Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Prof. Wole Soyinka Tells EFCC To Go After Past Nigerian Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Wole Soyinka Tells EFCC To Go After Past Nigerian Leaders (625 Views)

Ugbaha Mohammed 'Dogo': Chief Cook Served 7 Past Nigerian Leaders, In Poverty / I Am Innocent Of All Charges Take Me To Court, Fayose Tells efcc / 'I Am Fayose’s Lawyer' - Femi Fani-Kayode Tells EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Wole Soyinka Tells EFCC To Go After Past Nigerian Leaders by Sodiqsoda(m): 12:04am On May 15, 2018

Nobel Literature laureate, Wole Soyinka, has said that for the fight against corruption in Nigeria to succeed, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has to beam its searchlight on some country’s former leaders.

He said;

“until we make some of our past leaders walk through those doors of the EFCC new office, the fight against corruption would not have the needed traction.”

Soyinka spoke on Monday at the opening of a meeting of heads of anticorruption agencies from Commonwealth Africa, in Abuja, the Nigerian capital.

The literary doyen said he was at the new office building of the anti-corruption agency at the weekend, “to see what will he the modest hospitality” for suspects.

The renowned writer said he asked the EFCC acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu, for the “presidential wing” of the cells, saying he asked out of his human rights concerns to ensure such personalities are well treated while in detention.

“But Magu said they are an egalitarian organisation that treats people equally,” he said told the audience.

Soyinka said all the money stolen by former Head of State Sani Abacha should be fully recovered.

The Nobel laureate particularly made reference to a leader of a neighbouring country who, he alleged, collected millions for the purpose.

In his welcome address, Mr Magu described the presence of his colleagues from Commonwealth African countries for the meeting as an endorsement of Nigeria’s efforts against corruption.

Source: http://www.genloaded.com.ng/prof-wole-soyinka-tells-efcc-to-go-after-past-nigerian-leaders/
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Tells EFCC To Go After Past Nigerian Leaders by okachie1(m): 12:43am On May 15, 2018
Wole make we hear word jare! Na to dey talk na em u sabi no single action. Shebi u no fit organize protest again abi after una use talk bring Buhari?
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Tells EFCC To Go After Past Nigerian Leaders by Omololu2121: 1:20am On May 15, 2018
I see no reason why yahoo boiz will be arrested, while the likes of OBJ,TY danjuma,babaginda,abdulsalam etc will be walking freely.

Do politicians have the right to embezzle public funds
Billions of dollars was spent on power,during the tenure of OBJ, yet power so no improvement at all,when will the EFCC arrest him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Tells EFCC To Go After Past Nigerian Leaders by bizza45: 1:24am On May 15, 2018
which of them do u want them to go after, is it d one that signs their pay cheque ....or d ones dem dey do backyard runs with
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Tells EFCC To Go After Past Nigerian Leaders by MrGreenMavro: 7:03am On May 15, 2018
grin
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Tells EFCC To Go After Past Nigerian Leaders by dokyOloye: 9:18am On May 15, 2018
They say some of us support corruption, I answered "ok oo".
If that is their understanding of it,so be it.
But what I'm saying is that you can't have IBB,Abdulsalam,Obj,Abacha family, etc alive and living well with their own loot,now you're trying to convince me that GEJ is d only corrupt person in Nigeria.
Buratai was director for procurement during d arms saga.
Miraculously,he is innocent while every other person involved is on trial and some dismissed from the army.
And even when we saw d evidence of Buratai's loot via his Dubai houses, yet he is still innocent.
Its alright ooo.
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Tells EFCC To Go After Past Nigerian Leaders by nairavsdollars(f): 9:22am On May 15, 2018
EFCC should go after Soyinka too. He must be made to vomit all the monies Amaechi gave him

(1) (Reply)

Party Convention: APC Crisis Deepens Over Power Sharing Formula / Nigerians In A Big Mess: 9 Million Employed Nigerians Now Unemployed Under Buhar / The Governor Willie Obiano Has Renamed Abakaliki Street As Club Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.