Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First (5081 Views)

Living Working and Travelling To African Countries - Share Your Experiences / Russian Students Visa And Travelling / I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 12:21pm On May 14, 2018
Hello i wanted to pass on some information that may be of help to any of my people planning on travelling for medical tourism or just normal holiday.
These are things I wish i had known.

1) if you are going for medical treatment you do not need to use an agent. Its a myth. Contact the hospital DIRECTLY and save yourself a lot of money. Most hospitals have an international patient department who will organise all the treatments and accommodation if neccessary. This includes your letter of invitation and advise about what visa you will need. Dont get fobbed off back to an agent...If you use an agent they will talk the same talk you will talk but YOU will pay for it.

2) This one is very very important. Make sure you carry your egusi crayfish ogbono dried fish maggi knor etc with you. You can get most things in INA market in Dehli but you will pay for it. If you are ready to pay 800 rupees which is equivalent to over 4,000 naira for ONE tin of banga or 500 rupees for one small bag of pounded yam then dont listen to me o! I have never appreciated ogbono soup the way I do now!!

3) Be prepared to pay black tax. You will be overcharged just because you are black. Make sure you can find out basic prices of things so you can at least decrease the amount you are knocked. For example ask a fellow black person in the market if you want to buy something chicken the white one is about 100 rupees per kg. Their native one is more expensive around 300 rupees per kg.

4) They will stare at you as if you have two heads. Considering some of them are blacker than the average nigerian this part always amused me but infuriated my husband. Moreso because they will stare at women and not even respect the fact you are standing with your husband. One of my colleagues at work told me that they stare because we are tall and all that but i wasnt buying it. This is a people who are racist to themselves with their caste system so just ignore the ignorance.

5) Even though they were colonised like us they cannot speak a word of english. Maybe the lighter asians because they are more educated and they helped us translate when neccessary

7) Uber, Zomato and Swiggy will be your friends. Not too sure about Ola i never used it but you get lots of deals on Uber like 50% off your next 10 trips and all that. As soon as one deal ends another starts.

cool when you get to the airport try changing a bit inside at the burea de change (Thomas Cooke) because if you go outside to the same company money changer they will tell you you have to buy £100 currency at a rubbish rate like 83 rupees to the pound or something.
In fact we found it was cheaper to do most purchases using our bankcard.
Monzo was the best absoultely no fees and a better rate than even the best money changer in Dehli.

Im still here but will update again soon any very neccessary info. God bless you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Saintsquare(m): 12:36pm On May 14, 2018
Nice info,planning on visiting new Delhi ,would be there for about 15 days.
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 12:45pm On May 14, 2018
Hi this place is pretty similar to Lagos to me apart from i have not seen a go slow once and we have been here just over a month. Also the people are very placid dont like confrontation but are very cunning and deceptive. Nigerians will not have an issue dealing with them.
As they have a closed currency we found the best place to change money was at INA market right at the front there is a money changer i think two brothers and they had the best rates.

2 Likes

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 12:46pm On May 14, 2018
Saintsquare:
Nice info,planning on visiting new Delhi ,would be there for about 15 days.
Glad to have been of help. Enjoy yourself!
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Saintsquare(m): 12:56pm On May 14, 2018
Librasky1:

Glad to have been of help. Enjoy yourself!
Hopefully, just that news coming from India Embassy is not somehow encouraging.
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Trenton: 8:55pm On May 17, 2018
more updates please jai hind

1 Like

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by mavinc4u(f): 3:19pm On May 18, 2018
india and stare are like 5 and 6, no shame at all. some times i wonder if they also have festival of stare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Saintsquare(m): 5:15pm On May 18, 2018
mavinc4u:
india and stare are like 5 and 6, no shame at all. some times i wonder if they also have festival of stare.
lol long time o
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by CaptainStephen(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2018
mavinc4u:
lolz that starring ehnn, I enjoyed the girls looking sha and some seem to be insecure.
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Marpol: 7:43pm On May 18, 2018
mavinc4u:

What of spitting! Those guys can put a cobra to shame!
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by mavinc4u(f): 8:04pm On May 18, 2018
Marpol:

grin grin grin
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 7:01am On May 20, 2018
mavinc4u:
grin its true! And no sense of personal space. The amount of times i had to ask them if they were ok when they were blatantly looking at card machine or over my shoulder when im looking at my phone.
Wonders will never cease.
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 7:05am On May 20, 2018
Marpol:

