Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Help! Hardware Problem. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Hardware Problem. (785 Views)

Come Over Here To Resolve Your PC Issues Both Soft And Hardware Related! / My Laptop Make Beeping Noise When I On It,when Diagnose It Say Hardware Problem / My Laptop Does Not Detect New Hardware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Hardware Problem. by Planner(m): 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2007
Some of my computers shuts down suddenly displaying the following message: "Hardware Malfunction, please contact your hardware vendor and hardware problem. it shows a blue screen.

I have re-installed the windows but to no avail. Any suggestions?
Re: Help! Hardware Problem. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2007
i'm sorry, but i think your system is f, ked.you could try booting into the bios and running system diagnostics(hope i'm not talking crap, do system diagnostics come on pcs? i know they do on laptops).
Re: Help! Hardware Problem. by alanbolo(m): 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2007
If U can give details on yr system -- Model and internal config. With AMD chips, u might experince similar problems. Be also ready to change memory with a known gd ones.
Re: Help! Hardware Problem. by esto(f): 6:19pm On Mar 29, 2007
hey guys whats up,mine too has a problem on the same sort,it shows blue screen the rebbots.its a compaq v2000 laptop.what do i do bout it, i know u guys are gurus here.
So i need ur help.
Re: Help! Hardware Problem. by RuuDie(m): 2:52pm On Apr 03, 2007
got a desktop that acts up that way, ain't quite figured out what 2 do to it but i guess there's smthing inside it dats outta place; probably sm card/adapter's loose. it could also be as a result of random, incessant pluggin & out of plug 'n' play hardware.
Re: Help! Hardware Problem. by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 04, 2007
esto:

hey guys whats up,mine too has a problem on the same sort,it shows blue screen the rebbots.its a compaq v2000 laptop.what do i do bout it, i know u guys are gurus here.
So i need your help.

i'm assuming you're saying it shows a blue screen when it reboots. if so, boot into safemode and use system restore. that should help.it may be a phcn/power issue.

these is one of my experiences.
i have two stabilizers( A & B) in my room. i used to connect my laptop to stabilizer a , but that meant the power cable became a trip wire .so i brought in stab b, which i placed in a better location. i observed that when there was the mildest voltage fluctuation from phcn, some clicking sounds would come from the stabilizer b, and the laptop would bluesceen on the next reboot, and i 'd have to use system restore.ittgot so bad that when working with phcn supply, i used to listen for the click.anyway, over the weekend, it occured to me, stabilizer a never clicks, switches or whatever it is stabilizer b does when there are voltage fluctuations. so i connect back to stabiliser a.throughout the day, i hear the usual clicks from stabiliser b, but when i shut down and reboot my system, no blue screen! unfortunately, the trip wire almost knocked me over.

i think you may have to study your environment v closely.the following can cause power issues that mess up your systems config:

defective stabilisers

irons ,water heaters, printers, photocopiers connected on the same ring circuit as your system(i always disconnect my laptop if there is an iron on anywhere in the house.in the past, before i read up on surges, i used to play music from an older laptop, while ironing at the same time.the laptop would freeze every ten minutes or so, and have to be rebooted .i didn't understand it then)

hope this helps
Re: Help! Hardware Problem. by hola2ng(m): 9:58am On Apr 04, 2007
Re: Help! Hardware Problem. by SAMMYJOE2(m): 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2007
open the case and make sure all the cards are well seated and that every pcomponent is taking it appropriate place, if all is ok and the problem persist, then do what we call isolation, remove each component one after the other and reboot after removing each components by doing that u will discover the part that is cousing the problem. then you should then repl;ace or re[pair the part as the case may be. cool

(1) (Reply)

24-hr Internet Offer At Relatively No Cost Here Again! / Windows Xp Tips / Niit Schorlarship 2007 Form- I Need!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.