Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,543 members, 7,850,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:00 AM

Lesson Of A Plucked Chicken - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lesson Of A Plucked Chicken (266 Views)

Reno Omokri: Wike Has Been Taught The Lesson Of His Life / Michael Ebonhor: Robbers Plucked Out My Eyes Because I Had No Money / Female Voter's Eye Plucked Out By Assailants In Kano After Elections. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lesson Of A Plucked Chicken by hocospocus: 1:24pm On May 14, 2018
During those final days of the collapsing Marxist experiment in the Soviet Union, Soviet novelist Chingiz Aitmatov retold the following story, which has been paraphrased here.
On one occasion, so it was narrated, Stalin called for a live chicken and proceeded to use it to make an unforgettable point before some of his henchmen. Forcefully clutching the chicken in one hand, with the other he began to systematically pluck out its feathers. As the chicken struggled in vain to escape, he continued with the painful denuding until the bird was completely stripped. “Now you watch,” Stalin said as he placed the chicken on the floor and walked away with some bread crumbs in his hand. Incredibly, the fear-crazed chicken hobbled toward him and clung to the legs of his trousers. Stalin threw a handful of grain to the bird, and it began to follow him around the room, he turned to his dumbfounded colleagues and said quietly, “This is the way to rule the people. Did you see how that chicken followed me for food, even though I had caused it such torture? People are like that chicken. If you inflict inordinate pain on them they will follow you for food the rest of their lives.”

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

APC, FG Commence Total Clampdown On Opposition / Edo Strengthens Security As Obaseki Procures Another Armoured Personnel Carrier / Conflict In Figures Caused 2018 Budget Delay - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.