Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law (3954 Views)

Herders Adamant, Southern Govs Fail To Enforce Anti-Open Grazing Law / Court Affirms Right Of States To Enforce Anti-Open Grazing Law / End The Protest Now - Segalinks, The Coverner Of #EndSARS, Warns Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by BayelsaLegacy: 11:26am On May 14, 2018
Bayelsa State Government has warned youths, who indulge in cultism and other nefarious activities to desist forthwith or face the wrath of the Anti-Cultism Law as amended.

Speaking during the 2018 Anti-Cultism Rally organized by the Boys Brigade Nigeria, Bayelsa State Council, in Yenagoa, the Chief of Staff, Government House, Yenagoa, Rt. Hon. Talford Ongolo, reminded the youths that, the Anti-Cultism Law attracts a penalty of 20 years imprisonment.

He said from the inception of the restoration government, Governor Seriake Dickson initiated various measures, aimed at curbing violent and criminal acts and assured that, the government would not relent in stamping out the menace from the state.

While highlighting the dangers associated with cultism, Rt. Hon. Ongolo advised youths to focus on their education, noting that, such activities had truncated the education and future of young people.

Responding to a request, the Chief of Staff, accepted to be one of the Patrons of the Boys' Brigade Nigeria, Bayelsa State Council, and assured the organization of the government's support to enable it carry out its campaign to all the educational institutions in the state.

He thanked the Boys Brigade for defying the rain to create the necessary awareness on the need for youths to imbibe and preserve positive societal values.

In his remarks, President of the Boys Brigade Nigeria, Bayelsa state Council, Bishop Doutimi Egbegi, listed some of the effects of cultism to include premature death, drug abuse and addiction.

Bishop Egbegi said, the Boys Brigade would continue to support the restoration government in the fight against cultism and other societal ills and called on youths of the state to join the Brigade and other laudable organizations to promote peace and security.

Also speaking, Secretary of the Boys Brigade, Captain Peter Waibodei-Yeri, described the organization as a reputable body, with a current membership of over 12,000 in the state.

According to Captain Yeri, the organization decided to embark on a sensitization campaign in view of the worrisome dimension cultism is assuming in the state and beyond.

https://www.facebook.com/BayelsaLegacyProjects/posts/163832334310432

Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 14, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Austema(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2018
see how the guy above me robed me of FTC. so, any near success syndrom, holighost
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by EzeDiEgo1: 12:00pm On May 14, 2018

What's this one saying

They should go to school and join the Cultism in full form.

Governor be wish, this is why I love Rich Dad Poor Dad.

You guys should listen to me, School is not made for someone to go to.

Take me as example, I stop schooling after my waec but right now I can tell you I worth over $1M (not bragging)

EzeDiEgo1, Oma na $$1 of Imo state

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by webmaster001: 12:01pm On May 14, 2018
ok
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Trapnews: 12:02pm On May 14, 2018
Ok smiley
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by okachie1(m): 12:02pm On May 14, 2018
Cultism in Bayelsa state is something else I must say! Good move by the state govt.
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 14, 2018
Abeg wetin Barcelona play yesterday?

When will Rohr release super eagles provisional list?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:04pm On May 14, 2018
Good cool
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Pavore9: 12:04pm On May 14, 2018
The fundamental question is, what attracts youths to cultism?

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by inoki247: 12:07pm On May 14, 2018
dey shuld Empower dem with Laptop nd IPhone with one year paid VPN daz all cultistism will reduce....
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 14, 2018
[code][/code]
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Emassive(m): 12:12pm On May 14, 2018
The leaders and godfathers of the culture the same governors and government officials... quote me anywhere
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Alejoc(m): 12:13pm On May 14, 2018
What is the origin of this cultism in the south south sef?
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Meetleader: 12:30pm On May 14, 2018
The way I see it, the only way out of these is to

1. Discourage single parenting: The number of single moms in Bayelsa state is alarming. Some of these girls give birth as early as 15 and are not matured enough to discipline themselves let alone discipline kids. These kids outlaw their mothers as they grow and end up rolling with other loosed kids on the streets thus an opening to cultism and other social evils. Children who grow up under the close, strict and moral upbringing of Daddy and Mommy are less likely to fall victims..

