Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos (44588 Views)

Fathia Ifeoluwa Ojewoye Raped And Murdered In Ogun After Missing / Man Impregnates His Daughter In Ogun After 8 Years Of Sex / Man Secretly Buries His Girlfriend In Ogun After She Died During Sex (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 8:16am On May 13, 2018
A middle-aged man, who had been living on robbing people with motorcycle, aka okada, for 15 years has been arrested in Ogun State, South-west Nigeria. The suspect, Lateef Folami, had twice been convicted in Lagos for stealing and robbery. He was arrested last week after ambushing two men, from whom he snatched #500,000 at gun point.

The victims had gone to a commercial bank in Agbara, Ogun State, to withdraw the money and ran into Lateef and his partner-in-crime, 20-year old Benjamin Oforitse.

Ironically, while escaping with the money, they were chased and caught up with by an alleged gang of more devilish robbers, who made away with both the money and the short gun in their possession.

All the suspects, numbering five, are currently been interrogated at the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.

The other three suspects arrested in connection with the money and gun were Yusuf Owoyele, 34, Tunde Owoyele, 23 and Itunu Abisoye, 22

Lateef had worked with several robbery gangs, most of whom have been killed.

It was from the last gang he worked with that he inherited the locally made short gun he used for his operations.

In his confession to men of the FSARS, he said: "I have been in this business for 15 years, and have been convicted twice. The first jail term was six years while the second was two years.

"Seven years ago, I was in Badagry when I sighted some goats straying in a burial ground near Badagry Police Station. I had to scale the fence, ran after the goats and succeeded in catching three. I tied the three down and, not satisfied, thought of getting more. That was how I was arrested, charged to court and sentenced to six months imprisonment.

"The second time, I carried two people on Okada from Alaba to Bariga. Somewhere around Charlie Boy, my passengers attempted snatching a bag, unknown to us that there were security men around, they shot at us. Eventually, they arrested Wale and I, while the third person escaped. We were taken to Pedro Police Station, from where were charged to court and sentenced to two years each in Ikoyi Prison", Lateef said.

On how he came about the gun, Lateef said, "Myself and two other members of my gang went out on operation and had an open confrontation with another gang, which resulted in a gun battle. One of us was killed while I escaped with the other member. One day, the fellow with whom I escaped came and handed the gun to me, saying he was traveling and would not be around for a very long time.

"I collected it, wrapped it with a polythene bag and hid it in a plantain Plantation. On May 2, 2018, I picked up the gun and went to Agbara with Benjamin, where we laid ambush for our victims. We saw them coming out of the bank, and sighting the polythene bag one of them held, I knew it contained a large sum of money.

"I was riding the Okada while Benjamin held the snatched money and the gun. I went toward Idonyin/Edu, near Agbara, unknown to us that information had been passed to people in a village, who swooped on us. I managed to escape into the bush. But Benjamin was not as lucky as I was. He was arrested. It was the following day that they combed the bush and arrested me" Lateef revealed.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/armed-robbers-arrested-after-snatching-500k-at-gun-point-in-ogun.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by Blakjewelry(m): 8:41am On May 13, 2018
thief, thief thief. so even arm robbers ain't safe anymore hehehe. BTW why are their face looking dejected are they expecting pity from us?

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:25am On May 13, 2018
Ironically, while escaping with the money, they were chased and caught up with by an alleged gang of more devilish robbers, who made away with both the money and the short gun in their possession.

Double Wahala

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by SalamRushdie: 9:28am On May 13, 2018
Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by demulepaul: 10:00am On May 13, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
"Seven years ago, I was in Badagry when I sighted some goats straying in a burial ground near Badagry Police Station. I had to scale the fence, ran after the goats and succeeded in catching three. I tied the three down and, not satisfied, thought of getting more. That was how I was arrested, charged to court and sentenced to six months imprisonment.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/armed-robbers-arrested-after-snatching-500k-at-gun-point-in-ogun.html

Afonjanss mumuism grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by EmmySparky(m): 10:37am On May 13, 2018
lol thief catch thief...nice one

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:49am On May 13, 2018
Thief steal, thief collect am!!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:49am On May 13, 2018
What will.be the best Title if this was a movie?