It is truly disgusting...how i survived that nonsense is only God that saw me through. They are lucky i did not start vomiting for them. In the market chai it was hell navigating the flies and spitting...
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 7:33am On May 20, 2018
Ok so further update...i remembered this after so this goes back to initial arrival at airport. Like i said dont forget to change small money INSIDE the airport because if you want to pick up a sim card when you exit the airport at the AIRTEL desk they will tell you cash only...leaving you stuck with the unscrupulous Thomas Cook exchange outside.
For around 800 rupees you can get a sim that will give unlimited calls and texts and 1.4gb of data per day this will last you for about 4 months.

Taj Mahal most drivers will offer to take you there for around $150 that was from Dehli/Noida however we struck a deal with a guy who didn't turn up at 3 am as we had arranged. As the journey is long and it is better to get there early so you can avoid crowds to take pics and all that.
We then decided to call uber which ended up being the best plan b ever! We ended up paying 6 thousand rupees there and back and the driver stayed with us all day.
So from instead of paying £110 we payed £65.
Uber is the way forward the guy cancelled the trip and renegotiated tbe price but you have an idea of the price because of the fare quote.

At the Taj Mahal when you stop at the car park they will descend on you like wolves telling you its 1.5km to the gate and try and charge 500 rupees in a tuk tuk.
Its a lie!! You can walk there in less than 5 mins and even if you do want to take the tuk tuk it should be 30 rupees.

It will cost you 1 thousand rupees to enter for foreigners and 40 rupees for the Indians hence why you will get hustlers trying to be your guide. For your 1 thousand rupees you will get

A free government guide who will take you to the front of the queue and around the site
Bottle of water
Shoe covers
Use the bathroom for free
Buggy ride back to car park

You will get harrassed by photographers who will offer you deals at 100 rupees per pic or negotiate a deal for a book and cd etc.
If you have a good camera and a good guide like we did there is NO NEED. He will take the best pics that you could ask for that you can print when you get home.
We happily gave him 1 tho rupees at the end because he was worth it! For the tour and the pics we would not have been able to take pics together if not.

When you are leaving there is a free white government buggy that will take you back to carpark. It is FREE. Those crooks tried to say it was 50 rupees back by the time we gave him side eye once he told us to enter quick! Then they tried ro say you have to wait till its full and thats another lie.

Thats its for now.

3 Likes

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:51am On May 20, 2018
How's their biryani?
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 11:39am On May 20, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
How's their biryani?
Its very nice actually. That is my favourite indian dish anyway so i am bias but i got tired of it in the end.
We met some very nice people here very friendly the majority.

1 Like

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Nobody: 11:58am On May 20, 2018
mavinc4u:

About the staring thing , I asked some of the locals

Well they said , that they can't help it because they never seen people with such body features , every time it is unique, like the oddly shaped heads , buttocks and
boobs which r totally out of proportion. They say it's a treat for them.

And for some they got nothing to do to pass time and u simply happen to the object of interest in the vicinity, once a more interesting thing comes along or happens , ur existence will simply be forgotten.

Thanks to YouTube and google they heard stories of how people eat humans , so they wonder if they r looking at cannibals.

U have no idea how much shiit they know all due to the internet , one guy was telling me like all kinds of weird stuff ,so u understand why they stare. They think u might be one of them.

Plus due to the weekly arrests of drug dealers and prostitutes from some African countries they think Ur one of them and some of them r just trying to feel u out so that they can buy drugs from u or pay u for sex.

Bad people r everywhere in every country so all these problems

Best solution is not to visit such countries

2 Likes

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:31pm On May 20, 2018
Librasky1:

Its very nice actually. That is my favourite indian dish anyway so i am bias but i got tired of it in the end.
We met some very nice people here very friendly the majority.
The way Indians talk about that dish on quora. I really wanna try it. How's their love life though. Their guys are always talking about pitiful love stories on quora. They met a girl and the girl doesn't like them and they wanna die same with the girls.
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 4:59am On May 23, 2018
nemesis8u:

Well they said , that they can't help it because they never seen people with such body features , every time it is unique, like the oddly shaped heads , buttocks and

And for some they got nothing to do to pass time and u simply happen to the object of interest in the vicinity, once a more interesting thing comes along or happens , ur existence will simply be forgotten.

