Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,256 members, 7,829,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 - Autos (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 (92593 Views)

Mr. Transmission-milex/ Rad Auto Works opening in other cities And We Want YOU. / Made In The USA Carquest SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil For Sale / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by thebigkendo(m): 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
Aunty Radu does radautoworks rebuild steering racks & pumps? Or strictly engine & transmission
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by thebigkendo(m): 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2018
radautoworks:
WE ARE SUSPENDING ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION WORK FOR A MONTH BECAUSE DADDY RADU HAS JOINED AUNTY RADU FOR BABY RADU'S IMPENDING ARRIVAL. WE ARE NOT YET READY TO ALLOW OUR STAFF TO RUN COMPLETELY UNFETERRED IN OUR ABSENCE.

ROUTINE MAINTENANCE AND SUSPENSION SERVICES ARE STILL AVAILABLE UNTIL OUR RETURN

Wishing baby Radu safe trip grin grin

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 8:29pm On Aug 22, 2018
thebigkendo:
Aunty Radu does radautoworks rebuild steering racks & pumps? Or strictly engine & transmission

We don't recommend rebuilding those. Well rather use manufacturer remans
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by thebigkendo(m): 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2018
radautoworks:

We don't recommend rebuilding those. Well rather use manufacturer remans

Well sometimes power steering pumps have leaking seals & o-rings.. My PS pump had some leaks on the body, I replaced the O-rings and it was back to new
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2018
thebigkendo:

Well sometimes power steering pumps have leaking seals & o-rings.. My PS pump had some leaks on the body, I replaced the O-rings and it was back to new

I asked the ultimate radautoworks authority and Glen says he never did in the USA because the kits weren't available but replacements were are a decent price. The practice in the USA for those is not worth it
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by thebigkendo(m): 11:24pm On Aug 22, 2018
radautoworks:

I asked the ultimate radautoworks authority and Glen says he never did in the USA because the kits weren't available but replacements were are a decent price. The practice in the USA for those is not worth it

Kits are actually available https://www.amazon.com/Edelmann-8934-Steering-Pump-Seal/dp/B0049MGBXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473847293&sr=8-1&keywords=edelmann+8934

Decent prices can't be a cheap as rekitting cheesy cheesy.. Some of us are very cheap grin grin we don't like to replace what can be repaired for fraction of the price for replacement.

I guess it's a DIY thingie, so big shops probably don't do it.
I think Piyke did something like that on his DIY blog
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Piyke: 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2018
thebigkendo:

Kits are actually available https://www.amazon.com/Edelmann-8934-Steering-Pump-Seal/dp/B0049MGBXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473847293&sr=8-1&keywords=edelmann+8934

Decent prices can't be a cheap as rekitting cheesy cheesy.. Some of us are very cheap grin grin we don't like to replace what can be repaired for fraction of the price for replacement.

I did do this some 2-3 years ago and the pump is still doing great. The Honda service manual has the exploded diagrams and only indicates replacement if certain parts are worn. It also recommends steering gear overhaul in certain instances; but too many special tools required.

3 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 11:57pm On Aug 22, 2018
thebigkendo:

The fear here is bad kits, high labor hours and like Piyke said all the extra tools. It's simply not worth it when we have replacements with warranties for cheap. Just the way it is in the USA. It's worth it for trannies but not power steering. The labor hours would be kinda ridiculous in a country with expensive labor.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Mikkylounge: 12:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
Their Jamaican slush and food no be here! Make I do small aproko announce that their sign is up so look right once you drive through chevron toll gate, and you'll see it atop a glass facade,2minutes from the toll gate..keep right!

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by ivoryhouse(m): 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
radautoworks:

Here's another example. 2010 BMW 325i. Car was at another dealership and wouldn't start. Of course you know what their solution was. Turns out after taking it apart it was just a camshaft bolt that broke in the head. No new engine required.

UPDATE: THE SAGA CONTINUES
so the bolt was as a result of a thirsty seized camshaft. SO... camshaft had to go!

