus raised from the dead, he never referred to them as DEAD, he only says they are sleeping.

Am really grateful for the revelation of the cross, it was a final blow to Satan, had he known God's plan for mankind with the death of his son, he would have single handedly pleaded on Jesus's behalf..... But God's will for mankind must always come to pass
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by busky101(m): 3:23pm On May 13, 2018
DeepSight:

Really my friend, tell me sincerely - how come a perfect and wise God requires human sacrifice for the forgiveness of Sins?
Is human sacrifice not a detestable and barbaric thing as far as we know?

In particular, how does the said human sacrifice in any way make the forgiven people better souls?
For is it not our collective experience that after the purported human sacrifice of Jesus, the Nazarene Rabbi - humans have continued in evil and sin of every kind and description - and there is no discernible enlightenment of their souls?

Would it not therefore appear that the so called sacrifice in fact did nothing whatsoever to improve or better the spiritual standing of humanity - not even those among them who call themselves Christians?

Would it not have made better sense to you if forgiveness from a righteous God derives from the simple act and condition of repentance and penitence: repentance in the sense of genuinely recognizing the wrong of sin and withdrawing from it and penitence in the sense of feeling genuinely remorseful about sin and having a desire to live in higher and more noble ways? Should these two feelings not be the higher and noble feelings that would sensibly and naturally form the basis for the forgiveness of a loving, merciful and righteous God? Even as a human parent, what would form the basis of your forgiveness of an erring child? Would it not be these?

In addition does it not make better sense to say that individual atonement is required? What justice is there in taking the sins of a person and placing them on the head of another person? How can a purportedly just God transfer responsibility or liability for sins from one who committed them to another who is blameless? How does this fit and work out in your worldview?

At the end of the day, you are content to wave all these simple and sensible thoughts aside and conclude that the murder/ execution of a Jewish Rabbi some two millennia ago for some strange ritualistic reason serves to absolve you of your sins?

Kontinu.
really Have you ever come across the place in Leviticus whereby if you sin, they servant of God then will bring two goats, all they people thereby will confess all there sins on the Goat, imagine that Christ didn't die for our sins, will u be buying goats everyday to atone for your sins because we sin every day and there no remission of sin without Blood and whereby also the wages of sin is death. In the Old Testament if u keep 9 commandments and fail one you have failed all 10.

And the place you said "have you seen a God that requires human sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins, let me give you an illustration here. Let's take for example I went for money rituals, no sane native doctor will offer his son for me as a sacrifice for me to be rich while he loses his sons or stand the agony of cutting his son's head himself. But due to how serious God despises sin, Christ chose to die for mankind in other to redeem us from "The Law" so instead of buying goats every week to confess your sins, one man already bore the sins of all mankind upon himself and now when you sin all u have to do is come by the blood of Jesus before God's throne of mercy, remember there is no remission of sin without blood. So in a layman language. Christ bore our iniquities upon himself to set us free From Satan, don't let the devil deceive you or anyone else. Ignorance kills faster than HIV.. I will leave you with this scripture

Galatians 6:13

I pray God opens your eyes of understanding to know him better...

Are you a Christian sir?
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by DeepSight(m): 4:08pm On May 13, 2018
busky101:
really Have you ever come across the place in Leviticus whereby if you sin, they servant of God then will bring two goats, all they people thereby will confess all there sins on the Goat, imagine that Christ didn't die for our sins, will u be buying goats everyday to atone for your sins because we sin every day and there no remission of sin without Blood and whereby also the wages of sin is death. In the Old Testament if u keep 9 commandments and fail one you have failed all 10.

And the place you said "have you seen a God that requires human sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins, let me give you an illustration here. Let's take for example I went for money rituals, no sane native doctor will offer his son for me as a sacrifice for me to be rich while he loses his sons or stand the agony of cutting his son's head himself. But due to how serious God despises sin, Christ chose to die for mankind in other to redeem us from "The Law" so instead of buying goats every week to confess your sins, one man already bore the sins of all mankind upon himself and now when you sin all u have to do is come by the blood of Jesus before God's throne of mercy, remember there is no remission of sin without blood. So in a layman language. Christ bore our iniquities upon himself to set us free From Satan, don't let the devil deceive you or anyone else. Ignorance kills faster than HIV.. I will leave you with this scripture

Galatians 6:13

I pray God opens your eyes of understanding to know him better...

Are you a Christian sir?

Please try to use your brains for once, and in case that is missing, at least use your intuition and basic conscience. The idea that anybody dies for your sins is both stuupid and delusional.

1 Like

Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by busky101(m): 4:21pm On May 13, 2018
DeepSight:

Please try to use your brains for once, and in case that is missing, at least use your intuition and basic conscience. The idea that anybody dies for your sins is both stuupid and delusional.
alright sir but are you a Christian Let me know how I can defend myself, if you are not a Christian it will be baseless convincing you because you have basic knowledge of how Christ redeemed mankind, but if you are a Christian by the Grace of God it will be more easier for me to make a point u will understand
Re: The Power And Victory Of The Cross! by Assassin101: 2:22pm On May 15, 2018
THANK YOU JESUS FOR DYING FOR A SINNER LIKE ME!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Communion: Where To Buy Holy Communion Wafer In Nigeria / The Lies Of The Garden Of Eden - A Logical View / Igbo Gospel Mix (mp3 Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.