Thanks to YouTube and google they heard stories of how people eat humans , so they wonder if they r looking at cannibals.

U have no idea how much shiit they know all due to the internet , one guy was telling me like all kinds of weird stuff ,so u understand why they stare. They think u might be one of them.

Plus due to the weekly arrests of drug dealers and prostitutes from some African countries they think Ur one of them and some of them r just trying to feel u out so that they can buy drugs from u or pay u for sex.

The thing is is that the entire world is made up of different people. I am amazed that people can be that ignorant. I have been to places and know that i have been discreetly stared at but you will not catch them as blatently staring at you as they do here.

When the chinese or indian have come to Nigeria do we have to stare at them like that? People are too damned busy and the people that are having interaction with them are busy kissing their asses rather than even giving them a taste of their own medicine.
But to be fai black people are in general quite welcoming of anyone different coming into their land and homes. Thats probably what got us into much of our situations where other people will now enter and take the piss.

I get the problem of drugs and prostitution but they have their own doing it there and i did see a lot at the market which was a shame but its not going to stop me from travelling to countries because they are ignorant.

I believe India is planning on being the health capital of the world the way they are making healthcare so accessible/affordable. Pretty much like how China has cornered the supply of goods to the rest of the world.
Especially as the Nhs has had it and also Americas healthcare system is not really accessible anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 5:14am On May 23, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

The way Indians talk about that dish on quora. I really wanna try it. How's their love life though. Their guys are always talking about pitiful love stories on quora. They met a girl and the girl doesn't like them and they wanna die same with the girls.

Hmmmn. This is an interesting one to me as they do not do display of any type of affection at all. So all this romance is from their movies....its not real at all.
If you smile at someone in India it basically means you are ready to sleep with them. So mostly no eye contact ans maintain sour look. Its crazy. Yet they have one of the highest rape offences in the world. 40,000 a year which is over 100 rapes a day.
So how is a people that dont do PDA and are very strict about romance protocol get to be raping like that? Gang rape to be precise.

I saw one story of a man who was abusing a mother on one side and the daughter on the other in a cinema and it was the staff that called the police for him.

Another where a girl was attacked when her family went for a wedding and when her parents reported the perpetrators to the elders of the village they were given 100 situps and to pay the victim 50 thousand rupees.
The attackers got angry, beat the parents and then burnt their house down killing the girl!

They supress everything so much for image but many monsters are beneath the facade.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:11am On May 23, 2018
Librasky1:

Hmmmn. This is an interesting one to me as they do not do display of any type of affection at all. So all this romance is from their movies....its not real at all.
If you smile at someone in India it basically means you are ready to sleep with them. So mostly no eye contact ans maintain sour look. Its crazy. Yet they have one of the highest rape offences in the world. 40,000 a year which is over 100 rapes a day.
So how is a people that dont do PDA and are very strict about romance protocol get to be raping like that? Gang rape to be precise.

I saw one story of a man who was abusing a mother on one side and the daughter on the other in a cinema and it was the staff that called the police for him.

Another where a girl was attacked when her family went for a wedding and when her parents reported the perpetrators to the elders of the village they were given 100 situps and to pay the victim 50 thousand rupees.
The attackers got angry, beat the parents and then burnt their house down killing the girl!

They supress everything so much for image but many monsters are beneath the facade.

Wow and they are always praising their country on quora. I still need to taste that biryani though.
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by mavinc4u(f): 7:14am On May 23, 2018
Librasky1:

the bold is their problem; image this image that, what will the society say, how will people treat us after this.They depend so much on what people will say about them thereby concealing the truth. Their love stories happen in some part of mumbai.

i believe they rape because they are unwillingly caged by their culture.

keep your stories coming, i am enjoying it.

3 Likes

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 23, 2018
Librasky1:

The thing is is that the entire world is made up of different people. I am amazed that people can be that ignorant. I have been to places and know that i have been discreetly stared at but you will not catch them as blatently staring at you as they do here.

When the chinese or indian have come to Nigeria do we have to stare at them like that? People are too damned busy and the people that are having interaction with them are busy kissing their asses rather than even giving them a taste of their own medicine.
But to be fai black people are in general quite welcoming of anyone different coming into their land and homes. Thats probably what got us into much of our situations where other people will now enter and take the piss.