The BMW is fine now.. !

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Piyke: 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2018
radautoworks:

The fear here is bad kits, high labor hours and like Piyke said all the extra tools. It's simply not worth it when we have replacements with warranties for cheap. Just the way it is in the USA. It's worth it for trannies but not power steering. The labor hours would be kinda ridiculous in a country with expensive labor.

I totally understand this not being done in the west by shops. It's like trying to use a cobbler in the UK to repair a shoe...most times the bill will buy another shoe (except if you have a really expensive one). That said, for the able DIYer it's a viable option especially since OEM pumps could be well over $300 (no shipping fees) and the other option being a toks PS pump you can't vouch for. From my experience with the Edelmann kit, they are quite good and are mostly around $20 or under. Will also consider rebuilding my steering gear if need be for the same reasons above.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2018
ivoryhouse:

The BMW is fine now.. !

cheesy grin
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 5:41pm On Aug 23, 2018
Piyke:

I totally understand this not being done in the west by shops. It's like trying to use a cobbler in the UK to repair a shoe...most times the bill will buy another shoe (except if you have a really expensive one). That said, for the able DIYer it's a viable option especially since OEM pumps could be well over $300 (no shipping fees) and the other option being a toks PS pump you can't vouch for. From my experience with the Edelmann kit, they are quite good and are mostly around $20 or under. Will also consider rebuilding my steering gear if need be for the same reasons above.

This is good information! Maybe we'll look into it for this market.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
ivoryhouse:

The BMW is fine now.. !

Did you take it for the 10 day leak check and follow up?

MODIFIED
Don't mind me. It hasn't been 10 days yet SMH
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by ivoryhouse(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

Did you take it for the 10 day leak check and follow up?

MODIFIED
Don't mind me. It hasn't been 10 days yet SMH
Now you mention it, we will. No one told us..an there is a defective sensor we're waiting for your people to acquire, then we take the car in for installation
How are 'yous' wink ?
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 10:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Now you mention it, we will. No one told us..an there is a defective sensor we're waiting for your people to acquire, then we take the car in for installation
How are 'yous' wink ?

*Sigh* no one told me about a defective sensor. Has it been paid for? We don't order them till they've been paid for.

We are great! Almost there!
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by ivoryhouse(m): 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2018
radautoworks:

*Sigh* no one told me about a defective sensor. Has it been paid for? We don't order them till they've been paid for.
I'll find out and get back to you tomorrow

We are great! Almost there!
Awesome..we're praying for you

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Piyke: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2018
Hello Rad,

Do you have this in stock? Want to start pressing in bushings at home cheesy

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by ivoryhouse(m): 11:21am On Aug 28, 2018
BMW 3 series Engine Vanos Shaft Actuator Sensor for 2010 BMW xdrive ..same BMW you know cool
How much will this sensor cost?
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2018
Piyke:
Hello Rad,

I've only got the pro set so far http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=TLS&partNumber=648617

It's the same one here

Alltrade 648617 Kit #46 Master Ball Joint/U-Joint Service Tool Set - 23 Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028QGT86/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xgwHBbKAZ7HCG

I have a lot of part numbers so still looking
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by AutoElectNG: 3:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
Piyke:
Hello Rad,

What's your automotive background?

You are doing wonderful things

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by jeraw: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2018
Good Morning,
I would like to know if you can work on my Honda Accord 1995 Europe Model (AUTOMATIC). The car came was bought in 2010 as tokumbo and was in use by 1 owner before I received it as a gift last year May 2017). The car has been heavily mutilated and 'kazeemized' These are the following issues I have noticed in car after one year plus of use:

1) Catalyst has be removed (confirmed by a kazeem)
2) Mobil 20w50 has been used to lubricate the car since it was bought
3) Idling is erratic (Car idles at 1300 RPM)
4) Black smoke comes out of exhaust pipe (espeially when engine is revved)
5) Gear inhibitor switch has been disable or removed ( so I can switch from drive to reverse without stepping on the brake pedal)
6) Water has been used has coolant in the car since 2010 with fans running as soon as battery comes on.
7) Fuel consumption is about 3km per litre of fuel.
cool Heating and Air conditioning set up has packed up.
9) Mileage of car is 274,886 kilometers (odometer has stopped working)

