Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,296 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel (758 Views)

Enugu Doctor Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident 2 Months Before His Wedding (Pix) / Netherlands Visa 2 / How I Got My First US Visa (2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel by Dewze(m): 12:28am On May 15, 2018
Hello everyone. I was invited for a program in the US taking place in July (just two months away). I intend to pay the visa fee today. I would like to know if it is safe to do so or is the time too short? Please help.
Re: Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel by daewoorazer(m): 12:48am On May 15, 2018
Dewze:
Hello everyone. I was invited for a program in the US taking place in July (just two months away). I intend to pay the visa fee today. I would like to know if it is safe to do so or is the time too short? Please help.

Technically it’s late due to the fact that by now, appointment dates for interview would have exceeded the ‘2 months time’ period on ground. However, you can go to their site to confirm availability of dates before you pay the visa fee....

Just so u know, Lagos gets filled up quickly....that translates to you checking date availability for both Lagos and Abuja......

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Re: Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel by Dewze(m): 1:16am On May 15, 2018
daewoorazer:

Technically it’s late due to the fact that by now, appointment dates for interview would have exceeded the ‘2 months time’ period on ground. However, you can go to their site to confirm availability of dates before you pay the visa fee....

Just so u know, Lagos gets filled up quickly....that translates to you checking date availability for both Lagos and Abuja......

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Thank you for the response. Can you help me with a link to where I can check available dates?
I was reading some information about the "appointment waite time". Though I do not fully understand what that means but 128 calendar days is stated there. Does that affect me in anyway?
Re: Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel by Dewze(m): 2:49am On May 15, 2018
I made more research and it says here(screen shot below) that first available appointment is on September 18, 2018. This is for Lagos though. Does this mean it will be pointless for me paying the visa fee for traveling in July? Please I am strongly in need of advice on this. I am supposed to pay this fee today.

Like I said this is for Lagos, I will check on Abuja and update.

Note: this is my first time of trying to applying for a US visa.

Re: Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel by Dewze(m): 3:02am On May 15, 2018
I checked Abuja and it says first available appointment is July 16, September. That is just a day to the event.
Please somebody help interpret. I need to know if I am getting the right info here or I am looking at something irrelevant to my situation.

Re: Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel by daewoorazer(m): 3:05am On May 15, 2018
Dewze

A day won’t work brother

Even if your interview is successful, it takes 3 working days to process your visa...

Really sorry about that...

There are many fishes in the ocean...you’d definitely hit another...

Next time, register for interview 6months before program date so you’d have time to reschedule even if a mistake comes up or you probably missed your first interview date...

Peace

Cc Mynd44
Re: Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel by Dewze(m): 3:26am On May 15, 2018
daewoorazer:
Dewze

[b]
What date is your program starting in the US

@least your interview date must be a week or 2 earlier than your program date in the US...

If positive...register for Abuja interview this same moment bro...if you run slow, that date won’t be available in no time...

Cc Mynd44
[/b

The program starts July 17 and runs through to July 19. The Abuja first available appointment date is July 16. With that and with what you have said, can I say for sure that I will not be able to make it? Is it possible to get visa today and travel the next day?
Re: Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel by daewoorazer(m): 3:30am On May 15, 2018
Dewze:

The program starts July 17 and runs through to July 19. The Abuja first available appointment date is July 16. With that and with what you have said, can I say for sure that I will not be able to make it? Is it possible to get visa today and travel the next day?

Please read above
I edited my post when I read the part that states it’s just a day to your program date...
Re: Can I Apply For US Visa 2 Months Before Scheduled Travel by Dewze(m): 7:45am On May 15, 2018
daewoorazer:

Please read above
I edited my post when I read the part that states it’s just a day to your program date...

I have just read it. Thank you so very much for your help sir. I deeply appreciate it.

(1) (Reply)

Where Do We Go??? / Advise Me! Which Bank Should I Use For My Travel? / Take Advantage Of This Give Away !!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.