I get the problem of drugs and prostitution but they have their own doing it there and i did see a lot at the market which was a shame but its not going to stop me from travelling to countries because they are ignorant.

I believe India is planning on being the health capital of the world the way they are making healthcare so accessible/affordable. Pretty much like how China has cornered the supply of goods to the rest of the world.
Especially as the Nhs has had it and also Americas healthcare system is not really accessible anymore.

U saw prostitution and drug peddling in INA market ?

And by the looks of Ur observations it seems u were in India for more than a year ?

I thought u went to india for medical reasons.

And it seems u toured all of India.

And as far as I know India is already one of the health tourism center's of the world.

It's medical tourism is a 200 billion dollar industry and pharmaceutical industry is near 50 billion dollar .

Presently over 80 per cent of the antiretroviral drugs used globally to combat AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) are supplied by Indian pharmaceutical firms.

It was not easy, indian companies and Indian government had to fight western pharmaceutical companies and their governments so that poor people in Asia Africa America can afford essential drugs. It was not the question of profits only.

A western drug for AIDS costing 5000 dollars a pill ain't affordable by majority around the world.

As for staring issue of India and China , their country their rules I guess.

As I said before as much as people in Africa know weird things about Asians, the Asians know same weird stuff about Africans.

Can't do anything about it , can we ?
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Trenton: 2:45pm On May 23, 2018
mavinc4u:

the bold is their problem; image this image that, what will the society say, how will people treat us after this.They depend so much on what people will say about them thereby concealing the truth. Their love stories happen in some part of mumbai.

i believe they rape because they are unwillingly caged by their culture.

keep your stories coming, i am enjoying it.

stop trying to taint the indian media in bad light. Rape is a well acknowledged problem in india. they are not hiding anything.
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 23, 2018
Librasky1:

Bollywood is shiit and anybody would be foolish to take it for real.

And a very surprising original observation u got there

"If you smile at someone in India it basically means you are ready to sleep with them"

I hope u read it when u wrote it.

I am sure the doctor and nurses during the Ur / relations medical treatment smiled at u and shop keepers, waitresses smiled at u , ordinary people on the streets smiled at u etc etc and hence all of them according to u were ready to sleep with u ?

What a person writes or speaks is a reflection of what they r , it can be their insecurities , they needs , their Psych , their overall behaviour both overt and covert.

As for rape issue
I detest from scoring brownie points in the misery of unfortunate people's be it anywhere in the world but for the first time let me make a small exception.

First let me address this

"They supress everything so much for image but many monsters are beneath the facade"

India is a threat to the international status quo of the P5 countries ie American China UK France Russia and importantly the captive financial and religious domination of the current order.

So if somebody farts in India and that issue can be used against India then all international media and national media use it to the fullest extent.

India is a fully functional democracy with complete freedom of press and judiciary .And with more than 20,000 newspapers and news channels .

So all this talk of image management is sheer baluny .
India is not China where media is controlled , India is not like countries with barely functioning governments where media can be suppressed.

As for the rape issue ( I am sorry to raise it )

Rape is a social issue present all over the world

However compared to other countries indian rape incidents per 100,000 people is low , lower than the global average.

Based on statistics, India has a recorded rape rate of 1.8 per 100,000 population, which is much lower than Russia (3.4), Germany (9.4), Norway (19.2), New Zealand (25.8 ) UK (28.8 ) and Sweden (63.5) etc etc per 100,000 population.

Nevertheless India gets undue attention becz of geo political and religious reasons.

India is the only major non Abrahamic religious country . ( Buddhism is an indic religion and can be clubbed with Hinduism)

So it is the last forientier for the trillion dollar evengelism industry of Abrahamic religions. Every opportunity is take to demean it so that indians can be converted after they become disillusioned. It is slow and long drawn strategy.

All of Africa Latin America and Asia has already been taken care of.

Another reason is geo political reason , India is the only country outside of P5 countries which has the combination of military, technology, population economy, resources and influence to break the strangle hold of the western countries , so it is obvious media kangaroo courts r a tool to keep India tied down as much as possible and keep the real issues out.

If a w*hore like Diana can be made into a saint by western media and the countries then anything is possible at the behest of international media and interests.

When u go to a foreign country learn the good points and ignore the bad ones. Because every country has the same good and bad points. But due to bias we don't see or recognise it.