I would like to know if you can resolve these issues and what it would take (just an estimate to get it back in shape)

Thanks

CC: Radautoworks

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2018
Piyke:
Hello Rad,

Also have

OTC 7249 Ball Joint, U-Joint and Brake Anchor Pin Service Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SRGXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_XkwHBbRZ11VTW

Carry advance, alltrade, otc and Lisle.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2018
ivoryhouse:
BMW 3 series Engine Vanos Shaft Actuator Sensor for 2010 BMW xdrive ..same BMW you know cool
How much will this sensor cost?

Dorman Engine Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid (vanos solenoid) N68,985 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=DOR&partNumber=917-241 1 year warranty 6-10 day
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by ivoryhouse(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2018
radautoworks:

Dorman Engine Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Solenoid (vanos solenoid) N68,985 http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=DOR&partNumber=917-241 1 year warranty 6-10 day
Is it in stock? can we pay and pick up immediately?
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2018
jeraw:
Good Morning,
I would like to know if you can work on my Honda Accord 1995 Europe Model (AUTOMATIC). The car came was bought in 2010 as tokumbo and was in use by 1 owner before I received it as a gift last year May 2017). The car has been heavily mutilated and 'kazeemized' These are the following issues I have noticed in car after one year plus of use:

1) Catalyst has be removed (confirmed by a kazeem)
2) Mobil 20w50 has been used to lubricate the car since it was bought
3) Idling is erratic (Car idles at 1300 RPM)
4) Black smoke comes out of exhaust pipe (espeially when engine is revved)
5) Gear inhibitor switch has been disable or removed ( so I can switch from drive to reverse without stepping on the brake pedal)
6) Water has been used has coolant in the car since 2010 with fans running as soon as battery comes on.
7) Fuel consumption is about 3km per litre of fuel.
cool Heating and Air conditioning set up has packed up.
9) Mileage of car is 274,886 kilometers (odometer has stopped working)

I would like to know if you can resolve these issues and what it would take (just an estimate to get it back in shape)

Thanks

CC: Radautoworks

Hello,

email has been responded to.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2018
ivoryhouse:

Is it in stock? can we pay and pick up immediately?
Nah, got to send it it. 6-10 day.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Piyke: 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2018
radautoworks:

I've only got the pro set so far http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=TLS&partNumber=648617

It's the same one here

Alltrade 648617 Kit #46 Master Ball Joint/U-Joint Service Tool Set - 23 Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028QGT86/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xgwHBbKAZ7HCG

I have a lot of part numbers so still looking

Thanks a lot. These may be a bit over what I want price wise. Maybe I'll just plan to pick it up on my next trip. The bushing I want to replace has just shown early signs of failure.

1 Like

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by Piyke: 5:51pm On Aug 28, 2018
AutoElectNG:

What's your automotive background?

You are doing wonderful things

My brother no automotive background o. Actually a Physician. Just that I have intense passion for automotive maintenance and repair.
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by ivoryhouse(m): 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
radautoworks:

Nah, got to send it it. 6-10 day.
that's great
thanks
Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by radautoworks: 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
Piyke:

Thanks a lot. These may be a bit over what I want price wise. Maybe I'll just plan to pick it up on my next trip. The bushing I want to replace has just shown early signs of failure.

I The mean time, pop through on a Saturday and use ours!

2 Likes

Re: Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 by ivoryhouse(m): 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2018
radautoworks:

I The mean time, pop through on a Saturday and use ours!
you have such a large heart..kudos, ma'am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (57) (Reply)

Fhemmmy Motos Presents You Toyota Camry From 2007 Model And Newer At Low Prices / IMPORT DUTY CHECK here / NEED Spare Parts For Your CARs and SUVs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.