2. Poverty : The average Niger Delta kid wants to enjoy that posh europian lifestyle and would stop @ nothing to get it, unlike the north where the typical hausa native is contended with what is before him. A Place like Bayelsa would require massive industrialization to get the idle youths off the street.. no idle youth would mean nobody to be recruited into cultism, political thuggery, armed robbery, sea pirates and othed forms of social unrest..

Until society begins to look at the fundamentals, the so-called anti- cultism law is just a mere document and would only add more stress, more work to security personnels without meaningful achievements ..

My one cent...

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Iduatei(m): 12:46pm On May 14, 2018
Boys brigade my first love
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by brightisodje(m): 12:50pm On May 14, 2018
Alejoc:
What is the origin of this cultism in the south south sef?
OGA EAST and WEST are the deadly onces when it comes to cultism mostly d EAST so don't spoile our name here undecided
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 14, 2018
this fool of a governor thinks he has made sense..
sacking thousands of workers , acting nonchalant to problems affecting the states only owned university.
no plans for the state for almost 8 years , youths roaming around unemployed, the only road connecting the state with the outside world is very shallow and can't even be dualized. no capital project since his inception... scamming the masses about a trashy cargo airport. this is the worst governor a state can have considering our few population and land mass.
u won't understand the pains it takes to be a Bayelsan under the govt of this thief and u expect the masses to all be sane .
mtcheeew, lemme go and sew my customers etibor.

Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Meetleader: 1:15pm On May 14, 2018
The only way out of these is to

1. Discourage single parenting: The number of single moms in Bayelsa state is alarming. Some of these girls give birth as early as 15 and are not matured enough to discipline themselves let alone discipline kids. These kids outlaw their mothers as they grow and end up rolling with other loosed kids on the streets thus an opening to cultism and other social evils. Children who grow up under the close, strict and moral upbringing of Daddy and Mommy are less likely to fall victims..

2. Poverty : The average Niger Delta kid wants to enjoy that posh europian lifestyle and would stop @ nothing to get it, unlike the north where the typical hausa native is contended with what is before him. A Place like Bayelsa would require massive industrialization to get the idle youths off the street.. no idle youth would mean nobody to be recruited into cultism, political thuggery, armed robbery, sea pirates and othed forms of social unrest..

Until society begins to look at the fundamentals, the so-called anti- cultism law is just a mere document and would only add more stress, more work to security personnels without meaningful achievements ..

My one cent...

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by simeotexy: 1:24pm On May 14, 2018
grin last to comment
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Mr2kul(m): 2:04pm On May 14, 2018
This is arrant nonsense. He is talking about cultism when he is not doing anything for the youths. He is making life difficult for the citizens. The state owned school (NDU) has not been on session (While the school is backward) since April due to students protest as a result of hike in tuition fee, and the conditions given to students to pay and complete their fees within the 1st week after resumption. Yet, he still owe salaries and he keep sacking workers everyday.
Tell me what you expect the youths to do when you're depriving them of their right and making everything difficult to them.
RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by HarryDuce(m): 2:13pm On May 14, 2018
undecided
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by HarryDuce(m): 2:13pm On May 14, 2018
A governor that does not initiate youth programmes in his state. A governor that used the said cultists to win election...

Tell us something new please.
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Ayobami7(m): 3:06pm On May 14, 2018
Nice
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Sinistami(m): 4:16pm On May 14, 2018
Meetleader:
The only way out of these is to

My one cent...

True you're Right
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by Sinistami(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2018
Mtccheeewwwww The Boys Brigade Im self No bi Cultist Full.
Re: Bayelsa Govt Warns Youths Againt Cultism...pledges To Enforce Anti-cultism Law by SlayerForever: 7:17pm On May 14, 2018
[s]
brightisodje:
OGA EAST and WEST are the deadly onces when it comes to cultism mostly d EAST so don't spoile our name here undecided
[/s]

You don't have single truth in your mouth. God help you.

(1) (Reply)

Babangida rocked a 'canvas' on his 'Agbada' during his meeting with Saraki. / MTN Nigeria And CBN Reach Agreement, MTN Would Only Pay $35 Million / Apc And Our Culture Of Violence In Enugu Politics - Ejike Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.