It's is like u get invited to a friend's house for dinner and when u return u don't praise their hospitality but nitpick on their say poor cutlery. How fair is that ?

3 Likes

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by mavinc4u(f): 3:06pm On May 23, 2018
grin Lol, Indians has finally entered this thread to give us their good side. In as much as every country has their good and bad sides, whatever the op said about Indians are 100% raw truth.

4 Likes

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 23, 2018
mavinc4u:
grin Lol, Indians has finally entered this thread to give us their good side. In as much as every country has their good and bad sides, whatever the op said about Indians are 100% raw truth.

Well opinions r opinions laced by our prejudices aren't they ?

If opinions mattered than the world would have a different place by now , world moves on people and not on opinions.

Just for info there is no such thing as 100% truth.
Truth is relative and prejudiced . Rashomon effect wink
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Nobody: 10:05am On May 24, 2018
Librasky1:
Hello i wanted to pass on some information that may be of help to any of my people planning on travelling for medical tourism or just normal holiday.
These are things I wish i had known.

1) if you are going for medical treatment you do not need to use an agent. Its a myth. Contact the hospital DIRECTLY and save yourself a lot of money. Most hospitals have an international patient department who will organise all the treatments and accommodation if neccessary. This includes your letter of invitation and advise about what visa you will need. Dont get fobbed off back to an agent...If you use an agent they will talk the same talk you will talk but YOU will pay for it.

2) This one is very very important. Make sure you carry your egusi crayfish ogbono dried fish maggi knor etc with you. You can get most things in INA market in Dehli but you will pay for it. If you are ready to pay 800 rupees which is equivalent to over 4,000 naira for ONE tin of banga or 500 rupees for one small bag of pounded yam then dont listen to me o! I have never appreciated ogbono soup the way I do now!!

3) Be prepared to pay black tax. You will be overcharged just because you are black. Make sure you can find out basic prices of things so you can at least decrease the amount you are knocked. For example ask a fellow black person in the market if you want to buy something chicken the white one is about 100 rupees per kg. Their native one is more expensive around 300 rupees per kg.

4) They will stare at you as if you have two heads. Considering some of them are blacker than the average nigerian this part always amused me but infuriated my husband. Moreso because they will stare at women and not even respect the fact you are standing with your husband. One of my colleagues at work told me that they stare because we are tall and all that but i wasnt buying it. This is a people who are racist to themselves with their caste system so just ignore the ignorance.

5) Even though they were colonised like us they cannot speak a word of english. Maybe the lighter asians because they are more educated and they helped us translate when neccessary

7) Uber, Zomato and Swiggy will be your friends. Not too sure about Ola i never used it but you get lots of deals on Uber like 50% off your next 10 trips and all that. As soon as one deal ends another starts.

cool when you get to the airport try changing a bit inside at the burea de change (Thomas Cooke) because if you go outside to the same company money changer they will tell you you have to buy £100 currency at a rubbish rate like 83 rupees to the pound or something.
In fact we found it was cheaper to do most purchases using our bankcard.
Monzo was the best absoultely no fees and a better rate than even the best money changer in Dehli.

Im still here but will update again soon any very neccessary info. God bless you.

Omg thank you very much for this. I will be going for a medical trip too in a month or so,God willing.
(I dont usually do this) but do you mind if i contact you privately? I've got some concerns i believe you'd be able to address. Thanks
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 10:32am On May 24, 2018
NewBea:

Omg thank you very much for this. I will be going for a medical trip too in a month or so,God willing.
(I dont usually do this) but do you mind if i contact you privately? I've got some concerns i believe you'd be able to address. Thanks

This is fine and the reason I posted which was to pass in information to assist someone.
Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 10:55am On May 24, 2018
[q[b][/b]uote author=nemesis8u post=67808488]

U saw prostitution and drug peddling in INA market ?

I saw what looked like prostitues but never saw any drug peddling
And by the looks of Ur observations it seems u were in India for more than a year ?
i was only there for a few weeks
I thought u went to india for medical reasons.
[bwhat did i say that gave you that impression][/b]
And it seems u toured all of India.
There is a lot more to India that a visit to the Taj Mahal
And as far as I know India is already one of the health tourism center's of the world.
As far as you know maybe others don't?

It's medical tourism is a 200 billion dollar industry and pharmaceutical industry is near 50 billion dollar .

