Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Why Electricity Companies Refused To Meter You.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Electricity Companies Refused To Meter You.. (424 Views)

Why Electricity Tariff Increase Is Fraudulent & Inhuman - AECPF Scribe / N166bn Debt: Electricity Companies Begin Mass Disconnection In Four States / Why Electricity Is Cut When There Is A Rainstorm In Nigeria - IKEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Electricity Companies Refused To Meter You.. by ican2020: 7:17am On May 14, 2018
What Is The Reason For Non-Availability Of Prepaid Meter?
“I have been thinking about this for some time now and I would like people in the know to help with answer.
Why aren't there prepaid meter for supply?
Is it politics or there really are non available for use?
I mean did they stop the supply of the prepaid meter because they make more money from houses that do not have the meter or it is true that meter are not really available?
Please if anybody has an idea why people can not get prepaid meter from power companies, please answer”
Source: https://www.nairaland.com/4502467/what-reason-non-availability-prepaid-meter

Reply to the above:

I have meter and before I was metered, I normally receive satanic bill of 9k to 13k monthly and when I could not take it any longer, I wrote many complains to NERC against the AEDC (ie opening a dispute)

I ended up demanding for meter and 6 months later I was metered free of charge

I, presently spend less than 3k monthly at moment.

So, the main reason why they will not meter you is that you will pay far less what you are paying at moment

Metering Nigerians will save consumers over 70% of the wicked estimated bills they are subjected to monthly by light distribution companies.
Both the government and these wicked light distribution companies know this and the only way to forced then to do the needful is for ALL Nigerians to write to the light suppliers and copy NERC to ‘Stop Outrageous Billing And Meter Your House’ without further delay

Write reminder a week later and continue to write frequently, at least 2 times a month, making reference to your previous letters.

Advantage of doing this
During this time of asking for meter and demanding for stoppage of the outrageous billing, the wicked estimated billing will stop
So, even if it takes them a year to meter you, you will enjoy free electricity and nobody will cut your light.
Just past a copy of your complain at the exact spot where your normally paste the photocopy of your light bill

From NERC website
‘14. Any un-metered customer who is disputing his or her estimated bill has the right not to pay the disputed bill, but pay only the last undisputed bill as the contested bill go through the dispute resolution process of NERC.’
Source: http://www.nercng.org/index.php/home/consumers/consumer-rights-obligations

So, write today and open dispute against the companies
Re: Why Electricity Companies Refused To Meter You.. by danseph(m): 7:48am On May 14, 2018
Good advice and the way to go about it. That is Niigeria for you!
Re: Why Electricity Companies Refused To Meter You.. by HtwoOw: 7:58am On May 14, 2018
will definitely write them, thanks for this info

(1) (Reply)

‘people Will Reject APC, Party Of Hunger, Hopelessness’ - Ekiti State PDP Tells / OBASANJO Replies Of BUHARI / Buhari, APC Celebrating Last Democracy Day – PDP Chairman, Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.