Thief jam thief?

Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop?

U no carry come, u no carry go?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by Timoleon(m): 10:49am On May 13, 2018
How anyone takes the stories that come out of nationalhelm serious baffles me....they were ambushed by a more deadly gang after a robbery, they had in their possession a gun, yet no one died. so what's deadly about them?
Nonsense story.

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by emmybliz(m): 10:50am On May 13, 2018
why are they posing in the pictures?
Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by loadedvibes: 10:51am On May 13, 2018
Thief rob thief lol.. dog eat dog..

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by HtwoOw: 10:51am On May 13, 2018
Talk about Season film

While escaping with the money, they were chased and caught up with by an alleged gang of more devilish robbers, who made away with both the money and the short gun in their possession

Ole gbee, Ole Gbaaa , Ole tun wa tunn gba

Thief stole it , THief stole it from Thief Another Tiff came and stole it from the thieves hahahahahah

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Who is the third theif ?

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by kullozone(m): 10:52am On May 13, 2018
Lol... Them don bandage one head make e no tear into pieces after enough planking.

These ones lives don baje!

Na the third and most dangerous thieves (police/SARS) go kon enjoy the moneysmiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by kunlesehan(m): 10:54am On May 13, 2018
Evil Food - chain

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by TollaEstate: 10:55am On May 13, 2018

This right here says it all.

Village people 10 - You 0

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by Nobody: 10:56am On May 13, 2018
lol grin grin

DOWNLOAD: Watch The Moment Man Ordered Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies (Video)>>> https://www.connectwarri.com.ng/2018/05/watch-moment-man-ordered-boss-to-sign.html

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by Pavore9: 10:58am On May 13, 2018
What is called 'Ole ji, Ole gba' cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by tabisegroup(m): 10:58am On May 13, 2018
Thievery practitioners grin
Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by ugbarreta(m): 10:58am On May 13, 2018
NCAN reporting from Imo state.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by cescky(m): 10:59am On May 13, 2018
shocked

Dog eat dog

Who even takes Okada from alaba to bariga...na wha oo, anyways they were working together.

Why won't they go back to crime..two years for ARMED robbery?..then free of charge, if your a top politician..na so

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by Nobody: 11:00am On May 13, 2018
The headline sef wan konfuse me.. I no quik gree understand or even overstand am tho

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by Nobody: 11:00am On May 13, 2018
cheesy

Just like naija politicians. The more deadly thief aka buhari taking from the thief Jonathan.

I laff in naija.

grin
Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by QuietHammer(m): 11:00am On May 13, 2018
Motherfvckers

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by NicestDude: 11:01am On May 13, 2018
his name is lateef.... = la teef = la thief which can be translated as The thief.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by Absuchat(m): 11:02am On May 13, 2018
Afonja,the most intelligent notorious tribe in Nigeria.

Imagine two different armed gangs after one victim.

I pity this tribe.

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by Jabioro: 11:04am On May 13, 2018
Another thief collected the stolen goods from the first thief..that is "two double" .

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by oluwaVaz(m): 11:04am On May 13, 2018
If you know you know grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by QTEST007(m): 11:05am On May 13, 2018
Funny

This exactly how the more deadly and corrupt APC robbed the corrupt and deadly PDP of power.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by VFLMazta: 11:06am On May 13, 2018
Do you want to know a secret method to make money on Nairabet virtual football league? Have you wasted all your savings while playing Nairabet virtual platform league?

See how to stop wasting your hard money and begin profiting on Nairabet virtual football league.

Find out more www.vflmazta.tk
Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by natruebdiz: 11:07am On May 13, 2018
lesson: nothing good cometh from evil!!!!
stay legit
free minded but security consciousness I stand!
Re: Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos by noble71(m): 11:07am On May 13, 2018
Just like our politicians grin Obasanjo collected Abacha loot chop am, Goodluck collected Abacha loot chop am, Buhari is collecting Goodluck loot and chopping it cheesy .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Warn About This Taxi Driver, DSVA & Police Ask For More Info / Henry Chibueze Aka Vampire Killed At Last / Two Airforce Officers Arrested For Locking Boy In Car Boot (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.