Presently over 80 per cent of the antiretroviral drugs used globally to combat AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) are supplied by Indian pharmaceutical firms.

It was not easy, indian companies and Indian government had to fight western pharmaceutical companies and their governments so that poor people in Asia Africa America can afford essential drugs. It was not the question of profits only.

A western drug for AIDS costing 5000 dollars a pill ain't affordable by majority around the world.

As for staring issue of India and China , their country their rules I guess.

As I said before as much as people in Africa know weird things about Asians, the Asians know same weird stuff about Africans.

Can't do anything about it , can we ?

I would imagine there is always room for improvement in regards to staring...do people aspire to remain ignorant?

[/quote]

In my first paragraph i state that it was to assist anyone who may go there with info i wish i had known
Following opinions came from questions i was asked and i answered from MY point of view.

2 Likes

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by Librasky1(f): 11:16am On May 24, 2018
nemesis8u:

Bollywood is shiit and anybody would be foolish to take it for real.
[b][/b]
And a very surprising original observation u got there

"If you smile at someone in India it basically means you are ready to sleep with them"

I hope u read it when u wrote it.

I am sure the doctor and nurses during the Ur / relations medical treatment smiled at u and shop keepers, waitresses smiled at u , ordinary people on the streets smiled at u etc etc and hence all of them according to u were ready to sleep with u ?

What a person writes or speaks is a reflection of what they r , it can be their insecurities , they needs , their Psych , their overall behaviour both overt and covert.

As for rape issue
I detest from scoring brownie points in the misery of unfortunate people's be it anywhere in the world but for the first time let me make a small exception.

First let me address this

"They supress everything so much for image but many monsters are beneath the facade"

India is a threat to the international status quo of the P5 countries ie American China UK France Russia and importantly the captive financial and religious domination of the current order.

So if somebody farts in India and that issue can be used against India then all international media and national media use it to the fullest extent.

India is a fully functional democracy with complete freedom of press and judiciary .And with more than 20,000 newspapers and news channels .

So all this talk of image management is sheer baluny .
India is not China where media is controlled , India is not like countries with barely functioning governments where media can be suppressed.

As for the rape issue ( I am sorry to raise it )

Rape is a social issue present all over the world

However compared to other countries indian rape incidents per 100,000 people is low , lower than the global average.

Based on statistics, India has a recorded rape rate of 1.8 per 100,000 population, which is much lower than Russia (3.4), Germany (9.4), Norway (19.2), New Zealand (25.8 ) UK (28.8 ) and Sweden (63.5) etc etc per 100,000 population.

Nevertheless India gets undue attention becz of geo political and religious reasons.

India is the only major non Abrahamic religious country . ( Buddhism is an indic religion and can be clubbed with Hinduism)

So it is the last forientier for the trillion dollar evengelism industry of Abrahamic religions. Every opportunity is take to demean it so that indians can be converted after they become disillusioned. It is slow and long drawn strategy.

All of Africa Latin America and Asia has already been taken care of.

Another reason is geo political reason , India is the only country outside of P5 countries which has the combination of military, technology, population economy, resources and influence to break the strangle hold of the western countries , so it is obvious media kangaroo courts r a tool to keep India tied down as much as possible and keep the real issues out.

If a w*hore like Diana can be made into a saint by western media and the countries then anything is possible at the behest of international media and interests.

When u go to a foreign country learn the good points and ignore the bad ones. Because every country has the same good and bad points. But due to bias we don't see or recognise it.

It's is like u get invited to a friend's house for dinner and when u return u don't praise their hospitality but nitpick on their say poor cutlery. How fair is that ?

All the opinions and answers i gave were from my experiences that i encountered.
You do have to be careful you cant be all smiley as a female because they will assume that means something.
I experienced walking with my husband and men leering at me. That wasnt because i asked for it or wanted it or any insecurities that you are trying to project onto me.
It happened and i stand by it despite your trolling.

Anyway going back to original.post i posted to pass on info to be of some help. Im not slagging off India and not all experiences are the same but maybe you can do you and i can do me....

1 Like

Re: Naija And Travelling To India?? Read This First by wyzoe: 9:44am On May 25, 2018
nemesis8u:

This though..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Discover Tunisia / Where Is The Best Place To Live In Enugu? / Nigerians Living In Boston, Ma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.