Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected (770 Views)

I Am Going To Privatize Our Ailing Crude Oil Refineries - Atiku Declares / Atiku Abubakar To Name Wike As Running Mate - Tribune / "Government Owned Universities Should Be Privatize" - Sen. Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 13, 2018
ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria’s former vice president Atiku Abubakar will privatize parts of the country’s state oil company and allow the naira currency to float to attract foreign investment if elected as head of state, he told Reuters.

Abubakar also confirmed that he intends to run in next year’s presidential election, becoming the biggest opposition heavyweight to say he will take on Muhammadu Buhari.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-politics-exclusive/exclusive-nigerias-abubakar-to-privatize-parts-of-state-oil-firm-if-elected-idUSKCN1IE0Q2

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by evy4ch(m): 5:49pm On May 13, 2018
Why old picture naw
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 13, 2018
evy4ch:
Why old picture naw
put new one, Mr. Complainer!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by colosa: 6:22pm On May 13, 2018
Correct
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 13, 2018
that's what they use to say. awon werey!
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:40pm On May 13, 2018
Already making promises with no roadmap to fulfill them if elected.
Nigerians are tired of all these talks.
Does he have a roadmap or plan to make these talks turn into action?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 13, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Already making promises with no roadmap to fulfil them if elected.
Nigerians are tired of all these talks.
Does he have a roadmap or plan to make these talks turn into action?

That's the road map. He is telling you specifics; he intends to privatise part of the Oil industry and float the Naira. I appreciate him telling us specifics we can hold him to. Not some vague promises like I will make $1 equal to N1, or I will fight corruption in the Oil sector. These are vague statements we can hold no one to.

This doesnt mean Atiku has passed the test...at all.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by SternProphet: 9:06pm On May 13, 2018
This man privatized many enterprises to himself and friends as VP with OBJ as President. That was what started his political problems with OBJ
Why does he like privatizing stuff much? There are many elements of economic policy but why privatization all the time with Atiku?

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by Ratello: 2:49am On May 14, 2018
This is how real manager of economy reasons, Atiku is not claiming a perfect man, neither is he saying he will make Naira equals to a dollar but people should listen to this man for once before the mumu mistake of "anything but Jonathan" is repeated in 2019. Atiku is fully prepared to govern. Vote him!
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by Nobody: 3:47am On May 14, 2018
make no mistake. This would be 2 his,not nigerias benefit. No buhari .no atiku.
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by Jaqenhghar: 3:51am On May 14, 2018
[size=8pt][/size]
SweetPuffPuff:
make no mistake. This would be 2 his,not nigerias benefit. No buhari .no atiku.
King cheezy puff.
You are familiarizing yourself with Nigerian politics I see
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by maisauki: 3:56am On May 14, 2018
He is coming, "die die". If ds man should become president, which I fervently pray and campaign against, he'll turn d country into his personal property
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by Nobody: 4:16am On May 14, 2018
Jaqenhghar:
[size=8pt][/size]
King cheezy puff.
You are familiarizing yourself with Nigerian politics I see
an u know why.
Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by kayfra: 4:24am On May 14, 2018
These all sound very good and practical. The government really has no business running corporations. And floating the naira will attract investors.

Good plans to get our economy moving.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Abubakar To Privatize Parts Of State Oil Firm If Elected by Jaqenhghar: 11:02am On May 14, 2018
SweetPuffPuff:
an u know why.
No I dont wink lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Magu Of EFCC Fumbled Here No Be Small. / News2019: Pdp, Sdp, Adc Mull Joint Presidential Candidate / Why Nigeria May Collapse – Sam Amadi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.